[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the death of a loved one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 50140529_p0.jpg (934 KB, 805x1842) Image search: [Google]
50140529_p0.jpg
934 KB, 805x1842
How do you cope with the death of a loved one?
>>
You remember that the love you have and that you felt from them doesn't go away, even though they have.

You remember how they made you feel, and don't forget that you have those memories forever, so they can still make you feel good from the grave.
>>
You'll die as well.
>>
Forget about them.
>>
>>24731126
You don't, forget them and move on, that's what I did and I'm fine.
>>
You won't. They're gone, they won't come back. You'll never be the same as if they had just went on living.

You'll keep living because you have to. Coping isn't a prerequisite to living.
>>
You're gonna carry that weight.
>>
>>24731126
If it was a close relative this >>24731163

If it was a friend, gf/bf or anything like that this >>24731225
>>
File: 1446507775709.png (86 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1446507775709.png
86 KB, 750x750
Just accept they are dead, and remember how much they loved you. Both my parents are dead and I'm only 18. Mom passed a few weeks ago, dad passed when I was 9. My mom was a much speedier acceptance than my father. The hardest part about it is realizing that you will never be able to see your parents again for the rest of your life. The one man and woman who ever unconditionally loved you are gone now. That you will never celebrate another birthday with them, and your future ones will likely be alone.

I miss you mom
>>
>>24731255
Nope, my dad died, and guess what I did, I stopped caring. If someone dies you will forget about them eventually anyway, so it's best to forget about them immediately.
>>
File: 1448395633400.png (439 KB, 538x717) Image search: [Google]
1448395633400.png
439 KB, 538x717
>>24731257
5 years younger than me, that must suck hard man. My dad is still alive but I dont really care, mom was the only family I ever had but she's no more.

How are you paying for your living expenses?

I hope you get better, non homo hugs
>>
File: 1447867832311.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447867832311.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>24731293
Right now I'm living in a college dorm. Luckily financial aid almost pays for all of my shit. I'm only 3k into student loans so far for my first year. College is my only option now because I can't drop out and become a NEET as a backup plan. Truly feels bad, man.
>>
>>24731336
>can't drop out and become a NEET
Fug, that one also hit me hard when I realized it. Whatever, as if college wasnt hard enough we have to deal with that too. Oh well, just remember you can always go blue collar if you dont make it in college man. Its not so bad.
>>
>>24731410
The real kicker is that I'm going through college as a Music ed major

I'm not really good at anything else, so I don't what other kind of job I can get. It seems that college is my only option
>>
>>24731449
>Music ed major
My honest advice is drop that shit right now, clearly youre in no position for that kind of gambles. At the very least doing so will save you future debt. Unless youre a bright musician.
>>
>>24731542
There are already freshmen who are dropping out like flies when the coursework so far is too damn easy for me. I think I'll do fine. Plus I literally hate doing anything else
>>
>>24731257
i feel you man
>tfw mom died tuesday

i'm 25
>>
>>24731126
My dad died, I looked in retrospect in what he taught me and what life he lived. Took the lessons he gave me to heart, I vowed to keep him Alive with my deeds.
>>
>>24731620
I was only 16 tho, now I'm 19
>>
>>24731276
Was he a shit father? I actually thought about doing the same but it just feels wrong, I know in the grand scheme of things my parents, me, and every human who has ever lived will be forgotten but still I just cant bring myself to do that. I'd rather time make that for me.
>>
>>24731638
Not him but my dad died a year ago and im still a mess. Anybody claiming they get over it that easily is full of shit imo. My dad was an abusive asshole too.
>>
File: 1425090360526.png (553 KB, 678x718) Image search: [Google]
1425090360526.png
553 KB, 678x718
>mom will never make your favourite dish again
>you didnt care enough to learn when she offered to teach you
>1 year after youre still eating the same shit, scrambled eggs, canned tuna, chicken breast, noodles and hot pockets
>>
>>24731257
I saw my mom kill herself when I was 11. But every loss of a parent is a terrible thing. It never got better for me, but that's because there is no closure. Hopefully for you there is
>>
>>24731750
I never realized this....fuck
>>
My mom died about 3 years ago. I was 16. She died from breast cancer. It was hard seeing her suffer. I look back and realize what an asshole I was and I wish I could speak to her one last time. The hardest part is knowing she never got to see me drive my first car. Graduate from high-school. She is never gonna be there for my wedding. I have an old iPhone 4 that has voice mails to me from her. I listen too them sometimes just to remember what her voice sounded like. You guys can ask me any questions. I sorta feel better talking about it. I never got a fucking counselor or shit for it.
>>
>>24731750
>mom never made you your favourite dish
>mom never offered to teach you anything

at least i have dad
>>
>>24731832
Just asking for an opinion. Should I be there for my family considering they werent there for my mom when she needed them? Physically they were there, but just now I realized what dumb pieces of shit they are, when she needed help all they did was say "jus bee urself" I can now see why she was so mad. Financially they simply ignored her, but my mom bought that they all used for free.

My first thought was that I was overreacting but I think I dont owe them shit.
>>
>>24731930
*bought them a house
>>
>>24731930
I am only there for my brothers and sisters and my step father. Everyone else can go fuck them selves. I dont really understand the your situation. But for me personally I wont even speak to my grandmother. All she did was use my mom and my step dad for free shit. She used to steal my mom's pain meds and get high in her room. She was not cleaning the house, she was not taking care of the younger kids. Fuck that bitch. She stole my dog too.
>>
>>24732021
I wanted to know if others had done the same, cut all relations with the "family" that screwed you and your loved one. Im searching more about it and seems pretty common. I had doubts because at first youd think something like this would make a family closer and kinder but yeah im not making the same mistake fuck that.

Also what helped you in the initial months after it? Ive been using music alone to comfort and calm myself, but I temporaly lost joy in everything else, I havent watched anime in 3 months.
>>
>>24732128
It can make you closer, just make sure you pick the right people. For me it was my older sister. I never really knew her that well till my mom died. And she told me lots of stuff about my family i didn't know. I was never really close with any of my family they all live far away.
Well one thing that i did was pick up the guitar. I can play pretty well now. I don't record or anything. its just for pure enjoyment. So maybe find a new hobby. Watching anime all day long dosent really count tho ;-)
>>
File: realhumanbean.jpg (31 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
realhumanbean.jpg
31 KB, 450x300
>tfw mom died when I was 12 years old
>9 years later, I still haven't really gotten over it
>feelings of being jaded, lethargic, depressed, never left me
>never talk about it with my dad or older sister.
>they are still able to enjoy their lives and be productive
>they've called me out on being cold, emotionless, arrogant, lazy
>part of me died with her and there's no changing that

I don't really consider it as a way to cope, but simply continuing on with life will keep you occupied. I think if you're young when they die, you're more susceptible to some form of emotional trauma. Maybe I just dealt with it poorly. I definitely had no one inquire as to how I felt or how I was dealing with it.

12 year old me definitely should not have been spending my days contemplating mortality and the meaninglessness of life.
>>
>>24732628
You sound like someone I know.

If you're anything like him you should have died with her.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.