[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Nightwalk/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: nightwlk.png (31 KB, 1275x208) Image search: [Google]
nightwlk.png
31 KB, 1275x208
Nightwalk thread

Why do you do it, what have you encountered while out?

I always go out down by the lake from 11 until whenever I'm tired enough to go back home.
Seeing snow fall in the street lights with no one around is very calming.
>>
nightwalking with a friend is nice
haven't done that in years
>>
>>24717204
Why don't you solo walk anon?
>>
I do a lot of field recording and photography for music and art projects at night

Always got hassled by the cops because I look suspicious as fuck walking around with a recorder and camera at 3am. Probably think I'm a peeping tom or something.

Talked to a friend who is a lawyer specializing in public spaces, freedom of expression, and demonstrations. He gave me a bunch of photocopies of Sec. 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which pertains to freedom of expression, and gave me the idea to make photocopies of my government arts grant approvals. He advised me to politely refuse to answer any questions about what I'm doing and just give them this little booklet with my grant forms and Charter pages.

Cops now know me on a first-name basis and avoid me like the plague because I'm such an annoying pain in the ass but they still have to come talk to me periodically if some old lady sees me out in front of her apartment building and calls 911 because as suspicious black youth is prowling around.
>>
>>24717502
Woah, that's pretty awesome your buddy helped you out with the legal stuff there, still must be annoying having people assuming your some kind of creep.
Do you have any of your photos on your computer? I tend to go out with a crummy disposable camera and get experimental shots
>>
I take a nightwalk atleast 5 times a week. Its pretty much the only time of the day where I can completely calm my mind and get my thoughts in order
>>
Do you guys listen to anything when you're nightwalking?
I have a playlist specifically for nightwalking, and then an album of Chopin's Nocturnes which are nice to listen to and watch the clouds go by the glass light of the moon through a thin veil of sleet.
>>
I want to start nightwalking at like 2~4 am but I'm scared someone is going to attack me
>>
>>24717611
Carry a knife to protect
>dem dubs
>>
Because I live in East Acton and don't fancy getting shanked.
>>
>>24717048
I nightwalk most Friday and Saturday nights at my university. I live in the upper campus while all the parties and sounds are in lower campus. It's pretty peaceful. Can't wait for the snow to start falling.
>>
>>24717502
>Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
>Canadian
>Freedoms
Your friend was probably confused, that doesn't sound like something that exists. Fortunately, being Canadian, it sounds like the cops were just as confused as well and were intimidated by your educated friend, who sounds not only educated past third grade but possibly sober at the time of his actions.

Unfortunately, you're black, so anywhere you go you're associated with niggers, the further south you go the worse it gets.
>suspicious black youth
Having lived in Dallas, I can attest that at least in Burgerland, that is the only type of black youth.
>>
>>24717608
Music ruins it for me because it forces me into a certain mood based on the genre.

I'd rather just walk and listen to nothing and just see where my thoughts wander off to.

>inb4 edgy
>>
>>24717635
B-but what if I get pulled over by a cop?
>>
>>24717661
I'm excited for snow for nightwalking and so I can trip again outside, it's incredible how small we are in the grand scheme of things, as well as in comparison to buildings.
so teeny
>>
>>24717696
>What are you doing
"Just out for a stroll officer"
>"Carry On"

Piece of cake
>>
Nightwalking while its snowing is so fucking comfy.

>that complete silence
>>
File: 1433373977275.jpg (483 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433373977275.jpg
483 KB, 1024x1024
>>24717741
Nightwalking with snow is MAX Comfy
>tfw no normies out
>that silence
>the stillness
>the light from the moon
Normies can never know such pleasures without making it "A group activity"
>>
>>24717689
Totally agree with you. The silence is one of the best parts.

>>24717703
I want to get some pictures of the landscapes. Those sort of pictures are some of the only things left I enjoy.
>>
>>24717687
i'm too high to understand what's going on here
>>
File: 1446842414995.jpg (40 KB, 576x406) Image search: [Google]
1446842414995.jpg
40 KB, 576x406
>>24717048
but i'd get mugged t b h
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 720x960
>>24718408
I believe you can do it big guy.
>>
>>24717048
Sounds nice but I live in a black neighborhood so I would rather not get shot and/or mugged
>>
>>24717784
Is that frenchman mountain in the back? Why are there trees
>>
>>24717608
what's on the playlist? got a Spotify link or something?
>>
>>24717048
Really love it, but had to hop a fence to run from some wiggers a while back. Never actually been mugged despite growing up in the United Caliphate of Londinistan, but close calls tend to sour the mood for a couple of months
>>
File: 71BLhEc8xyL._SX355_.jpg (21 KB, 355x318) Image search: [Google]
71BLhEc8xyL._SX355_.jpg
21 KB, 355x318
>>24719909
This album and solo albums from Dustin O'halloran
>>
File: discography-pianosolos.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
discography-pianosolos.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>24719909
His solo work is awesome
>>
>>24720054
>>24720068
thanks man. I'll check them out later
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.