[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate drinks about one of these a day consistently. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15
File: image001[1].gif (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image001[1].gif
22 KB, 300x300
My roommate drinks about one of these a day consistently. Just wondering how unhealthy this is
>>
How long has he been doing it for? These can ruin your stomach lining pretty bad.
>>
Probably about as healthy as drinking the same amount of soda. Caffeine is pretty harmless as long as you don't have heart problems. American media only freaks out about this stuff because their viewership is neurotic about health and safety.
>>
>>24759383
Not unhealthy at all. One 0.5l can a day won't do shit to your health. Sitting for a couple hours is probably unhealthier than a can of monster a day.
>>
>>24759383
energy drinks are the epitome of white trash. using methamphetamine and living in a trailer park is less trashy than drinking energy drinks.
>>
>>24759383
http://www.caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine
>>
>>24759383
my boyfriend did that for ~1 year and then passed 8 kidney stones in the span of a few months.
>>
>>24759383
So long as he drinks a lot of water throughout the day, he should be fine.
>>
These are basically the equivalent of two cans of soda, they're not bad for you at all unless you're already obese. Then just get the no carb variety. It's like 150mg caffeine and some b vitamins... Don't know why you dumb fags think it's bad for you.
>>
>>24760148

Phosphoric acid, Coca-Cola is even worse. Of course both are harmless if you drink enough through the day.
>>
>>24759383
1 a day has slightly over one cup of coffee's worth of caffeine and is probably as unhealthy as soda in terms of sugar. The low carb ones are pretty nice.
>>
>>24759383
>muh health living
Fuck off, normie Not everybody has such a privileged life that they want to live forever.
>>
I love Nos energy drinks, the sugar free ones at least because my /fit/ autism keeps me from drinking anything with Calories besides milk and protein shakes. I keep meaning to make my own ultra premium version. I want it to be clear like sprite and have the bitter orange taste of nos but with grapefruit added for more bitterness and citrus goodness . I will bottle in a Belgian beer bottles with the little cork and I've been playing with a few label designs. I'd like ceramic bottles if I were going commercial but I can't find them for sale in small amounts of one or two hundred.

Nos is fucking expensive though so I just take a 200mg caffeine pill. Even if I add 1g oxiracetam to it mine will be cheaper than nos.
>>
There's allot of sugar in it and if it's not sugar its replaced by something that messes with your insulin.

Caffeine is harmless unless you drink like 50 of those cans.
>>
I like burn original more
>>
File: 1423485181433.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1423485181433.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>mfw all the dumb Amerilards ITT saying drinking your full daily amount of sugar at once is perfectly fine.
>>
>>24760743
Nos is cheaper at my wal mart. Venom is the cheapest energy drink I can find, which is 99cents. I can't find other drinks that are cheaply priced. I haven't checked any dollar stores for Rip Its yet, but I doubt they have them.
>>
>>24760790
it's like they don't even realise that they're literally poisoning themselves.

A Monster Energy Drink has 54 grams of sugar, which is equal to 13.5 teaspoons!
>>
>>24760880
Yep essentially, drinking a few beers every night is probably healthier than drinking this shit.
>Muh Caffine
>Muh energy
all these shitty drinks do is make me need a shit and feel lethargic, you can tell just by how they make you feel that they're bad for you.
>>
File: czw810.png (104 KB, 420x440) Image search: [Google]
czw810.png
104 KB, 420x440
>>24759383
i drink one of these a day

way better then green
>>
>>24760760
Bullshit, if you drink like 3 or 4 of those things, you'll fuck yourself up.
>>
>>24760547
>drinking two cans of soda a day isn't bad

this is what amerilards actually belive, that is poison
>>
>>24761043
Yeah but the caffeine isn't bad for you.
>>
File: venom-mojave-rattler.jpg (83 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
venom-mojave-rattler.jpg
83 KB, 540x960
I drink one of these a day, on some days that is. Ironically I will occasionally follow it up a few hours later with a can of beer to wind down.

Besides caffeine it also has one of those artificial sugars in it which are supposed to be worse for you than sugar itself. Maybe the less factory foods one eats and drinks the better.
>>
>>24759383
I've been drinking one daily for about 2 years.
I'm still alive, dunno if that helps.
>>
>>24760947
If caffine makes you feel shitty and lethargic you probably have some kind of heart problem bro
>>
These things don't work on me, so they're just $10 cans of soft drink.

I had some proper red bull from thailand too, didn't even buzz me.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (28 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
28 KB, 540x540
I drink two of these a day. I'm pretty slim and sorta tall. I'm guessing my health isn't that impacted because I've been like it for years.
>>
>>24760826

I see nos 2 for $3 at Kroger. Even $1 is pretty expensive though. I get crystal light when it's on sale though, so that's what I'm comparing it to ounce for ounce.
>>
I only drink that shit when i cant sleep but still have to go to class.
>>
my brother drinks that garbage

the smell of that shit is repulsive, i can smell that sicky sweet gross trash from 20 feet away, smells like someone ate sweet and sour chinese chicken and threw it up
>>
>>24760880

So get the diet version, every brand makes a sugar free one. Sucralose does not cause any insulin response. Perfect for people who are doing intermittent fasting.

>>24760947

How something makes you feel isn't a good metric for how healthy something is. Look at krokodil. Energy drinks are harmless. It's water, sweet, sour, essential oils, and caffeine. You'll have the same problems if you consume excess coffee or tea as well. It's as easy as not being retarded. Know how much caffeine you can handle and don't exceed it. I try not to exceed 600mg in 12 hours and 800mg in 24. I have tolerance though. I think 400mg in 24 hours is the number for peopeople who don't know their limits.
>>
>>24761045

Water is poison too by your logic.

Yum yum americum
>>
>>24759383
i drink 1 of these and a 1.5l bottle of coca-cola everyday, how long do i have left?
>>
I drink 6-8 cans of soda a day and even I wont touch that sludge
>>
>>24761380

How old are you? I'm guessing early 20s and male. Average life expectancy is 74, but with advances in medicine I wouldn't be surprised if today's 20-somethings lived to see an extra decade at least. Caffeine and alcohol aren't so bad for you. Nicotine is fine too, but try to avoid smoking since it has a lot of health issues related to it. Heart problems is the big killer so work on that and beating average should be trivial. It's artificially low by all the fatasses and smokers.
>>
File: 1328626259199.png (13 KB, 264x233) Image search: [Google]
1328626259199.png
13 KB, 264x233
>Splenda is found in tens of thousands of processed food products sold in 90 different countries, many of which are specifically marketed to those seeking to either lose weight or manage their diabetes.

>Mounting research, however, shows that not only does it tend to worsen both of those problems, but it's also associated with an array of other troublesome side effects.

>The Web site www.TruthAboutSplenda.com lists a variety of consumer complaints from Splenda consumption, many of which mimic other health conditions. Some of the most commonly reported adverse effects include:

>Gastrointestinal problems
>Seizures, dizziness, and migraines
>Blurred vision
>Allergic reactions
>Blood sugar increases and weight gain

>But that's not all. Now, an in-depth scientific review1, 2 of sucralose published in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health3 reveals an extensive list of safety concerns, including toxicity, DNA damage, and heightened carcinogenic potential when used in cooking.
>>
>>24761404

You realize there is no difference between energy drinks and soda right? It's all marketing. Sweetened water with caffeine and bubbles. What did you think they were?
>>
>>24761434
am i the only person that struggles to understand peoples obsession with living forever, if i make it to 60 im happy. thats a good length of life.
>>
>>24761451
>TruthAboutSplenda.com

Credible citation senpai
>>
>>24761476
Yup, to me it's just a different form of soda. I drink it for the taste, not to feel more "energetic".
>>
File: 2015-12-05-12-49-33-1674218208.jpg (10 KB, 172x256) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-05-12-49-33-1674218208.jpg
10 KB, 172x256
I hate sugary energy drinks. Drink 5 hour energies if you have to. At least you won't be chugging sugar
>>
>>24761451

Wow that sounds bad as bad as msg which is bad. I'm sensitive and allergic to msg that is bad. Check out http://www.msgisbad.com/ for more information.
>>
>>24759383
Yup energy drinks fuck you up
Does he have acne? Or kidney stones?
>>
>>24761496

http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Deception-Splenda-NutraSweet-Hazardous/dp/078529693X

>>24761523

I'm not allergic to MSG so don't care. But what bothers me is the blurred vision that Splenda brings on. It's like there's cumulative effects we're not made aware of.
>>
>>24761045
I run 10 miles per day, lift 5 days a week in the gym, and have an extremely low body fat percentage. Honestly I struggle to eat enough to sustain my body building efforts. I aim for 200 grams of carbs per day, but rarely hit it, so soda isn't bad for me when I drink it. Do you exercise or is shit posting the extent of your daily activity you fat disgusting fuck.
>>
>>24761811
>Joseph Mercola

That guy is a fucking quack. He also beleives the Swine Flu was "no more harmful" than regular flu even though it killed a statistically significant % more people
>>
File: 1444920595762.png (350 KB, 439x585) Image search: [Google]
1444920595762.png
350 KB, 439x585
I drink the zero cal version of these once a day almost everyday and Ive seen zero effects. I'm skinny and never had stomach problems or kidney stones. the only problem is that I dont even feel the buzz anymore.
>>
>>24761935
>I run 10 miles per day, lift 5 days a week in the gym

aka overtraining
>>
>>24762318

I lifted 5 days a week and ran 3 miles a day for a while. Overtraining is mostly a meme unless you're Olympic tier training for 6+ hours a day. I did one of the big four lifts plus some db work for fun, then calisthenics and babby weights the 5th. I'm too busy with school shit lately so I just half ass the compounds one day then run a 5k on the weekends. My body has gone to shit singe then. Overtraining my ass, I'm severely undertraining now.
>>
>>24759383

just one can is not particularly unhealthy. the amount of caffeine is about the same as a couple cups of coffee, and the rest of it is basically like drinking a couple sodas.

as long as it's not the ONLY thing you drink that day, you'll be fine.
>>
>>24762420

>be you
>overtrain
>be tired all the time because you don't give your body time to recover
>drink multiple cans of soda a day because "muh carbs"
>"i need energy drinks to hit my calorie macros, not because i'm exhausted from overtraining"
>>
>>24762004

Yeah so maybe he was right, do you or he have stats to back yourselves up? The swine flu I also remember had some controversy attached to it, like it was some kind of hoax.
>>
>>24759383
Energy drinks generally have high levels of B vitamins and increase your heart rate, which leads to improved cardiovascular function.

They are actually very healthy for you and also give you the energy you need to grow muscles and increase height.
>>
File: Fresh_ayran.jpg (305 KB, 450x607) Image search: [Google]
Fresh_ayran.jpg
305 KB, 450x607
I just made myself a yogurt drink, mixed it up with some extra butter to give me more energy through fat rather than carbs I was keeling over an hour ago, almost ready to crash and though I'd have this before bed and suddenly, woosh! I got all this energy that I don't get with caffeine? Pic very related, minus the three tablespoons of butter I tossed in.
>>
>>24762492

Did you click the wrong post? I said I don't overtrain, and I never said anything about drinking energy drinks. I'm a poor fag who can't afford energy drinks. My money goes to milk and brotein. Milk and oats is a better way of carbloading anyway. Maybe pasta with lunch, I try to avoid simple carbs because muh insulin spikes. I don't want to get fat.
>>
>>24762611
you drink butter you fat cunt?
>>
>>24762573

It's caffeine that increases heart rate. B vitamins are water soluble. Deficiencies are rare and Pou just piss any excess out. And energy is energy. There's nothing special about the calories from red bull vs maple syrup or a banana. Height is true though. Which is funny because they put energy drinks too high for manlets to reach.
>>
>>24762611

I've seen that bulletproof coffee but always figured it was placebo bullshit. Isn't all that fat gross? I imagine it would be hard to drink.
>>
File: AMP_original.jpg (16 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
AMP_original.jpg
16 KB, 350x350
>>24760743
Nos tastes terrible man.

I've been through a lot of energy drinks in the past 8 years or so. Because lack of money I usually have at least one a week. If I'm lucky and there's a sale I'll stock up a bit.

I got tired of the original green Monster because I drank that shit all the time and it was actually making me sleepy at one point. I tried a ton of others trying to find my new main drink. Finally found Full Throttle and that lasted me for a long time. Then I got tired of that and now moved to pic related. I realize even it's getting old real quick so I gotta find something else.
>>
File: Monster-Cuba-Lima.png (345 KB, 446x863) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Cuba-Lima.png
345 KB, 446x863
The only monster I ever drink. Doesn't taste like shit like the rest of the monster drinks.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 670x447
>>24762674

I just popped some mashed up butter into the yogurt drink. It's in creamy lumps and floats to the top.

>>24762756

Yeah I do feel a little heavy, done about maybe one tablespoon of the butter but the rest of the drink spreads that fat out(even though the yogurt is made from full fat milk).

The nice thing about fermented milk is that all the sugar is gone so there's no insulin rushes, it's pure fat and protein as far as calories are concerned and a few other nutrients. Probably beats those B vitamin energy drinks because there's no dubious junk food and plenty of natural nutrients.

And milk naturally does have butter in it already, it's called creame lel
>>
File: 847e7811859469.56253951846a7.jpg (39 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
847e7811859469.56253951846a7.jpg
39 KB, 411x600
Fuck your shitty Monster
>>
>>24762815

I like nos because it's so unique. Most have that gross guarana cheap bubble gum taste I hate. Rockstar silver flavor is ok. I really like the bitter citrus taste though. I was thinking of boiling grapefruit rinds, adding a little orange and grapefruit essential oil, citric acid, and sucralose. I don't even know where to begin with amounts though which is why I've been putting it off. I also have some spirit infusions on the background. A tequila hibiscus infusion sounds like it could be fun.
>>
>>24759383
I am 30 and have been drinking energy drinks practically everyday since I was about 13.

Monster isn't really my favorite brand/taste, but it's usually on sale.

Bawls Guarana > Thai Red Bull > Red Bull > Amp > Nos > Monster > most other off-brand energy drinks.

Although my all-time favorite was Sobe No Fear from around 2003-2004.
>>
>>24762917
oh and also for a little while I was drinking 3-4 energy drinks a day, with coffee, and caffeine pills. Had caffeine poisoning a couple of times but never died or anything.

now I'm down to like 4 a week at most
>>
File: hannibalburresscookiesuit.jpg (156 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
hannibalburresscookiesuit.jpg
156 KB, 640x1136
>>24760148
Is his name Dan?
>>
File: 1445750539270.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445750539270.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
who /rareenergydrinks/ here?
I've had Venom, Spider, Bacchus, Vegas Fuel, Blue Energy, Rip It, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. My absolute favorite is still Monster Extra Strengths, sadly I was NEET when they were released and they're harder to find now, the blue is the best flavor.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.