[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you been to the psych ward? im thinking about going again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1
File: 20140924_232651.jpg (2 MB, 2938x2204) Image search: [Google]
20140924_232651.jpg
2 MB, 2938x2204
have you been to the psych ward?

im thinking about going again next month
>>
>>24753262
no one ever has
>>
>>24753409
no one cares general
>>
Yeah it was boring and there were no manic depressive qts like those indie movies would like you to believe.

At least half were just hobos looking for 3 hots and a cot.
>>
I know that feel
watch the snow
>>
>>24753262
Almost ended up in about a month back after I went to the ER after a particularly bad self-harm incident.

Luckily I was able to get out of it because I was being cooperative and while I was and still am suicidal suicidal, I didn't have immediate intent to kill myself.

Still spent 4 hours under suicide watch though.
>>
Whats AA?

And what do you have to do to end up here against your will?

If I ran away from home and my parents called the cops could they stick me here, I am 19
>>
>>24753710
>there were no manic depressive qts like those indie movies would like you to believe.

There was one when I went. Too bad I'm gay so that was a wasted plot line.
>>
>>24754240
AA = Alcoholics Anonymous

This looks like it's for a detox center specifically for alcoholics.

My dad recently went to detox and had almost exactly the same schedule as that.
>>
>>24754275
they stick the drug users and the crazys in the same ward in Kentucky

AA was optional I never went because I dont drink
>>
>>24753262
I had an episode of psychosis about half a year ago (because of the garbage antidepressants a psychiatrist recommended) and ended up in the Inpatient Psych Unit. It's boring as fuck. You all use the same shower. No phones, no razors to shave, absolutely nothing to do besides work out, draw, and play music.
It's an extremely tense environment even if nothing is going on. You can practically feel the anger, confusion, and paranoia from everyone around you. Almost any and all valuables/money will get stolen if you don't lock them up. There's lots of arguments, and generally bizarre shit going. One woman who was at least 80 years old would start screaming at the top of her lungs for hours daily in one of the "treatment rooms", which is basically where you go if you're acting up. They have Plexiglas windows, padded edges, a mattress, and a security blanket.
There are some cool people in there from time to time working through their own shit, some really based people, but everyone is going through some sort of psychosis or dementia.
To give you an idea of the types of people there, there was
>schizophrenic lady who believed she could heal people through faith, thought I was the Buddha
>gigantic bipolar hambeast that would hit herself every 1-5 minutes
>Old lady who screamed all the time
>Old man who had no concept of where he was or who he was
>Another old man who was the same, but didn't eat anything except jello
>Girl who always wore sunglasses, laughed at nothing all the time
>Completely manic kid who would run everywhere and laugh at everything
>Based woman in her 30s who I befriended, was self admitted for a nervous breakdown
>Female Mick Jagger who kept talking to herself, thought I was French because I didn't say anything to her
>Butch libertarian woman, psychotic, extreme narcissism
>Extremely anorexic narcissist guy who stalked everyone on facebook, got his internet privileges taken away
>Schizophrenic crocodile dundee
10/10 would not go back
>>
just left a couple days ago, first time, was kept for 8 days

food sucked, had no appetite anyway, bed sucked. everything was too loud
>>
>>24754559
you should of asked for ear plugs they usually have them at the nurses station
>>
I've been three times (maybe 4) and each time it gets better.
The attractive ones are never manic depressive types, rather borderline personality disorder.
Honestly it's not worth going unless you are going to kill yourself tomorrow. Just go outpatient: treatment is more dependent on who's running the program rather than what the program actually is (in other words, you may not get good treatment, but if you go outpatient at least you won't be stuck with a bunch of psychotics for a week or more)
>>
hello weirdos
>>
Yes and I never want to go back. Don't get me wrong it's great to see degenerates and REAL fucked up people but I was the only normal person there, the entire 2 weeks were weird as hell.
>>
I'm thinking about checking in. I need to get away
>>
>>24754544
Welbutrin did that to me, granted I was already a autistic retard but I fucking hated how all the staff assumed the psychosis was how I normally am.

My local psychward is just a floor of a normal hospital, 2 people perm room with a shared shower+toilet.

The hospital food is amazing and you can always choose what you want off their giant menu, honestly if I ever become homeless I would check myself in every now n then for that warm room and AMAZING FOOD.

Phones we could use anytime a group wasn't in session, they were free.

Shaving had to be done with a electric one and be supervised.

When I was in I did meet a schizo QT who thought I was her soulmate. For the other people their with you it's hit or miss, sometimes its just chill people with a bit wrong with them and other time its people who are really messed up.
>>
>mfw they tried to give me a roommate and I refused to go into the room so they had me sleep in the quiet room
next day no roommate

I was also popular as fuck because my mom got me a big bag of funsize candy and I would give it away
>>
I really enjoyed the sandwiches, not so much the inability to masturbate or cum anymore.
>>
>>24755202
What were you chemically castrated?
>>
>>24755218
Yes.
blorx
>>
>>24755228
Oh I'm sorry.. I didn't know that still happened
>>
>>24753262
I'm going tonight the second time. Fuck me, man. Gonna draft a fucking legal contract so they can't fuck with this nigga.
>>
>>24755314
how you going to get there
>>
>>24755264
It wasn't intentional (at least I don't think so), just a side effect of the brain drugs.

When I complained they took it that I wouldn't swallow my pills and held me down and injected me with it.

That's the psyche ward for you.
Worse than prison in some respects, you don't even get a sentence, they can just keep you there as long as they like if you fail the review.
>>
>>24755335
Uncle gonna drive me there because I fucked up, dropped out of college again.

Allow me to share a tale of my first psych hospital story:

>Be 16 (3 years ago)
>Walking the fuck around
>See some hot skinny chick
>WHIP MY COCK OUT
>omg.gif
>SMELL HER PANTIES
>Smells_Like_teen_Panties.gif
>Get slapped on the back
>Wranglers haul me to the "Isolation room"
>Three days later see chick washing dishes nearby
>Call her
>Get middle finger (lol)
>Call her again
>WHIP OUT THE COCK
>Hahahaha
>Get extended in there
>>
>>24755354
Funny that in last thread like this some people were preaching about how good are psych wards. When I asked them what will they do if someone doesn't want to get treated they pretty much fell back on the normie delusion
>we will do it even if you don't want to because it's good for you

Retards. All of them. Even if I had severe problems I would NEVER willingly let myself be put in one of these prisons without a sentence. Why do people think that so many people with mental illnesses dodge treatment. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that they could literally be thrown into an asylum for the rest of their lives? Even worse in countries with universal healthcare where you don't have to pay for it. They don't give a shit, if you don't let yourself get drugged they will drug you forcefully and keep you in for as long as they want.
>>
>>24755468
Help me out man, I volunteered to put myself in a rehab soon. FUCK.
>>
>>24755537
Well you fucked up. Don't EVER say anything honestly. Do not talk about any problems you might have. Just try to act as normally as you can. I know it's hard, but your life depends on it. Fake it until you get out and then never make the same mistake again. They won't help you. Most they could do is drug you and pound retarded optimistic normie delusions into your head. Do you really think that will help you?
>>
>>24755574
No it's not gonna help me at all, but since I just got out of that place sometime Feb this year after 3 years, I know a bit how that place works.

I switched psychiatrists when I came out, and he took out 2 of my meds cause I was drowzy as fuck but didn't mention the rehab part. Then sometime last week after I lost my virginity I decided to drop the fuck out and miss all major reports and exams in school.

I'm pretty fucked, and all I want to get from this rehab stint is an excuse to spend or waste my family's money and a badass certificate certifying I'm nuts so I can get some re-credit on my class. Lmao, to fuck the system, one must be inside it. Then again, I might be wrong. Help?
>>
>>24755650
Also I'm writing a legal contract that may or may not be valid here. Gonna have it notarized by an attorney or a representative. Advice, ploxxor.
>>
>>24755668
just give someone you trust power of attorney and they will get to decide on everything
>>
>>24755695
Got a few family members who are lawyers, but I kinda pissed them off, so...
>>
i went to a psych hospital for a couple of days a few years ago

it was fucking great and i actually met a girl there who liked me

but then i got the bill and felt worse than before i was admitted
>>
>>24755468

Depends on where you're from. I've spent 12 weeks in total and it's kinda nice.

Great food, great rooms and talented staff.. Some of the Regulars even call it "The hotel"

Now there's alot of screaming, even some forced eletroshock on the really cray cray but all in all it's pretty chill
>>
>>24755804
Eh, someone else gonna pay my shit.
>>
>>24755867
You said that there is forced electroshock and in the same post that it's okay? Are you fucking dense?
>>
>>24755894
hes probably in the 3rd world
in the us you have to consent to it and go before a board of doctors
>>
>>24753262
Dropped out of it after attending for 2 days.

Figured this wasn't going to help me.
>>
>>24755894

You obviously haven't seen these people.. And this is not something sudden it's after everything is tried or the person is dangerous and will not accept treatment.
Also electroshock is really, really efficient and mild compared to the drugs.
I have never seen anyone not getting better from it.

That said, I'm to much of a pussy to do it myself
>>
>>24755970
I wouldn't accept treatment either. They have no authority over me. I don't see why I should accept treatment because someone things I'm not normie enough. Don't you see how fucking evil that is? These people will drug and torture you based on their decisions. Based on their decisions if you are normal enough.

That is fucking evil no matter how you look at it. Not only that, they have so much power over your life once you somehow manage to get inside. How could you genuinely cooperate with such people? I mean I understand out of fear, but genuinely thinking they are going to help you? That's something else.
>>
>>24753262
yeah, 9 months this year, the last 6 months of last year... i'm only wrapping up now with 2 weeks of "day" therapy just go back in...
>>
I had to go to an inpatient psychiatric ward when I was 16, after a suicide attempt (I'm no longer suicidal).

After a couple of days, they admitted this guy named Greg. He would smash his head into walls when he was angry or frustrated. One day he even broke a plexiglass window by bashing the hell out of it with his head. He started to get a huge bruise in the middle of his forehead, and his doctor told him that if he kept bashing his head into things, that the bruise would swell up to the point where it'd resemble a unicorn's horn.

One day, he started bashing his head on a wall, even though he seemed to be fine. I asked him what was wrong and he replied, "Nothing! The doctor says if I bang my head enough, I'll turn into a unicorn!"

There was also a girl who was there for anorexia. She had to be fed Boost shakes through a tube in her stomach... One day, they were prepping the tube and her shirt slid up a little too far, and I got to see her tits.
>>
>>24755804
At least I only have to foot 20% of the bill with my insurance. Still could cost a shitload, but at least I don't have to pay the whole thing.

Also, in my state, if you're involuntarily committed, but can't afford the stay (easy in my case), the state will pay for everything. You just don't want to end up there for too long otherwise they ship you off to the state mental hospital which is where the real fucking crazies are.

Here, the people that go there usually never leave and the "hospital" itself is actually on a fucking island. The state hospitals are where they keep the people that pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, are too mentally fucked to function on their own, or pose a danger to society.
>>
>>24756062
ive been to a state ward it was not that bad
most people were there for like 2 months
>>
>>24755996
Where's the torture? You're put under completely, wake up a couple of hours later.

Also lets talk about this "will".. These people are not themselves, not by a fucking longs shoot... When you're that far gone that you need this treatment your most likely in a bad phycosis+depressed/manic.

Let take a Real life example. I meet this woman, 37-39, 4 kids. Now her depression had gotten so bad it turned into a full blown psychosis..
How would you deal with a woman who want's nothing else than to get out, get her kids and commit murder suicide?
After 2 treatment she was joking around having fun, knitting socks and gossiping
We still get together once a year or so, and that lady i meet. She's gone

Also i'm from Scandinavia
>>
>>24756085
Not in my state. The only way you end up in the state ward is if you've been in a normal for 180 days and a judge orders that you need an indefinite amount of time for treatment, at which point you get sent to the state ward.

There's actually 2 in my state, one for the eastern region of the state (this is the one that's on an island, surprisingly considering the eastern region is dry as shit) and another for the western region of the state.

Like I said, the only way you get into either is by court order or if you've been in traditional treatment centers for 180 days (or more).
>>
>>24756139
Torture is having things done to you against your will. No one should ever be forced to do anything. Certainly not by fat retards in labcoats who will beat you up if you don't comply. I just don't trust their judgement about people needing their "treatment".
>>
>>24756221
Fair enough.
I can't argue your personal opinion.
But i can say that malpractice is taking very serious here. Just the time i was there i saw a person getting fired for being to trigger happy with the emergency button.

I don't know where you live or how things are done there. But i will advice you that if you ever find your self in that spot. Be open
>>
>>24756323
Be open? That could mean possibly being there for life. If I were to find myself there, I would lie and pretend I'm okay as much as possible. Opening could mean lots of nasty shit coming to light(and everyone has some nasty shit)
>>
They put me on suicide watch. I didn't mean imminently, I meant inevitably.
>>
been 4 times
>>
>>24753262
>tfw they inject you in the buttcheex if you don't take your meds
>>
>>24756910
>tfw it makes you high as fuck
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.