[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to live on your own in a big city without a diploma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Is it possible to live on your own in a big city without a diploma or rich parents?
>>
If you have a good, stable job then yes
>>
>>24751006
You can get good jobs without college?
>>
>>24750987

Depends on the city. Some you could probably get by if you have a decent job.
>>
>>24751075

Maybe some kind of trade from community college. If not a diploma is your best bet.
>>
>>24751720
I don't have that option right now though
>>
>>24751760
Crime scene clean up
Its just a cert and your salary will rise to respectable levels
>>
>>24752022
Well I took a 2 year vocational course in criminal justice and I took it in college for 2 years maybe but that sounds fucking gross. Is it just spraying blood away with a power hose?
>>
>>24752059
It's way worse
But if you're not squeamish , and have a morbid curiosity then is great
Good job for not normal people like you and I too, as nobody working that job is really a normie , may work with bored EMTs and such

As for clean up, imagine the worst grisliest scene you can, then be prepared for it to exceed that.
You have to be not only OK with gore, buy mentally and emotionally strong as there are depressing scenes

It's not always a horrible thing out of a serial killers nightmare though
You get plenty of business in a city
Your education is nice but you'd still need an ABRA cert I believe
>>
>>24752164
I have considered this career path in the past (not the anon you were talking to). I have an EMT certificate and I've been thinking about upgrading it so I could work on the ambulance but I'm not sure if I want to do that yet because I'd probably have to move to a more rural area to get work and I like living in a city while I'm young.

So I was thinking about doing crime scene cleanup and did some preliminary research. Thanks for your perspective. I'd love it if you would share more.
>>
>>24751075
You can live comfortably as a UPS driver in nyc so yes. I assume Fedex might pay around the same too.
>>
I live in a mid-sized city with no college education and have a two-bedroom apartment that I share with a roommate and I work 20hrs/week in a peripheral healthcare job.

In the past I lived in a major city that has one of the highest costs of living in the world and I did fine financially there too, though I had more roommates and had to work a 40 hour week.
>>
>>24750987
Yes, how do you think there are so many Mexicans in New York and San Francisco?
>>
I used to live in a bachelor pad in Montreal and worked as a dishwasher.
I was pretty broke and the job was hell but to answer your question yes it's possible.
>>
>>24752476
Jesus fucking christ, hold the phone we got the worlds biggest fucktard here.

Seriously, what the fuck possess you to keep living you humanised piece of shit. Fuck off.
>>
What do you pay?
>>
>>24752533
>being this buttflustered about someone answering OP's question
>>
>>24752533
wat
wat
>>
>>24752214
At the end of the day it's still a job, clock in clock out
If you weren't squeamish before , prepare to becoming completely jaded

The only thing that can really affect anyone anymore is when you literally smell something you've never smelt before

Overall though it's an interesting job , amateur detective work and all.
I wouldn't really choose anything else for me, but I'm a weirdo .
>>
>>24752483
Why do people even go to college then if you can live in the best cities in the world without it anyway?
>>
>>24752760
because you'll live in a shitty house and work a shitty job for the rest of your life

would you rather do something interesting and have a nice house or be a 7-11 cashier or plumber or some shit and live in the ghetto?
>>
>>24752802
>because you'll live in a shitty house and work a shitty job for the rest of your life
So just like 90% of people? I seriously doubt everyone who finishes college automatically gets a nice house and an interesting job, I'm pretty sure they mostly get shit jobs they hate.
>>
>>24752802
I'm not materialistic at all so I don't really care
>>
>>24752802
Plumbers actually make decent money as far as trades are concerned. It's not electrician cash but it's still an average of over 50k, upwards of 70k-80k for cities with demand.
>>
>>24752760
Are you dumb? Would you rather do digstuing back breaking work for 10/hr at most or make enough to live middle class sitting in an office on a computer with a cup of coffee?

Would you rather have bills up to the ceiling and literally 10s of dollars to your name or would you rather have enough money for car payment, rent, and any other bills you acquire with enough money left over for luxuries and to save?

Would you rather live in a cockroach den with gunshots and murder and never able to have a family and live very day in stress of being afford to bills or would you rather have a good car, house and a garage in a good location, a happy family, and professionally remodeled shit?
>>
>>24753165
I don't see the difference, unless you're the 1% you're still a slave, just in slightly better conditions.

I can't fathom being forced to physically exert myself in a specific way by a building site master no more and no less than being forced to hold my tongue or be denigrated by an office master. In fact, the latter seems much more damaging to mind and character.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.