[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep saying gamergate is a bad movement when it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19
File: tumblr_nuoklllHKZ1qi0ioao6_1280.jpg (178 KB, 830x1074) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuoklllHKZ1qi0ioao6_1280.jpg
178 KB, 830x1074
Why do people keep saying gamergate is a bad movement when it has a noble cause
>>
>>24727920
>Gamergate
>Movement

wew, lad
>>
what is their noble cause again?
>>
>>24727920
The same reason cockroaches scurry when you turn on a light.
>>
>>24727920
What's gamergate? Sorry, I was too busy playing video games.
>>
File: Nods-respectfully.gif (2 MB, 530x742) Image search: [Google]
Nods-respectfully.gif
2 MB, 530x742
Because Zoe Quinn has an innie
>>
>>24728030
How do beta white knights like this exist?
>>
File: 456488636.jpg (41 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
456488636.jpg
41 KB, 300x450
>>24728017
enjoy gone home anon?
>>
>>24727920
Anti-feminism is a good cause that will be shit on by the mainstream. "Video game journalism" is retarded and people just need to stop patronizing garbage sites.
>>
>>24728052
Actually, for the past month I've been playing Thief 1 and 2. Planning to play 3 pretty soon.
>>
Zoe Quinn's game is freeware. Who fucking cares if she sucked dick to get it mentioned in a list. All that effort could have gone to opposing EA games or IGN or fucking any other company that actually deserves it. Also, for a movement supposedly targeted at journalists, they mostly only really talk about developers.

>>24728065

Donating thousands of dollars to TFYC to prove "I'm not sexist!" is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 67654.png (119 KB, 500x192) Image search: [Google]
67654.png
119 KB, 500x192
>>24728091
which one did you prefer out of the 2 you played so far?

metal age is my favorite, but that's just me
>>
File: yakumo.gif (124 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yakumo.gif
124 KB, 320x240
>>24727920
>GG attacks the media
>Media attacks GG
>Normals listen to whatever the media tells them
>Normals attack/dislike GG
It's not that complicated.
GG was pretty stupid though because nobody seemed to know what the point of it was.
SBH asked "What exactly is at stake here?" and I think he has a good point.
It was a pointless circlejerk created by an idiotic /pol/ack.
>>
>>24727920
Even after having people try to explain it to me I still don't get why gamergate exist. My understanding is some slutkek girl sucked dick to get a good game review, why do people care about this and why do I hear about it so often and still hear about it today.
>>
>>24728017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcWm4B3EU4
>>
I think the people opposing GG on this board are SJW shills from tumblr and twitter

Anyone who opposes GG is an SJW. Either you're with us or against us
>>
propaganda. no media outlet is ever going to favorably cover any movements dedicated to exposing its corruption
>>
even anime thinks gamer gaters are creeps
https://youtu.be/tEXurYaIHao
>>
>>24728145
The first one so far is the best. The atmosphere just really brings me back, there's a uniqueness to it, it's one of my comfort games.
>>
>>24728210

Whats it feel like to have a toothbrush up your butt?
>>
>>24727920
Because a trait that is frequently used by humanity is "lying" and this particular topic involves a large number of people who employ this specific trait. These same people are also the type who tend to use "X is true because I say it is true" logic.
>>
>>24728200
I think the people opposing SJWs on this board are GG shills from cripplechan and /pol/

Anyone who opposes SJWs is pro-GG. Either you're with us or against us
>>
>>24727920
>Why do people keep saying gamergate is a bad movement when it has a noble cause
Because a crusade against bias in the press will naturally be denounced by the press.

Also to be fair, the thing started out as trying to get back at Zoe Quinn for being a hypocritical SJW whore with a messiah complex.

Which she is, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>24728228
Original line had literally nothing to do with Gamer Gate.

Translator was fired after episode aired because of backlash.
>>
File: 1445776378649.jpg (275 KB, 1051x951) Image search: [Google]
1445776378649.jpg
275 KB, 1051x951
>>24728200
I used to be an anti-feminist until I noticed how plenty of people on /r9k/, RoK and The Spearhead really do talk about how they want to rape and murder women. Considering the general reaction to people like Anita Sarkeesian, I don't see how you could portray it any other way

>Sexism is still a problem in western countries, guys
>NO IT'S NOT YOU FUCKING STUPID SLUT I WISH I COULD BEAT AND RAPE YOU

Pic related. Pretty typical example of over misogyny here. Now call me Reddit like the rest of the hivemind while complaining about SJW hugboxes.
>>
>>24728398
>average poster on /r9k/ in 2016
What a time to be alive.
>>
They are most likely misinformed, or more maliciously they are actively against it.

If they're misinformed, they probably just eat up whatever Feminists shit out and didn't consider another side of the story. Some education should lead them to agree.

If they're against GamerGate, it's probably because they're clickbait pseudo-journalists who stand to loose much if even the word "ethics" is mentioned or Feminists ideologues who don't want people to see how grimy and hateful they actually are.
>>
>>24728398
>waaah people say things that trigger me therefore trying to get preferential legal treatment is justified
>>
>>24727920
since when do five guys burgers come in cartons?
>>
>>24728343
>Translator was fired after episode aired because of backlash.
#JUSTICE
J
U
S
T
I
C
E
>>
>>24728398
>MUH THOUGHT POLICE

Go back to the UK, faglord.
>>
>>24727920
What the fuck is gamergate i keep on hearing about it?
>>
>>24727920
GO HOME GAMER GIRL

lol comment not original
>>
>>24728448
I've been on 4chan since 2008 but only used /r9k/ recently

>>24728472
>>24728500

Criticism isn't censorship. Neither is being blocked from using a privately owned platform.
>>
File: 1438493516463.jpg (315 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1438493516463.jpg
315 KB, 500x700
>>24728001
"fighting for the cause" yeah quit picking on women, you know how sensitive they all are
>>
>>24728629
>Neither is being blocked from using a privately owned platform.
It literally is, retard. Censorship doesn't imply government. And even if you're not doing something wrong crying to companies about forcing people to stop hurting your feels everyone else is still free to tell you to shut up and stop being a bitch.
>>
>>24728665
>Tfw no vulgar gf yelling slurs and taunting people in battlefield
>>
I was with the original Gamergate but then it got out of hand really fucking quickly and I jumped ship.
>>
>>24728695
>It literally is, retard. Censorship doesn't imply government.

In the sense of oppressing free speech, it does. A web company has every right to determine what content it hosts in order to appeal to its target marketing demographic and userbase. They had the capital, they pay for overhead, it gives them every right to avoid hosting your shit. You can hardly whine about SJW persecution complexes if you think consumers should have this level of entitlement.

>And even if you're not doing something wrong crying to companies about forcing people to stop hurting your feels everyone else is still free to tell you to shut up and stop being a bitch

They are free to do that, so long as it doesn't involve things like slander or legal threats (and it has), but most of the social backlash seems to be in the opposite direction, and it makes GGers like you mad as fuck.
>>
File: CKQOhzrUwAAP19L.png (269 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CKQOhzrUwAAP19L.png
269 KB, 500x375
>>24727920
When you criticize the press because they are all unethical assholes, what do you think the unethical assholes will do to fight you?
>>
File: 91yvQQR.png (772 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
91yvQQR.png
772 KB, 674x7920
>>24728398
>really do talk about how they want to rape and murder women.
Oh no, people talking about vague feelings on the internet that I don't enjoy thinking about.

How horrifying, better push them into a place I can't easily view instead of just ignoring them.

>Considering the general reaction to people like Anita Sarkeesian, I don't see how you could portray it any other way
You mean that scam artist in the same vein as Al Sharpton? Even /leddit/ doesn't put up with her shit anymore.

>Sexism is still a problem in western countries, guys
>NO IT'S NOT YOU FUCKING STUPID SLUT I WISH I COULD BEAT AND RAPE YOU
Strawman. The anti-fems typically refer to specific bullshit claims, e.g. manspreading, girls in tech, the wage gap.

>Pretty typical example of over misogyny here.
And the world is also filled with misandry. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>24728914
And companies that support sjw preferences over real people will go under unless they specialize in hosting slut acceptance blogs or manufacture XXL sweatpants. It all works itself out.

Mainstream is turning against you pussies. Even normie af southpark has started making fun of you.
>>
>>24728398
Hi friend, I hope you understand those are troll images created by feminists.

I know because my ex-gf was one such feminist that made fake rape infographs.
>>
Because the faggoteers who profited off of it (on both sides, InternetAristocrat is just as guilty as Quinn herself) marketed it to the roiling masses and diluted the issue from being an outcry over ethics in videogame media to being a shitflinging autism escapade the likes of which will not soon be seen again.
>>
>>24729082
How exactly did IA profit off of gg other than getting sweet yellow pussy?
>>
I like some of what gamergate creepshows have done when it comes to things like uncoving that gamejournos email list where people like Alex Navarro were outed for shaping "their industry" as they saw fit.

On the flip side, I don't know why everyone went out of their way to pay attention to Anita. The jew cunt would be largely irrelevant if she were left to scam other feminists on kikestarter and have her shitty youtube videos without the majority of people watching them doing so just to make themselves angry.
>>
>>24729125
She's a master baiter is why. Everything she does is meant to piss off teenage males.
>>
>>24728665
>tfw you rage and slur everytime you play a game
>ITS JUST A GAME BRO CALM DOWN BRO
J U S T

>tfw no gf that acts like a massive dick on voicechat
>captcha was cactus
>>
>>24728665
>ni no kuni

what a letdown that bore was
>>
>not really into gamergate but i was browsing /v/ when it happened
it was pretty autistic but a campaign to harass women was the last thing it was
are normalfags really retarded enough to believe the first thing they're told then spout it as if its fact?
>>
>>24729192
it didn't look half as good as advertised either
>>
>>24729196
Long time niGGer here, people come in to the tag, denounce us and then are flooded with logical/reasonable responses and leave either neutral or pro.

SJWs got smart to this and introduced some plants like ququ and john kelly to chase off gg from the inside.
>>
I really do despise everyone associated with GG on both sides.

It's a sideshow trying to masquerade as a movement. A distraction pretending to have a purpose. "Ethics in video game journalism". What a joke. More than anything the debacle is a stunning example of the infantilization of the consumer-citizen. Gamergate is a 'cause' for the perpetual child. What else could have moved these manchildren to action besides encroachment on their corporate manufactured dopamine dispensers?

The whole thing is fucked to hell spectacle of the 1st world's tragic decline.
>>
>>24729387
SA pls
>>
>>24729029
>my ex gf
>gf

Kek. Good one. I saw them posted in misogyny threads pretty often with no complaints of false flagging by other robots.
>>
>>24729501
because it's 4chan who the fuck cares? trolling 4chan is trolling a sea of trolls.
>>
>>24727920
I have never seen five guys come in anything but a ghetto brown grocery bag.
>>
>>24730038

I guess they really wanted to convey the five guys plug because the burgers only come in those grocery bags and covered in deliciously greasy tin foil
>>
>>24728343
>Translator was fired after episode aired because of backlash.

Source?
>>
>>24727920
The ends don't justify the means. Instead the means just give mainstream media an excuse to shit on the movement. The ends in this case being posting shit about raping and murdering dumb feminist skanks and their families. Which obviously aren't very effective because they've just parlayed their victim status into a fucking career and gotten far more media attention than video games ever do, much less ethics in video games journalism.
>>
>>24731227
The means in this case*
>>
File: IMG_2365.jpg (49 KB, 640x845) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2365.jpg
49 KB, 640x845
>>24728939
>When you criticize the press because they are all unethical assholes, what do you think the unethical assholes will do to fight you?

this.

i'm not really interested in video games but holy shit gamergate is one of the most fascinating and eye-opening things i have ever seen. i mean i was always aware that the media sometimes lies and distorts things, but i've only ever seen small examples of it happening, nothing on this scale.

they genuinely have the general public believing that a bunch of nerds who simply didn't approve of zoe quinn cheating on her boyfriend and sucking cocks in exchange for positive coverage and awards is somehow the equivalent of ISIS for fuck's sake.

the level of collusion and dishonesty among journalists was incredible and the sheer amount of power that they wield and the fanboys who will just swallow anything they read and treat it as gospel, no matter how fucking absurd, is just mind-boggling.
>>
>>24728001
Something about jet fuel and steel beams
>>
File: 1441815412197.jpg (11 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1441815412197.jpg
11 KB, 441x408
>>24727920
>noble cause
>video games
>>
>>24728398
>I used to be an anti-feminist until I noticed how plenty of people on /r9k/, RoK and The Spearhead really do talk about how they want to rape and murder women.

And what is feminism doing to make me stop thinking that?
>>
>>24728665
>Look at me, I enjoy something that was purposefully designed to be enjoyable!
>Isn't that weird!
>>
>>24728398
Is that also why your average feminist stars in facial abuse videos and writes about their rape fantasies on tumblr?
>>
>MARIE A. PARKER
>Parker was planning to meet her family to celebrate her birthday but got the address mixed up and ended up in front of the Inland Regional Center.
>She realized her mistake and was walking back to her car when she saw a man decked out in tactical-style clothing carrying a long gun. He screamed something she couldn't understand before bursting into the building and immediately opening fire.
>Parker said she sprinted for a nearby building where she hunkered down with a handful of other people, some of whom who were hysterical or crying. Among them was a woman who had encountered the gunman in an alley as he prepared for his deadly rampage.
>He told the woman not to move or say anything. When she asked what he was doing, he replied, "for necessary ethics," according to Parker. The woman said he had a strange emblem on his shirt with the letters GG on it. He didn't harm her, just asked her to stay quiet, Parker said.
>When the shooting ended, Parker said she ran for her car and fled.
>The whole episode lasted three to five minutes.

gamergate did san bernardino according to the associated press
>>
>>24731911

>and what is feminism doing to make me stop thinking that?

Ma nigga...
>>
according to zoe quinn gamergate started on /r9k/
>>
>>24731911
>And what is feminism doing to make me stop thinking that?
see: >>24731951
>Is that also why your average feminist stars in facial abuse videos and writes about their rape fantasies on tumblr?
it's my personal theory that they want to promote and encourage a "rape culture" to satisfy their fetishes because they're hambeasts that men don't want
>>
File: i hunger.jpg (77 KB, 319x475) Image search: [Google]
i hunger.jpg
77 KB, 319x475
>>24732083

First she said it was wizardchan, now it's /r9k/?

Gee, a woman using false victimhood as a weapon to turn on whoever she dislikes? What a shock this is.
>>
>>24731675
Regarding the picture: These british censorship-inforamas are almost comic.
>Terrorists use computers. If you see a computer, report it.
>>
>>24732143
I actually think it's pretty disgusting and sociopathic to target /r9k/ and wizardchan the way she did.

Men at both boards by and large are lonely, depressed, and terrified of woman. There might be some people who post on these boards who genuinely are misogynists and maybe even some who actively harass women, but she pretty clearly chose them to point the finger at because she thinks basement dwelling virgins are an easy target and no-one would ever stand up for either board.
>>
>>24732250

She chose them because people who aren't culturally pussy-whipped are a threat to the feminist superiority movement.
>>
>>24728398
>I noticed how plenty of people on /r9k/, RoK and The Spearhead really do talk about how they want to rape and murder women.

what utter nonsense. I've been lurking those sites for YEARS and I've never seen anyone say with even an iota of seriousness that they want to rape and murder women.

you are delusional.
>>
>>24727920
Her legs must be completely asleep sitting like that
>>
File: 1439571758726.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1439571758726.gif
1 MB, 300x169
Because it has filled /v/ with people screaming SJW SJW! and it has been spilling out into /vr/ a bit as well.

Fuck you guys, I just want to talk about video games, and why couldn't you go back and not give a fuck about those sites that you want to bust? I thought video game journalism was suppose to be a joke an ignored thus starving them from hits.
>>
>>24728170
people are sick of media pushing adds and agendas over facts. that's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>24732557
if that girl was real I'd date the everyliving shit out of her. but only if she was more mature.
>>
File: niggy.jpg (86 KB, 295x366) Image search: [Google]
niggy.jpg
86 KB, 295x366
>>24732593

You'll be wishing more people screamed SJW in ten years, you fucking pathetic bootlicker.
>>
>>24732668
Yes, I like having /v/ more of a shit heap. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: sillyhoodie3_TAG2.jpg (738 KB, 831x1235) Image search: [Google]
sillyhoodie3_TAG2.jpg
738 KB, 831x1235
Alternate version of OP image
>>
File: 1438516026056.jpg (5 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1438516026056.jpg
5 KB, 226x223
>grown men getting upset about the way children's games are marketed
>a noble cause
>>
>>24728398
>implying the image is serious
>implying that the denizens of these sites aren't frowned upon by the majority of society
>>
>>24727920
>white men do thing
>thing is bad because white men

In a nutshell compadre
>>
Gamergate is a consumer revolt.

basically

>games media slandered gamers
>games media lie in reviews
>games media is unethical and doesnt disclose information
>Zoe quinn sucked a bunch a dick to get favorable coverage on her "game"

This is what it started as. Now it's just a shit show.
>>
>>24727920
What gamergate is trying to accomplish isn't bad, the problem is that going against the feminists and SJWs directly only gives them attention, thus enabling them to be more noticeable by the media.

The correct way to counter them is to not give them attention at all. Pretend they don't exist and continue enjoying your hobby. Once they realize they can't push their agenda so easily onto "gamers", they'll try, and fail, to cry "MISOGYNY" against the likes of Hollywood or sports.

Feminists are still women at the end of the day. Whenever they start acting like children, you must respond to them as such. Do not try to speak with them as equals, nor should you negotiate,nor should you yell back at them. Ignore.Them.
>>
>>24728228
>dubbed anime
Well there's your problem
>>
>>24733730
>video games
>hobby

nope.

hobbies are constructive and skill-building. Like reading, crafts, hiking etc...

Might as well consider 'masturbation' a hobby if video games are.
>>
>>24733225
She doesn't have a dick? I thought this artist was good.
>>
>>24727920
Feminism is also a noble cause
It's the image individual groups get from other groups. Through random chance and circumstance, they're pitted against each other and become enemies.
>>
File: 4357.jpg (26 KB, 552x250) Image search: [Google]
4357.jpg
26 KB, 552x250
>>24733798
Anything else?
>>
>>24733798

What skills exactly are you building when you read books or go hiking? The ability to read better? To walk better? I'll give you that you will probably be healthier compared to sitting in your room all day long.

One can read a thousand books and still be a shitty writer. You can hike all day long and still know nothing about nature.

It matters what you make of it.
>>
>>24733917
The dictionary can fuck itself since it caved in and made "literally" not mean "literally"
>>
>>24733798
No true scottsman senpai desu
>>
>>24727920
Because everyone that reads reviews about anything instead of experience it themselves are the cancer
>>
>>24733225
they at least could have touched up the boobs area so it doesn't look like she still wears a bra.

looks fucking stupid tbqh.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.