[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talking to yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1442611728266.jpg (474 KB, 3300x3300) Image search: [Google]
1442611728266.jpg
474 KB, 3300x3300
Do you notice you have a particular vocabulary when talking to yourself?

When I stay up very late some times I say to myself "It's going to be a raw one tomorrow", but this is something I have never said out loud to anyone and I wouldn't say it because it's not really something people expect me to say.

I also use the word nigga fairly often in my internal dialogue.
>>
I speak Esperanto fluently, at times I feel more comfortable with it than my native language so when alone I will say things in Esperanto
>>
>>24775595
>I also use the word nigga fairly often in my internal dialogue.
That's just from using 4chan too much.
>>
i phrase things like a fucking faggot for no reason.
at which hour do i need to rise?
for what food am i hungry?
etc
>>
>>24775932
it's very likely
>>
>>24776090
at least you're not ending sentences in prepositions
>>
Sometimes I sing to myself.

Oh my lawd,
This is shit
I am so bored
The fuck is this

I have got to escape
This solitary fate
Oh my god
I hate myself so much

Help me
Guiding light
Lead me out of this darkest night

Oh lawdy lawd
>>
>>24775619
>I speak Esperanto fluently
why?
>>
I often think in we. We can get through this. We got this. Were still alive. It's way more comforting than I which feels false or you which feels accusatory.
>>
>>24776440
>I which feels false
w0t
>>
I end every sentence with 'eh puss?' whether or not my kitty is nearby
>>
>>24776490
Just thinking "I really need to do those dishes" feels completely false and pointless. I already knew that I had to do the dishes. Why am I announcing that I need to do dishes?

When I say we, its my conscious mind reassuring my unconscious that were fine, we made it through, when Im feeling bad about something.

On the other hand, when I think in I mode, it can be a point of extreme motivation. For example, "I need to do the dishes. Therefore I am going to stop masturbating and go do the dishes." Then I feel coherent and directed.
>>
I swear to fucking god and satan and buddha I was referring to dogs as doge before it was a meme.
>>
>>24776585
I don't say we, but I often say let's when referring to getting with things. Let's do this shit.
>>
I've been using 'awfully' to describe things lately (e.g. I'm awfully hungry) but never out loud

>>24776440
I interchange between 'we' and 'you,' using the latter slightly more frequency.
>>
>>24776440
I think in we too, it feels more comforting and helps motivate me a lot. Like saying, "we need to do x" works better than, "i need to do x" because it makes me feel like there's someone relying on me
>>
>>24777120
>>24777373
It's obviously a holdover for when we needed friends to do anything.

>going out into the scary forest?
>no problem, just bring a friend
>let's do this

/pol/s an interesting place. Basically /r9k/ organized. They're like "we need to do something about society" while /r9k/ is like "I need to do something about my place in society".

>>24777155
I use you more as well but its so goddamn accusatory. You're wasting your time, you look stupid, etc.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.