[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just be urself Can someone actually explain to me what is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1420399320932s.jpg (10 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1420399320932s.jpg
10 KB, 208x200
>Just be urself

Can someone actually explain to me what is wrong about this statement? I see lots of robots mocking it but never actually heard a refutation of why its wrong.
>>
>>24764919
Because this IS who we are, and society does not accept who we are. Simple as that, you normie fuck.
>>
It's ignorant to pretend you're gonna find some miracle person who likes "who you really are".

In romance or otherwise.
>>
>>24765069
Yeah, normies always say that they like genuine people, but that's horseshit.
>>
>>24765108
I mean anyone in general.

Like, the robots who've decided they "like" other robots are honestly Stockholming themselves into this idealized version of "A ROBOT".

But I mean that's shockingly similar to how normies are just trying to live up the idealized standards that made them who they are too, right?
>>
>>24765007
Agent 007 is right.
>>
Because "just being yourself" only works if who you are is a likeable person.
>>
>>24765260
Those words cut deep
>>
>>24765333
Are these trips that I see before me?
>>
I think you all know by now it's bullshit advice so shut the fuck up and stop talking about it.

Everyone fakes it to get ahead. You think all those faggots at bars are really interested in what a girl has to say? No, they just want to fuck her and tolerate her idiocy until that happens.

Everyone is more Machiavellian than they think.
>>
>>24765718
>Everyone fakes it to get ahead.
Yeap.
>Everyone is more Machiavellian than they think
Nope.
>>
>>24764919
most robots are shitty people?
>>
>>24765753
>Everyone is more Machiavellian than they think
>Nope.

Elaborate.
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 805x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 805x556
>>24764919
It explains nothing. its not an answer. it implies we're trying to not be ourselves. if we werent then it would be alright but theres got to be steps afterwards. The only way its a decent instruction is if it actually gets you the best outcome.
>>
I've "just been myself" for 20 years now and never managed to make a friend, how will this "advise" help at all? It's basically saying to not change anything
>>
>>24765769
Do you actually think normies truly put any weight or thought into their actions?

Do you think most people actually think about what they do?

Isn't that how you robots think? That other people just magically get through life without any effort?

Isn't that contradictory to being Machiavellian?
>>
>>24765824
I don't believe in people just getting by. I've been on Normie circles, even Normies are putting on an elaborate act. They're just as pathetic, the only difference is that they're brave enough to get out there.
>>
>>24765868
*And look decent to begin with
>>
>>24765868
You're basically speaking my mind friend.

I only wrote it to get a rise out of you.
>>
Being myself is what got me here
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.