[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you have to learn to love yourself first! what does this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1430097216701.png (408 KB, 655x465) Image search: [Google]
1430097216701.png
408 KB, 655x465
>you have to learn to love yourself first!
what does this even mean you stupid normies
>>
It means you have to be okay with the person you are, and be comfortable with yourself.

If you are not in this state of being then it is very obvious to those around you, especially potential romantic partners.

Most people do not want that.

Fucking robots.
>>
>>24766129
holy fuck I am sick of this smug meme writer
>>
>>24766217

this

insecurity is repulsive for women
i was insecure but i always acted cool and it got me a gf

it was a disaster in the end because well i had a lot of shit to heal from my past but still
>>
It's a cop-out used when someone wants to imply that another person is entirely responsible for their lack of romantic interest, as part of the "Just World" fallacy.
If that person were to reach a stage where they 'loved themselves', the first person would have some other reason for why they weren't getting any interest (e.g. "you're giving off an air of desperation", "you're acting like you're entitled to a relationship"). The original phrase is clearly untrue, given that there are plenty of people with low self-esteem/depression/anxiety who also have people who love them.
>>
>>24766129
>>24766310
so r u the same pearson
>>
>>24766328
OP here, no. Although I agree with >>24766310
>>
>>24766383
If you were given this response it was somebody just trying to let you off easily.

If not that then you're just trying to over complicate a very simple concept.
>>
File: 1445346122831.png (359 KB, 1102x382) Image search: [Google]
1445346122831.png
359 KB, 1102x382
>weird and fucked up
>love myself and who i am
>normies still hate me
>>
>>24766434
You can replace one of the 4 rusty hubcaps - but your hubcaps are still fucking rusty mate.
>>
>>24766462
>he doesn't like rusty hubcaps
i bet you kiss girls too, faggot
>>
>>24766129
What I dont get is how other people arent plagued by feelings of inferiority. I'm considered to be very smart by most people I know, but knowing that there are people who are so much smarter than me all over the world makes me feel like shit. ANd yet completely average people are able to love themselves
>>
>>24766129
To me it means make yourself great before making your friends as great as you are :)
>>
>>24766509
Maybe if you understood the relevancy of smarter people existing you'd be more okay with your own perceived intelligence.
>>
>>24766535
thats the thing us robots are middle ground. normies fuck normies whilst actual academics fuck other academics. we got nothing
>>
>>24766509
Because it's not about being better than others.

It's about being comfortable with what you have, and looking forward to making improvements for yourself. Constantly finding new interests, and I mean actual new interests and hobbies. Actually feel interested and passionate for what you want, and if you can't get what you want then don't cling on too hard to it, otherwise it will just make you feel like shit for not getting it.

It's not about being better, or being the best. It's about actually being comfortable with what you're good at and what you're not good at.
>>
>>24766408
>If you were given this response it was somebody just trying to let you off easily.
>If not that then you're just trying to over complicate a very simple concept.

So we actually being desperate and entitled or not? You could pick another word than just say "They just weren't interested" ?
>>
>>24766129
It means that it's hard to love somebody who obviously hates themself.
It's like if you went to buy a car off of craigslist and there was a decent car but the description below it was "SHITTY CAR, LITERALLY THE SHITTIEST CAR! Why are you looking at this ad? Who would even want this piece of shit? Sure, it runs. But just barely! How awful!"
Would you rly want to buy the car?
>>
>>24766584
You guys are a mixture of falling into the middle ground, justifying the middle ground, all while not being willing to escape it despite the middle ground existing for you.

>>24766616
People don't actually consider anyone else's feelings but their own.

Their "Letting someone down easy" is only easier for themselves, and to an extension most niceties are like that.
>>
i wish i had your problems
I barely talk to anyonr ( in the last months only to the employee at the supermarket "hi" and "bye")
>>
>>24766584
>academics fuck other academics
son are you wrong

Academic girl still fucks chad, they categorize it to academic chad, raw physical desire chad, will advance my carreer chad. You wouldn't believe the amount of incels you meet getting a PhD. (At least for STEM)
>>
Don't you dare post dfw and then those words. Ever.
>>
>>24767045
what words? That you have to love yourself first? why not?
>>
>>24766129
It means they don't know how to love you correctly and need you to walk them through it
>>
It means you can be as shitty a person as you want, but as long as you're able to delude yourself into thinking that you're fantastic in every way (aka normalfags) you'll be fine as far as relationships go.
>>
>>24767838
Are you sure it's not just them realizing it doesn't matter and they'll be accepted either way?
>>
>>24767998
>Are you sure it's not them realizing it doesn't matter
>it's not them taking the time to acknowledge they're shitty people and then instead of resolving to act less shitty, they purposely force their shit onto the world
Yeah I'm sure. Most people are unable to perform that minimal amount of introspection.
Even if what you said were true, it means that genuinely evil people are a majority.

I'm pretty sure that they're just unaware of how shit they are, which happens to benefit them.
>>
>>24766217
>not hating yourself
>being an obnoxious happy cunt
Hating yourself is the best way to stop yourself from sperging out.
> potential romantic partners
don't exist m8

>Most people do not want that
I dunno being called a freak seems to indicate otherwise.

Fucking normalfags
>>
>>24768090
>>24768146
I can see why you guys are where you are in life and I don't see why I bothered trying to explain something to you.

Maybe you guys really are broke. I've been through a serious depression and have relapsed back into it, but at least I understand that the common factor in all my failures in life have been myself.

You guys are L I T E R A L L Y R E D D I T. You think you are both doomed and justified to never changing and staying the way you are. Maybe that arose from seeing that others are similar to you and blamed it on the system, or maybe you're too damn afraid to take the first step.

Either way I hope you all stay here forever if you aren't gonna change.
>>
>>24768223
This entire post contradicts the main concept behind your claim.

Congratulations on being retarded, I guess.
>>
>>24768328
Totes mcgoats. But just so we both know, in what ways.
>>
>>24768223
> I bothered trying to explain something to you.
There's a difference between explaining and lecturing.

>I've been through a serious depression and have relapsed back into it, but at least I understand that the common factor in all my failures in life have been myself.
>I CAUSED ALL MY PROBLEMS THEREFORE OTHER PEOPLE MUST CAUSING THEIR OWN PROBLEMS
That's some retarded reasoning, not everyone is the same.

>You think you are both doomed and justified to never changing and staying the way you are
I never said that fag

Besides even if that was the case, you being patronizing isn't helping shit. I think you need to take a break and do some introspection before getting all haughty with us.
Perhaps try kicking your ego down a few notches first.
>>
>>24768574
I could have literally written out ahead of time what you just said and been spot on.

You need far more help than me.
>>
>>24768611
>I could have literally written out ahead of time what you just said and been spot on.
Explain.

>You need far more help than me.
How would you know that?
All you've been doing so far is projecting your experiences and straw-manning me.

There is nothing wrong with hating yourself.
>>
>>24768611
>I could have literally written out ahead of time what you just said and been spot on.
You're grasping for straws with your bullshit historian fallacy.

Tell me, what am I going to reply with next?
>>
File: nolongerflavortown.png (91 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
nolongerflavortown.png
91 KB, 240x255
>>24766129
it means to be full of yourself and not be aware of reality

basically stop being a robot and let your emotions boss you around
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.