[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the reason behind getting an urge to fucking kill yourself,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: _20151127_001721.jpg (37 KB, 510x504) Image search: [Google]
_20151127_001721.jpg
37 KB, 510x504
What is the reason behind getting an urge to fucking kill yourself, randomly, for practically no reason?
>>
an invasive thought
>>
Fucking reply you psychoLogical mongoloids I know you have the answer
>>
men are animals

as animals we aren't biologically equipped to be aware of our own death. this drives us nuts.

look up death salience theory.
>>
it's the ultimate blowing off of responsibility.
>>
File: 1446295714978.jpg (7 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1446295714978.jpg
7 KB, 200x194
Remembering one of those embarrassing things you did in school.
>>
>>24743616
the struggles are real
>>
>>24743459
Blood on the brain making pressure points and altering functions
>>
>>24743507
No, I have a wide range of spiritual beliefs derived from hermetic philosophy and Gnosticism. I believe in reincarnation and astral planes and subsequently have practically no fear of death. So I don't think death anxiety is what I should attribute random suicidal urges to.(wouldn't that make me NOT want to kill myself?)
>>
For me it's pretty much realizing that life is one big , long, and cruel joke. I don't no why I stick around. I'm still here but if I weren't I wouldn't be upset. What makes me suddenly consider suicide most days is the realization that I could kill myself and never have to deal with this shit ever again. But for some reason I keep on going. I couldn't tell you why, and I'm sure my patience for all this bullshit will run out within the next few years, but for now I'm just holding on to the hope that things will get better. Maybe my spirit hasn't been crushed yet. Maybe there's someone on this earth I'm living for. I don't know.
>>
>>24743833
wide range of beliefs? sounds like chop suey to me.

in literally every major religion i've studied suicide is a cardinal sin, usually accompanied with a trip to hell.

i was suicidal for a long time. i realized it had become a sort of excuse not to struggle in my life. i believe this defeatist mentality has spoiled me as a person.
>>
>>24743833
it's more complicated than death anxiety. people channel relief from death anxiety into extremist political beliefs in order to create legacies. it even happens on a subconscious level, when people are exposed to images of flashing skulls or interviewed in front of funeral parlors.
>>
also these are some painful concepts to deal with. but hey, that's philosophy and religion for you.
>>
the way you think and your shitty past
>>
>>24743833
>I believe in reincarnation and astral planes
hahaha you fucking idiot I bet you have a dreamcatcher too
>>
Being the most desired race and still ending up a failure.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.