[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pectus excavatum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: pectus.png (24 KB, 267x279) Image search: [Google]
pectus.png
24 KB, 267x279
who else has pectus excavatum here?

mines pretty severe, doesn't really bother me anymore, but i've only met one other dude that has it
>>
>>24731667
I met a guy who has it. people take shots out of his chest. mostly guys.
>>
Yep I have/had it. Got it fixed over the summer. Still doesn't look 100% normal but it's much better
>>
Look at the album cover for Logos by Atlas Sound
>>
File: 1447293886323.jpg (220 KB, 910x1311) Image search: [Google]
1447293886323.jpg
220 KB, 910x1311
could have been a lot worse, I guess
>>
File: carinatum.jpg (8 KB, 234x324) Image search: [Google]
carinatum.jpg
8 KB, 234x324
Fuck outa here, atleast your dont have pectus carinatum like me. Your shit is nothing compared to this.
>>
>>24731667
Niggas in this thread be looking like evil ryu
>>
Yeah. Indented Sternum. like a less severe version. Still kinda self conscious though
>>
File: IMG_0766.jpg (943 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0766.jpg
943 KB, 3264x2448
Yeah I have it

I've considered suicide because I can't breathe no matter what, or exercise properly, and since i'm strayan I can't afford to travel to murika to receive treatment.

I don't even know if treatment is a good idea because I've heard from others that the recovery is horribly painful.

If you aren't me you're going to have a happy life.
>>
>>24731730
Is this bait? You don't have it. Get the fuck off the board Chad
>>
I have it. It doesn't bother me at all though. It may or may not impede my breathing.
>>
>>24731910
The effect on breathing/exercise is minimal, surprisingly. My doctor for it said that they intentionally leave out bad data on it so insurance companies are more willing to pay for it.

Recovery was not bad at all. I was out of the hospital in like 4 days. The first week out of the hospital was rough but you get better quite rapidly.
The worst part was that it took about a month and a half before I could sleep on my side again, and laughing/sneezing hurt quite bad.

I'm now like 5 months out and the only thing that still remotely hurts is sneezing.
>>
>>24731910
you might as well endure the recovery process pain. The pain is only going to get worse, and will remain there for the rest of your life. If you fix it, you will have temporary pain, but they will fix it.
>>
>>24731730
could use wider/more powerful looking hips and glutes

otherwise good genetics
>>
>>24731965
It makes sense that they only advertise the worst cases.

How old are you? I'm aware that the younger you get the bars in the chest (i think it's called the Nuss procedure) the easier your recovery is.

I'm 25 so if i got my chest made normal i would have a reasonably hard recovery i'm led to believe.
>>
>>24731965
You're assuming I can afford treatment at all, I got quoted $45k as the average to have it done in Merika, which is more than double my life savings

I really think this is a valid reason to breathe helium sometimes. Pectus excavatum is a fucking curse.
>>
>>24731754
I got it too bro, asymmetric though. It's not super bad but it's noticeable. I don't really give a fuck though to be honest, never really saw anyone stare at my chest or anything so I guess it can't be that bad. Though when I was younger I was really insecure about it
>>
>>24731754
Pectus carinatum is one of the main reasons my life is ruined and I consider an hero.

Damn I could have been handsome alpha as fuck, now everone just stares at my chest when talking to me.

Manage to lose my virginity though but ex-gf noticed my retarded chest.

Litterly being cursed from birth.
>>
>>24732157
fuck you.

Pectus carinatum has no effect on health. Imagine fighting for literally every breath you take and getting winded climbing up a set of stairs.

That is what Pectus Excavatum will do to you. Not to mention the ruinous effect it has on your posture.
>>
>>24732233
Pectus carinatum can cause scoliosis bro.
>>
>>24732233
I got scoliosis, fuck off with your normiechest, you can wear a shirt and nobody notices, wearing a jacket in summer like an aspie was my school-life.

Also cant go on rollercoasters without me heart hurting.
>>
File: 1348045420148.jpg (45 KB, 573x393) Image search: [Google]
1348045420148.jpg
45 KB, 573x393
>>24732249
Pectus Excavatum goes hand in hand WITH scoliosis

>>24732308
>Muh rollercoasters
I can't run more than a mile without fainting.

I'm sorry for being a dick, i just don't want to be in this D-grade body anymore. I can't think about anything except this fucking dent in my chest, it's eating me alive.
>>
I have almost non noticeable pectus carinatum and very mild scoliosis. Doesn't bother me at all now, but it used to be worse when I was a kid. Just lift with special attention to the pecs and back. Don't know about you pectus excavatum bros.
>>
bumping the current thread 128
>>
>>24731667
>tfw have it but look good from the front
fuck its the exact same shit as my face desu
>>
>>24731667
I had a friend of mine who went on 4chan who had this, I told him to go on /fit/ and it'll go away.He showed me but I don't think his gf knew.

If he's on this thread its me from the campground.
>>
>>24731667
I have it, but it's not severe - definitely noticeable though.

Haven't taken my shirt off in front of another person since I was ~12.

>tfw lied through school saying I couldn't swim so I wouldn't have to go swimming for P.E.
>>
File: pectus.jpg (568 KB, 1214x1384) Image search: [Google]
pectus.jpg
568 KB, 1214x1384
not too bad but I got dem flared ribs as well
>>
>>24733374
fucking normie chest.

You need to leave.
>>
i think i have this. always had a hard time breathing and my chest looks a little like that.
>>
>>24732233
Not the other guy but thats simply not true. My carinatum hurts like a motherfucker, stinging and ripping pain, shit cramps up and then I can crack it open again and this causes me to faint best of all I'm white, live in a first world country with universal health insurance and get no fucking help while twisted leftyhippy fucks reassignment surgeries, stomach belts, homeopathy and all other unimaginable idiocy payed for.
F
U
C
K
>>
>>24733513
Can't you just get a chest brace for carinatum? It applies pressure somehow and re-sets the sternum to where it needs to be over a period of time.

Sadly no such thing exists for excavatum, the only solution is highly invasive and painful surgery
>>
>>24732057
>Pectus excavatum is a fucking curse.
So is gyno bro. It looks terrible, no matter how hard you lift.
>>
>>24731730
I have exactly the same chest.i just have wider shoulders and bigger chest so it seems a little deeper.Have you ever had anyone staring at it wierdly breh?
>>
File: SAM_0006.jpg (1 MB, 2459x2987) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0006.jpg
1 MB, 2459x2987
Yeah, man. Pretty noticeable but it doesn't bother me. The physical effects are my main problem, I have really awful stamina and can't run for more than a couple of minutes without needing to stop and breathe for a bit
>>
>>24731667
I have one. Not as severe though.
>>
File: 005.jpg (46 KB, 549x563) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
46 KB, 549x563
I have pretty mild one, but it's there. Back when I was fat it made my manboobs look massive, but now that I'm normal weight it looks like I have massive pecs.
No matter what how much I weight, I will always have tits.
>>
I have it as well, but it's not that severe.
It's enough though, so when I was working as a nude model at an art school, the girl who was teaching told the students to pay attention to my "weird/funny chest"

I also have slightly flared ribs.
I've been working out since though, for the last 10 months and it's helping decreasing it. It'll hopefully be near invisible in a year or so.
>>
I have one.
Makes me want to kill myself.
There's lots of reasons I want to kill myself but I'd easily place this at the top5.
>>
>>24731679
That's gay tho senpai
>>
>>24731730
If you lifted you'd look like a sick cunt desu senpai
>>
>>24737289
Why? Taking shots on someone isn't sexual.
>>
>>24731922
he definitely has it. The chest isn't supposed to dip in like that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.