[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If humans are just compositions of trillions of molecules moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1423397478289.png (459 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
1423397478289.png
459 KB, 592x480
If humans are just compositions of trillions of molecules moving through space, how do ethics or religion mean anything?
>>
>>24724913
>how do ethics or religion mean anything?

They don't. If you're religious in the modern-age you must have brain damage.
>>
>>24724974

I see you're a bit of a skeptic
>>
fuck this bait
>>
>>24724913

they don't, ethics are just a way to prevent people from inflicting maximum pain on each other as our sadistic genetics demand us to do.
>>
File: science.jpg (51 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
51 KB, 450x299
>>24724974
Keep listening to the men in the long flowing robes as they proselytize from scripts you don't understand.
>>
>>24724913
Because those molecules come together to form conscious human beings with thoughts & feelings.
Fuck I hate this stupid "bro we're star dust so nothing matters!!!" trash thought.
>>
>>24724913
>If humans are just compositions of trillions of molecules moving through space

They aren't. The supernatural is very real.
>>
>>24724913
>If humans are just compositions of trillions of molecules
How does that change anything. I don't understand, that doesn't change that there are conscious people hurting and suffering.

I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make up, most likely you have already decided those two don't mean anything, and are trying to find some way to justify it to other people.
>>
ey yo bro how can ya say this shits from ya mom is tasty

its just a composition of disgusting cheese molecules and other atoms.

how can ya say that this brings memeorys to ya mind yo faggot
>>
>>24725168
I know right? You are literally denying your existence, literally.

If you make this claim, maybe you aren't conscious at all, that would explain it.

>>24725174
It isn't necessary to call it supernatural, you and I both experience qualia independent fundamental to our selves every day, its what makes us us and constitutes what we call reality.

The atoms and all that are just observations and inferences made from looking deeper into nature, but all observations are still made by the same consciousness that we are.
>>
>>24725176

>that doesn't change that there are conscious people hurting and suffering.

Define "hurting and suffering"

Molecules don't suffer.
>>
>>24725256
I've come to the conclusion that you don't experience subjective things like I do, so I can't explain it to you.
>>
>>24725120
Sadistic genetics? Weird. I'm naturally nice as a reaction. Maybe you are just an asshole.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.