[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HG/ Hobby General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x241
What are your hobbies, anon?

I like to raise beetles, build gunpla and edit skate videos w/ my 2 friends
>>
>>24749316
That's pretty cool op
I like to draw and not much else
What's a Gunpla?
>>
I like Russian literature, scuba diving, and cars, specifically tuning/aftermarket but repair/mechanics is also nice
riced up 350z for anyone who's curious
>>
I like to stare at girls and fap shortly afterwards
>>
>>24749405
not OP but gunpla is gundam model kits, pretty cash family
>>
are videogames a hobby
>>
I dont have any hobbies. Except video games, I guess.
Everything I try, I stop shortly after.

Sometimes when I'm feeling down I make little cubes and other figures out of modeling clay and draw faces on them.

For about a week or so I had a little game going where they run different countries and stuff. I had a system going that determined income and money and wars and invasion and such. I recorded a lot of it (its pretty cringeworthy, desu).

I keep the figures in my room. My entire family has seen them. I'm not embarrassed.
>>
>>24749405
That's awesome! Do you mind sharing some of your favorites? I'm sure you're very talented
>>
>>24749316
Similar hobby, I breed fish.
My black convict cichlids just had a bunch of fry.
>>
File: textsecure-2015-11-30-150612.jpg (17 KB, 270x480) Image search: [Google]
textsecure-2015-11-30-150612.jpg
17 KB, 270x480
I have a tiny gecko and cook
>>
>>24749443
What're you're favorite Russian books? How long have you been scuba diving and where are some places you've gone?
>>
>>24749534
Do the figures have names? That actually sounds pretty interesting senpai
>>
>>24749546
My buddy has cichlids very nice fish imo
>>
>>24749581
Yes, I gave them all names. Most of them relevant to what they look like.
>>
I use my imagination.
>>
>>24749561
Brothers katsmazov
Notes from underground (I know cringe le edge but it's still good)
Pale fire, Idk nabakov might've written this in Paris or US but he's a Russian and moved there later
Bronze horseman
5 years, Belize (big hole thing, forget name) Mexico, Great barrier reef, all five great lakes, and Atlantis Bahamas.
Tbh I like great barrier/Belize best. I like natural stuff, so the hole and reefs and fish were awesome. Great lakes a lot cause my dad and cousin love shipwrecks and they're close (I'm in Ohio)
>>
>>24749631
what kind of stuff do you imagine?
>>
>>24749650
oh woah! do you have any pics? also, are you fluent in Russian or do you read the books translated?
>>
>>24749610
and how did the system you mentioned work? that interested me the most
>>
>>24749658
primordial worlds, asteroid cities, utopian forest cities

music for these places (more conceptual, like, what sort of instruments, would they favor rhythm or melody as opposed to composing music in my head)

I'm working on some short stories and my goal is to submit something for publication to SF mags sometime in 2016
>>
>>24749725
thats pretty freaking sweet desu
>>
>>24749316
Do the beetles bite?
>>
>>24749701
Translated, I didn't get into them till I took Russian lit in uni third year and by then I figured "oh well too late to learn Russian"
And no pics, sorry, on mobile out of my house.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 204x204
>>24749749
t-thank you senpai

ooooooohhhhhhhh~
>>
File: Stag-Beetle-1.jpg (2 MB, 3411x2666) Image search: [Google]
Stag-Beetle-1.jpg
2 MB, 3411x2666
>>24749772
the one in the pic is a Hercules beetle those ones dont really bite so to speak but stag beetles use their pincers often but it doesnt really hurt
>>
I just posted in another thread, but:

I collect role playing books, and write fantasy settings to play D&D with.

Right now, I'm writing a historical fiction setting similar to game of thrones, but if they were Vikings.
>>
>>24749791
>too late to learn Russian

It ain't too late desu

Make it a goal
>>
>>24749857
I'd like to but the bottom line is I hate learning languages. Plus a thousand other excuses.
Do you enjoy diving or lit or just curious? If you wanted to get into diving it's actually 100x easier than you'd expect.
>>
>>24749847
How do you get started? How expensive is it?
>>
>>24749856
my friend is coming up from NC this week and were gonna run a D&D campaign i have been putting together for a while it should be pretty grandiose. Have you ever heard of Vinland Saga? its this manga with a concept similar to that, you might like it!
>>
File: low-shun.png (74 KB, 340x435) Image search: [Google]
low-shun.png
74 KB, 340x435
>>24749847

what does it feel like to get bitten by their pincers and why do these beetles have pincers to begin with
>>
>>24749847
Is it a lot of work to raise them seems pretty cool
>>
>>24749907
I haven't actually. I'll look it up!

I hope you guys have a good session. My group ditched me a while back, but some of the people I used to play with in highschool will be in town, this weekend. So I might do a one-shot.
>>
File: personal jesus.jpg (73 KB, 852x960) Image search: [Google]
personal jesus.jpg
73 KB, 852x960
>>24749316

i shoot guns and im interested in firearms history and military history.

pic relate is my hero and personal jesus ian mccollum
>>
QUESTION FOR D&D NERDS ITT

How would I get involved in playing D&D? None of my friends are into it (though I may have a connection to an old roommate who does), I'm 26, I live in a moderately sized city with a large college population.

Where do I go as a late-coming beginner? Most people probably start in their teens and I'm 10 years older than that. Would more experienced players be patient with me while I'm learning?
>>
File: lioke this.jpg (56 KB, 1052x854) Image search: [Google]
lioke this.jpg
56 KB, 1052x854
>>24749900
>>24749945
its not very hard at all- theyre not very high maintenance yknow? if you set up your breeding boxes etc correctly nature will take its course most of the time- its not too expensive either. you definitely alot of substrate because they like to burrow so thats the most expensive part id say maybe 40-60$ depending on the size of your box (ive seen some people just use mixed leaves and dirt from their backyards) and your box can just be one of those big tupperware containers
>>
>>24749316
Who /scaled hobby modeler/ here? Airfix and Revell masterace
>>
>>24749944
just like a little pinch its usually the shock of being pinched thats the worst but sometimes they dont let go right away which is a little annoying. hmmm i think they use it for defense also sometimes the male beetles fight to show dominance- having beetle fights is actually a big pastime in some countries especially in southeast asia
>>
>>24749990
show us your guns! and your firearms ;) also your personal jesus looks like a cool guy id trust him with money
>>
>>24750023
I started playing D&D when I was in the second grade. So I was practically born in it. Melded by it.

But my first recommendation is to talk to /tg/. Buy some old D&D 3.5 books and see if you can find people that are interested in learning with you.

Go to a local comic book store and see if they have a group, or know of people that would be interested.

Understand that for people that are even into the hobby, it's hard to find players right now.

Not to discourage you, I'm just curious. Why are you interested in the game at so late? Have you always been curious?
>>
>>24750050
please describe for me the day to day of taking care of these creatures. I'm curious about how they are kept. I would have thought in an aquarium or terrarium or whatever.

What is their day to day life like?

I am now curious about their behavior because I am the guy above talking about writing short stories about primordial worlds and those big beetles are pretty damn primordial
>>
Please tell me how to find new hobbies, robots
>>
>>24750085
Post pic of your setup
>>
>>24749897
i actually got a license over the summer its so fun and yes i agree
>>
I like to shitpost on 4chan from my phone.
>>
>>24750149
youre in a thread full of inspiration my friend
>>
Reading, vidya, swing dance, and I need to practice viola.
>>
>>24749316
I like to read, play the piano and make hip hop beats.
>>
>>24749316
I like sleeping.
>>
File: muhshotty.png (1 MB, 4000x1067) Image search: [Google]
muhshotty.png
1 MB, 4000x1067
>>24750120

no pics because theyre in the safe and its late but

>colt .22lr target model
>hipoint carbine in 9mm
>stevens 320
>taurus .410
>muh nugget

getting a glock 19 or an AR come tax season
>>
>>24750134
>Why are you interested in the game at so late? Have you always been curious?
More or less, yes. I was interested in it as a child and teen, but I lived in a redneck town and the only other person who expressed an interest was an ubernerd friend of mine. No one else wanted to because the only perception of it was a nerd cliche so it would have probably resulted in a lot of bullying.

So it was being curious about it early + not having any access or entrance point at those developmental stages that morphed into a growing adult fixation on playing

I know people who play Munchkin but no one who legit plays D&D.

>Buy some old D&D 3.5 books and see if you can find people that are interested in learning with you.
I almost bought some a while back thinking maybe I'd try to learn on my own and have a working understanding of the game before playing with others but then I realized that was stupid.

>see if you can find people that are interested in learning with you.
>for people that are even into the hobby, it's hard to find players right now.
So I'm thinking maybe my best bet is to try to get together a group of beginners to try with me. I've never tried to get anyone to learn with me since high school but now as an adult I'm friends with a lot of musicians and art weirdos so I am willing to bet I know at least a couple people who would be open to it...

I guess if half a dozen 14 year olds in a basement can learn it, I can probably learn it with a crew of newbies too. My only concern is finding enough people willing to put in the time and really enjoy it.
>>
>>24750143
i usually feed them when i wake up depending on the species what i feed them changes but its usually stuff like small pieces of fruit (this might bring you fruit flies!) and like old dead bark or leaves they dont usually eat it all- also you should keep the housing moist for humidity and stuff so you spritz it with water every now and then. The beetles themselves are usually calm especially the females- they move slowly if at all. At times the males can get temperamental they get into fights with other males and can hiss at you when you try and move them. Oh they also have a pretty strong grip from their size.
>>
I like to collect comic books and read elder scrolls lore. I wanted to learn how to skate board but didn't really apply myself. I'll try to learn when it gets warm out again. I also like to draw
>>
Sailing, wandering in the forest, reading

I wish I could draw, paint, and sculpt. I'll probably take up wood carving since it appeals to me and seems the easiest way to get into sculpting
>>
File: SP-404 SX.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SP-404 SX.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
>>24750270
what do you use to make hip hop beats? software with midi controllers? mpc? sp-404?

(sp-404 head here)
>>
>>24750154
i-im not home senpai
>>
>Surfing
My dad put me on a surfboard when I was 8 and showed me how to surf. We went surfing together until I moved away 2 months ago. Surfing isn't the same without him.

>Mountain biking
Too bad I live in Florida. I've been mountain biking all over the country and I love it. I feel so at home in the forest.

>Learning Russian
I was bored one day and decided to start learning a foreign language. I don't know why I picked Russian and I've never really had a good reason. By coincidence, I had to go to Russia for 2 months one time. Turns out, Russian sloots love American men who speak fractured Russian.
>>
>>24749316
That thing looks terrifying.
>>
>>24750378
my prefered DAW and an AKAI LPK-25

as for the sequencer, fl studio. don't judge.
>>
>>24750378
>>24750414

i'm too broke to actually get some equipment.
>>
>>24750369
i too wish i had any artistic ability- i really like that stuff i took an ap art history class in high school and i fell in love with not only the skill it takes to make this stuff but the history behind it.
have you ever listened to wood carving ASMR? Hella tingles
>>
>>24749721
Sorry for late reply, hope you are still here.

I used different spaces around my room. Each area was a different country. Then I separated all the figures into different teams. There was about 4-5 to each. There were 5 countries.

Each country was given a turn. They could build different structures, which I marked with a post-it-note. These structures were like factories and such that generated revenue, but only if they had someone working there. Each figure had two stats: Health and Movement. Each one could move the length of my thumb, but their move stat determined how MANY times they could move per turn.

As for wars, they were the fun part, and the reason I stopped was pretty much because I reached a part where any more wars were impossible or would take to long to get to. If one figure reached another figure they would go into battle.

In battle, I put the two figures on a stool, which was placed on top of my bed. I then shook the stool. Whenever a figure fell off, it would lose a health point.

Different figures could purchase upgrades and stuff using money their country has.

I also had stealth missions, too. Where I would turn down all the lights, play some MGS music, and throw the sneaking figure into my messy bed. I would then use the light from my phone to scan the area. If I didn't see him, the sneak was successful. There were also presidential elections, monarchies, dictatorships, and more. I kind of miss it but it did take a lot of work and space that I don't feel like doing again.
>>
>>24750467
this is a 10/10 post
I love you anon
>>
>>24750365
>I like to collect comic books
What comics do you have anon?

Aside from the obligatory watchmen and v trade paperbacks I mostly have short runs and maxiseries:
late 80s new gods reprint
90s vertigo reprint of alan moore's run on swamp thing
full run of camelot 3000
and most of the new 52 run of swamp thing up to about issue 90 and the animal man crossover as well

I haven't ever really kept up with anything current except for the new 52 swamp thing and bits and pieces of animal man
>>
>>24750452
>wood carving ASMR

pls elaborate and link
>>
>>24750409
oh wow surfing must mean alot to you then- its good to have something like that i think- have you ever thought of visiting him again for the nostalgia? tee hee

Are you into hiking? my buddy and i have been talking about hiking the entire Appalachian Trail for what feels like forever. You sound like you borwse /out/ and if you dont i think you'd like it
>>
>>24750512
The sad part is I'm 100% serious.
>>
>>24750332
If you provide a means for me to contact you that you are comfortable with, I can walk you through it to a certain degree. There are also ways to play over the web.

I would suggest downloading a PDF of the three base books of D&D 3.5, and read through them.

Then, once you have a basic understanding of the game, ask your friends or coworkers what they think of D&D. Let them know that you're learning to play, and think that it would be best to learn with other people.

It's a really fun and rewarding pass time. It's my favorite hobby, and I've had more fun in my life hanging out with friends and playing D&D than pretty much anything else. It's also fun to write your own content. Come up with characters and write out the histories of worlds that you imagine.
>>
>>24750525
its just like watching people make wood carvings its pretty relaxing and its feels fulfilling for you too when they finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbx6qBgmTY

this is the first video that came up when i searched it- hope you enjoy
>>
File: pol playing with toys.png (39 KB, 900x493) Image search: [Google]
pol playing with toys.png
39 KB, 900x493
>>24750467

Screencapped. This is the most /r9k/ post I have ever read on /r9k/.
>>
>>24750467
Jesus fucking christ lord.
>>
>>24750467
>>24750620
>>24750648

OP here i think its pretty cool i like games like this (like risk etc) and it being so in depth for a game you made yourself is impressive- so kudos to you maybe even pick it back up it sounds like alot of fun
>>
>>24750714
I mean I too find it cool but damn if it isn't that some autism tier dedication right there.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Here is a pic.
Feel free to make fun of me.
>>
>>24750467
>>24750648
>>24750620
he's like that guy that was here with "the story of the whos" about these little tiny people that battled lice and had battlecruisers and apocalyptic seiges of their tree superfortresses

motherfucker composes music for his imaginary world
pretty awesome
http://thestoryofthewhos.tumblr.com/
>>
>>24750548
>have you ever thought of visiting him again for the nostalgia?
All the time. I live within reasonable 1-day driving distance, but it's still far enough that it's too far out of my way. Every time I visit him, I bring my surfboard in case the waves are good.

I never liked hiking that much. I discovered mountain biking first so I usually think hiking is too slow and boring. That said, I hiked the southernmost 40 miles of the Appalachian Trail when I was in the Boy Scouts and had a great time. Go with cool people and make sure you know where to get water.
>>
>>24750752
Those are cute as fuck, anon.
>>
>>24749316
I grow a colony of cockroaches until winter time,and then leave my windows open and never use any heat and freeze them all to death.
It makes me feel like God, creating and destroying as I please.
>>
>>24750752
Are those like rubbers or clay? either way I think it's a nice hobby and you won't be laughed at by me at least.
>>
>>24750361
how did you find big ol' pincher beetles?
>>
File: 1443848426527.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443848426527.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>24750467
>In battle, I put the two figures on a stool, which was placed on top of my bed. I then shook the stool. Whenever a figure fell off, it would lose a health point.

Michael J. Fox is that you
>>
File: flying hellfish.jpg (26 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
flying hellfish.jpg
26 KB, 384x288
>>24750752
I'm not going to make fun of you, bro.

you combine ceramics and clay with a fantasy world with a self-conceived turn-based strategy game

that's some impressive brainin' right there
>>
File: 1444774260874s.jpg (9 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1444774260874s.jpg
9 KB, 246x250
>>24750807
i think i got my original two at an expo or something im pretty sure you can buy the larvae online and raise them like that but idk just how safe that is- im sure some pet stores sell them too
>>
>>24750752

>The one shaped like a weasel

Is that one Israel?
>>
>>24750752
even the little clay figures are original- i respect it
>>
>>24750799
Its just typical air dry clay. Crayola, I think.
>>
>>24750891
Anon, do you have any idea how adorable you sound?
>>
>>24750891
Anon, would you post a pic of yourself?
>>
Guns, lifting, collecting anime figures. Video games too.
>>
File: 1391482590391.gif (1023 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1391482590391.gif
1023 KB, 500x383
cute thread anons, keep it up, proud of you
>>
File: 10346897.jpg (73 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
10346897.jpg
73 KB, 300x300
>>24750988
can you show me some of your figures? i want to put some on my desk
pic related
>>
Man I didn't know these threads were so good until now. Comfy and friendly, aye.
>>
File: 1447187712959.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1447187712959.png
803 KB, 1100x700
>>24750524
I bought some Marvel stuff when Secret Wars came out. I like the X-men so I bought some of Bendis' Uncanny X-men. Not amazing, but it's not as horrific as everyone told me it would be. I bought a couple of trades of Chew, which are pretty entertaining. I'm trying to branch out and read other stuff so I bought some Wolf, Airboy, and The Book of Death. I'm like 5 issues behind on the Walking Dead. I have some DC trades, like V for Vendetta, Watchmen, the Long Halloween. I like some of DC's older stuff but I can't really get into the new 52, other than Batman. I read some of the new Justice League stuff but it was kinda meh. I heard Multiversity is good, so I bought the first issue but haven't gotten the time to read it yet.
>>
File: itsme.jpg (113 KB, 888x960) Image search: [Google]
itsme.jpg
113 KB, 888x960
>>24750975
>>24750911
honestly i probably shouldn't, but fuck it.
inb4 >>soc
>>
File: 1441999763641.gif (1 MB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
1441999763641.gif
1 MB, 615x346
Mostly sailing, some casual reading
>>
File: Trawlbloods.png (766 KB, 1040x516) Image search: [Google]
Trawlbloods.png
766 KB, 1040x516
Miniatures are my thing
>>
paintball
>>
>>24751122
Are they expensive? I've always wanted to start collecting but never got around to it.
>>
File: 94967.jpg (28 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
94967.jpg
28 KB, 500x303
>>24751112
Are you in the red hoodie?
is that you Todd?
>>
>>24751129
ive only been a few times do you play on a team?
>>
I'm starting to draw but I'm no good right now.
I-ill get better wont i?
>>
File: hobby.png (131 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
hobby.png
131 KB, 2560x1080
I'm also into firearms (mostly ones older than me)

I wish I had a hobby that I could actually show other people.
>>
>>24751112
HEARTTHROB
>>
>>24750467
>>24750752
>>24751112
you are the hero /tg/ deserves
>>
>>24751196
I don't get.
>>
File: WP_20151010_23_37_13_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151010_23_37_13_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>24751038
Here's the secret: /r9k/ is actually two boards. The main board that everyone usually sees. It's full of hate and "memes".

Then there's the secret board underneath called /nah/ (Stands for Not AssHoles.) It seems you've stumbled into the secret board. But don't worry. You can stay. :^)
>>
>>24751052
>I like some of DC's older stuff
How much older? I forgot on my list to add a tpb of "the greatest joker stories ever told", a collection of batman stories from the jokers first appearance up to about the late 80s.

pretty good
interesting cross section so you can see which eras resonate with you the most so you can look for stuff of the same decade/writer/penciller/etc.
>>
File: 3.jpg (435 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
435 KB, 1080x810
>>24751158
Yes. If you take your time and buy things piece by piece it's not bad. Treat it less like a game and more like a hobby and you won't hit that money wall as fast.

I was only able to really afford it because I worked at one of the large companies (Privateer Press) and got $70 worth of free stuff every paycheck.

It was also cool that I could then contact other people at other game companies and work out trades. Got Diablo 3 for free from Blizzard after doing a trade with them for miniatures. Would make trades with Wizards of the Coast for a Fat Pack every new edition
>>
>>24751250
But, like, I prefer the likes of these 1000 times better.
>>
File: DSC_0111.jpg (325 KB, 922x1383) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0111.jpg
325 KB, 922x1383
>>24749316
I like to build neat LEGO sculptures from my imagination. Wish there were other people in my area who liked LEGO, it's such a great system. Gunpla is cool too OP, been thinking about getting into that.

Here is a giant rawbutt I made from scratch.
>>
>>24751292
Yeah! Do you remember /fpg/? Frozen Pizza General. Where people would come to discuss neet food and whatever they were up to that night.

Or back when we had recommendation threads. Where you would say "what should I watch on Netflix?"

/r9k/ needs a sfw/feelgood equivalent.
>>
>>24751334
I've always wanted to collect vintage lego sets. Nowadays they only make third-party Avengers/Harry Potter/Star Wars shit, but the old sets were fuckin tight.
>>
>>24751344
/comfy/ board when?
>>
File: paintball001.jpg (56 KB, 616x616) Image search: [Google]
paintball001.jpg
56 KB, 616x616
>>24751183
Yes, very fun. Got picked up by a new team, going to practice this weekend.
>>
>>24751242
Home server stuff.

tl;dr I have an overly sophisticated network because it's what I do. There are 3 physical servers and 6 virtual all doing something be it critical network services or simply a media server.
>>
>>24751344
I don't think I remember those. I mean, I might have seen them but I pay close to no mind whatsoever to what doesn't catch my attention.

>>24751382
Oh shit nice, that sounds so unnecessarily fancy and cool. Is that just for fun or it serves a purpose? Legit question, not tryina be a douche.
>>
>>24751257
I wanted to get into Flames but there were 2 people who played at my LFGS and the both played late war exclusively and i wanted toplay early.
>>
File: ton8egtZcN1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg (359 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
ton8egtZcN1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg
359 KB, 960x1280
>>24751344
I miss seagull guy. His threads were so comfy for late night studying. I hope he is well
>>
>>24751382
tell us everything about it i want to know
>>
>>24751372
This!

Where do we make a request for a board. Seriously?
>>
I collect comic books, keep busy with my cars sometimes. Play vidya, and write in my journal sometimes. I'm trying to learn calligraphy
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 444x444
>>24750467
I know that this post should feel sad but honestly I'm just impressed. Kudos man sounds like a fun game.
>>
>>24751254
Stuff like Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Dark Knight Returns, Year One. I don't know older DC comics had this weird cozy feeling that I can't really explain. What comics do you like anon? I like the Walking Dead, don't watch the TV show though. The first 50 or so issues of it were masterful. It's good now but doesn't really have that same feeling of dread that permeated the first couple of trades. All the characters feel so safe. I also bought Anthony Bourdian's Get Jiro. I like Anthony Bourdain's shows but hated the comic.Chew is pretty good too imo.
>>
>>24751468
thats exactly what i'm saying
>>
File: 6.jpg (310 KB, 1223x969) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
310 KB, 1223x969
>>24751427
Maybe propose a beginner league type thing. Start the first week at games with only enough points for one or two things. Then add a thing each week. If they're interested in starting Early war this is a good way for them to do it slowly, or you can start Late War if you want to compromise

Also, since the company I worked for was in Bellevue along with Steam, we got invited to play some miniatures there with the people that played our game
>>
>>24751499
>>24751427
Hey, whats Flames?
>>
File: Baby Shark.jpg (486 KB, 1060x1600) Image search: [Google]
Baby Shark.jpg
486 KB, 1060x1600
I like this thread a lot. We talk about stuff we like to do and everyone is being so kind to one another. We should do this more often.
>>
>>24751452
A board probably wouldn't go anywhere. It probably just makes more sense to continue making threads here.
>>
File: network (1).png (84 KB, 1083x1313) Image search: [Google]
network (1).png
84 KB, 1083x1313
>>24751415
>>24751435
It was first set up for school, but fuck windows server and it's licensing. So I switched to free alternatives for most of it. I still have a windows server, but I am growing tired of it's bullshit and want to replace it.

Pic related is an old diagram without proper names.

T3500 is my windows server. 2x E5440 Xeons (8 cores total) and 8 GB of ECC RAM. It's job is mostly file storage, but also serves as a PLEX server for the family.

T5400 is my main ESXi server. 1x W3670 Xeon (6 cores/12 Threads) and 12 GB of RAM. This virtualizes my small hoard of Debian servers.

The Apple PowerMac G5 is my webserver. It's now 10 years old and still kicking.

Pixie Dust is my ESXi machine that I expierment on. Bad things happen on that machine. It's called pixie dust because that is what is holding that poor thing together.

Hash Cat is my old gaming computer used to brute force hashes.

All of my proper machines have a name of BOT-XXY. XX is a number like 04 or 15. Y is the type. V is virtual, S is server, D is desktop and so on.

>tell us everything about it i want to know
How much of everything do you want? I can go on and on.
>>
>>24751567
You're probably right.

I love you, /comfy/ bros... You're the reason I've come to 4chan sense 06
>>
>>24751599
please go on an on anon (huehue)
>>
File: 8.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>24751540
Flames of War is a 10mm scale World War II miniatures game
>>
File: image%3A6456.png (248 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image%3A6456.png
248 KB, 960x540
3d modeling of course, I can sink 20 hours into it just like that
>>
>>24751599
Just share whatever you find interesting. Foreal. You're oddly easy to follow with this stuff...
>>
>>24751599
>netgear
Scum
I kid, all jokes aside, I wish I had money to blow on this shit, all I have is some proliant from 2005 and a xserve, and a shitty cisco switch. Nice setup man
>>
>>24751599
i dont know anything about networking but it looks like you do!
whats the difference between a PLEX server and an ESXi one?
>>
>>24751620
My dad plays Flames of War! It looks so cool.
>>
>>24751620
Fuck I wish I could play something like that. Having friends might be nice once in a while.

I have like 10 tabletop wargames that I've never even played.
>>
I like to do shitty art of cartoon animals
>>
>>24751648
ESXi, is virtualzation software, and PLEX is for movies and streaming stuff to a tv (like a kickass apple tv)
>>
>>24751682
... Like Mickey Mouse?
>>
File: 9.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>24751669
What city do you live in? Going to a LGS can be great for getting some socializing in, and the people there have no reason to judge so it's a low stress environment (your experience may vary). I'm lucky to live in an area completely saturated with gaming stores, so I have one store that is nothing but historicals full of old guys and grognards where I play Flames, then there's the more modern store that I get my Warmachine fix at

>>24751662
Do you ever play with him? It's really fun
>>
>>24751722
Nah just random sketches. I'm total shit at it but it makes me happy to try to make cute things.
Maybe one day I'll be good
>>
>>24751486
I know what you mean about the cozy feel. That's the main reason I like New Gods and Camelot 3000 aside. The aesthetic of it, the grain of the paper, etc. Feels familiar to me. It makes me feel the same way I feel when I listen to This American Life.

I haven't ever bothered to read TWD. I watched some of the TV show and didn't really care for it. I'm not really into zombie stuff. Permeating sense of dread is great though.

I like the dorky nature comics, mostly DC stuff: animal man and swamp thing and aqua man and other nature shit

I also really like Doctor Strange in concept; I've never read any of the books but have been researching a good arc or series to jump in and get started. It's hard because there aren't many collections other than some Marvel Masterworks thing that costs $300USD

They released a Doctor Strange animated movie a couple years back that was pretty good.

I also like Hellboy and lately have been regretting giving away a few of my trades of that.

A friend also got me into Chester Brown, who did a mostly-wordless biography of Louis Riel and a memoir comic R. Crumb kind of thing about his experiences with escorts.

I've also been wanting to get into Jodorowsky's comic writing, like the Incal, which he did with Moebius
>>
>>24751620
thats so cool how often do you play with others? i feel like id like this more than Warhammer and stuff- i like building model tanks- Girls Und Panzer is my favorite
>>
>>24751662
your dad sounds cool as shit
>>
>>24751738
is there any way i can see?
>>
>>24751795
You'll laugh anon...
I'm still new at this and they're just terrible
>>
>>24751731
this picture in particular is so nice
>>
Cooking, herpetoculture, insect breeding, video games, animation (watching/learning about, not doing), sewing, coffee stuff

OP, if you're still there, do you sell at all? Would love to buy a larger beetle.
>>
File: 10.jpg (838 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
838 KB, 1632x1224
>>24751766
I don't play any more but people meet up once or a few times a week. Thursday was the day at the historical store where you can come in and get a game of Flames of War with someone, and if there was an odd man out they were usually hosting games on the big table like the pic above where anybody could join in.

It was really fun and I miss it, but I've lost motivation to do anything these last few years and even though I'm fully aware of the problem I'm just too lazy to fix it.

Luckily I have pictures!

>>24751817
This was a different game, Bolt Action. These use 28mm figures the same as 40k I believe, so the tanks and scenery are also larger to match. I never got in to this game even though I have the starter set in my closet. Never managed to finish it up
>>
>>24751731
You know, I don't. But I think I might see if he wants to teach me how to play, this weekend. I haven't talked to him in a while.

He used to be heavily into older war games, too. (He actually got me in to role playing games.) There was one, where each player was a different individual in this little Russian village, and you had to do tasks related to your character.

Each task became important at the end of the game when a battle broke out. For instance, if the guy with the ammunitions truck didn't deliver all of the ammo, someone might be short when the fight started.
>>
Praising ultralord
>>
>>24751638
Tfw completely ignored, oh well
>>
File: images-3.jpg (11 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
11 KB, 205x246
>>24751860
We won't ignore you ultralord is there for you
>>
>>24751638
>>24751860
>tfw
I have a massive hard on for low poly. I don't know if its from being from the N64/PSX or all the time I spent with runescape but damn it always has a nice charm too it.
>>
>>24751780
My dad's a super cool, old vet. He's super laid back. He just sits around, smoking cigarettes, watching war movies, and playing guitar.

Occasionally, he gets his friends to come over, and they play war games or poker.
>>
File: 2.jpg (358 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
358 KB, 1080x810
>>24751848
That's really cool, sounds like a fun game and I'd like to know the name of it!

I wish my dad had the interest in miniatures that I did. If I were you I'd love the opportunity to get modelling advice from my dad, and to build an army to go against him. Do you know what he plays specifically? Do you know what you would want to play?
>>
>>24751877
I only praise Christmas and Christmas accessories tho
>>
File: 1409959984823.png (38 KB, 442x313) Image search: [Google]
1409959984823.png
38 KB, 442x313
I play guitar and do recreational substances
>>
>>24751613
Alright, you brought this on yourself.

Let's list the bots that are currently in service then

>BOT-01D
My main desktop/workstation. Used to do school work and normal stuff. The biggest waste of resources since it has the most ram and newest hardware, but hosting nothing and hosts only one OS.

>BOT-02L
My surface pro 2. Just for night time 4chan browsing.

>BOT-03L
Thinkpad T420. Used mostly at school.

>BOT-04S
My windows server. Again mostly storage and media server, but also does DNS and has the ability to host virtual machines if needed.

>BOT-05S
My main ESXi work horse. Has a 10 gigabit connection to the other BOT-04S

Now it get's interesting...

>BOT-06V
Just a 2GB minecraft server. Just for family and their friends (I have none)

>BOT-07V
My network security bot. Does network scans to make sure that nothing funny is going down.

>BOT-08V
My FTP bot. Used to setup more bots when needed. It houses pre-made configuration files that I move to fresh installs

>BOT-10S
My G5 webserver. Not available to the public anymore because I don't want to draw too much attention to my home network.

>BOT-11V
The only thing this bot does is handle SSH connections to my network. As such it is a little bit more hardened.

>BOT-12M
An old phone I use for war driving

>BOT-13V
My firewall to protect/contain my internet facing bots. The firewall is setup so that they cannot communicate with hosts connected to the main network.

>BOT-14V
A back-up webserver for when (not if) BOT-10S dies, but I need to find a new job for it

>BOT-15V
A rented VPS from digital ocean. I use that for webhosting now because their network is better than mine.

>BOT-16V
My personal PLEX server with only stuff I like on it. I got tired of digging through the terabyte of shit my family has

replies to comments coming up next (too long)
>>
programming, baking, cooking, and gardening.
>>
>>24751842
what is herpetoculture?
what are some of your favorite animations (shows shorts whatever) im really into animation too (i dont make it either)
>>
File: 11.jpg (829 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
829 KB, 1632x1224
>>24751906
Do you write your own music? Do you have a soundcloud?

>tfw discovering new artists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3KrhiMMfrU
>>
>>24751431
Please, kind anon, post more of that gorgeous semen demon. Thank you.
>>
>>24751937
I do but I don't have a serious bandcamp or anything. Just started a new album, still writing the material. My electric guitar got stolen so I gotta look for a new one.
>>
>>24751906
Pretty sure drug abuse isn't a hobby. Not that I'm criticizing it, I do drugs all the time (tonight's my first sober night in a long time). But it's not really a hobby. Maybe if you were doing some small time chemistry or botany involving that subject, but just consuming them isn't really, unless you're some kind of weed connoisseur or truly dedicated psychonaut.
>>
>>24751928
i started a garden in my backyard and i grow my own produce most of the year its only me in the house so it saves me some money also really relaxing wouldnt you agree?
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 720x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 720x469
I rock climb, write, and I enjoy photography.
On a side note this thread has been fucking gold, everybody is being chill and nice. No one is bitching about chad's or stacey's, no one is talking about suicide or mass shootings. This is the sort of thing r9k needs.
>>
File: servers.jpg (907 KB, 1728x2592) Image search: [Google]
servers.jpg
907 KB, 1728x2592
>>24751644
I've been multiple times that I should be a teacher.

>>24751646
Yeah I wish I had proper network equipment, but steel boxes are expensive to get shipped this far north

>>24751648
ESXi allows me to run multiple operating systems on one computer.
PLEX is a media server.

>>24751638
I liked 3d modeling, but for some reason I could never get things to be proportional as such everything looked odd.
>>
>>24749316
i buy sell trade and shoot guns, my collection is modest but good
>M16A4 clone
>Browning Hi-Power
>CZ 75 Pre-B
pic related
>Moist nugget
>sawed off shotgun
>>
>>24751191
I promise Anon, you will get better the more you practice and learn. :) I've been drawing since I was in fifth grade, I took really long pauses where I wouldn't draw and I made no progress so I'm at a shitty state of artfaggery, but it's all in the practice! You can do it! Don't give up.
>>
>>24751934
Reptile keeping/breeding/vivarium building.

My favorites are Tekkonkinkreet, Secret of NIMH, Mind Game, and When the Wind Blows. What are your favorites?
>>
>>24751986
Just in case, don't jinx it.
>>
>>24751963
Well it's what I spend most of my time and efforts doing so I consider it one. Most of the stuff I do I do to get more drugs.
>>
File: mr5925wSau1qzt48xo1_1280.png (548 KB, 509x679) Image search: [Google]
mr5925wSau1qzt48xo1_1280.png
548 KB, 509x679
>>24751943
I don't want to derail the thread. Google Shmegeh
>>
>>24751889
You know, I'm not sure. I know that he has a lot of different pieces... Like, from different units. I also know that he mostly doesn't use "official" miniatures for the game.

Like, there have been times where we've been at a flea market or a thrift store and he sees army men or a tank, and he breaks out one of those keychain measuring tapes, and we all kind of snicker at him while he squints and nods silently.

I'll text him and ask if he'll send me some pictures to share. His pieces look cool as fuck.
>>
>>24751991
Do you post on home server general on /g/?
>steel boxes
?
>>
i have a toad
>>
>>24751928
Ever made bagels? I fucking love fresh homemade poppy seed bagels.
>>
>>24751191
I have personally not read this thing yet but in case it helps, here: http://hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn
Have this
>>
>>24751974
i would my green thumbed friend
>>
>>24751963
>>24752012
I also do a lot of reading different psychonaut stuff (esoteric literature and psychedelic neurobiology) and thinking about things that happens to me while I'm under the influence, have a whole notebook of stuff written down.
>>
>>24751886
It does look like a fun escape model even tho its smoothed as hell. I think it's the simplicity
>>
>>24749316
i draw, roleplay (the writing kind, super creepy, i know), watch cartoons, write fanfiction or poetry and want to pick up in reading. i like reading but i don't do it often enough but i want to get back to my book devouring state when i was more of an antisocial robot.

i also enjoy cooking, though i usually follow recipes.
>>
>>24752012
Fair enough. I know how that life goes, I'm living it.

Come on, fucking mail needs to get here already so I can stop being sober.
>>
>>24752062
>i want to get back to my book devouring state when i was more of an antisocial robot.
That's funny, the opposite thing happens to me: when I'm a hermit, I slowly lose things that require discipline/concentration, like reading. When I'm busy and social, I am more motivated to read.
>>
>>24751995
>sawed off shotgun
Hello ATF
>>
>>24752037
I'm not them, but yeah, i've made bagels before. I prefered to make pretzel bread to bagels though, it's a similar process.

Can't do that shit anymore though, my fucking husband got celiac.
>>
>>24751991
>>24751991
That's an odd problem, I do box modeling so everything naturally ends up the propper shape even to mostly I just model one character and that's it
>>
>>24752089
Do you do pretzels the old fashioned way with the lye and everything? I want to try doing that eventually.
>>
>>24752088
its a stevens 520, damn barrel on it is like 20 inches, OAL is pretty damn long, above 36 inches
>>
Pyrography, wood carving, (want to get into bone carving), I also enjoy working with polymer clay to make sculptures, hate the smell when it bakes so they normally don't last. I also write and draw. Honestly, I have so many hobbies to keep myselg occupied so I don't start thinking about shitty stuff.
>>
>>24752035
What's his or her name?
>>
>>24752075
I hate waiting for the mail, I get most of my drugs through it and it's always a pain in the ass. My roommates always ask why I get so much mail and I tell them it's packages from my grandma.
>>
>>24752089
That fuckin' sucks.

What else do you like to bake?
>>
>>24752107
No, I did soft pretzels. My uncle runs a proper pretzel business, though. Makes his own hard pretzels, coats them in chocolate, and sells them. They're amazing.
>>
File: AR180FlashHider.png (43 KB, 387x618) Image search: [Google]
AR180FlashHider.png
43 KB, 387x618
>>24752029
Used to wanna-be enterprise fags ruin it.

>?
Servers and proper networking gear are essentially steel boxes with expensive guts. Companies will refuse to ship them or charge $100+ So I have to make due with what I can get. Which is nothing but dumb switches, consumer routers and workstations. I would love cisco gear. I haven't used my CCNA knowledge in a while.

>>24752091
It also happens with every art form. Drawing, painting hell even origami turns out weird when I do it. The only way I can get things to look right is when I crack out the calipers and ruler and measure. There very well may be something wrong with me.
>>
>>24752137
Ha, nice. I've got weed, benzo's, and MDMA en route, but the fucking dope man is taking way too long to ship me shit.

Nothing to see here, DEA.
>>
Playing bass, when I heard Primus when I was 12 I knew that's what I wanted to do someday, I like to bike ride as well mostly for losing weight and collecting vinyl
>>
>>24752021
Thank you m8.

And on topic; my hobbies are herpetology (with a focus on HOTs and crocodilians), and just in general researching sustainable living/improving my life day by day.
>>
Petition to make a /hb/ thread daily, let's make it a thing. Comfy and friendly.
>>
>>24752154
If some part is out of shape you can just scale it tho. My heads 8 out of 10 times end up missshapen u til I scale them
>>
>>24752154
Why don't you just make a nice switch with freebsd and a few 4 port gigabit pcie cards and maybe some fiber? Better then those piece of shit netgear ones.
>>
>>24749316
Well i like programming and playing around with electronics
Pic related, currently modding my cousin's RC car to run on IR remotes
Man i wish i could get a job where i make cool stuff.....
>tfw highschool dropout
>>
>>24751974
I wish I had a yard though. Only have a small container garden and for other stuff I grow it at a family member's house.

>>24752037
>bagels
nope, I've wanted to. I bake stuff like bread, pizza, cookies, and cakes.
>>
>>24752086
i find that i just want to read more because i realized i'm wasting time by not doing it and it sort of gives me anxiety. at the same time, i'm on my phone most of the time, and i am interacting with others as well. i just wish i didn't feel the need to reach out as much as i do.

what do you enjoy reading?
>>
File: 1407834727687.png (124 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1407834727687.png
124 KB, 800x800
>>24752037
You should give me the morphine latex from those poppy plants, senpai.
>>
File: 4.jpg (356 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
356 KB, 1080x810
>>24752024
>Like, there have been times where we've been at a flea market or a thrift store and he sees army men or a tank, and he breaks out one of those keychain measuring tapes, and we all kind of snicker at him while he squints and nods silently.

That's badass! As long as the scale matches up anything is good to go, and some companies offer varying levels of quality/poses/units. Even stuff that may seem unrelated could be used in the hobby, such as for terrain.
>>
>>24750467
Man i used to play with figurines like this in my late teens. It was fun as fuck, reading all that makes me want to start again
>>
>>24752196
You should try doing it, it's not that hard. Just make sure you boil them first. I'd suggest doing the boiling in honey water, that's how they do it in Montreal.
>>
>>24752154
What's that supposed to be? You know modeling objects and modeling characters is way different you should try with a character instead
>>
File: 1448522644214.1.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448522644214.1.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
>>24752139
Challah was my favorite thing to bake. I had that recipe down to a science.

I don't seem to have a picture of my last loaf on the PC, but I do have a pic of some pumpkin rolls I made for Thanksgiving. Apartment was too cold for the bread to properly rise and I should have done an egg wash, but they tasted fine and impressed the guests, so that's all I care about.
>>
>>24752213
The only reason I had poppy seeds on hand was that I had five pounds of seeds for tea.
>>
>>24752216
We only ever stopped because it was "socially unacceptable to play with toys". It's even better now, because you can buy them yourself and get whatever you want.
>>
I play bass a little bit, listen to podcasts, and play vidya. I wish I had more hobbies but I'm just too lazy...
>>
File: crabfront.jpg (293 KB, 955x1600) Image search: [Google]
crabfront.jpg
293 KB, 955x1600
>>24752210
Non-fiction (mostly historical, American Civil War stuff) and psychedelic 60s and 70s science fiction.

I guess a hobby I could share in this thread is getting stoned and going to one of the handful of secondhand book stores downtown (nice walk to downtown while I smoke my joint) and browse the science fiction section for freaky paperbacks.

The only rules are they have to be published before 1985, they have to be less than 200 pages (so I can read them relatively quick; 200 pages takes 5 days or so for me because I'm a slow reader), and cost less than $4.

I've been taking notes on the books I've read and I'm going to scan all the covers and make a tumblr blog where I review weird science fiction.

Last one I read was this one by Emil Petaja about time-space gas and giant other-dimensional crabs that eat humans. It was pretty grotesque and visceral in parts.
>>
File: 5.jpg (437 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
437 KB, 1080x810
>>24752265
Plastic army men are so cheap
>>
I like motorcycles and programming. I got an 07 KLR 650 a few days ago, pretty fun so far.
>>
>>24752195
what are IR remotes senpai?
>>
>>24752316
If you like other-dimensional crabs and weird extremely grotesque stuff at times entering the realm of outright disgusting and genuinely distasteful, you should read some Burroughs. Shit gets weird. Weirder than any other books I've ever read.
>>
>>24752230
sure, I will definitely look into making some bagels the next time.
>>
>>24752335
A few years ago, when I was in my early 20s, I bought two big bags of army men with tanks and jeeps and jets for $4 from Toys R Us. I had two 90 piece sets.

I spent weeks setting them up and moving furniture changing the battlefield layout. I used my houseplants a lot.

My girlfriend was a photographer and she came over and took these pretty badass shots of the army men in the plants and stuff. She wanted to put it together as a series or exhibit at one point, these arty pictures of plastic army men set up in my house.
>>
>>24751129
>want to play paintball, seems fun as fuck
>no friends to play with
>>
>>24752390
im sure if you do some poking around online and at the nearest paintball arena you can find a pick up game to hop in on or maybe even join a team- never give up and always get better.
>>
>>24752384
I've never read any Burroughs but I'm not much of a fan of the beats in general and Burroughs seems to me like the beatiest beat of all so I don't know.

I've seen the Cronenberg adaptation of Naked Lunch because my dad was crazy about the book and movie but that's the extent of my direct experience with Burroughs.

But yeah, a lot of late-60s-early-80s new wave science fiction was influenced by Burroughs and the cut up technique and so on so that's a very thoughtful suggestion, thank you :)
>>
>>24752383
Just the normal remote to control your TV with, I meant remotes with IR LEDs
IR is infrared
Basically after i finish this mod, cousin's RC car will run on TV remotes
>>
File: AR 180 Artsy.jpg (802 KB, 2000x839) Image search: [Google]
AR 180 Artsy.jpg
802 KB, 2000x839
>>24752192
It's on the books.

>>24752232
That's an AR180 flash hider (my other autistic interest).

I can't do organic things, again they just turn out weird. If I do 3d modeling nowadays it is closer to CAD/CAM.
>>
>>24752390
Yeah, there are paintball venues that do rentals, where you can team up and play on weekends.

I friend of mine quit his job because he wanted to open one. His boss laughed, and his family was mad.

Turned out to be really popular. It's been open for two years, now. And he expanded, this year. So I'd say it's still doing really well.

Plus, any hobby where you can make new friends is cool.
>>
>>24752438
IR= Infrared I shouldve just put two and two together

what are the benefits of using Ir remotes or is it just for funzies?
>>
File: b_000000002339.jpg (157 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
b_000000002339.jpg
157 KB, 1000x750
>>24752389
The hobby gets pretty artistic. I worked with the guy who made this
>>
>>24752467
>what are the benefits of using Ir remotes or is it just for funzies?
mainly for fun but the RC remote that originally came with the car is a battery monster and eats AAA like there's no tomorrow. TV remotes are everywhere and consume little battery
>>
File: 1404603187541.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1404603187541.png
121 KB, 250x418
>>24751995

how much did you get your pre-b for, and how much?
>>
>>24752195
That's pretty cool anon. I didn't finish high school either. I write pointless shit for PIC microcontrollers sometimes.
>>
>>24752524

oops, i meant how much, and where at?
>>
File: IMG_20151024_162036415_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151024_162036415_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Who here likes taking shitty pretentious photographs?
>>
>>24749316
martial arts and wildcraft mainly, but also a million other things I've put on the backlog until I have the time to pursue them properly.
>>
>>24749316
I make video games. I've been programming for years and I've made rudimentary text games before but I just got into making full-fledged games with art and music and everything in August. It's fun I guess. Earlier today I solved two bugs that have been bothering me for a month and it feels pretty good.
>>
>>24752911
Screenshot of any of your games plox
I want to see what kind of stuff individual developers make
>>
>>24752911
>those bugs
what were them?
>>
>>24752794
I like photos like these, always convey a certain feeling. Not sure what that feeling is called, though. Melancholy? maybe.
>>
File: weh5yd.jpg (161 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
weh5yd.jpg
161 KB, 800x600
>>24749316
Is that your beetle in the OP. dawg? How long do they live as an adult? I'd be interested in such a hobby if i wasn't such a pissbroke NEET loser ; ;. I heard you can get them far bigger than can be done in the wild due to breeding and special feeding. What is their exact diet? I heard of special jellies n shit Japs feed them.

Anyway, back when I had a jerb I raised exotic mantids, quite a few species too. Right now I'm getting into winemaking, but as a poorfag, I'm limited to basically prisonwine. I do have real wine yeast, but I brew in empty plastic juice containers with the lid slightly unscrewed, or with larger batches, a huge pot with a towel covering it. I also used to grow weed(In my parents house). I eventually had to stop because they caught on.....

pic related. my stash at its peak.
>>
>>24752978
I think it conveys the feeling of getting robbed trying to buy drugs and then wandering around a park for three hours waiting for the bus home.
>>
File: ambition.png (20 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
ambition.png
20 KB, 750x750
>>24752938
O-oh

I'm not good at making games, I only started in August and I can't do graphics and the only finished projects I have were done for game jams so like I don't have anything good to show off.

Here's something I made for a game jam at my school in September though - it's a strategy game about New Jersey. I hope nobody who knows me is here.

>>24752944
So I am working on a typing game. Entirely in browser, fuck I hate javascript why did I decide to do this. Anyway, firefox has this annoying default behavior where if you hit the apostrophe and you don't have anything in focus, it'll open up a "quick search" bar and eat all your input. So if you have to type an apostrophe, it completely fucks you up. The second glitch I fixed today is one where typing too fast would cause it to not be able to reset what keys it's listening for until after it re-bound movement to arrow keys after a text passage, so basically you'd finish typing and then be stuck in place forever.
>>
>>24752998
So... melancholy?
>>
>>24753016
>I only started in August and I can't do graphics and the only finished projects I have were done for game jams so like I don't have anything good to show off
who cares man, you make games and you enjoy making them. Thats it
>>
>>24753030
More or less. But with a bit extra self hatred.
>>
>>24750467
I'm making a miniatures game and what you described is absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>24753042
Yeah, I just wish I were better at it. There are guys I know who can make like, "sell this for money"-quality games in the same amount of time it took me to make that piece of shit strategy game.
>>
>>24753016
Nice, i understood nothing but it just makes me happy to see people live up whatever they love and are passionate about.
>>
>>24752909
What martial art?
>>
making music and dark souls/dark souls 2
>>
>>24753121
what kinda music
also is your name by any chance gabriel?
>>
>>24753105
Black belt in karate
Now I'm working on traditional jujutsu and trying to start a HEMA group
Also working on knife-throwing and archery
Then I'm hoping to learn some BJJ before trying my hand at MMA.
After that maybe learn some judo, taijiquan and capoeria before diving headlong into more weapons training.
Escrima/Silat, Kobudo, Jian Shu, Kassai Archery and Jousting
Finally I'll open a martial arts academy and declare martial law in my new spartan city-state.
>>
>>24753334
>Finally I'll open a martial arts academy and declare martial law in my new spartan city-state.
Any plans for a name?
>>
File: fpv-quadcopter.jpg (149 KB, 807x566) Image search: [Google]
fpv-quadcopter.jpg
149 KB, 807x566
>lose my job just as I discover quadcopters
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.