[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's some cheap ass food that's good and will fill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 392x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 392x304
What's some cheap ass food that's good and will fill me up? Don't care if it's healthy or not.

>pic related
>>
File: 1391308826537.png (27 KB, 445x295) Image search: [Google]
1391308826537.png
27 KB, 445x295
grilled cheese sandwich mah nigg
>>
>>24753189
Those dollar bags of vegetables, usually broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.

Peanut butter sandwiches and milk

Cheesesteak, Mac and cheese, really anything with cheese
>>
>>24753189
>beans and rice
>canned soups
>stuffing
>potatoes and eggs
>>
>Mac n Cheese + hotdogs cut up in it
>ramen, strained + nacho cheese + doritos (no seasoning)
>>
Peanut butter ramen is GOAT tier desu super famicon
>>
>>24753331

Why wouldnt you just make the ramen regular with no added effort? He clearly doesn't plan on making it past the next 5 years so the sodium wont be too bad.
>>
>>24753331
>>ramen, strained + nacho cheese + doritos (no seasoning)
Am i being memed, or is this genuinely good?
>>
>>24753371
It is fucking delicious. My mom made it for me as a kid. I come from ghetto as fuck family, and I hear it was invented in prison.
>>
Ivan is that u?? Lmao
>>
>>24753331
What kind of Doritos just regular nacho cheese ones?
>>
>>24753408
Usually the nacho cheese ones, or cool ranch. Any flavor is good, as long as it sounds like it goes on a taco.
>>
>>24753189
Beans and rice. Couple bucks can last days. Get supplements or someting, Bit of meat when you can spare it, and use the bones/marrow or stews/flavor/more nutrients Buy green onions and let them regrow for extra savings, and apples/potatoes are pretty cheap for produce,
>>
Local vegetables, chicken broth made with the remains of whole chickens, soy sauce, potatoes softened in the soup, add milk when it's hot if you just want a sorta complete meal but not to the whole batch
>>
>>24753440
beans cooked with pork bone juice is pretty good famioli
>>
rice, made with sugar and vinegar. Literally onigiri, easy to make and lots of carbs.
>>
>>24753477
Beans have high metal content, but are also good for fiber

Just not good all the time the same way fish is bad unless you spare the mercury
>>
>>24753494
Or scrambled eggs with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce

Really, soy sauce is just very good.
>>
>>24753503
I mean mix it with rice too if you're concerned about health and stuff

I'm sure there's a million ways to make fuckin beans and rice man
>>
>>24753523
Egg wrapped rice balls with ketchup.
>>
>>24753331
>>ramen, strained + nacho cheese + doritos

That sounds like a method of execution.
>>
Oatmeal
Couscous
>>
>>24753540
I am kinda weirded out by the idea of egg and rice done any way other than mixed evenly to make breakfasty, non sugary, rice krispie treat, layered, hybrid mcmuffins.
>>
Rice and eggs are some easy and cheap things I use to survive.
>>
File: food_cost_per_unit.jpg (195 KB, 451x516) Image search: [Google]
food_cost_per_unit.jpg
195 KB, 451x516
Make sure when you buy food, look at the price per ounce. Buy non-perishable items in bulk, since you are probably going to end up buying it again someday.

Look at the nutrition facts label and think about getting the most calories for your money. Get the $1.50 Totino's Party Pizza that is 800 calories rather than the $1 microwave pizza that is only 400 calories.
>>
>>24753644
Dude just make dough with flour, water, salt and shit, get tomato sauce, put cheese and sugar in that and put cheese on top. You can do this like 6 times for the price of 2 digiorno's bullshit.

Learn to toss a fuckin pizza before you talk about the money.
>>
Shredded cabbage, cheap and healthy. Fry it in a little oil and season it. This way you can have a noodle substitute without getting fat and bloated from ramen
>>
>>24753670
Obviously making pretty much anything from scratch is cheaper, but even NEETs do not want to do devote the time to make every meal that way.
>>
>>24753748
Serious now, it's very fun

Worst case scenario you make yourself meals you like if no one else. Best case you can maybe become famous like gordon ramsay and scream at people
>>
>>24753581
As someone who gets free eggs from parents, rice and eggs are fucking amazing.

>crack egg onto pan
>put cheap flour tortilla on it
>flatten egg through tortilla
>let it cook onto the tortilla
>flip it and heat the other side
>fill with rice and shit

Fuck me it's so fucking good and filling.
>>
File: tacos4.jpg (378 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tacos4.jpg
378 KB, 1024x768
>tortillas (30 count) ~ $4.00
>10 lbs worth of chicken breasts (or literally any other protein you can think of. there's always some cheap-ass cuts at the butcher's) ~ $10.00
>cilantro ~$1.50
>onions ~ idk, like, $0.65 the pound?

also, not necessary, but always a nice touch
>limes, cheese and "salsa" ~$6.00 in all

not as cheap as them nasty ass maruchans, but ~$17.00 worth of taco ingredients should last you at least 5 days, they're relatively simple, versatile, about as easy to prepare, and they taste amazing 95% of the time
>>
>>24753794
I want whatever mcdonald's uses to make their eggs perfectly flat over medium, and just make soft breakfast tacos with peppers, cayenne, avocado and crab.

Yes crab, I had it before. Avocado and crab is fuckin good. Maybe with a tiny bit of ranch and cilantro.
>>
File: PG0098-GLD.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PG0098-GLD.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>24753838
Use a Jar lid (with the removable center) so you just have the ring. Place on frying pan (make sure its metal dear god) and fry the eggs inside of it.

Bam, perfect egg in a flat shape.
>>
Smoked salmon and cream cheese is breddy goud
>>
File: it.jpg (465 KB, 684x507) Image search: [Google]
it.jpg
465 KB, 684x507
>>24753934
This is on my bucket list
>>
File: pepperpottsofpepperspots.jpg (120 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepperpottsofpepperspots.jpg
120 KB, 600x600
>unemployed
>food stamps cause poor
>fill freezer with unnecessarily large quantities of stouffer edibles of all sizes
>get fat, don't care
>mmmmm
>>
Rice and beans is kind of the go to for cheap food. Black beans and lentils are my favorites. Potatoes are another god choice. If you're willing to shell out a bit more then ramen is great with spinach or kale. I"ve even added broccoli to it. It isn't very good with broccoli but it at least gets some vegetable in there and the resulting diarrhea is slightly less liquidy. It sound weird but shredded carrots or coleslaw mix(without the gross wet stuff, just the vegetables) is awesome in ramen and really pumps up the veggie levels. If you catch it before it's thrown away they usually mark them down to under $0.5/bag. Meat is nice and really a luxury. If you're splurging either buy a whole chicken and cut it up yourself, or boneless skinless thinghs. I do thigh since it's cheap and super easy to work with. Foprtunately I prefer thigh over breast. Prok or cow butt or shoulder is awesome for pulled sandwiches, but too expensive unless on managers/garbage can special. Pork shouldewr is ridiculously cheap. Really just keep an eye out for managers special. I"ve gotten chicken breast for $).19/lb before. I bought every pack they had labeled at the price and froze it all but the rest. I made tendies and pretended I was some rich fag who can afford to fill up on breast alone. Second time I made fries to go with it though because a meal of one item is actually kind of broing even if it is some extravagance.
>>
>>24754022
Meme? ~200 g Rice tomato sauce and vegetables for $2.99?
>>
>>24754189
>read the box

Okay fair enough but the box is 2 servings.
>>
>>24753967
Eh its nothing too crazy it has a rich taste and a sort of doughy texture

I haven't had it in about a month or so and I think I have a can of smoked salmon in my pantry
>>
>>24753748

cum on m8, It tastes much better and takes all of 5 minutes to mix flour water, salt, and yeast, and you can do it in bulk, portion, and freeze. The sauce cheese and pepperoni is even easier, just spoon, grate, and place.
>>
>>24754227
I'd rather but premade pizza dough because I can't make shit from scratch at all desu senpai
>>
>>24754208
of 180 Calories/ea. A meal should be at least 800 to 1200 Calories unless you're a woman or sedentary man.
>>
>>24754217
Usually just make lox spread with pepper and dill myself in the blender, but I will have to make my 1in thick poppy seed deep fried beer batter crust at home.

Let's just hope it gets you high too
>>
>>24754252

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/no-knead-pizza-dough-394696

Have you tried? You can buy bags of flour, boxes of salt, jars or bags of yeast, and water should come out of the tap. It's not like you have to mine your own salt and grow your own wheat. I like letting my dough sit for 3 days or so. It takes on a slightly sour taste that is really good. Seriously though, it's just 4 ingredidents. Probably one of the easiest things to make in the world aside from pasta, which is only 3 ingredients.
>>
>>24753189
Ramen when actually divided up is not that cheap compared to other sources in terms of nutritional value. Sure you can get a pack for a buck but this gives you nothing but carbs and sodium.

Here is real advice:
Niggas in this thread been telling you beans?
Motherfuckers are leaving out the most important parts.

Get bags of dried beans.

Dried beans are superior in cost and texture. canned beans are always mush.

Dried are more work but far less expensive and flavorful. Tons of protein if you are getting the right kinds of beans. With dried rice never buy less than a fifty pound bag. If you are serious about eating it buy a ricemaker. With a ricemaker even a retard can eat tasty ass rice every time.

Eggs. Eggs are cheap and good for you. Eat the whole egg don't listen to body builder fags who say only eat the whites. The yolk is a treat and good for you. Eat it with Oatmeal. Another great cheap stable that is good as fuck for you.

Beyond this buy whole chickens. You know where and when to look you can get chickens for 5 bucks in California where everything is expensive as fuck. You can cook it in the oven and strip the whole thing of all it's meat and make other shit out of it. Chicken tacos. Chicken sandwiches, Chicken soup.

Beyond this buy frozen vegetables. Buying frozen is cheap and it lasts forever. Frozen vegetables are actually better than fresh depending on what you are buying a lot of the time. The reason being that frozen vegetables are picked off the vine in the peak of freshness and nutrient and then flash frozen and shipped. Where as most "fresh" vegetables in stores are picked unripened then shipped across county in trucks before sitting in the store without sun or direct water for a while ripening out of nature.

Eating like this will also make you ripped as fuck with light work outs.
>>
File: bouillon.jpg (25 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
bouillon.jpg
25 KB, 380x380
>brown rice
$3
>seasoning
$2
>sliced pepperjack cheese on top
$3
>optional: canned oysters or salmon
$2

you'll have to re-up on cheese and fish once a week. but the rice and seasoning will last two solid easily

if you're like me, you're thinking "pssh rice? fuck that." but it's amazing. so filling. the seasoning makes it savory. the cheese makes it creamy. the juices of the fish make it into a seafood soup. so fucking good and healthy and cheap.
>>
>>24753967
dude what you could go into any store today and make with everything in your picture for yourself for 20 bucks.

And you could make it five more times with the stuff you get for that twenty bucks.

How is this on your bucket list?

Do you not live in America?
>>
>>24753880
Even better: a ring of onion or a hollow slice of a bell pepper.
>>
>>24754498
This man is wise.
>>
>>24754420
>caldo de pollo

Heyyyy, my mang

Listen to him, this stuff tastes great.
>>
>>24754493
Nope the smoked salmon itself is like 16 alone
Old bagels at 8:00 for $5
Cream cheese $1-2 sale
Onions $2/2
Fresh dill just have it
Poppy seeds just have it

Still over 20
>>
>>24754528
Smoked Salmon is like $10-12 for me
bagel $3-5 But there are plenty of places to buy individual bagels and not a pack
cream cheese $2-3
Onion $1
Dill - ????
Poppy seeds should come with the bagel

This is all California and Hawaii so like some of the two highest cost of livings in the U.S. make your dreams come true fag you could be dead tomorrow.

I also like a slice of tomato on mine.
>>
File: lentils-cooked.jpg (176 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
lentils-cooked.jpg
176 KB, 1280x1280
meet your new friend: lentils

as someone already said always buy dry. canned always has way too much sodium and lentils cook fast anyway and don't require soaking.

you can also get mung beans which are small enough to not need soaking as well.

you may also want to get some good spices like cumin, turmeric, etc. or a bag of curry mixed spices. carrots are also very delicious when cooked with lentils.
>>
>>24754608
Lentils are the reason vegetarians can even be alive.

Listen to this man.
>>
>>24753189
Potatoes.
>>
>>24754608
the great thing about lentils is, they never get boring
>>
Just get some flour, add water and fry.
I've survived for weeks on it and just chucked every last scrap of "food" on top to spoil myself.
>>
>>24754608
>>24754671
Lentils are the shit.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.