[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /poet/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: pottery.png (79 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
pottery.png
79 KB, 425x282
Among all you emotional NEETs with nothing to do all day, there must be some poets.
What do you write about? Do you write thoughtful verses or disgusting un-rhymed abstract shit? Do you ever put it to music?

>inb4 "you walk her to class, chad fucks her ass" couplets
>>
File: 1447600266290.jpg (16 KB, 252x317) Image search: [Google]
1447600266290.jpg
16 KB, 252x317
>>24744091
You help her with banking, she helps Chad with wanking
>>
>>24744091
I write lyric poems.
>>
If I still had the will,
would I write,
but no thrill
comes anymore
from living the dark day.

That's all the effort I'll put into it. Poetry's the fucking bomb, and I'm not the worst at it, but I just can't pass the barrier of effort to try.
>>
In a recent poetry thread, my definition of success was maintaining metre and avoiding etymologically related rhymes ('might'/'sight'). I succeeded, but only at that.
>>
>>24745836
Also, I hate people like >>24745810 who think poetry can not rhyme. You're just appropriating the term to refer to your lazy efforts. I hate people who appropriate terms.
>>
taste my virgin shitty ass beta fire.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s19J5kCZw6E8
>>
>>24745870
Not saying rhyming is bad, but i think it restricts language.
>>
>>24745896
>i think it restricts language

Ever crossed your mind that that's the point? There must be *some* discriminators of poetry for the term to have any meaning. You can't create a term for an elevated form of expression, then proceed to strip it of all that made it such, and pretend it's still elevated.
>>
>>24745922
why would you want to restrict language?
>>
I've lost the fight
to wack down the man
on robot's chan;
I've called a night
to effort beyond base,
put some shit on paper
and call it a case,
Holmes, your taper
looks fatter than once
it was, you're sliding
down the trail of dunce
hat wearing, hiding
robots with naught
but nooses taut,
expecting a record
breaker, but checkered
are no flags
that wait for such hags.
>>
>>24745944
Again, because poetry that has no restrictions at all is just regular language. Take any other rhyme-less, metre-less, non-alliterating poem. Remove the versification. You get just a regular sentence. If you want to just make regular sentences, fine, just, again, don't pretend that doing a full 360 makes you a visionary. The ability lies in the challenge.
>>
>>24745944
Creativity comes from constraint... and working within constraints such as meter, rhythm and rhyming verse are the point of poetry.

If you have no restrictions then this post could be a poem. But then the term 'poem' becomes meaningless. Its now just a pretentious term for shitposting.
>>
>>24746049
nigger fuck you
>>
>>24746083
Not poetry, sorry.
>>
>>24745944
People create their best original works when working within some type of boundaries. This is true across any medium

Also, rhyming forces you to use more diverse sentence structure and vocabulary, instead of just saying what you want to say in the blunt terms the thought that came into your head was worded in
>>
Non-rhyming poems are written by poets and for an audience who have disappeared up their own asses.

Also they expose kids to poetry in English class, which is one of the best ways to murder any genuine interest one might have had in the subject.
>>
>tfw pretty confident in claiming to be talented at painting / drawing / being visually creative.

>try to channel what I consider related talent into music / poetry but suck

>forever canvas keked while the romantic appeal of scribbling eloquent prose into a scrapbook sitting in a divey speakeasy is never attainable
>>
File: talent.png (381 KB, 954x740) Image search: [Google]
talent.png
381 KB, 954x740
>>24746323
Its a skill like any other.
>>
>>24746363
That guy is just so wise
>>
>>24747011
Tautologies are not wisdom.

Nor is immaterialism, blinding one's listeners to the idea of nature vs nurture.

In fact, that's not stupidity, that's harmfulness. That man was harmful.
>>
"I know I'm not your,
Responsibility but,
I could use your help."
>>
>>24746049
>>24746076
>>24746102
genuine poet here, with book to his name
your full of shit
poem without rhymes can have as masterfully crafted rhythm as poem with rhymes
reason why rhyme was abandoned in contemporary poetry like 100 years ago was exhaustion of rhyme - it was fuckin done for 1000 years

also that your was planned, so you will have a chance to shitpost against what I wrote
cheers fags :^)
>>
>>24744091

I write thoughtfully and most often in rhyme. I do write songs sometimes. I write about whatever feels relevant to the story I'm trying to tell. Sometimes it's metaphorical and sometimes it's a thought I need to quell.
>>
>>24745751

Wanna share some? What genre?
>>
>>24747218

>poet with book to his name
>your full of shit

>your was planned, shitpost etc

you're actually just a kek
>>
>>24746363
>>24747011
>jus b ur self
Fuck off
>>
>>24746170
non-rhyming poetry is good on both the entry and exit-level, whereas you have to strictly be a wordsmith in order to make rhyming poetry not seem hokey

most rhymes are 1000% shit
>>
>>24747662
i am a smith of these so called words
>>
>>24747218
>reason why rhyme was abandoned in contemporary poetry like 100 years ago was exhaustion of rhyme - it was fuckin done for 1000 years

Alright, let's stop composing music that uses the minor pentatonic scale, they've been using that for 1000 fuckin years
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.