[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /NBA/ here? feelsgoodman. first game of the day is on at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: basketball pepe.png (398 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
basketball pepe.png
398 KB, 499x499
who /NBA/ here?

feelsgoodman. first game of the day is on at 1:00 PM Eastern, 76ers vs Nuggets
>>
>>24759570
Please stop this nonsense OP. We are not savage blacks, just lonely whites. We are not entertained by a bouncing ball and frankly I'm insulted that you would think so.
>>
File: basketball.jpg (148 KB, 288x385) Image search: [Google]
basketball.jpg
148 KB, 288x385
>>24759626
Basketball is god tier tho
>>
>>24759692
You must have a shitty standard for God
>>
>>24759570
Warriors @ Toronto Craptors 2:00 Pacific.
Come see Manlet Curry get stretchedfags mad as fuck with his silky shooting stroke as the Dubs go to 21-0
>>
I saw Kobe in Philly last week, I really thought he was gonna go for 101 points after he had 9 in 1 minute and a half. It's a shame how far he's fallen
>>
>tfw Sacramento kings fan

life is suffering
>>
>>24759820
You mean watch as the Raptors with black belt James Johnson give Curry a virtual Roundhouse Kick to his throat, breaking the Warrior's winning streak in a decisive homecourt victory.
>>
It gets old quick.

I get free fries at mcdonalds when the Nets win so there's that.
>>
>>24760096
Lmao same. Like my life, so close of doing it then years and years of total numbness.
Though I watched every Mavs game in 2011 playoffs and seeing Stojakovic contributing was great.
>>
>>24760436
I hope you don't rely on that, otherwise you'll starve this season.
>>
I don't understand sports. Whats the entertainment value? It's like watching a tv show, only without drama, plot, characters, humour, anything. You literally lay down 2 hours of your time to see grown men throw/kick a ball around. Whyyyyyyyy
>>
>>24760568
I don't even watch games, just read a lot of stats and watch highlights. I don't know why I do that.
>>
File: image.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
49 KB, 69x120
go spurs go :DDDD
>>
Thanks for the heads up on the early game!
>>
>>24759626
Autists love basketball stats.
I didn't find happiness until I found basketball
>>
File: The Summer of Shitposting.jpg (320 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
The Summer of Shitposting.jpg
320 KB, 1366x768
>>24760686
Milanafag is that you?

you know robots we have an /nba/ general over on >>>/sp/ and its dead af right now come thru were all autistic we wont bully u
>>
>>24759570
>tfw you love basketball but no good site to watch nba live
Any recommandations ?
>>
>>24759570
>1:00 PM Eastern, 76ers vs Nuggets
why would i watch this shit game?
dubs-raptors
cavs-heat
>>
>>24760191
this
(original comment, do not steal)
>>
>>24762391
Please I beg of you, let go of this meme
>>
>tfw dedicate so much time to following basketball and playing nba2k that could be used to better myself
how do i break this curse?

>>24763474
r/nbastreams
>>
>>24760684
if you're good with stats play draft kings
>>
NeetBA
>>
>you'll never play in the NBA
>>
>>24760096
just give up and join the warriors bandwagon, thats what everyone else is doing
>>
>>24763575
Thanks a lot watching nuggets vs 76, end of third quarter
>mfw only 5'10
Any hope that someone of this height can make it in NBA ?
>>
File: 1390955031587.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1390955031587.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>mfw the Hornets are decent this year
>>
>>24763876
Yeah, Earl Boykins was 5'5, Allen Iverson 5'11, Muggsy Bogues 5'3, Spud Webb 5'7, Nate Robinson 5'8, JJ Barea 5'10

But more likely than not you're too old to develop the skills needed to play at that level
>>
>>24763945
Isaiah Thomas is 5'9 and the starting point guard for the Celtics right now
>>
>>24763945
19, but I assume they started at 10 or something like that
I blame my shit country where the only sport played is football and everything else barely exists
>>
>>24763545

Different guy here. It's not a meme, sports stats are literally what I spend my time doing.

If I am not a robot for liking it despite having no friends/gf/social life, then this place can get fucked.

I'm not here to rub one out over Taiwanese preteen caricatures
>>
>>24763545
Not meming. Seriously, looking at stats and collecting them made me much happier. I got my life on track after finding a hobby.
>>
>>24764016
Most of them started at like three or four years old, now Tim Duncan started at 16 and Dennis Rodman didn't grow to 6'7 till 20 and did not play for his high school team

I say give it a shot and honestly roid to give yourself a leg up on the competition. Seth Curry and Jeremy Lin both now play in the NBA, Seth I believe starts, after having spent time in the D-league
>>
>>24763876
Calvin Murphy is a 5'9 hall of fame guard who used to play for the Rockets, I'd love to see a little dude crashing the boards to be fair
>>
>>24764087

How into it are you? This is rare af to see on here and I am intrigued given I am the same way.
>>
>>24764195
I'm in school now, but I have my own 8 man fantasy league which are all me, and I try to have each team do the best. I do a lot of deep dives into nba analytics and fantasy strategy.
>>
>>24760686

Celtics by 20
>>
>>24759570
76'ers vs. The Tendies
>>
>>24764137
>>24764091
Not sure about the roids, but hopefully, one day
>>
>>24764266

Tons of things to look at so it doesn't just start and stop here, but, are you familiar with this site? The best, if not one of the best off the top of my head.

Tons of brilliant minds I found from Twitter, although people are averse to going there.
>>
File: NC_Header.jpg (91 KB, 980x229) Image search: [Google]
NC_Header.jpg
91 KB, 980x229
>>24764358

forgot the pic. here you go. blox
>>
>>24764358
I've heard of it. I will check it out some more. Thank you friend.

Who are your favorite writers?
>>
>>24764478
I usually just casually observe Twitter conovs they have and haven't really bothered reading stuff in months (too lazy to even get more informed at things I LIKE), but I have a general idea of some good people.

Seth Partnow is a must. Good stats guy but what sets him apart imo is his ability to bridge the gap between traditional guys and stats guys. He "gets it" in terms of needing context to apply to statistics.

Other stats guys include (looking at my follows):
-Kevin Pelton of ESPN
-John Schuhmann on NBA.com (general stats)
-EvanZ (@thecity2), great site for lineup data (NBAwowy)
-Layne Vashro, the top guy for statistical draft models, has some other cool things too although they're all down
-Krishna Narsu of Vantage Sports and Kevin Ferrigan, both soon to be part of Mavs analytics team but smart guys
-Daniel Myers who developed BPM, a box-score based RAPM-estimator
-Jeremias Engelmann, creator of RPM/RPM, derivative of RAPM
-Kirk Goldsberry
-Justin W (@AcrossTheCourt)
-Dan Dickey (another draft guy)
-William Guo
-@talkingpractice
-nick restifo
-Cameron Purn
-Steve Shea

Do NOT follow Dave Berri or any of the Wages of Wins guys though, they are to basketball stats what fedora tipping psuedointellectuals are to atheists.

Not necessarily stats, but, Zach Lowe is fucking excellent of course, although faggot ass ESPN cut funds for Grantland so we can watch Stephen A and Skip pretend to be informed. Bballbreakdown is incredibly resourceful, check out their site as well.

Lots, lots more for general basketball stuff but I could go on forever
>>
>>24764761
I am pretty sad that grantland died. But thank you.
>>
>>24764879

also http://nbasavant.com/ if you ever want to look at stuff on your own like shots with x amount of details such as being THIS amount of feet open and etc
>>
>>24759570
>watching lanky niggers chasing a ball around a court

Why?
>>
>>24765042
>stop liking what I don't like
It's the same as any hobby. It brings you joy. I enjoy watching animated Japanese cartoons, shitposting on image boards, and watching 5 men trying to put a ball into a basket while 5 other men are trying to stop them.
>>
>>24765101
>watching 5 men trying to put a ball into a basket while 5 other men are trying to stop them

Literally pointless.
>>
>>24765152

Life is pointless. What the fuck is your point?
>>
>>24765152
What hobbies do you have that have so much of a point?
>>
>>24759570
fuck off back to /sp/ nigger
>>
>>24765267
>What hobbies do you have that have so much of a point?

I've practiced Muay Thai for six years. Useful skill for self-defense and have used it on two occasions. Again, watching other people play with a ball is beyond pointless - it's not even a hobby if you're not doing it yourself; if you are doing it yourself it is a pointless hobby.
>>
>>24765560
Is watching film a hobby? Is playing games a hobby?
>>
>>24765560
>doing it yourself still makes it pointless
I guess exercise is pointless
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.