[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw roommate and his friend don't think I understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 1412018674903.jpg (64 KB, 620x632) Image search: [Google]
1412018674903.jpg
64 KB, 620x632
>tfw roommate and his friend don't think I understand Russian
>tfw I understand Russian
>tfw they're talking shit about me five feet away from me
>>
talk shit back in russian

would be hilarious
>>
>>24761781
what did they say to you anon :^(
>>
tell them to pashol na huy and post reaction :--DDDD
>>
Call them faschistky sooky
>>
>>24761825
I can't really speak Russian very well, so I wouldn't be able to say much.
But I think it's handy to have people expressing their true judgements right in front of me. Lets me know what they're thinking.

>>24761878
They said nothing to me, but lots about me.
Basically that I spend most of my time on the computer. The friend was saying that I have no friends, and my roommate was telling her that I'm always hanging out with plenty of people at school. The friend then said something I didn't completely get. Something about me behaving in some way that makes her uncomfortable.

Then she told my roommate that I confessed a bunch of secrets to her while I was drunk a few months ago, which is true. She refused to tell him exactly what I said, which is nice. Although she'll probably spill the beans sometime within the next few months.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 150x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 150x184
>>24761781
>half black and Mexican
>father was extreme congoid so I look more black than anything
>understand Spanish
>hear Mexicans talking shit about me in Spanish
>mfw they don't realize I'm a fellow beaner in disguise
>>
File: 1401267255556.jpg (8 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1401267255556.jpg
8 KB, 193x200
>go to korea
>speak shit korean so dont attempt it
>wave hands to indicate im not korean
>can still understand it
>mfw hear them talk shit

Bouta go off desu
>>
>>24762005
What kind of secrets?
>>
>>24762110
A whole bunch of shit I never should have told her, but we were shitfaced.
I told her about my terrible childhood, my anxiety disorder and my old history of drug abuse to compensate for it. Worst of all, I told her about my botched circumcision and how its fucked up my sex life.
>>
>>24762185
If you catch her spilling the beans when she is talking to the other person, you should call her out right then and there.
>>
>>24762011
I work with a guy like you.
He openly speaks spanish though
>>
>be white
>speak spanish
>am around mexcian/spanish speaking people every day
>haven't heard someone talking shit in my presence since jr high

disappointing
>>
>>24762208
I'm only going to be here for 2 more weeks, so it doesn't even really matter.
Just makes me wonder what else people say about me behind my back.
>>
>>24762185
what happened to your penis?
>>
>>24762248
Well OP, when you finally leave you should at least tell them you understood their Russian the whole time. Put it in perspective for them.
>>
File: 1425839048555.jpg (72 KB, 278x346) Image search: [Google]
1425839048555.jpg
72 KB, 278x346
>Know ASL
>Don't speak much because of Aspergers
>People assume I am Deaf
>50% of time they talk shit about me
>Other 50% of the time they talk shit about Deaf people

Normies be bigoted as fuck.
>>
>>24762263
The doctor fucked up the circumcision procedure when I was a baby. They had to graft skin onto my penis as a result, and I now have hardly any sensation in my penis. Can't have sex with a condom as a result.

>>24762293
I doubt I'll be able to do that without making myself looking like a fucking retard. My anxiety is manageable for most of the year, but it becomes completely unbearable during the winter. I feel like I'm constantly on the brink of a panic attack. Even when I experience relief, I'm too mentally exhausted to want to do anything.
>>
>>24762379
I feel you on the anxiety side OP. Life is getting really hard right now, had an attack the other day. But hell, if we made it this long, why not go farther?
>>
>>24762220
I speak Spanish openly too. The Mexicans that know me don't do this, just strangers who don't know me.
>>
CYKA BLYAT
CYKA BLYAT
CYKA BLYAT
CYKA BLYAT
>>
Can someone explain gossip and shit-talking?

I think its disgusting traits and never talk behind someones back. I get a mental images of women whispering about people, it's pretty feminine behavior.
>>
>>24762240
you have to know a rare language, like 30% of the US is hispanic
>>
>>24762459
It's very common in eastern europe. People really don't mind their own bussiness here, they want to know everything. Especially in the villages(smaller towns).
>>
>>24762417
At the very worst, I'll be better by spring. Then playing the normie game will once again become easy. When I leave, I'll have access to the medications which help me along until then.

It's just sad. I came here with high hopes, thinking I could escape myself. And for a while, I did. But then the anxiety set in once again and now I'm everything that I hate all over again. And judging by the conversation that happened directly beside me, they think I'm just as mentally disabled as I feel.

>>24762459
Cheap social capital tbbqh famiglia. It's also an easy affirmation of self-worth. And you're right about the feminine thing. One of them is a girl, and I'm 90% sure the other one is gay.
>>
>>24762459
It is pretty feminine behavior, at least the way most people do it. Hostile, too. In Eastern Europe, privacy isn't respected much, everyone must know about you and everything to it.

I talk behind someone's back if I genuinely worry for them
e.g. "Hey Boris, why does Vlad keep speaking like that? Is he alright? You should send Mark over, maybe he just needs a buddy, the lonely fuck."
>>
>>24762547
OP, anxiety is common. Not as common as the common cold but a lot of people have it to varying degrees over certain things. OP you are not crazy. Take me for instance, I am a giant hypochondriac who feels he has had terminal cancer for years in different spots and I have felt that the end is just around the corner. I have been in a existential crisis for years. But I know that my mind is messing with me and either therapy or medication will help. You are not crazy OP. You have a common thing afflicting you. Don't let those slavs keep you down. Seriously OP, you are worth more than that.
>>
>>24761781
>mom takes me to get a pedicure/manicure with her
>they constantly speak to each other in vietnamese
>worry that they're saying my feet are ugly
>girl doing my nails keeps saying 'you want to get your eyebrows done?" until i get so self conscious i agree
not understanding other languages is awful :-( i just assume everyones always talking shit about me
>>
>>24762633
Thank you, anon. I know that I'm worth more than that. I used to have terrible self-esteem, but I now how tons of valuable professional connections and a fantastic career ahead of me. At this point, the unbearable seasonal anxiety is just a nuisance. I know there's a valuable human being behind it, but I'm completely irretrievable when it strikes. I become a tightly-wound ball of profound discomfort, and I have to shut myself away in order to cope.
The good news is that this run-away has been my most successful yet. Next time I try, I'll be able to do it even better.
Oh and I'm not around any Slavs. I'm currently in a Central Asian country you've likely never heard of.
>>
>>24762545
I heard they don't like small talk tho
>>
>>24762751
My bad, I assumed if they spoke Russian they were slavs. I am glad to hear that it is more of a nuisance now than a life ruiner, OP. What country are you in?
>>
>>24762005
Your roommate actually seems pretty cool. That went much better than expected.

But what country is this? How do you all know Russian and what makes them think that you don't?
>>
>>24762005
That's not really talking shit, that's just talking about you. Nothing to resent them for.
>>
>>24762790
I'm in Kyrgyzstan right now. They speak Russian because it's the primary language here. They don't think I understand it because I only speak a few phrases in front of them. In reality, that's because everyone here speaks English and I don't feel struggling to communicate.

>>24762803
I don't resent them for it. I'm not sure if you've been reading my previous posts, so I'll TL;DR it for you.
>Came here to run away from my anxiety, to carve a new identity for myself
>It actually worked for several months
>People thought I was a normal, interesting, fully-functional human being
>Anxiety kicked in, can't hide it
>Have become slightly reclusive as a result
>Their conversations reflects that they now understand what a goddamn sperglord I am

>>24762787
I hope it's no longer a life ruiner. I'm looking for a permanent solution, but so far haven't had much luck. Used to use lots of illicit drugs, but they obviously only helped temporary and afterwards exacerbated the problem.
>>
>>24762964
Jesus fuck, sorry for all of the typos in this thread. I'm trying to simultaneously type these posts, translate the conversation happening next to me and fight off a panic attack.
>>
where are you from originally?
>>
>>24762964
I'd really suggest going into therapy. Find a nice therapist who wants to help you. It may require trying a few out but when I went my life did a 180 degree turnaround. They try to help you prevent having those thoughts and also help you cope with them in more healthy ways. I am not sure how psychology is over in your country but I am sure there are some good ones over there.

Also it makes sense that they speak Russian now, Kyrgyzstan was a Soviet Bloc country.
>>
>>24762964
I read through the thread and I feel you. I used to have super bad anxiety and hearing someone talking about ne, it didn't even have to be super negative, would send me over the edge. I was really hated myself at the time and I would just blame myself whenever I heard other people talking about me.

I guess what I'm getting at is that everyone has positives and everyone has negatives. And people are going to talk about your negatives no matter how much they respect you. Being polarizing is a good thing.

Anyways I'm kind of just rambling at you. It seems like give figured everything out, your only problem is your anxiety, which is shitty.
>>
>>24763001
I'm originally from the US, but I've lived all over the world.

>>24763044
The problem is, the anxiety doesn't revolve around any thoughts. It's not like a spinning cycle of negative thoughts, like I've heard it described. For me, it's just crippling surges of full-body dysphoria. It feels like every muscle in my body stiffens and starts constricting. Fighting it requires so much energy that I feel exhausted whenever I'm not experiencing an attack.

>>24763106
I understand. And thanks once again. I guess I just needed somewhere to dump my thoughts, concerns and disappointments.
>>
>>24763181
OP it sounds like panic disorder, I am no professional so this is a guess. Regardless, panic disorder is something I have (among others) and therapy really helped me.
>>
>>24763255
I'd give it a try, but I don't have a lot of money. Shrinks are notoriously expensive. When I get back to the states, I'll hopefully be able to make use of my school's psych.

>>24763106
And to touch on this one more time - polarizing would be nice if it was somewhat moderate, but I'm just too much so. When I came here, I was seen as a cute, confident, interesting guy. I had numerous girls who liked me, slept with a few and briefly dated one. Then when winter struck, I became a full-blown autist. Whenever I open my mouth, my words sound shaky and nervous. My actions seem sketchy, and borderline creepy. None of those girls talk to me anymore. I used to be good friends with the girl my roommate was talking to, but she hardly speaks to me anymore. When she entered the room, I said "hi" and she ignored me and immediately started speaking Russian to my roommate.
>>
>>24762005
talk back to them in English like Han Solo does with Chewbacca
>>
>>24763412
I'm really glad to know you will try to get seen by a therapist, OP. I hope it all goes well for you soon. :)
>>
>>24763181
how did you end up in Kyrgyzstan? i'm genuinely interested now.
>>
>>24763463
My school in the states has a study abroad program with the international university in Kyrgyzstan. I'm the only person from my school to come here this semester.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.