[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /overthink things/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: qsDUsA9.jpg (953 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
qsDUsA9.jpg
953 KB, 1440x2560
>go to shop
>cashier tries to strike up small talk
>give standard replies, 'I'm fine, y-you too etc'
>hours later think of alternative replies I could have given and how conversation could have gone better
>do this even more with any kind of confrontation, sometimes even think of a good retort I could have given to something the next day
>thinking like this fucks my shit up because I feel compelled to analyze every single option before making a decision

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1291144234679.png (308 KB, 640x880) Image search: [Google]
1291144234679.png
308 KB, 640x880
>>24742091
I used to be like this. Then I actually worked as a cashier for while. My small talk abilities are superb now.
Sociability is a skill and takes practice. No one is born with it.
>>
>>24742276
I worked as a cashier for a while too, I never knew what to say to people so I normally just nodded and went along with them. I ended up quitting partly because of my chad manager constantly telling me to be more friendly to customers
>>
>>24742091
any more pictures of this qt?
>>
>>24742276
>no one is born with it.
Do you actually believe this you dumb faggitt? Of course there are people who have naturally good social skills. Not everyone is a retarded autist like you
>>
>>24742091
>go to cashier
>prepare standard replies
>cashier deviates from the prepared script
>?!
>maximum autismodrive
>>
>>24742091
I've actually stopped making small talk to women who work as bartenders, waitresses and hairdressers.
If you pay notice, you will find that they often have a set of pre-written lines that they use for every conversation so that they will have to put minimal effort into it. If they find themselves in a situation where said lines are useless, you can clearly tell that they suddenly act all different.
In their eyes you are not a person, you are just something they have to interact with because it's their job.
Men on the other hand seem to improvise more often, and are much more likely to actually remember who you are if you come back to the same place.
But maybe that's just me overthinking things.
>>
>>24743770
>>24743808
>be cashier
>prepare standard replies
>customer deviates from the prepared script
>?1
>maximum autismodrive
>>
>>24742091

Let me guess. She just said stuff like "how are you?" Or "have a nice weekend" like a cashier is paid to talk, and you mistook it for genuine conversation?
>>
>>24742091
After a while you're going to become a real robot, and you'll stop giving a shit.
>>
>>24742091
you should try giving less of a fuck about most things.
>>
>>24743899
>>24743808
It was pretty much that, but I'm just so lonely that even some small amount of interest like that means a lot to me.
>>24743933
Hopefully this happens sometime soon. I just don't want to feel anymore desu
>>24743977
It's not that easy
>>24743345
Sorry, I don't have any more but I believe she camwhored on /b/ or /soc/ at one point if that helps
>>
>>24742091

Do you by any chance have an anxiety disorder?
>>
>>24744427
I get kind of nervous in public but I've never been checked out (ironically I feel really anxious about going to a doctor about any of this)
>>
File: niggayousaurus.png (131 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
niggayousaurus.png
131 KB, 320x240
>>24744376
It doesn't matter what you say really, they don't care. They will have forgotten about you in a matter of minutes. Unless you happen to be Chad of course.
Always go for men if you want to make small talk.
The only reason you would make small talk to women is to make them uncomfortable on purpose by deviating from their script
>Go to coffeehouse
>Order anything
>Girl will go "Oh I love the (what you just ordered), it's just sooo good"
>Ask her anything about it
>tfw she will either say that it was a while since she had it or just pretend that you never asked
>>
>>24744427

I have bad social anxiety, and even I can talk to clerks.

OP might actually have autism to some degree aka Aspergers.
OP oikely doesn't know how to communicate with people past a basic level.
>>
Do you people obsess over clerks everytime you go out.
They are all paid to be nice.

Pro tip: Don't look to pick up women while they're working.
>>
File: 1361755853983.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1361755853983.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
>>24743692
>naturally good social skills
>naturally

You really believe this? You honestly think that nature has anything to do with sociability? Is that why kittens that are taken away from their litters at very young ages grow up more hostile towards other cats than those that are allowed to grow with their siblings?
>>
>>24744980

Human puschology/behavior is an intricate mixture of nature and nature.
>>
>>24744828
Where the hell do I find women then?
>>
File: tyler-hoechlin-2.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tyler-hoechlin-2.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>24745178
Anywhere, just remember to b urself.
>>
>>24744828
>They are all paid to be nice
not really. the girl or guy who hands you coffee isn't required to attempt conversation. they can get away with
>total is $2 sir
>thank u
>thank u

now its certainly possible they try to talk for their own interests. because they are bored, or it passes the time, or you look like an autist that might say something interesting. its also possible that way overly nice girl is that way to everyone because thats just who they are.

you can look as deeply into these things as you want... saying there is ZERO chance someone at their job will want to see you again is insane. especially if its a low tier job like pouring coffee.
>>
>>24744828
wh- what about when I'm the cashier
>>
>>24745178

In leisure time.
At parties, through friends of friends, between classes at a university, at bars.
It can be anywhere even as simple as a smoking shelter if you smoke.
I've even met people at car shows.
But go to these places to enjoy yourself, rather than to solely pick up women, and women will come along.
>>
>>24742091
I also tend to overthink things, but I try to remind myself that whoever I'm talking to probably only dedicates 2 seconds of thought to me before their done talking to me and forget about me forever. I'm just another face in the crowd so it's not like anything I say or do will matter in the end.
>>
File: 1362671974334.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1362671974334.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>24742091
>used to do this all the time
>used to do it the most with women when I was a kv
>constant regret and wondering what might have been motivated me to learn social skills and talk to people
>no longer a virgin
>>
>Grew up fat thanks to hypothyroidism
>Never got female attention
>Got actually bullied by women
>Only girls that ever acted nicely towards me were cashiers
>I start linking positive female attention to her being forced to act like that
>Every single time a woman acts nicely towards me now, I get defensive and start thinking that she wants something out of me

I wish I was a normal human being
>>
>>24745339

You might be over thinking it. Part of their job is being courteous, believe it or not. They can get away with not talking to you if it's busy.
And yes, it's not impossible to pick up a clerk, but it's unlikely.
As an ex clerk, as a rule of thump, I smile, and be nice when I'm ordering, but I can't be bothered to bother someone at work.
I guess it's a matter of preference. If you're the kind of person who likes to ask people out on a a whim, picking up clerks is a fun game, but otherwise, I don't recommend it.
>>
>>24745361

It's you're job. On the unlikely occasion they say yes, it might be worth it if your striked up a nice conversation on a non-busy day.
>>
File: pepeinternet.jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
pepeinternet.jpg
30 KB, 500x359
>wife gone for her weekly divorce counseling with her ex husband
>have to take care of wifes son all day
>she sometimes doesn't come home until the next morning

I know I'm just overthinking things and it's probably nothing but how do I get over this?
>>
>>24745740
>wife's son
>ex husband
I'm not sure whether you're a normie or so much of a kek that you're welcome here
>>
>>24745868
It's b8 m8 2bqh
>>
Why do I fall in love with any girl who shows m the slightest bit of kindness?
>>
>>24742091
That's how you get better at social interaction for the future.

Don't put to shame the proactive mind. It is your advantage.
>>
>>24744980
Idk man I teach swim lessons and there was this 3 year old girl who knew some pretty big words and concepts.
>>
Small talk is easy, people are stupid and just want to smile and nod for the sake of it.

I still overthink things but it's mostly for fun, I've stopped feeling anxious about it for the most part. Just remember that you're already dead, nothing really matters.
>>
>>24747633
>I still overthink things but it's mostly for fun, I've stopped feeling anxious about it for the most part. Just remember that you're already dead, nothing really matter

Based nihilism. Solves everything.
>>
>>24742091
Solution: have more social interactions

Simply leaves you less time to obsess.
>>
>>24747324
Knowing big words and concepts makes you less sociable at a young age because it confuses the normies. You have to talk to actual humans for that to work.
>>
File: Dx998o7z.png (20 KB, 588x621) Image search: [Google]
Dx998o7z.png
20 KB, 588x621
>>24742091
I know how you feel m8
>>
>>24742091
Play fallout much? Haha
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.