[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got likely letters from Cornell and Northwestern and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I got likely letters from Cornell and Northwestern and I'm basically guaranteed to get accepted to Emory. Which has the best reputation and where should I go?

All three would cost about the same. Athlete, so big scholarship money. Cornell is in the middle of nowhere in Ithaca while NU and Emory are right next to major cities although Chicago > ATL
>>
Cornell for them suicidal chicks.
>>
>>24745453
> rich
> smart

NORMIES GET OUT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
cornell and northwestern are both better than emory

i've visited friends at cornell, the campus is really nice, but yeah it is in the middle of nowhere and outside of the university there isnt anything else around

chicago is like the worst city in america nowadays as far as violence is concerned

i'd say go to cornell

disclosure: i got rejected from cornell
>>
>>24745453

Cornell or Northwestern, whichever is cheaper

These schools will give you better connections and post-grad employment opportunities.NW is basically in Chicago, so lots of intern and job opportunities. And an Ivy League degree will open up opportunities anywhere in the country if you choose Cornell. Personally I'd choose NW if you're an athlete. Cornell is garbage in most sports, althoguh I don't knwo what you play.

Emory is a great school but not Cornell or NW good.
>>
>>24745894

Northwestern is in the nigger-free part of Chicago.
>>
all those schools are third tier toilets

t. Graduate of USNews top 5
>>
>>24745963
Yeah I was salty I couldn't get into a T10. I wasn't a good enough Athlete for Duke and Stanford, not smart enough for HYPM, no way in Hell I'm going to the awful Columbia, JHU, or Uchicago, and for some reason Penn just didn't think I was cool enough :(
>>
>went to top school
>ignored in favor of better students
>transfer to lesser school
>school pays me to fuck around and all my professors write me great recommendations so I get every job I apply for
Enjoy the top 5 meme though
>>
>>24745453
Silly anon, your decision should be almost entirely based on the major that you will study. What's your pleasure anon?
>>
>>24746175
i disagree
unless you're looking to enter a really niche field your major doesn't matter too much
connections are far more important than if cornell has a better chemistry program than northwestern, or whatever
>>
>>24746244
Connections are important, and certainly connections in a better school help more. But picking a better school in terms of what you will be studying is substantially more important. The reason why I chose the school that I did was because it was far better ranked in the major I was going to study than any other that I got into. If I had gone to any other school, I wouldn't have gotten the experiences that are allowing me to go to grad school next year.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.