[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a bottle of wine when I was a freshman in college. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: andy.png (31 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
andy.png
31 KB, 140x140
I bought a bottle of wine when I was a freshman in college. It's a bottle of pinot noir that I kept in various places in my dorm, depending on the period of the semester and where it was convenient to keep it.

I had this fantasy that I'd meet a cute girl and I'd invite her out for dinner. We would go to some sort of nice restaurant in town, and then when the night went on, I'd invite her to the beach with me at night. We'd sit and watch waves crash, and trespass on the sand and laugh. I put the bottle in the sand, specks sticking to the surface and we'd share it in the moonlight. I didn't care about sex, or love, or even kissing her. I just wanted to spend time with a woman and feel like I wasn't a complete fucking failure. Some cute, nonspecific girl to fill a void I can't fill with alcohol alone.

Well, I took my last final today. I graduate next week. I popped open the four year old pinot noir and I'm drinking it alone. To the senior who bought it for me, I'm sorry I let it go to waste. You probably should have bought it for her instead.
>>
>>24742379
>I bought a bottle of wine
>To the senior who bought it for me,

Why do you have to turn this place into a house of lies?
>>
Did you tell the senior about this fantasy?
>>
>>24742462
I'd assume it meant that the senior bought it with his money because he was underage
>>
>bought a bottle of wine hoping to share it with a girl
Good thing wine gets better with time
>>
>>24742623
The same can't be said about girls.

OP, you did good.
>>
File: karicry.png (372 KB, 740x524) Image search: [Google]
karicry.png
372 KB, 740x524
>>24742379
this is legit the most heartwarming yet sad thing i've ever read. I want to hug you, no homo.
>>
>>24742658
fucking raosted
>>
How did you not get a girl in college. Just go to a party and tell a girl she's cute.

Bam, instant gobby
>>
File: pepemichgian.png (29 KB, 392x418) Image search: [Google]
pepemichgian.png
29 KB, 392x418
>>24742379
Same thing here brother. I bought a bottle of Jim Beam for the exact same purpose second week of college. Two and a half years later, it sits in my shirt drawer untouched. It'll probably meet the same fate as your Pinot Noir. Just know you're not alone.
>>
>>24742379
>>24742623
the dope probably let the cork rot
>>
>>24742770
>JUST DO IT
srsly normies gtfo
>>
>>24742770

That's true actually. I skipped my works Christmas party and almost everyone there found a fuck, even the spotty short manlets didn't go home empty handed. Wish I'd went to be honest.
>>
File: 1408267094574.jpg (220 KB, 1466x1050) Image search: [Google]
1408267094574.jpg
220 KB, 1466x1050
>>24742379
Here's the problem with all that OP:

You'd fall in love. And then you'd be incredibly vulnerable to someone who was bored and figured she'd let you buy her lunch to see what happens. And so, things will go okay for a while and you'd feel amazing for a couple days or weeks. Then she starts toying with you, and eventually gets bored and goes on to the next exciting thing in life.

Then you'd spend the next 3-4 years hoping you can fix it and go back to that magical time. Every time you go out, you hope to run into her accidentally, and that would lead to you hanging out, even just one more time. But it doesn't happen, or if it does, shes different now and thinks you're pathetic for still following her around and treats you with contempt or fucks with your mind harder.

Eventually you'll graduate, and driving away from college to go die slowly for 50 years, you'll be looking in the rearview for one last glance of her, one last chance to feed the addiction. Every chance you get alone, you think of her, every relationshit thread on /r9k/ reminds you of her, and every time you drink wine you think of that first night.

You might get angry and throw away the bottle. And months later you'll be kicking yourself for getting rid of that little link you had.

In a few years, life has changed so much and you are distracted by work and money and the future. Your memories begin to fade until its hard to remember her face or what exactly drew you to her or the things you did together, the places you went.

One day maybe a decade from now, only a name, a facebook profile pic, a vague notion of time and happening, and the mountain of grief is left.

OP, you're better off. Women are shit. Let your heart go cold and hard before you engage the enemy, they find every weakness and tear you down from the inside for their own entertainment.
>>
File: 1445754432803.png (86 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1445754432803.png
86 KB, 229x220
>>24743132
>tfw sometimes feel like I want a gf but then realise I'll end up getting tired of it and prefer being alone and it would never work out because I'm not meant to love
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.