[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What age did you grow out of drinking alcohol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 1382939091415.jpg (107 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1382939091415.jpg
107 KB, 800x900
What age did you grow out of drinking alcohol?
>>
>>24759704

Never got into it. I only drink to recognize the flavors and such since I work as a bartender, but I personally hate drinking alcohol recreationally.
>>
>>24759704

This year. It always makes me fucking depressed and it feels like shit when you wake up. Fuck drinking.
>>
>>24759704
I'm 26 now and only drink occasionally. Used to be a nightly drinker, but a 3 month stay at the men's emergency shelter where you need to get breathalyzed nightly made me really curb my habit. I like pain killers now.
>>
When I moved away from degenerate high school buddies.

Now I'm experimenting with home brewed mead to present to guests and as an item of barter.

..Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker..
>>
Never ;_;
I think it's getting worse. I can't keep it in the house because I wind up drinking it all. And when I do drink it I don't feel buzzed like I used to. And I just wake up sad and dehydrated.
>>
>>24759876
Do you call women m'lady and tip your fedora to them too m80?
>>
File: 1388557910724.gif (29 KB, 482x800) Image search: [Google]
1388557910724.gif
29 KB, 482x800
alcohol is great. Its the only thing that makes me feel happy and allows me to laugh around people
>>
>>24759704
>What age did you grow out of
Not even going to read the rest. Maybe you should try "growing out of" shitposting.
>>
Never started =)
>>
Age 22. After two stints in rehab.
>>
I'll never stop drinking beer

but I much prefer weed. It doesn't depress me, it doesn't make me all fucked up, it doesn't fuck with my liver, there's no hangover
>>
>>24759982

I'm sorry that this thread hurt your feelings and that you felt insulted by the suggestion that consuming alcohol is a sign of immaturity (which it is)
>>
I used to really enjoy it, but now I'm on meds which will kill me if I have more than a few drinks.
>>
This year. Got my first grown up job and I have to get up at 5 AM.
>>
21 and then later late into Age 25. And now I gotta make an effort to eat healthy and exercise because my bp is prehypertension
>>
>>24760112
>Sign of immaturity
Uh huh.
>>
Never. I'm always drunk, the one day when I'm around people when I'm drunk I always loose my shit and start talking about depressing stuff.
>>
>>24759943
Nah, bro but I hear your sister likes sweet things IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.
>>
>>24759704
19, same year I grew out of pussy
>>
I stopped when I realized that the hangover wasn't worth it.
>>
>>24759959
I'm the same way, only way I can stand to be around people.
>>
>>24759729
Why the fuck are you a bartender then
>>
>>24760734
Not him, but why do you assume bartenders have to like alcohol? The job does not include drinking it at all.
>>
>>24760734
You'd be surprised at how little many bartenders drink
>>
>>24760742
But you are surrounded constantly by something you dont like to do, why are you even doing it? It isnt as though its some exclusive job either, anyone can be one.
>>
>>24760734
Considering their job is pretty much "don't drink while everyone else does", I imagine that not being a heavy drinker is an advantage in the field.

>>24759876
>mead
lmao you for real neckbeard?
>>
>>24760851
It is delicious, goes down like water.. And guess what? NO ESTROGEN.

B
T
F
O
>>
>>24761084
I just drink Everclear mixed with ice water anyway.
>>
File: 1432586353310.png (413 KB, 4344x5000) Image search: [Google]
1432586353310.png
413 KB, 4344x5000
Never. I need to stop.
>>
Never stopped, just started to drink alone instead of with people [/spoiler]because I have no friends[/spoiler]. Drink 3-6 times a week now, spend more on alcohol than on food
>>
File: 1428539482055.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1428539482055.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
Almost 23

>spend most of the summer in NEET mode getting shitfaced
>send messages to people on normiebook while absolutely gone
>parents have to help me to my room on some nights because i keep getting trashed
>life is going absolutely nowhere
>delete normiebook and quit binge drinking
>slowly pulling myself together but not as fast as i would like to be

I'm getting too old for this shit.
>>
Well, back in late 2013 to mid 2014 I drank very little just because I was on so much medication. So at around 24 is where my drinking plummeted, and I never got back into it that much. I'm currently pregnant now so no alcohol :3
>>
These days my body can't handle the abuse of heavy drinking like it had in the past.
>>
>>24759704
>What age did you grow out of drinking alcohol?
15, when i left my mums house
>tfw my alcoholic mother used to force me to drink cider/vodka until i was sick because i annoyed her
>>
>>24761453
>I'm currently pregnant now so no alcohol :3
gratz, how far along are you?
>>
File: whatmakesmechill.jpg (39 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
whatmakesmechill.jpg
39 KB, 500x311
My family always hated it when i drank except for my dad. He was always into drinking together.

Then i understood why they hated it when he came home drunk and attacked my mom and punched holes into walls. I don't drink anymore. Alcohol just reminds me of that time.
>>
Why would I 'grow out' of the one thing that makes my life bearable?
>>
>>24759704
I'm 20 years old and i've never drinked beer/wine. Don't see any reason to.
>>
>>24760180

This. By the time I graduated high school, drinking wasn't as fun anymore. Now, I'll have a chalice of red wine with dinner for its health benefits every once in a while.
>>
18 2bh, being drunk is a terrible experience and alcoholic drinks taste like ass
>>
>>24759704
I only drank alcohol for a few months before I moved onto weed. Weed is better in every way.
>dude weed lmao
>>
Never got into it. Tastes like shit and there are so many better drugs imho. If I'm gonna be a NEET, might as well enjoy the perks of degeneracy
>>
I was 19-20. I only drank a handful of times and got drunk maybe 3 times. Then I had stomach surgery and can't drink, not that I want to. It's not fun and tastes horrible.
>>
26 I guess. I still drink bourbon to help sleep or have beer with food, but binge drinking really lost its charm. Even though it lost its magic I'd probably still be doing it if not for discovering dxm and dph. Dxm is better than everything. The nausea can be rough but everything else is perfect, it's like living in the comfiest dream on lower doses, and it's hard to describe higher doses but it's really good. I just hate I have to take so much and wait for it to kick in. Mxe is good too, especially since it's so potent you only need 40 or 50mg, and it peaks in minutes up the butt. It just doesn't have the same magic as dxm though.
>>
>>24759704
>tfw got into dad's rum

Holy shit that stuff will fuck you up real quick

Rum is so sweet and goes down so fast you don't realize how drunk you're getting
>>
I will always be an alcoholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXgIxHpoxA
>>
>>24759704
>>24759754
>>24759983
>>24761783
>>24762491
This is why you are boring virgins and will never have any friends
>>
>>24763879
>Hang out with friends on Friday night
>Play cards, talk, joke, laugh
>The guy who brought alcohol is just sitting on the sofa, too drunk to keep up with the conversation.
>The next day he's too hungover to play football with us

Depends on who you hang out with.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.