[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have to learn to love yourself before anyone can love you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: GRIMES-x-SPAGHETTI.png (569 KB, 636x616) Image search: [Google]
GRIMES-x-SPAGHETTI.png
569 KB, 636x616
You have to learn to love yourself before anyone can love you.
>>
>>24752884
Well I'm fucked then
>>
Phrases like these are known as "rationalizations" used by more fortunate people to redefine reality so as to avoid facing any facts the contradict their worldview. They are ultimately devoid of meaning or methods to achieve what are vaguely stated or poorly defined qualities.
>>
File: madasfuck.jpg (13 KB, 177x284) Image search: [Google]
madasfuck.jpg
13 KB, 177x284
Not arguing that point.
My question is how the fuck do normal people delude themselves into loving themselves so much?

For real, almost all of people are absolute shit-tier, myself included.
It pisses me off knowing that there are people that are happy only because they don't know how fucking awful they actually are. It's infuriating.
>>
>>24753009

Most people are dissatisfied with themselves in some fundamental way. They just fake self-love to seem healthy. Usually if you notice some physical imperfection that somebody has, and remind them of it, you'll find out that they don't truly totally love themselves.
>>
>>24753048
I'm sure everyone has some self-conscious physical bullshit they worry about, but I'm more referring to how inconsiderate and selfish they can be while still convincing themselves that they're great people.
Maybe it's just me being literally autistic and not picking up on subtext/body language, but they always seem so sure of themselves that they're always in the right and never at fault for anything.
>>
>>24752884
This only applies if you're unattractive.
>>
>>24752884

I know. That's why I will never find anyone.

I learned a long time ago that I am incapable of loving myself, so how will I ever find someone to love me in return?

Take it away, Freddie.
http://youtu.be/kijpcUv-b8M
>>
>>24752884
>ywn eat spaghetti with grimes, grab her by the hand and tell her "Girl, you know you gotta watch your health"

Why even live when I know I'll never have Grimes?
>>
>>24752884
That is true to an extent. Chad can hate himself and still be loved, even mediocre artists can hate themselves and still be loved as long as they put out regular decent content. OP basically applies to average joes.
>>
>>24752981
Actually if you don't care for yourself you are going to do things you think are 'selfless' but usually end up costing you longer in the long run and not really doing a whole lot in the mean time. If you actually act like you love yourself you might maybe just stop punishing yourself all the fucking time and act a little more confident. If you think I'm full of shit try being confident. Being confident is what people mean by being yourself. Or you know if you don't agree with me just be yourself.
>>
>>24753137

They do behave like this. Most people are emotionally selfish. Why? Because its easier to be happy that way. You have no obligation to be emotionally considerate, and you'd be happier if you weren't.
>>
>>24753156
no this applies to attractive people. if youre ugly, you get no love. at all.
>>
>>24752884
i love myself and people just hate me more for being a self-absorbed narcissistic douche

now what
>>
>>24752981
Well I sure would like to love myself, although I'm still trying to figure out how.
>>
>>24753205
So a 9/10 girl who doesn't love herself is unloveable?
>>
>>24753208
There is no shortage of people that love self-absorbed narcissistic douches. You just need to work on your appearance matching your personality. Hit the gym. Buy expensive designer clothing.
>>
>>24753208
The next step would be to love others. As far as I'm concerned, I find it easier to do it if I start by caring about myself first. Idk.
>>
>>24752884
lol but if youre a woman you can be depressed cutting yourself on meds and just out of the looney bin and there will be HUNDREDS of men willing to love you and help you get back on your feet and live happily

if your a woman even with mild depression 90% of guys will still date you and a high chance they will fall in love with you if youre in the same league

so your whole little phrase is bullshit OP
>>
>>24753195

I am confident. That's how I know you're wrong. The weight of the world is held up by emotional slaves, people who act as outlets for the rest of us selfish fucks who make up 90%+ of the population. They are the people who clean up our "confident" messes.
>>
>>24753234
They don't love her. They love her looks.
>>
>>24753234
it's impossible for a 9/10 girl to not love herself. the best way to build confidence is through social validation, which is something a 9/10 gets from every other guy in the room.
>>
>>24753278

Gibberish. Love is about looks. Its all biology at work. Guys love girls that give them the love fee-fees, which are just certain hormones being produced more.
>>
>>24753268
Those guys don't actually care for those girls. They're desperate for affection and are looking for self-validation in the approval of others. There's also the narcissism of "saving" someone.
>>
>>24753298
Lust isn't love.
>>
>>24752884
I do love myself though. Where's my gf?
>>
>>24753325

No one said anything about lust. Are you having a second, secret conversation with yourself? When you're wrong you can't just spout out non-sequiturs to try and "win".
>>
>>24753278
So because a girl is physically attractive, a man can only love her looks?
>>24753294
>it's impossible for a 9/10 girl to not love herself.
I don't give a fuck that you're baiting, you're stupid as shit.
>>
>>24752884
She looks like a quirky qt
>>
>>24753373
>So because a girl is physically attractive, a man can only love her looks?
If she's depressed or self-destructive (doesn't love herself), then yes, they only want her around to have sex with her.
>>
>>24753258
the problem is I'm not attractive and the gym won't help my weak chin and betababyface
>>24753265
I do love others, I spend a lot of time discussing what is ethical and right, I talk to broken people like myself as equals instead of snubbing them as others do to me. I just have no social skills and I will never have the years of carefree high school days back to learn or be cured of autism, so people don't "feel" that I am a good person.
>>
>>24753208
Fap in front of a mirror I mean what do you need?
>>
>>24753485

Yeah, this is BS. My dad stayed with my obese depressed mother for 25 years without sex after his last kid was born (roughly 15 years without sex).
>>
Actually, it's perfectly sensible.

Although you don't have to love yourself, you have to at least not hate yourself, which is more or less the point but people in general can not into non-black and white thinking. You need to learn how to not hate yourself because it directly affects your behavior and personality. Those who selfloath very often cry about it out loud, instead of keeping it silent, so it's not even that hard to pick up on.

And noone likes a crybaby who is so egocentric all he talks about is how much he hates himself.

On top of that, selfloathers also tend to be some degree of suicidal. Why you would you invest your love into someone who may very well kill themselves at any point in time?
>>
>>24753622
>>24752884
>People hate on you for being short
>Something you can't change' forever holds you down

>People hate on you for being socially awkward
>something that has a factor of not talking to enough people makes you rejected by people

>People hate on you for being ugly
>Think you're a loser or creep by judging face

>People hate on you for being poor
>think you're homeless or pitiful

>Hurr Y CAN'T U LUV URSELV????
>
>>
LISTEN:

Its not love yourself. Fuck that. You don't love you. SO MAKE YOURSELF SOMEONE YOU CAN LOVE.

Work out. Change everything about you. Get a better job, better education, better car and house.

Or fuck all that and do something you love.

then you will love yourself
>>
>>24753310
>literally none of these guys care about them they're ALL just desperate for affections

yeah, no, fuck off.
>>
>>24753884
>Its not love yourself. Fuck that. You don't love you. SO MAKE YOURSELF SOMEONE YOU CAN LOVE.

this is better than the feel good and solve nothing advice
>>
>>24753836
If you define your own happiness based on whether people like you or not, you are a failed normie. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>24753954
people who brag about how they don't care what other people think usually care the most
>>
>>24754122
I didn't say you don't need to care. I said it shouldn't be the driving force of your existence. Exist for yourself, not others.
>>
>>24753909
You won't ever really love yourself. Just like how you won't find "true" happiness.

Things come in waves. Some days, you might feel good, other days might be a tidal wave of absolute negativity.

Just do things you enjoy and try to distract yourself from the negativity. Changing the external things most likely won't fix the internal distress, but it can help.

I guess it's easier said then done.
>>
What is a meaningless quip someone says when they break up with you?
>>
File: 1435547650088.jpg (142 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1435547650088.jpg
142 KB, 640x640
>tfw people dont think grimes is a qt
>>
>>24752884
No one wants to listen to, "O, WOE IS ME," all day. Easiest shit to understand ever.
>>
>>24754457
I like her hairy legs and pits.
>>
File: IMG_20151205_010548.jpg (139 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_010548.jpg
139 KB, 1024x683
i want to fuck grimes
>>
>>24753373
and ur a fucking cunt, i was being serious though
>>
and you know why? because nobody wants to be the thing that validates your existence. thats too much pressure to put on a person's shoulders.
>>
File: 1447574363643.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1192) Image search: [Google]
1447574363643.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1192
>>24752884
kek dude just looove urself its easy just bee good looking like me

all u need is a good personality

ur all hated by society because ur bitter virgins if you stop being so negative and accept urself then people will treat u better i promise goys
>>
>>24753900
He's right you fuckwit. Why would you even care or argue against that?
>>
There is no reason to love myself. I am objectively inferior. Actually there isn't a reason for most people to love themselves. I don't know how they do it, but if you call them out on it they get uncomfortable and angry.
>>
What a fucking lie
>>
File: grimesanon.png (51 KB, 1322x195) Image search: [Google]
grimesanon.png
51 KB, 1322x195
Daily reminder that Grimes fags are faggots
>>
Why would I love myself?
I have no redeeming qualities.

And even if I do, and even try to 'improve myself' with superficial shit, I would still not be able to compete, and there would be legions of other similar guys that are better choices.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.