[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
retail thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
post here if you work in retail

i cant believe people still pay with checks
>>
I don't work in retail but i'm posting here anyway
>>
>>24727405
I'm a vendor. It fucking sucks cause they never see store employees &/ they end up asking me questions
>>
>>24727405
who is this semen demon?
I must know. She is a qt3.14
>>
I'm so tired of Christmas music. It's been playing for weeks and it's not even at its peak.
>>
Holy fucking shit. Why are customers so fucking retarded? Retail is nice because there is OT around the holidays, but goddamn if it doesn't suck having to placate all the morons.
>>
I wish I were confident and charismatic. I'd like to go all out with the job and talk to customers, go out of my way to increase sales. But I'm just too nervous. And I'm not very good looking, either.
>>
>working as a checker, bagger or grocery fucking shit

kek

produce master race here
>>
I don't work in retail because I'm not an unskilled savage.
>>
>>24727405
>first day of work as a cashier at a gift shop.
>suffer from turrets syndrome
>accidentally and by instinct say "NIGGER" while serving a black customer at the cash register.
>Black Man Gets pissed and calls for manager.
>I am there just trying to explain my condition as I mean no harm while uncontrollably swearing.
>Manager fires me from store
Just end all for me anons.
>>
File: 1434710701234.png (26 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1434710701234.png
26 KB, 450x450
>Work at Starbucks
>Someone comes in and rattles off like 4 drinks
>Get the first cup out
>"What was the first one again?"
>mfw they get annoyed but I'm not a fucking machine and can't remember all your dumb specific drinks and all the shit you want in them
>>
Electronics from Target

Seriously anyone else here think off the boat indians are lower than Nigs? Because I sure do.
>>
>>24729293
Does food service count as retail?
>>
>>24729324
I work at one in a Target, so I guess. I work other places in the store when hours get low or I get sick of fucking coffee.
>>
>>24729358
>fucking coffee
but doesn't that burn your dick, anon?
>>
>>24729297
>Indians worse than Nigs
Fuck off, I'm Indian. Indians are smart people and we are certainly more civilized than you fucking white people.
>>
>>24729379
>I knew someone would say it

Yeah, but once you let it sit for awhile it's not so bad. It's only about 150 degrees or so after a few hours.
>>
>middle aged woman comes up to me
>"Excuse me do y'all have YOGEET?"
>"Wh-I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"
>"YOGEET! I saw the sign in the front! It's not with the ice cream!"
>"Okay, I'll ask the frozen person."
>ask frozen person, they have no fucking idea what I'm talking about
>"Uh, sorry ma'am, frozen lady said we don't have Yo-geet."

Fucking YO GEET
>>
>>24727405
yeah that girl is 10/10

would wife even in the face of encountering glaring personality flaws
>>
>>24729381
I was gonna say this. The only Indians I know irl are badass engineers, doctors and scientists. It might be because the only engineers I know work at the university, but still.

Anyway. I appreciate India for sending their best and brightest to the states and keeping the designated shitters on the streets of India
>>
>>24729495
Thank you. At least I wasn't spammed with "poo in loo" so that's a first.
>>
>>24729381
>indians
>civilized
People in your country shit in the street on the regs. Car accidents are a major problem due to no one following the rules of the road. You believe the cow is sacred and let them wander your city streets. Your city with the lowest rape incidents is still higher than the highest in America.

Dude, I could go on an on, your people have the potential but right now, y'all are literally worse than nigs. I'd take sheniqua who has no concept of how shitty Beats headphones and only knows that she wants them over some sweat smelling indian fuckwit who only wants the new Ipad air 2 because it comes with a giftcard. (They will later attempt to return the Ipad, but fail because they didn't realize they also have to turn in that giftcard)

Don't kid yourself Indians < Nigs
>>
>>24729381
Indians make the worst customers though, they're stingy as fuck and will dispute any minor pricing error and hold up the lines. So the thing you bought rang up for 5 cents more, whoopdefuckingdo just let it go. Also they'll dispute shit even if they're wrong.
>>
You guys always seem pissed off when I need a few seconds to get my change into my pocket and my money in my wallet.
>>
>>24729520
Yeah. I mean, it seems like india itself is experiencing a massive brain-drain. Like I said, I live in a mid-size town in the middle of the US, and we have a massively disproportionate amount of Indian staff in STEM at the university. Indian people seem pretty cool, but india itself seems like a 1/10
>>
>>24729620
In some stores they time us and bitch when we aren't making good time. Could be what's happening. Either that or you're holding up the line. Honestly, we all prefer those who pay by card. It's quick, requires less work, and everything flows better.
>>
>>24729620
Just grab your change, move off to the side, THEN put away your money. Let the next customer step up in the meantime.
>>
Yep, if a grocery store counts. I... I'm amused by the looks like it's painful for them to engage my services. Parents with their kids are the worst.
>>
>>24727405
i quit working at kmart a month ago, i have been working random jobs constantly since 06' and honestly it's the greatest feeling to not work and just do whatever i want

btw fuck you manager mike just because you like horror movies doesn't make you fucking unique, all you do is smoke cigarettes and act like a faggot control freak-hope you fucking die from yr diabetes
>>
>>24729666
It seems that way even in laid back gas stations where there is no line. Maybe it's just me being a self conscious robot.
>>
>>24729666
Assuming that the transaction is completed, your register productivity is all that counts really. The customer comes first. And that means the ones leaving, too.
>>
>>24729721
>The customer comes first
>retail
Not really, like it's important to be nice to them and all but it's more important to ring out as many as possible in the shortest time possible while maintaining the illusion that you give a shit.

Also the transaction isn't complete until anon jingling his coins for 3 pennies pulls them out and hands them over because he may not actually have those 3 pennies and will instead just pay with the $20 bill he has in his other hand.

In my retail store I know we time people on how quickly they pay once I've run everything up.
>>
>>24729927
Yeah but worrying about your time has always seemed pointless to me. Retail cashiering is psychological barrage, but in my experience I've never felt threatened by higher-ups because any dolt can do the job and they don't want to bother replacing someone with a consistent schedule.

Instead, I focus on positives and try being nice to everyone. If it pisses someone off that I listen to and understand the weirdos or the bumbly ones, I don't care. Very little empathy in retail, so I try to be different.
>>
Here's what creeps me out: so many customers say the same damn things

>When you don't have any customers at the register, and one comes in
"Oh you look bored, I guess you were waiting for me haha!"

>Helping the customer and bagging their groceries
"Can I take you home with me?" (I've heard this so many times).

Its fucking weird man.
>>
I work at Costco as a part time job with uni. I dont like working here, you spend 5 days of the week doing mundane task pretending you're happy with the other adult co workers who do it for full time.
I wish my parents had money and didnt live check to check
Costco is one of the better retail places to work at but it still fucking sucks because your weekends are GONE
>>
>>24730021
I mean people will start small talk so things arent steange, it is what it is
I hate it too but at Costco we get in trouble if we dont fake small talk with the customers.
I've seen many cashiers use the same jokes on many customers because we are told to attempt to make them smile
>>
I work at an old fashioned meat company which includes a small amount of retail

Nobody really trained me on how to use the register but then someone quit and I had to start using it more and I think there's like 10 sales that were made but never recorded

The hours are shit and you bust your ass all god damn day but the people are alright and we all drink beers afterwards
>>
>>24730021
Normies man, they're all the same it's like they have no concept of being original

>something doesn't ring up
"I guess it's free ha ha!"
>>
File: 1331277563297.jpg (44 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1331277563297.jpg
44 KB, 400x550
>>24729381
>designated shitting streets
poo-in-loo, hadji
>>
File: Great_Indian_Civilization.jpg (114 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
Great_Indian_Civilization.jpg
114 KB, 485x723
>>24729381
>Indians
>smart
lmao
>>
i work at harvey norman and i am so sick of hearing 'WHATS THE BEST PRICE ON THIS MATE?' like FUCK OFF and just pay the retail price.

also when its down by 40$ and im LOSING COMMISSION by selling it to you do not fucking dare to ask if you can have more off. i am angry.
>>
>>24730087

Work would feel so much more tolerable if I could hang out with my employees afterward and talk about all the annoying things that happened that day, over some beers. But for me its just punch out, go home, and come in and do it again.
>>
>>24730322
It's nice until you realize that all of your fellow employees are giant normies with absolutely 0 taste and all they talk about is smoking weed and fucking chicks. If you can put on that facade its a decent workplace but the work is like factory tier shit
>>
>>24729564
this is true. i'm indian but work in retail and all the time i get indian customers who think they're better than me and make me do annoying shit like climbing ladders to get products or taking all the items off a shelf only for them to complain about it not fitting them perfectly or the price being too high.

whenever an indian asks me for help now, i do the bare minimum and tell them "what u see is all we have." fuck them desu
>>
>complaining about checks

Retarded woman detected
>>
>>24729297
It seems everyone holds that opinions about goddamned Hindus. Even liberal PC police fags hate the Hindus. Goddn entitled nigs
>>
>>24730322
SAME HERE i cant imagine how full time workers could enjoy this life with weekend work day in and day out, but I guess its either that or neet
>>
>take 15 minute break
>manager comes and looks for you

don't you hate how all managers at retail stores are power-hungry authoritarian masochists?

they're the worst kind of wagekucks. they don't even get anything in return for their cvckoldry.
>>
>>24730749
Just ignore them. They're toothless.
>>
>>24730749
My manager doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything except the money aspect of the business. As long as you're on time, and don't do something which costs the business money he barely acknowledges you're there. He does ordering, rostering and all the reports and stuff like that but he doesn't seem to do anything else other than serve customers. The 2IC seems to do more work than him and is the one always whining.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.