[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming down off of an intense LSD trip. Ask me anything, /r9k/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
File: 87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg (27 KB, 375x450) Image search: [Google]
87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg
27 KB, 375x450
Coming down off of an intense LSD trip. Ask me anything, /r9k/.
>>
>>24735901
can i ask you anything?
>>
Do you think you're as enlightened as the man in your pic now?
>>
>>24735987
he is probably wrong about everything
>>
>>24735978

Yes.

>>24735987

I'm probably not as smart as him. He probably wouldn't take LSD.
Then again, he's dead and I'm alive (probably). So I've at least got one thing going for me.
>>
>>24735901
is that marcus aurelius
>>
>>24736055

No that's Aristotle.
>>
>>24736082
No aristotle was older
>>
>>24736112

I think you're confused, friend
>>
>>24736132
>I think you're confused, friend

explain pls
>>
>>24736235

You have your timeline out of order. Time is really irrelevant anyway.
>>
>>24736254
So my timeline wasn't out of order?
>>
What does it feel like to belong in jail you fucking degenerate druggie?

Daily reminder to stick it to degenerate normalfags bringing their normie drug bullshit to /r9k/.
>>
>>24736266
Your moms a degenerate
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 750x750
>>24736266
The old and tired;
>I don't enjoy it, so you can't either
>>
>>24736285
Because she used drugs.
>>
>>24736290
The old and tired
projection of hedonistic motives.
>>
>>24736290
I didn't say it wasn't enjoyable.
I said you were a fucking degenerate normalfag who needs to leave.
>>
Will someone answer my question
>>
File: 20151204_153706.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151204_153706.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
About to get up on serotonin syndrome.

Anyone else /forcedpanicattacks/ here?
>>
>>24735901

Please use the adequate board for this thread.

>>>/b/
>>
>>24736313
>Enjoying drugs while you call others degenerates

>Posting ITT while you clearly just "don't care" about the topic
>>
>>24736333
Cant you die doing that? How are you inducing the serotonin syndrome? By taking a shit ton of lexapro?
>>
>>24736353
That's the idea, pal!

It's venlafaxine
>>
>>24736381
thats nutty dude. What does it feel like? Why would you want to die that way ODing on pretty much anything else would be better
>>
>>24736265

Your timeline was out of order, friend.

>>24736266

To be honest, I don't see what putting someone in jail does to benefit anyone if all they're doing is minding their own business and expanding their own consciousness. I mean, I get having psychedelics being illegal if you're driving or operating machinery, sure, but if you're just sitting around and you want to take a couple of tabs, how could the world possibly be made better for you or anyone else if you were put in jail?
The entire criminal justice system in the US is complete BS, also. We punish people and use them to scare people into not doing what they did. We never look at the roots of any issues. We never try to solve the issues for the person. We just slam them behind bars and point and laugh with a smug sense of superiority because for whatever reason you think that you're worth more than some poor kid in jail. In reality the prison system does nothing at all, other than separate people who may or may not be dangerous from general society. Society which is full of maybe or maybe not dangerous people already.

So, effectively it does nothing.
>>
File: 1447044789329.jpg (216 KB, 2000x850) Image search: [Google]
1447044789329.jpg
216 KB, 2000x850
how much did you take? Blotter tabs or gel tabs? Did you listen to music while tripping, watch a movie, etc.
>>
>>24736429
But I thought time was irrelevant
>>
>>24736381
why would you want to induce serotonin syndrome?
>>
>>24736429
>doesn't work optimally so it effectively does nothing

Yeah except for all the people in for murder and violent crimes are off the streets. This is why people are mad about drugs OP
>>
>>24736435

>How much
2 tabs, blotter tabs.
>Music, movie
I started watching Creed but that movie's way too sad to handle while tripping. So after that I sat in silence and huddled against a wall while mentally screaming at the noises in my head to go away. Not the best time.

>>24736342

/r9k/ has no central theme or topic. The robot merely asks that you post original content.
And I am posting original content.
>>
are you one of those hippies now that think they spoke with aliums in another dimension?

or know that it was just a temporary, chemically induced hallucination
>>
File: 20151204_155305.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151204_155305.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>24736410
Only a few more left!

I'm already feeling scared as fuck. please help me.
>>
>>24735901
1. Did you enjoy this particular trip ?
2. Are you more of a CEV or OEV guy ?
>>
>>24736476

>System created with a task
>System consistently fails to perform that task

But it's not an error with the system at all, is it? It's obviously an issue with the morally incompetent people who DARE to question its authority!

>>24736447

I'm primarily out of the LSD headspace.
Mostly, I think. Getting some peaks and valleys.
You're trying to mess with me and it's not working, thanks
>>
>>24736520
So serotonin syndrome just induces panic attacks? Idk how I can help you dude, pls stop
>>
>>24736539
>You're trying to mess with me and it's not working, thanks

God dammit
>>
>>24736490

The only thing LSD can do is warp your thoughts. Sometimes it is helpful. Other times it is dreadful. It is never supernatural, though it may appear to be.
Consequently, the word "supernatural" is a category mistake as it is generally used. The word, I mean. If something exists within nature, then it is natural. So, anything you experience that isn't strictly influenced by a drug really is just natural.

>>24736534
I don't know what you mean by CEV or OEV and my brain isn't working fast enough to figure it out
I did not enjoy this trip, it was pretty overwhelming to be quite honest. I look forward to the next one.
>>
>>24736520
You're going to realise before you die that you want to live.
If you really took them, vomit that shit up and get to the emergency ward ASAP.
>>
>>24736520

Don't do anything that you know will hurt your sanity, friend.
Once you get over the initial allure, insanity is a cold-hearted bitch.
>>
>>24736534

Oh
Yeah
Visuals

I prefer open eyed visuals, it makes art much more interesting. It's the closed eye stuff that won't go away that bothers me most of the time.
>>
>>24736668
why
>>24736672
why

tok me a long time to post
>>
>>24736755

Sometimes I wish I could go back to being who I was before everything changed. Would the person I was approve of that desire? Who's to say. But, don't fuck with your sanity, friend. There are many paths into and out of life. There is already abundant suffering. There is no reason to force more suffering to exist.
>>
>>24736805
ver late frendo
>>
>>24735901
Do you really trust yourself enough to do LSD?

Always seemed like a bad idea to me.
>>
>>24736863

It's never too late, robot
Every fucker deserves a million chances
If you're in danger, call an ambulance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOaXTg3nAuY

You will get by. You will survive.
>>
>>24736902

Nobody can trust themselves enough to take LSD. It shatters reality. The laws of logic no longer apply while under its influence. Not to direction, not to language, not to thought; no logic whatsoever.
You can either go with it or be torn apart going against the tide. Don't know what you're gonna do until the moment comes.
>>
>>24736944
I'll give it a miss then.
>>
>>24737123

It is your choice to make, friend.
Taking LSD is kind of like realizing you've lived your whole life in a room and opening the door to see what the world outside is like.
Words could never do it justice.
Sorry to see that you won't be taking part in the fun.
>>
>>24736944
>It shatters reality. The laws of logic no longer apply while under its influence.

Reality remains as unshattered as it ever has been.

And laws of logic are as solid as ever. It's just your brain regressed to that of a toddler.

Refer to facts, not to your pseudojustified objectivizations of your inane impressions.
>>
File: 1270613084925.jpg (182 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1270613084925.jpg
182 KB, 640x480
I did acid twice and both times I was caught in a loop.

12 hours compulsively repeating the same shit in my head, on and on and on. Fucking nightmare.

How do you enjoy acid? I mean the colours are awesome but that's about it.
Too little and it's just OEV, too much and you can't focus on anything for longer than 1 second.
>>
>>24737152
>Words could never do it justice.

The degeneration of your brain as a result of your trip is as describable in words as it has ever been, including the nature of your coming to prefer to talk about the 'subjective experience' dimension of it as opposed to hard facts of what it actually was.

Dumb druggie.
>>
>>24737152
Well I saw one of my friends do it, and he spent a long time looking at a carton of apple juice, and then got agitated and nervous for a few hours.

I don't deal that well with alcohol or weed (my behaviour changes markedly) so I dread to think what I would be like of LSD.
>>
>>24737177

Yeah, that too.

>>24737181

Just flow with it.
Sometimes it is bad. You just need to let it take you wherever it will.
Sometimes I get really horrifying closed eye visuals. But as long as I keep it in my mind that it's just a drug and it will wear off eventually, I can enjoy the ride as if I were watching a horror movie.
It's kind of like dreaming?
>>
>>24737195
Kudos.

You won't be made given to pretentious metaphors about doors and tides and 'seeing wide-eyed the universe for what it really is except that oops somehow with that increased awareness of just didn't happen to come any new understanding of a fact or a model'.
>>
>>24737181
you're supposed to have sitters, they can bring you out of a loop
>>
>>24737225
>You just need to let it take you wherever it will.

Translation:

'Remember not to remind yourself that it's just a crappy state of your brain breaking down for the time being.'
>>
>>24737195

Don't take anything you don't feel prepared to take. But even a bad trip is just a lesson learned.

>>24737194

You're obviously a materialist. You have such disregard for the first-person experience attribute of the mind, which is really the most interesting part of the whole life experience. Your cognitive science will tell you NOTHING about consciousness.
>>
>>24737177
In other words, again, the 'it's not possible to describe in words' idiocy is the phenomenon of druggies becoming emotionally attached to their trip. It's as if I broke a toy of mine, and then endlessly jabbered about how 'in reality, not everything works, some things just inherently not work, a hard fact of life is that non-workingness is the opposite of workingness'. Dumb druggies just cling to their confusion during the trip and think that the fact that they 'grasp for words to describe it' (whereas, of course, it is perfectly describable) 'disproves intellect' or some shit, because it lets them justify their intellectual laziness.
>>
>>24737272
>You're obviously a materialist. You have such disregard for the first-person experience attribute of the mind, which is really the most interesting part of the whole life experience. Your cognitive science will tell you NOTHING about consciousness.

'No! No! No! I wanna redefine knowing as impossible to have by definition! I wanna define understanding as that that is subjective, so to justify my being a lazy fuck and not understand objectively how my brain works! Science is sour anyway! And it's boring! I will just eat my delicious, interesting, first-person experience!'

Druggie hysteria is so cute.
>>
Wish I could get my hands on acid. Did you order yours off the dark web?
>>
>>24737315

You seem to have some pretty extreme emotional issues. Would you like to talk about them?
>>
>>24737315
or maybe there are some things you can observe about life but that are impossible to describe
>>
>>24737361
>be so emotionally attached to a drug that you LITERALLY define self-understanding as no less experiencing a particular kind of confusion during a trip
>accuse of emotional issues
>>
>>24737360

I got mine the old fashioned way. By knowing somebody who knew somebody. Good luck, though, and remember to use a testing kit!

>>24737355

Truth is for philosophers. Science is just the next best thing.
>>
>>24737392
Translation:

'I want to enjoy the socially valuable label of being a self-observer and putting myself to scrutiny, but I am too lazy to make the effort of giving any testable, meaningful hypotheses about myself (such as are only made from the materialist empirical perspective), so I'm just going to redefine 'observing life' to include experiences such as trips, even though they endowed me to make no hypotheses at all.'

Just sad.
>>
>>24737448
In other words, the druggie logic is:

>science is 'about observation' (notice how vague this is)
>during a trip, you 'observe yourself' (same)
>therefore, I am a scientist (even though your 'observations' are ambiguous, untestable, immaterial, and fail a dozen of other particular criteria for science or insight at all as well).
>>
>>24737498

You really are baiting way too hard and have some deep emotional issues that you should work out, friend. I suggest going to see a good Jungian psychologist, rather than a pill-pushing psychiatrist. You'll feel much better.
>>
>>24737531
Implication of mental illness? Already? Most druggies at least try for two or three more posts before they are reduced to that. Apply yourself.
>>
>>24737545

Not mental illness. I'm genuinely concerned for your wellbeing. Just living can be hard, and I know that sometimes the world can get you down. Just remember that it's you who owns that spot you're sitting in and the world can't beat you as long as you've got hope.

Where do you look for this hope that you know is there,
And out there somewhere,
And your feet can only walk down two kinds of roads?

Your eyes can only look through two kinds of windows,
Your nose can only smell two kinds of hallways,
You can touch and twist and turn two kinds of doorknobs,
You can either go to the church of your choice
Or you can go to Brooklyn State Hospital.
You'll find God in the church of your choice.
You'll find Woody Guthrie in Brooklyn State Hospital.

And though it's only my opinion
I may be right or wrong
You'll find them both
In the Grand Canyon at sundown.
>>
Hey OP: Did you see anything during your trip?
>>
>>24737632
>I'm implying no mental illness
>'...rather than a pill-pushing psychiatrist'

Druggie attachment 'truth' pursuit of which >>24737632 has stressed in >>24737426, everyone.

>remember that it's you who owns that spot you're sitting in

Belief in free will narrows awareness because it disallows me to relate my behaviour to my environment. Enjoy believing in it, though. You may believe that ignorance is a bliss, after all.
>>
>>24737426
shut the fuck up, please
the realms of science and philosophy are separate, both seek to accrue knowledge in different ways, each can do things the other cannot, but science is fucking certainly a stronger truth-seeking tool than philosophy, in fact it's the only kind of obtainable truth there is
>>
>>24737632
>the world can't beat you as long as you've got hope

Also. 'The abstract structure with defined criteria of success and failure will not denote failure as long as failure is not denoted.' Nice tautology there, druggie.
>>
>>24737246
>fucking implying

Very little can help a loop
>>
>>24737645

Uh yeah I saw tons of stuff, friend. Like visuals? I got this crazy closed eye visual of these succubi. It was pretty sexy. If I trusted myself to take my dick out while on LSD, I would've jerked it. Maybe.
Don't take your dick out while tripping ever. Please, just don't do it.

>>24737678

Science does absolutely nothing in regard to finding truth.
It uses statistical probabilities. It determines the probable outcome of events. Nothing in science is set in stone.

But everything in philosophy must be air-tight in terms of logical argumentation, and it must deal with true premises leading to a true conclusion.

If we were to define science (a method of seeking useful probabilities through experimentation) and philosophy (logical argumentation) as they properly should be defined based on the function of each station, philosophy is by far the better choice when it comes to seeking truth.

Nothing empirical is a priori knowledge. Everything must be questioned. Read your Descartes.
>>
>>24737817
>[Science] uses statistical probabilities.
>therefore
>Science does absolutely nothing in regard to finding truth.

Looks like a fucking non-sequitur enabled by imprecise definitions. But what do I know, I'm not a philosopher, right?
>>
>>24737817
so, subtract science from our truth-seeking apparatus, and see what we're left with -
it's math and a whole lot of mysticism and metaphysics. also, if we don't have axioms in philosophy, then we can't say anything. our proof system has no contents and we can't do work.
you are terrible, stop it. we obviously need both, but science is the primary way we build models about our world. that's what it's meant to do.
>>
>>24737194
>>24737248
>>24737315
>>24737355
>>24737398
>>24737448
>>24737498
>>24737545
>>24737672
>>24737841

ITT: dumb cunts behaving just like dumb cunts do
>>
LSD of Shrooms?
>>
>>24738690
Fuck, meant or shrooms
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.