[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Apparently it's a common thing among autistic people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>Apparently it's a common thing among autistic people to just dig holes when they go to the beach, rather than swim or sunbathe or anything else
>mfw I was that kid who always dug huge holes whenever I went to the beach

What are some other signs of autism that most people might not realize?
>>
I used to swim so far out into the water I couldn't see the shore. Rip tides are literally a myth.
>>
Me too, and at the playground.
>>
These "hints" are 99% just trolls to trick idiots like you into thinking they're actual autists.

There's nothing wrong with rather digging holes than swimming.
>>
File: 1436275528984.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436275528984.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>24766646
I tend to rock back and forth in my chair unconsciously. Is it true that this is a warning sign of autism?
>>
>>24766715
I do this all the time, literally non-stop. I think it's rather a sign of too much energy, since I sit on my ass or lay in bed 24/7.
>>
>>24766646
>restlessly shaking your leg
>fidgety when sitting
>hands in pockets when standing
>stacking/balancing stuff on top of each other
>repeatedly clicking pen when bored
>>
>>24766771
A-are you guys trolling me? I literally do all of this, plus >>24766715 this. ;_;
>>
>tfw always swimming in the beach even after hours

That might be more autistic tbH
>>
>>24766683

>rip tides are literally a myth

I got caught in one when I was younger at Ocean City, MD. I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it I was a few hundred feet from the shore, desperately treading water and getting tired quickly

I'm lucky the lifeguard (or someone) saw me, but the riptide sucked my swimsuit off so I was rescued and came to shore while totally naked, bawling my eyes out
>>
>>24766646

A big one that I didn't know about until recently was excessively checking both ways when crossing the street.

If you look more than two times, it might be because you're autistic and have difficulty with object permanence (i.e. You can't remember that you already checked the street was clear)
>>
>>24766646
>What are some other signs of autism that most people might not realize

4chan friend
4chan.
>>
>>24766771
>hands in pockets when standing
But everyone does this.
>>
>>24767540

>Believing that everyone acts like you do

This is also a sign of autism.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg (41 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg
41 KB, 420x240
Shit, I always do this at the beach until it starts to fill up with water, maybe I really am autistic
>>
>>24767398
Holy shit, I constantly look both ways until I finish crossing. I assumed it was a quirk of ADD though.
>>
>>24766646
Oh fuck I did this at the beach and at the playground all the time
>>
>>24766646
I always digged holes on the beach because I wanted people to fall in to them or trip and break something/hurt themselves
>>
>>24767560
If that's the case than everyone has autism.
>>
Im not an autist...am I?
>>
File: 1399221672133.jpg (415 KB, 1289x941) Image search: [Google]
1399221672133.jpg
415 KB, 1289x941
Do you have German genes in you?
>>
>>24766646
I know all you queers are speculating.

I'm a diagnosed aspie. In addition to be a sperglord, until a recent move, I was working at a school for behavioral problems. The program I worked in was with non-verbal autistic students (with severe aggression and behavior problems, of course).

I was a paraprofessional. Hard work, but I worked with educated, smart and well-informed individuals who gave me a lot of information and training.

The rocking, digging, humming, noises, clapping, spitting, etc. Those can be stims. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a behavior that autistic people like to do.

I have a couple myself. The way I twitch my fingers. The way I bounce in my chair and shake my legs when I'm sitting. It keeps me occupied and my attention away from the anxiety.

Autism is a spectrum. No one can diagnose you but a professional. /r9k/ doesn't know any better than some idiot on the street.

I can spot an aspie in person. It's not always hard. The lack of social queues or consideration. I tend to blurt out things without realizing how they come off to certain people. I purposefully only surround myself with people who can handle my unfiltered shitspewing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.