[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should loners/introverts just kill themselves? It's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 54645.jpg (54 KB, 819x317) Image search: [Google]
54645.jpg
54 KB, 819x317
Should loners/introverts just kill themselves?
It's not like we can function properly in civilized society.
>>
>>24727579
>validate society's movement toward a hive mind
>just ignore who the queen bee is
fucking gross
>>
>>24727579
>anubis_and_excessive_trumpet_mummy.jpg
>>
>>24727623
I don't understand what you're talking about.
Are you disagreeing with me?
>>
>>24727646
don't worry about it it's not something greater society wants to acknowledge
>>
>>24727579
car seat headrest is really, really good
>>
>>24727579

That's a pretty loaded question, senpai.
>>
>>24727674
I only like that one song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApmjEbKQHk
>>
You can survive!
>>
It's all a matter of attitude, OP.

I'm as loner as it gets, and I'm trying to create the best impact on society that I can. To want anything less is pathetic.
>>
>>24727841
Peace and wisdom to you anon!
>>
File: zoidberg453.gif (89 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg453.gif
89 KB, 500x375
>>24727841
>I'm trying to create the best impact on society that I can.
By doing what?
>>
Why stop there? Retards and other handicapped because should be eradicated from the gene pool. This is coming from a literal autist
>>
Loners and introverts must be the inventors of society and progress it for chads and staceys to watch football and work business sector jobs.
>>
File: quartz.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
quartz.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>24727892
Is that what your English teacher in HS told you?
It's a load of fucking bullshit you idiot.
>>
>>24727884
>lack of social function is a lack of social contribution
>who is Tesla
>who occupy the countless jobs that necessitate comfort in lonliness

cull the old tbpqh
>>
>>24727856
You too, brother!

>>24727882
A good place to start is looking for (and dedicating resources to prevent) existential risks for humanity - things like strong AI, rapid climate change, etc.
>>
>>24727579
tesla, newton, etc
>>
>>24727951
>rapid climate change
Human's can't do anything about that.
>strong AI
Just like everything else, this involves interacting with other people which I cannot do.

Also,
>wanting to help humanity
Why would you want to do that?
>>
>>24727579
Nah.

I mean, if you want to kill yourself for a good reason, sure, but not just because society is geared towards extroverts.

Just because the system is shit doesn't mean you should give up and quit, y'know? Either work to change the system or work to improve the system.
>>
>>24727579
>It's not like we can function properly in civilized society.
Function is relative to what you want the subject to do, I'd say as long as you're doing what you want to do, you're functioning pretty damn well.
>>
File: 546654768.gif (759 KB, 499x286) Image search: [Google]
546654768.gif
759 KB, 499x286
>>24728143
Oh I don't to do anything though.
>>
>>24728029
>Human's can't do anything about that.
Nice conjecture. Either find a way to do it, find a way to save humanity from it, or pay someone else to do those things. Don't have any money? Make a lot of money.

Yeah, you will have to interact with people. Boo hoo. Who gives a fuck if you're a little bit uncomfortable or make other people uncomfortable if it means trying to save people?

>Why would you want to do that?
Why wouldn't you want to do that?
>>
>>24728202
>humans Fuck up the environment for their benefit
>let's change it back to how it was, ignoring the fact that this runs counter to what benefits man the most

stupid

Fuck the ecosystem, Fuck coastal cities, Fuck Muh bolar pears, Fuck the lies. the dinosaurs lived in a time with fucking stupid hilarious global warmth, I for one want to live in a world of giant worldwide foliage
>>
>>24728036
well if feeling outcast from society is your main motivation then you probably aren't going to be comfortable as a loner in the first place
>>
>>24728202
Jesus you're a fucking idiot.
Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>24727579
>implying other people are not disgusting and have nothing to do with my happiness
>>
>>24728275
I'm not saying "hurr hurr save the environment and the trees and the animals!!". I mean making sure we don't fuck up the environment to the point that society can't function as it should.

>>24728319
Nah brah, what's in the OP?
>>
>>24728355
It says "Be urself :^)"
>>
>>24728199
>Oh I don't to do anything though.
Nor do I, that's why I'm NEET. Although I do understand that sometimes you can't exactly do what you want so perhaps it's best to go with the path of least resistance, that's way it's less hassle since I hate stress the most.

Not doing anything can be the best feeling, especially when you got comfy music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxtfdH3-TQ4
Take for instance this song about working hard to get by, I take joy in the contents of the song itself (ska is so comfy) as well as the juxtaposition of me listening to it as I am a lazy stress-less cunt and the subject of the song, who is going through hard times.
>>
>>24728355
my point was that society tends to run counter to what's considered "natural order". depleting resources is fucking great for society, necessity is the mother of invention and the lazy inneffectual faygits get killed off
>>
>>24727579
Introverts are 30% of the population senpai. Life can still be enjoyable as an introvert, just because you don't wanna be around people 24/7 doesn't mean you hate people either.
>>
File: 1446332321388.jpg (214 KB, 793x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446332321388.jpg
214 KB, 793x1000
>>24727579
This is such a stupid premise. You live in the INTERNET AGE. This is as good as it might ever get for introverts. You want to be part of a vague niche subculture? It's right at your fingertips! Want to be the best at some obscure piece of shit game? There's probably people doing that, too!

Given the circumstances, assuming you are of decent mental health, the only person stopping you from functioning properly in "civilized society" is all you. Stop thinking of "civilized society" as the people you see in the real world. It's only a half-truth. Things are no longer that simple anymore, and haven't been for years.
>>
>>24727579
There's a difference between a loner/introvert and an extrovert that can't socialize, the former don't have to be sad.
>>
>seeking acceptance in a sick and degenerate society
>internalising the labels put upon you
>believing the lies being being force-fed to you every waking second

The only path to happiness is martyring yourself and killing all the kafars you can for the glory of Allah.
>>
>>24728453
good post. it's almost as bad as how normals on this board think average person tier robots who don't get gf because confidence issues or whatever are the same as ugly thirsty brash beta faggots
>>
>>24728376
Well then, meme me up scotty ;^)

>>24728415
You wanna know what's better for society than depeleting resources? Sustaining resources so we can keep society going forward for a long period of time.

There will always be limited resources. That doesn't mean we can't ever expand our well of resources. We're going to reach a point (probably already reached it tbqh) where scarcity leads to a loss in utility.
>>
File: 665654654654.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
665654654654.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>24728525
Only a Ultra-normalfag could care this much about society.
>>
>>24728586
Yes, because Chad thinks about all the different ways to save humanity while he fucks 2 Stacys at once.
>>
>>24728275
Humans are part of the environment. If climate change continues at the current rates, we will not be able to grow enough crops to feed people. Why are you acting like a mass extinction won't affect you?
>>
Why bother trying to make a difference? Personally I think the best life is one where you can be happy for yourself. Just do things that you like, doesn't have to be for the "greater good" even if you are working at some insignificant place, as long as you are not starving and can afford to have a hobby, then that's good enough for me. I don't have any glory to share with the world. Just with my Waifu.
>>
>>24728689
There's nothing wrong with wanting a legacy.
>>
>>24728722
But not everyone can do it. Chasing after at it when fate is completely against it is wasting time. Why bother fighting battles you will never win? You will only waste valuable time for things you could be doing for your benefit and pleasure.
>>
>>24728853
>implying creating a legacy for yourself and doing something for your benefit/pleasure are mutually exclusive things
>>
>>24728853
>Chasing after at it when fate is completely against it is wasting time.
>implying there's a right way to use time
>Why bother fighting battles you will never win?
It's something to do, fun, mentally stimulating or personally rewarding perhaps?
>You will only waste valuable time for things you could be doing for your benefit and pleasure.
Achieving a legacy is that benefit and pleasure in his eyes.
>>
>>24728853
It's just the dream of actually mattering in the world. It may be stupid to hope for, but it does give people drive.

Ignorance is bliss
>>
Intovert =/= loner
Many introverts do in fact have social lives, you know
>>
>>24727579
Most of civilized society would not exist were it not for the contributions of loners and introverts.

I'm not saying every last engineer, scientist and innovator was an introvert, but you can be damn sure enough of them were to make a difference.
>>
Plenty of introverts are capable of functioning properly in society. Sure they won't go to parties and whatnot as often as extroverts, and may enjoy their alone time a LOT, but there's plenty of space for us introverts to be part of it regardless. Not to mention that there are varying degrees/"severity" of introversion/extroversion.
Even being a full-on loner isn't a big issue nowadays, with the internet allowing you to function in society to some degree, acting as a tool to do things as well as buffer to filter out most if not all past social aspects of interactions and procuring of items and whatnot.
Doing groceries is just a mouse-click away nowadays.

By all means if you feel like killing yourself is the best option you have left, go for it as I think people have the right to end their own lives, but no, I don't think all loners/introverts should kill themselves at all. Not even remotely.

>>24728689
>>24728722
Both paths are valid in my opinion. Some people prefer a content life and may lack the drive/ambition to try and struggle for a better-than-just-livable life, other people do have that drive and may feel motivated to try and create a legacy of sorts.
Sometimes going for a life in which you can be content with mediocrity/averageness can be a first step towards obtaining a drive and motivation to see if you can push further, improve further, etc.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.