[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me give you a hypothetical. Let's say that there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Let me give you a hypothetical. Let's say that there's a button in front of you. Pressing it will release a chemical into the atmosphere, rendering all humans (and only humans) permanently infertile. Without question, this will mean the extinction of the human race in 100 years. However, you will not directly kill anyone in the process.

Do you press it? I definitely would.

I'm 30 and never want children. I often think that this planet would be better off without us. No more normies, no wage slaves, no religion, no Islam, no overpopulation, no pollution, etc.

Have I just lost faith in the human race? If so, why should I believe that humanity is worth continuing? My wife KIND OF wants a child, but she can't give a single good reason I should continue this pointless cycle of existence.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7m98h5nWHc

you'd probably like this show
>>
No. As soon as people found out, anarchy would set loose. It wouldn't be a peaceful or pleasant end.
>>
if this isn't a ruse (which it probably is) this is the most selfish thing i've ever read

here's your reply. sage
>>
>>24769512
Why is it selfish? Why am I obligated to ensure that the human race survives and thrives?

Isn't it selfish to bring more people into an overpopulated and polluted world? Isn't it selfish to bring a child into this world just because women want to have a little human pet? I never fucking asked to be born.

Serious question.
>>
No. Chances are that this would make my NEET lifestyle unsustainable with all the chaos around the whole world.
>>
i'd pull it

fucking normies
>>
>>24769375
Watch children of men
>>
>>24769585
Took literally 3.8 billion years for us to form and you just gonna take that away, seriously we should find where you live and rip out your organs while burning up your insides.
>>
>>24769725
You're threatening torture and violence to a stranger over the Internet who posed a hypothetical question.

Doing an awesome job convincing me that the world is full of good people.
>>
>>24769585
you're essentially valuing human lives from your own biased point of view
just because your life is shit doesn't mean that everyone else's is shit
who are you to say that life isn't worth living?
and your environmental point assumes that humans will never solve the environmental problems. you may be right, but again, you're speculating and damning people to non-existence because you don't think they can meet your expectations
>>
>>24769780
>good people
This is a amoral world you fucking pussy, who cares if a human is an asshole or a pansy we are all human and thats all that matters.
>>
>>24769585
>an overpopulated and polluted world

>giant industrial cities are the world

Get out of your shell, faggot. There's thousands of miles of nothing in most countries.
>>
>>24769375
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
either way we wouldn't go extinct, we would have a 100 years of tech advances to stop it
>>
>>24770167
Wow. I didn't know that this was a philosophical movement. Yeah, I agree with a lot of that.
>>
File: 1446810250156.jpg (16 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1446810250156.jpg
16 KB, 251x251
>>24770285
>philosophical movement
>i agree with a lot of that

you come off as really obnoxious, self-important, and dull.
>>
>>24770285
same, but honestly i don't want the human species to end.

with tech advances we could stop child reproduction and start cloning, i see cloning as a slightly more responsible action then having children
>>
Children of men.
>>
File: 1433945219302.jpg (183 KB, 700x693) Image search: [Google]
1433945219302.jpg
183 KB, 700x693
>>24769375
at the end of your life you'll die and it won't matter either way. so i wouldn't bother. either choice is just as absurd
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.