[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to thank the robots who helped me out with the phone recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
I want to thank the robots who helped me out with the phone recommendations earlier today.

I ended up going with a platinum gold S6 Edge. I don't care about the un-removable battery. Nor am I concerned about the lack of the SD card slot since 32GB is plenty enough for me. I found the S6 Edge to be the best looking phone on the market at the moment. Aesthetics are important to me, my last phone was the HTC One M7. I was interested in the LG G4 but it looks poverty spec and its leather wrapped back just looked weird to me, in my opinion. Neither Sony(which looked interesting to me) nor the Nexus were available at the store and I didn't feel like waiting on them. I needed something ASAP.

So, robots, post your phones. How much did you get it for? How do you feel about it? What was your previous phone?

I'm pretty thrilled with mine so far. Going to buy a wireless charger pad. After I killed my One M7 I used am S3 for a while. That thing felt like ancient. Though, it got significantly better after I rooted it.

Should I root my S6 or should I wait a little?
>>
>smartphone
Kill yourself, normalfag.
>>
>>24771537
>Flip-phone
Are you trying to become a wizard?
>>
>>24771616
>any phone at all
Get a load of this normalfag.
>>
>>24771537
>trying to hard
>>
>>24771537

i use it to shitpost while i'm driving
>>
M9
Google Now Launcher

I like it when my devices work and are easy to use.

Been there done that with project phones. Fun when you don't actually need a phone but now I just want my stuff to work when I need it.
>>
>>24772140
I went to store ready to buy an M9, I loved my M7, but when I saw the Edge I was sold.
>>
None of you faggots use phones?

Come one now.
>>
>>24773160
Just a simple moto g senpai. I don't mind that it looks cheap and plain but I wish it had 2gb RAM instead of 1GB. Multitasking a shit.
>>
Motorola droid maxx old phone but battery kicks ass
>>
I still have an XT910 Maxx from 2012, very underused...I charge it once a week.
I optimized it in 2013/14.
>>
>>24771438
You should have gotten a regular S6 tbqh. Youre going to have a hard time finding a good case.
>>
>>24771438
Is the edge screen good for anything other than aesthetics? I don't know if it's worth the extra $100
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (1 MB, 4096x2731) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
1 MB, 4096x2731
>Not getting the Godzilla of phones
>>
>>24773331
Moto g/e are pure shit, but they where my first smart phones.

Always have to restart the thing to stop it from freezing, cant even run Pandora and Google maps without crashing, and the keyboard lagged when I shit post here.
After 3 craked motos I got the Droid Turbo 2, This thing is awesome, the speed of the phone is unreal. Its like going from Mechanical HD to SSD, on top of the crack resistant screen
>>
>>24774221
Already found one desu senpai. It's 40$ at the store, probably can get one cheaper else where, tho.

I was going to get the regular S6, but once I saw the Edge in gold platinum I knew I'd think about it every time I'd be doing something with my phone.

I can't believe a phone has become such an important part of my life. My first phone was flip phone, a year or two into their existence.
>>
>>24774338
It can show you notifications, like a text on the side of the screen. But in my opinion, it's mostly a gimmick plus aesthetics.
>>
>>24771438
>G4 looked poverty spec

How so? Just got one this week and I love it so far. Wasn't digging the lack of expandable storage on the S6 either though.
>>
>>24774622
I think poverty spec is a bit of an understatement. It's not a bad phone at all. I just didn't luck the all black, the plastic outlines(or whatever you call them) and the funky leather back. at least that's what they had at the store. it's price was extremely appealing and i thought about getting it hard

i aint tryna diss yo
>>
>>24774680
I see, fair enough. Mine didn't have a leather back, it had a silver one that reminded me of carbon fiber, IMO it was pretty sweet. I love the screen on it, and the camera, and it's wicked fast compared to my S3. Was gonna get an S6 for familiarity with Samsung but the G4 jumped out at me anyways so I went with it.

Glad you are enjoying your new phone though senpai.
>>
Got a Nexus 5 and it's great. Rate it 4.5/5

Pro:
>Pure Android without shovelware
>Gets the latest Android updates before everyone else
>Usability is great. There are no annoyances at all when it comes to the interface etc.

Con:
>No SD slot
>Advertised as 16GB space but it's more like 10GB
>Gets the latest Android updates before everyone else (including the bugs)
>On/Off button gets stuck sometimes but I dropped it like 100 times so that's probably the cause. Also easy to fix.
>>
>>24774753
fuck i meant to say OVERSTATEMENT, poverty wasn't the right word to describe it
>>
I'm pissed all the good android phones coming out now don't do expandable storage. What's a good, not locked down android phone that's within the same price range and specs as the latest nexus? With expandable storage of course.
>>
>>24774846
should i just root my new phone and say fuck 2 da upgrades?

i do want to keep my warranty tho

the amount of bloatware on my s6 is ridiculous
>>
>never had a decent phone before
>all service providers a shit
>no idea where to begin
>tfw
helparoni, my compadres.
>>
>>24771438
Note 4
Still best phone out imo, 4k screen, good processor, lots of ram, memory card, stylus, and durable had this for over a year now and it still looks new. I am always looking for a better phone but I have yet to find one
>>
File: 2_18_.jpg (44 KB, 790x444) Image search: [Google]
2_18_.jpg
44 KB, 790x444
>>24775096
ive got the note 5, in this case
>>
>>24774904
LG G4 is probably your best bet, V10 is also into expandable storage but probably costs a bit more.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.