[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: brotherhood.jpg (71 KB, 379x500) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood.jpg
71 KB, 379x500
Post images like pic related, or if anybody has any military stories to share then go right ahead.

Because from my experience there is rarely a stronger bond than when you're with your comrades in arms.
>>
>>24762690
>military
>>>/k/
>>
File: 1240010401741.jpg (127 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1240010401741.jpg
127 KB, 1024x681
>tfw the airstrike you called hits a school
>>
>>24762812
/thread

asasas
>>
>do shit in school
>cant get a job
>get free shelter and food and money for driving around an empty desert a few hours a day
>after a few years go to college for free
>>
Should I join the navy or the army?

I'm not American but I'm having a hard time choosing. Mostly because the army does cool shit, but the navy allows you to travel a lot (I come from a country where we don't have military bases all around the world like the US does).
>>
It's not a real bond, you aren't close to these people because you are alike or share the same views. It's fake just like family.

I served as a conscript for some time, felt the "bond" as long as I was with these people (we were together 24/7), then after getting out we never met again and while I feel somewhat nostalgic of them I realize I got nothing to share with most of them.
>>
>>24762853
So you're looking to join the US military but you live in another country?
>>
>>24762945
No, I'm looking to join my country's military (I'd join the US mil but it's impossible I suppose). I just don't know if I should go for navy or army.
>>
File: marlboro-marine.jpg (34 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
marlboro-marine.jpg
34 KB, 500x334
>>24762870
That's only your personal experience though.
My dad still talks to an old Amy friend he met while serving, and he left the army 30 years ago. He used to have more ex-military friends, but the rest are dead now because they all drank/smoked 24/7.
>>
>>24762853
>join navy if u like dicks
>join army if u like dicks
now pick one
>>
>>24762962
It depends, if you want to be stationed on a vessel for weeks at a time doing different forms of work then go for it.
If you want to join the army then you'll find yourself stationed at a base and you'll have to do similar work but you'll be deployed more often.
>>
>>24762870
>It's fake just like family.
Huh?
>I served as a conscript for some time
OOOOOOH! You're a subliterate moron from some shithole 3rd world nation like Mozambique or Russia or Belgium or something.
We are talking about the bond between male *HUMANS*, here.
>>
File: my life.gif (167 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
my life.gif
167 KB, 500x335
>tfw you will never prove yourself in battle
>>
File: 070401_Panmunjeom3.jpg (432 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
070401_Panmunjeom3.jpg
432 KB, 3008x2000
>>24763204
>3rd world shithole

Well, he could be South Korean. They still have mandatory conscription. But that being said, Korean men are shit and that's why so many of their women are going after white cock; it's not a surprise they wouldn't be able to bond.
>>
>>24763230
What's stopping you from flying to France right now and joining the Foreign Legion?
>>
>>24763296
France is hardly relevant as a military power though, compared to the US
>>
I had some great experiences in the military and made some friends who i still meet with and speak on a daily basis.

I left the military and got fucked over by someone who promised me a job, and my gf left me.

You can trust people in the Military, outiside no one has your back and no one is worthy of trust.

It's kind of sad, but whatever, i smashed his car up so fuck him.
>>
File: 1206119187798.jpg (64 KB, 950x528) Image search: [Google]
1206119187798.jpg
64 KB, 950x528
>>24763322
France has the second most powerful military in Europe.
>>
>>24763355
They clutch that white flag pretty tightly though.
>>
glad i have to pay 9001 trillion in taxes so i can pay for rednecks to have "experiences" ie murdering children unfortunate enough to be born in another country
>>
>>24763296
Even if I wanted to fight for a nation of anti whites, the selection process for the legion is beyond brutal and I'd never make it.
>>
>>24763355
Not exactly the highest standard there
>>
>>24763378
I used to watch drone strikes in Afghanistan, and i can tell you we do not kill children.

All targets are positively identified before any bombs are dropped and if any civilians are near by it will be called off.

Where is your god now?
>>
Shit man, my best friend left to the French Foreign Legion 14 days ago, so it is clear that he is staying there for good.

I want to go too, as we agreed, but my teeth got fucked up, so I can't. It sucks really, really bad without a best bro.
>>
>>24763471
Where are you from?

Why did he join?
>>
>>24763355
Sorry to burst your bubble m8 but France is completely irrelevant on an international level. It follows whatever the US and Saudi Arabia do without asking any questions, and the military budget, although it's been increased a few days ago, is ridiculous and hadn't even seen a substantial increase since de Gaulle.

France has no truly relevant special operations forces, and the lack of sufficient funding makes it impossible for the country to have efficient counter terrorism and security agencies (compare the amount of such agencies in the US and their budget to the measly funding the DGSE receives)

France is a small country with a small military, and it's not truly relevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
Kill yourselves, child murderers
>>
>>24763378
You have to be a huge faggot to believe that.
When the military bombs ANYTHING they make sure they positively ID the location as an enemy occupied one.
Mistakes where civilians get killed are rare but get tons of attention

Because the US military only exists for getting oil for the government right? baka
>>
>>24763489
I won't tell you where are I am from, sorry anon.

He always wanted to go. Otherwise to get the experience, overcome himself, be part of something bigger (grand traditions of the FFL) and run away from doing 8 hours work, 8 hours free time, 8 hours sleep stuff. I've got same motivation. Also some issues in the current life.
>>
>>24763511
People like you have no idea how the military runs. You only believe what the media tells you.

>child murderers

>sociopaths

>oil seekers

>rapists

Reevaluate your opinions familama
>>
>>24763633
Only the US military since any retard can sign up
>>
>>24763204
>forced into service
>somehow thinks this equates an actual military experience
>wonders why none of his fellow cannon fodder hang out anymore
Ha ha
>>
File: 1240276504816.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1240276504816.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>24763661
>any retard can sign up
Only during surges. They get far more selective during "peace" times.
>>
>>24762853
>>24762962
bump

this comment is totally original fuck you
>>
I wish I was born in the 70s and shipped off to 'nam
>>
>>24762981
>Cigarettes
>Not even once
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.