[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curious question for all you "just bee yourself" sarcastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
File: 1422405026721.jpg (270 KB, 1372x1280) Image search: [Google]
1422405026721.jpg
270 KB, 1372x1280
Curious question for all you "just bee yourself" sarcastic meme'rs:

Have you not made the acknowledgement that you are literally nothing like the people you are trying to aim for? Is the idea to get someone that society deems attractive to indirectly render yourself attractive and accepted?

Most of you clearly don't like furfags, so then why the fuck would you like selfabsorbedfags or illreasoningfags or consumeristfags, enough to want to be around them for an extended period of time?

I'm beginning to think you just want an ego boost or something. It has nothing to do with actually wanting them for the "love" they "offer".
>>
Bump for the insane morbid curiosity that has plagued me all day.
>>
File: 1448536766474.png (423 KB, 915x579) Image search: [Google]
1448536766474.png
423 KB, 915x579
I guess I haven't made myself clear then.
>>
tl;dr you bastard
>>
Bumping one last time for a slight chance someone will respond.
>>
I have no fucking clue what you are trying to say
>>
>>24728102
When people say "Jus b urself", they're implying that they can't if they are to be accepted. For what reason would you not be yourself and put your life through misery around someone that is literally nothing like you? This "jus b urself" wouldn't be necessary if the lovers they sought for were similar to themselves. It's then obvious that if you are your real self, you will draw in the people who you will actually enjoy being around, and receive the love you people can't seem to get enough of.
>>
>>24726445
>Have you not made the acknowledgement that you are literally nothing like the people you are trying to aim for?
Yes.
>Is the idea to get someone that society deems attractive to indirectly render yourself attractive and accepted?
It's not indirect.
>Most of you clearly don't like furfags, so then why the fuck would you like selfabsorbedfags or illreasoningfags or consumeristfags, enough to want to be around them for an extended period of time?
We don't like them, we want what they have, which is to say a healthy social life.
>I'm beginning to think you just want an ego boost or something. It has nothing to do with actually wanting them for the "love" they "offer".
Not sure how you missed the point this far, everyone else doesn't even know what you're trying say because you're so out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 480x848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 480x848
Hitler tried to be himself ._.
>>
>>24728219
You're freshly reminding me of how little you are aware. What I'm asking is simple.

>which is to say a healthy social life.

EXACTLY. So all these people saying "jus b urself and then be accepted and get gf" [sarcasm implies that they have to fake their way through it] do not want a stacey gf, or any for that matter which are in said society. Ready for the quote that I originally started off with?
>THEY JUST WANT TO BE ACCEPTED AND PROVE THEMSELVES ON EQUAL LEVELS WITH THOSE THEY HAVE TO 'B URSELF' AROUND

If you are looking for a fucking girlfriend, BE YOURSELF. You'll inevitably draw in the people (however few they are) who are like you, and when/if it happens, it will be amazing. Not this Stacey bullshit.
>>
File: 1449195673710.jpg (66 KB, 575x523) Image search: [Google]
1449195673710.jpg
66 KB, 575x523
when in rome, do as the romans, i guess.

they aim too high so they can and will never get a girlfriend. Most of the faggots here are as deluded as the landwhales that demand 10/10 on tinder, an yet they still mock them.
Almost all '>tfw no gf' faggotry would be solved if they actually looked for women with the same interests and 'in their league', but they are so alone and so far gone that they have subconsciusly invented ways to cockblock themselves, they refuse to get a girlfriend out of spite. no matter what girl you present to them, it will be always lolroastie or >she'll leave you for chad.
this board's problem is not chad nor the normies, is the fucking board. if you faggots had realistic expectations and knew how women work, you'll be happy and with a girlfriend by now
>>
>>24728469
Christ you're an idiot. The reason "b urself" is a meme is because that's what guys with trouble having girls hear all the time, and if they take it to heart it doesn't go anywhere, because that's what they were doing in the first place. It's not about getting arm candy, it's about getting any human connection at all.
Fucking lurk more.
>>
>>24728578
It's not a matter of lurking.

>because that's what they were doing in the first place

I. Know. I'm fucking saying this. So the sarcasm comes into play, and in order to "b urself" then is to be someone you are not.
>>
>>24728670
What is your first language?
>>
>>24728700
I'm understanding you well.

But what I'm saying is that the people who say this also want a gf, the sort who will tell him to "b urself". Do you get it yet, or not?
>>
>>24728740
>the people who say this also want a gf, the sort who will tell him to "b urself".
Yes of course, the meme is they're saying this with the understanding it won't work, that it's a bit of useless advice. That's it completely, what you seem to be arguing is that it's somehow correct in the first place. Years of painful experience bears out that it isn't.
>>
File: men women rate.png (15 KB, 993x296) Image search: [Google]
men women rate.png
15 KB, 993x296
>>24728515
Don't be silly, men have much lower standards in the first place.
>>
>>24728785
It's not useless at all. You'll find good reason to not care about fitting in with a group that is nothing like yourself. It's marginally comparable to wanting to fit in with the tribalmen dancing in circles to the sounds of insane guttural monkey screams around a fire. You probably don't. That's because you share nothing in common.

Save yourself the trouble. Actively search for the few that are like you, and when it comes, it will give you a new perspective on reasons why "Stacey" and the culture associated with it are not ideal for you.
>>
I think be yourself is not as literal as it means, it's a little more abstract and people just say it because they think it's a polite saying without knowing what it means.

You can be a lot of things. Eat a lot of greasy food and you'll be fat. Eat healthy and you'll be skinny. Wear all black and listen to shit music, you've become a goth. Of course, you can't be everything.

If you become something, it is a part of you and you might become more comfortable and more confident with yourself. Unless you become something negative that makes you ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>24728886
>You'll find good reason to not care about fitting in with a group that is nothing like yourself.
For introverted, socially awkward and perhaps slightly autistic people there is rarely anyone like yourself. Fitting in with people unlike yourself is you're only option for fitting in anywhere at all.
>You can be a lot of things.
And it tends to take a conscious decision to change to find social acceptance. Change is the opposite of being yourself. You're becoming someone else and compromising one thing for the other. It's not just about what shape you're in or working on your conversational skills. For example I absolutely hate music - but one of the first things to come up in conversation is "What kind of music do you listen to?" Not even a question of if, just what kind. I can force myself to engage with a media I dislike to have some common ground with the general public, but I'll be feeling worse about something to feel better about another.
>>
File: 1448302416943.png (119 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1448302416943.png
119 KB, 500x521
>>24728832
>/r9k/ is a good representation of males
>implying the robot doesnt hate women in general
its like you dont even browse the board. were you in that thread today about the 10/10 streamer that was dating a neckbeard? all replies were either 'lolfake' or 'roastie, she'll leave him for chad in a year'
>>
>>24729007
If you're anything like me, please take my word on this:
They have absolutely nothing to offer you.

I can communicate to people, but only the basics because anything more would take me to the land of boredom. I hate going there for the sake of social interaction. I'd rather be alone and happy than to bore myself to tears following the etiquette and values of society.
>>
>>24729007
>Change is the opposite of being yourself.
I disagree. I think we are always changing.

>You're becoming someone else and compromising one thing for the other.
You're not becoming someone else, you're defining who you are. Describe yourself as a child, what did you like? What were your favorite past times? Describe yourself now, what do you like? What are your favorite past times? Are they the exact same?
>>
File: 1438481632461.png (121 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1438481632461.png
121 KB, 500x378
>>24728900
you could even be nothing, I think everyone should be themselves because I hate copycats but I do hate normiefag comfort quote memees like "be urself" "achieve ur dreams" blah blah blah pretty much stuff any 12 year old would feel deep for thinking up, obvious goddamn shit >.<
>>
File: Male-Messaging-Curve.png (13 KB, 396x324) Image search: [Google]
Male-Messaging-Curve.png
13 KB, 396x324
>>24728832
Its funny you leave out the accompanying image, which completely proves his point.
>>
File: 142836.jpg (274 KB, 520x696) Image search: [Google]
142836.jpg
274 KB, 520x696
>>24726445
I stopped giving a fuck about any of that's as soon as I came inside a pussy without a condor

Its all the same shit in the end
One big joke and death is the punchline
>>
File: Stupid.png (62 KB, 280x255) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.png
62 KB, 280x255
>>24729325
>Using woman's initial message rates as an indicator of anything

Women on dating sites don't message first unless they're super desperate, they have no reason to since they easily get 20+ messages per day. Thus you've got the bottom of the barrel women fighting for the average guys demonstrated in that graph, while any women that's not a goblin just filters her messages by height and income.
>>
>>24729439
What? Can you read? It clearly indicates men messages to women, not the other way around
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.