[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you stop trying, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: 1431424876742.jpg (150 KB, 797x957) Image search: [Google]
1431424876742.jpg
150 KB, 797x957
Why did you stop trying, /r9k/?
>>
I never started
>>
My father/siblings didn't want me so what's the chance anyone else will?
>>
>>24721040
failed uni so it was either wagekekoldry or to give up and live off savings.
Also got cheated on by 2 GFs, so no longer looking for a roastie.
>inb4 normie get out
>>
You can't try your way out of 168cm mate
>>
>>24721040
Forced onto wrong prescriptions by parents and psychiatrist at age 8. Shit still fucked up.
>>
>>24721040
There's no hope. It's like depressive reality - seeing things as they truly are.
>>
I'm an entitled piece of shit that thinks he deserves everything, so I get pissed off at every mistake I make.

I hate the player instead of the game.

I'm hyper self conscious and I can barely talk in a social setting without analyzing everything I say over and over to the point of exhaustion, making most social interactions not worth the effort.

Love is just a game and I'm sick of playing.
>>
>>24721040
the end result is the same regardless.
>>
>>24721413
Is this like horoscope, shit that applies to everyone?

Or are you me?
>>
My mind seems to try everything it can to make sure I am never happy
>>
In highschool when I asked my childhood crush to prom and she said she didn't have enough money for the ticket, so I offered to buy her ticket. She said she couldn't accept that and said she would rather just hang out together on prom night. It's not like this was a random girl either. She was the only person who I felt actually "got" me. She was the one who I talked to every day on Aim. I was elated that she had said she would rather hang out instead, as we were both socially anxious at the time. That moment was probably the happiest I've ever been.

Not two hours later on the next break, I head over to where our friends hang out and she's already there talking with one of her friends. I hear the topic of prom come up right before I round the corner. Wondering if she felt the same way about me as I did her, I kind of stopped around the corner to see where the conversation was going. "So Anonette, anyone ask you to prom yet?" "OMG! CHAD ASKED ME TO PROM AND HE OFFERED TO BUY MY TICKET FOR ME TOO! I'M GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

She never mentioned to anyone I had asked her first or that she had already made plans with me. It hurts knowing she made plans with me with no intention to follow through and she could just drop them not even two hours later. I wish she had just said "No" to my face.

She ended up going to art school and became a hyper feminist genderfluid tumblerina and now dates a hipster chad on and off who is struggling with being an alcoholic.
>>
>>24721040
Because I got tired of failing
>>
>>24722471
No it's just how I feel, fucked.

>>24722693
>get asked to go to winter formal
>accept
>pretty happy this girl is cute and i know her friends
>show up to mp room
>shes there with another guy
>i thought we could go the three of us as friends

Yeah.
>>
File: femjoy_113506_019.jpg (657 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
femjoy_113506_019.jpg
657 KB, 2000x3000
I can't beat my anxiety and my ugliness
>>
File: 1444261411843.gif (863 KB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1444261411843.gif
863 KB, 277x300
>>24721040
>9:40
>mfw I sleep until 12:30-13:00 every day
>>
File: envangelion given up.jpg (42 KB, 530x805) Image search: [Google]
envangelion given up.jpg
42 KB, 530x805
>>24721040
Because it just SO easy to not even try, it takes literally no effort and that feels just great!

They always say that the first step is the hardest.... as if that's supposed to be an incentive. That's pretty funny.
>>
File: bad feel.png (375 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
bad feel.png
375 KB, 718x538
>>24722824
>go to bed at 4AM, maybe 5
>wake up at 2PM, which I guess is 14:00 in French time
>mfw I'm exhausted from sleeping 9-10 hours
>>
>>24722837
It's supposed to get people through the first step, not start it.
>>
>>24721040
Because I don't have anyone in my life to do it all for, and I don't give a shit about myself.
>>
>>24722905
Sleeping during the day isn't as restful anon. You're also probably sleeping too much. Maybe your sleep isn't restful for other reasons as well.

I actually sleep better on weekends when I get less sleep (6 hrs) vs. 9 during the weekdays.
>>
File: 2245365.png (115 KB, 313x327) Image search: [Google]
2245365.png
115 KB, 313x327
>>24721040
because at some point I realised none of my achievements actually changed my life or more importantly made me happy.
>>
>>24722964
>through the first step
I know this is right but I just can't accept it I'm sorry. How is a person supposed to know that instinctively?
>>
>>24721040
No contribution is remembered. I have no reason to do things for other people's benefit. In my one life, I exist for myself. Even the most impactful accomplishments will eventually disintegrate. It is the natural cycle. Rather than fight for the unachievable, I accept that eternal memories of people are impossible. I enjoy myself.
>>
>>24722993
>Sleeping during the day isn't as restful anon.
Citation needed.

If the room is dark, there's not much difference.
>>
The state of California and my therapist told me to stop trying and take the neetbux
>>
Trying in the past never got me anywhere. Whether it be with socializing, in school, or in the gym. I've made progress in all these areas, then lost it, because even after achieving any form of accomplishment I felt nothing.

Socializing is physically exhausting, and the payoff never seems worth it.
The progress I make in the gym is for vanity and social approval, which is a fucking stupid metric to measure yourself by.
I'm graduating college with a useless degree after all the hours I spent studying, alone.

Nothing is pleasurable, and the medication doesn't seem to help anymore.
>>
I haven't yet but I feel like doing it at this point. right now im just passing through life without caring
>>
Because i hate myself and actively work to fuck my life over, so i guess im trying in a way but on the other side of the spectrum.
>>
Stopped trying for love because it's a stupid game. Fuck being with people, fuck trying to slowly build the relationship between you and them. Not worth the fucking effort and risk of getting stabbed and torn to pieces
>>
File: 1446741945039.jpg (336 KB, 923x1168) Image search: [Google]
1446741945039.jpg
336 KB, 923x1168
Because it's just too fucking hard and i'm too slow/lazy.

My mom baby'd the shit out of me when I was younger. I was never forced to do anything. It also doesn't help that I don't know what the fuck to do. It would be a little better if I had someone by my side.
>>
>>24721040
Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up
>>
>>24721219
What do you mean by failed uni?
I'm currently fucking up college and need to know what the quitting point is.
>>
I ran out of steam trying to get good grades and all that shit. I realised that the 'finer things' in life weren't appealing to me, neither were things like family or friends. So I slacked off and dug myself into a pit that's too difficult to get out of even if I wanted to.
>>
>>24723561
You just know anon. You just know...
>>
>>24721040
I have extreme height, broad, masculine shoulders and chest. I build muscle super fast.

I've done everything right and I'm still that ew kid at the back of the class because of my face and personality.

I'll never amount to anything.
>>
>>24723175

Humans evolved to be diurnal. Day time sleeping is unnatural and bad for you.

They've tested it sleep labs a good bit actually, and day sleep is generally thought to be less beneficial than night sleep.

>his study suggests that mistimed sleep can alter circadian rhythms, so the cycling of many, many genes is impaired," said Dr. Mark Wu, assistant professor of neurology, medicine, genetic medicine and neuroscience at Johns Hopkins University. "What this could cause, they can't really say -- except it's probably not good." Wu was not involved in the new research.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20140121/sleep-during-the-day-may-throw-genes-into-disarray?page=2
>>
>>24721040
Because there's literally no way to win outside of divine intervention on a massive scale.
>>
>>24722693
Before anyone tries to scream "ROASTIE!" men do this shit all the time too. It's actually probably most people that are awful and will make plans with you knowing damn well they have no intention of following through.
>>
>>24721040
Sick of losing tbqh.
>>
You can only stand playing a game for so long before the frustration builds to the point where you're putting your health at direct risk.

The options then become one of the following:

>A: Take a breather and do other shit

or

>B: Stop playing the game entirely and opt out.

When Option A becomes exhausted as a result of using your last shred of hope, Option B becomes the most appealing.
>>
>>24721040
Official thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiG--6CDdR4
>>
When I learned there was nothing that to hope for that I could ever actually achieve
>>
>>24721219
Doesn't the inb4 kind of prove you're a normie?
>2 GFs
This isn't up for debate.
>>
I never tried in school or made a lot of friends because I had to look after my disabled dad. I wanted to go to uni and do something with my life but didn't because I felt guilty.
>>
>>24724563
>Not In The End

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_vadj0f4Y
>>
>>24721040
When I realized there was nothing to try for. Getting a GF just means you got evaluated by a gene selector who decided that through the luck of being born correctly you had genes good enough to pass on to the next iteration of the game. Even your personality, which you're taught to base your self-worth on (nice guy > asshole, smart > dumb, funny > dull, etc.) is all just the luck of how you got born and raised. Oh boy I sure do feel happy that I got personality X instead of personality Y, otherwise my life would be complete shit! I should be grateful I'm me instead of you, because you turned out to be a dick and I turned out to be a great guy! It's all luck but whatever, I'm happy!

Nothing is worth valuing and everything is fucking stupid.
>>
I have my neetbux.
Thanks doc.
>>
File: despair.jpg (144 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
144 KB, 800x567
I'm almost 25, a raging alcoholic who works four nights a week while also doing a fulltime masters degree that is retardedly demanding. I am jacked as shit on uppers during the day and drink until I pass out when my day (or night) is over. At the moment I'm at work, writing a paper after having woken up 18 hours ago for a full day of classes. I get the famous "four hours then wake up with a burning headache that restrains you from falling back asleep" due to the alcohol, pop some painkillers, go for a run to sweat out the most, shower and start all over again.

Even before all this I had a crippling depression that I can't place on anything other than my state of mind being so vehemently masochistic and tuned for eternal suffering, and since I have started to have litteraly no free time shit's deteriorated to unreacheable extent. My therapy is subsidized, which means its not nearly as intense as I'd like it to be (though it helps) but I can't afford to pay for a different program with the rent, my alcohol and sigarette consumption and the occasional meal taking up most of my cash.

To boot I am in general a very socially active person and now have no time or no energy to see my friends, let alone meet any fuckeable women, for so long that my self-image also went down the shitter. I fantasize about the beautiful girls I had and can't get over the fact that I'm not fucking anything for so goddamn long that it makes my ego shrink. I'm so fucking lonely and I can't deal with it for much longer.

So while I haven't fully given up yet because I'm still going through the motions it can't take much longer before I break beyond repair. And fuck me, I'm wishing for it now.
>>
File: 1440629395459.jpg (57 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
1440629395459.jpg
57 KB, 640x609
28 here. Will be 29 in the spring. I think I've officially just stopped trying.

>depressed all the time now
>every time I see a girl, even an a v e r a g e one, my first thought is "yeah right, she wouldn't touch me if she was about to lose her grip and fall into a volcano, but she could live if she'd take my hand."
>lost almost all drive
>just going through the motions at this point
>>
>>24725315
This. I absolutely hate people who are too dumb to understand this concept. Especially women, they are so high strung on traits that in the end no one had a lot of control over. It's disgusting people aren't more tolerant because of this, but whatever fuck it I guess. Stupid normies
>>
>>24725363
Iktf i wish i was just dead
>>
File: tumblr_ns5wuyorJr1uc8yjeo1_400.gif (553 KB, 265x385) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns5wuyorJr1uc8yjeo1_400.gif
553 KB, 265x385
no motivation, i live in the less worst area of mexico, yucatan (yes im a fucking spic, kill me when i finish of type this shit) i see the world in a real way, depresing, no hope, only a few friends and are normies but im ok in that, no one wants to know me because im a beta who never talks and preffers to play on a psp that i still have since 2009, im that guy who it only can think in the worst case escenario, im 20 and i dont know what to do, like i literally dont know what to do animore, im good in computers but not that good for study something based in sistems, im good speaking english and learning another languajes, probably the only thing that i suck less its in cooking so im probably gonna try gastronomy, but im afraid that if i fail in that, im probably gonna hero, this is probably the first time im very open about how i feel everiday...
>>
>>24725310
I always saw that as a break-up song for some reason, but yes that's also a robot classic, an oldie even.
>>
>>24725496
and i didnt change the name of the picture when i downloaded it from google images, fucking kill me.
>>
>>24725496
Lol wtf is gastronomy? Chin up spic friend, just quit giving a fuck and join the cartel or some shit. Become El Muerto burrito and get into a standoff with chapo with your Sombrero on
>>
>>24725681
too lazy for that.
>>
>>24725681
Gastronomy is intestine and stomach medical shit.
>>
>>24725743
Sux sounds fun. You know they say people only change once the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing. So change u burrito fuuuckkerrrr. You baked potato fuuuuuckkerrrrrrrrr. Chicken FUCKERRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>24725681
>>24725769
make a quick search and looks like in fat land the carrer its called just *Chef*, here its *gastronomia* in a decent form of talk.
>>
File: 1449182531865.jpg (45 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1449182531865.jpg
45 KB, 540x540
>>24722905
i lived that life for too long... Was an alcoholic at that time too. Trying to fix myself at the moment. Failed normalfag here i come!
>>
>>24721040
Today I've decided to embrace my insanity, the fact that I'll never be loved more than platonically, and that my life will be a meaningless waste of potential.
>>
>>24721040
all that stress isn't worth the results, besides someone else will eventually pick-up whatever I possibly had the potential to do instead, so no real loss there.

It's nice and comfy like this, I don't have to try and it's not like anyone's expecting me to try so why try.
>>
File: 1424378540460.jpg (11 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
1424378540460.jpg
11 KB, 197x256
How do I stop caring /r9k/? I feel like I try to hard and worry too much.

feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>24725828
Glad we squared that away
>>
File: Immortal Trump.jpg (25 KB, 419x430) Image search: [Google]
Immortal Trump.jpg
25 KB, 419x430
>>24723103
Most impactful accomplishments will eventually disintegrate?
>Tfw someone figures out immortality
>Tfw he doesn't tell anyone
>Tfw his achievment won't disintegrate until the end of the world
Checkmate depressed people!
>>
Dealt with olfactory reference syndrome for two years and barely got through college and didn't/don't want to go to uni for the sequel. Fear and spite has consumed me, anon.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.