[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: disgust.jpg (90 KB, 951x840) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
90 KB, 951x840
Is there anything more pointlessly frustrating than cooking?
>spend 45 minutes making food that takes 5 minutes to eat
>have to watch if or keep checking on it, huge waste of time
>you'll probably burn it or something anyways
>Supermarkets have a vast variety of pre-made foods, sufficient to fill every food group
My rule of thumb is that if it takes more time to cook than it will to eat, it's not worth the effort
>>
Being able to cook will impress most women these days, since none of them cook anymore either.
>>
>>24775772
If for some reason you felt the urge to impress a roastie with cooking, you could easily just look up a recipe online to follow.

"Being able to cook" is pretty much synonymous for "being literate and not completely retarded"
>>
>>24775757
I enjoy cooking, one of the few things that brings joy to me. Out of all the chaos and nonsense in the world and in my life, cooking is a stable constant comfort.

Not that I'm any good at it either, my dad wouldn't let me use the kitchen until I was like 20 years old, but it's the fact that I get better at it everyday and that the outcome is entirely within my control is what makes me happy about it.

That said, there are some days where I just throw a frozen pizza in the oven or boiled water in a bowl of instant ramen.
>>
The only reason I hate cooking is because I suck at it.

>spend hours looking up cool recipes
>find some that look tasty and easy to make for my skill level
>plan meals for a week
>go to grocery store and get everything I need
>spend 45 minutes to up to 2 hours cooking almost every day
>food ends up bland every time
>edible, but lackluster
>wish I just bought it premade instead
Repeat ad nauseum.
>>
File: 1443024122177.jpg (104 KB, 618x692) Image search: [Google]
1443024122177.jpg
104 KB, 618x692
>tfw hate cooking
>tfw literally get blinding rage when starving
>tfw end up having to make something or else excruciating pain
>>
>>24776730
Seriously? Just heat up a can of soup or put together a sandwich or something
>>
Cooking is better than spending $8 at the food court every day at lunch. I save so much $$$ by cooking like a loser than pretending I'm so cool that I don't have to bring my lunch to wagekek central.
>>
I literally failed at boiling three eggs yesterday.
I was not made to be in a kitchen.
>>
>>24776001
Try a few spices lad
They can turn 3/10 food into 6-7/10 food
>>
>>24775757
>>24776001

>10-15 mins online alternating between looking up recipes/shitposting on 4chan
>20-40 mins at the grocer/supermarket/spice shop buying ingredients
>15-20 mins to wash and prep the ingredients
>10 mins of fun playing with fire and tossing a skillet or what have you

>half an hour enjoying a comfy home-made meal with a nice beer or tea while watching a comfy anime or shitposting on 4chan (or both!)

I dunno fampais maybe you need to start at something more basic than the recipes you're trying to recreate? Very few people are cooking prodigies right out the gate, there's no shame in it. Take it slow, remember that perseverance is what pays off in the end, and practice till you get better. If all else fails remember to just b urself
>>
>actually cooking

learn how to make things that can be done in 5-10 minutes or less. i haven't actually "cooked" anything in ears. there are plenty of meals you can make with very little prep time, easiest way is to cut out meat for one.
>>
It's fun if you treat it as an art as opposed to a necessity

It's also incredibly useful for making friends
>>
Whenever I try to cook chicken in the oven, it always tastes weird and bland and doesn't make me feel great.. I ldon't get it. I let the oven preheat, I put it in for a long time (over an hour), I check the inside and there's no red stuff or anything.
>>
I seriously love cooking.
There is nothing better than seeing someone enjoy a meal that you worked hard to prepare... and then enjoying it yourself!
Fuck, I can spend half the money I would eating out and have it prepared EXACTLY the way I want without having to make eye contact with anyone.
Hell, I'm going to make myself a whole fucking cheesecake right now.
>>
>>24775757

Depending on the meal it can be worth it. Cooking is pretty calming to me though I don't do it often. I often just listen to music and dance around in my kitchen/sing to my dogs while the food cooks.

I'm lame as fuck.
>>
>>24776924
Boneless skinless chicken breast needs to cook @ 375 for about 30-45 mins. It also needs seasoning. Try using Kraft dressing. I put Kraft Zesty Italian or Greek.
>>
File: k.jpg (167 KB, 856x683) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
167 KB, 856x683
>2015 not just making tendies in an airfryer
neckbeard with no cooking skills, but isn't that what women are for?
>>
>>24775757
Hope this makes you robots more appreciative of your mother. She cooks dinner for an hour every single day to feed you and the rest of the family and most of the time the kids are done in 5 minutes.

Or your father, but in my family mom cooks.
>>
>>24777071
I certainly am. Being at college and having to make every meal myself has made me see the value of my mom's cooking, I can't believe I took it for granted all those years
>>
>>24777412
Same. When I live alone I cook the most standard easy shit. Rice, spaghetti and microwavable meatballs, toasted deli meat sandwiches, eggs, oven baked pre-bagged chicken, microwave broccoli, and that's pretty much it without snack foods included. I'm too goddamn lazy to cook anything more complicated than that. I appreciate the variety in my mom's cooking so much more after living on my bland ass diet.
>>
File: 1449010282635.jpg (76 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1449010282635.jpg
76 KB, 600x756
food never tastes good when I make it from scratch
all I end up doing is fucking it up somehow, having to eat all of the gross food I made so as not to waste it and making a big mess to clean up later
having to cook a meal is fucking depressing, just thinking about it makes me upset and anxious
>tfw really good for nothing
>>
>put chicken in microwave to defrost for 15 minutes
>mix yoghurt with tomato puree, cumin, pepper, chilli and turmeric
>pop mustard seeds on the saucepan
>microwave pings, chicken done defrosting
>mix chicken with yoghurt thing
>put chicken +yoghurt thing in pan on med heat
>leave for 10 mins
>got chicken curry
Not hard man.
>>
>>24775841

>being this delusional and arrogant.

Premade food is shit, artificially 'enhanced' and processed rubbish that only worthless people buy with any regularity.

Having good cooking skils and being able to put together a fresh meal is patrician as fuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.