[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get online friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: tfw.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
2 MB, 320x240
I've pretty much come to terms with the idea that I'm never going to find any meaningful companionship online, so I'm trying to find something online to fill the void instead.

In the rare event I actually manage to find someone that looks interesting enough to message and doesn't ignore me straight away, I have a lot of trouble actually carrying a conversation and even stopped responding a few times just because I don't know how to respond (doing this makes me feel really guilty so I haven't messaged anyone in a while since I don't want to make them feel bad)

Pic unrelated
>>
Being an asshole online will find you tons of friends online believe it or not. People like it.
>>
>>24716734
I'm too beta to do that, I feel guilty when I'm mean to someone on here
>>
>>24716704
>Create a Twitter, not in your real name obviously
>Begin talking shit all over the site
>Gain mad followers
>Soon enough join a friend group
Twitter is your best chance, anon.
>>
>>24716830
>twitter
I have one but only have like 2 people I know on it and rarely ever use it. I'm not funny or creative enough to get a wide network of followers
>>
File: Autistic Avengers.jpg (109 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
Autistic Avengers.jpg
109 KB, 736x490
>>24716704
you missed the days of r9k skype group autism. Sorry senpai
>>
>>24716889
First of all
>Two people you know on it
Never have real lifers on your Twitter
Secondly
>Not creative enough
Shitposting is easy and a great faucet for followers
Lastly
Just alpha the fuck out on Twitter if you're anonymous on it
Have fun.
>>
>>24716704
Is that crossdresser Bill Nye?
>>
>>24716889
Follow some funny accounts with only a few thousand followers and interact with them a bit until they follow you, post some funny shit they retweet it boom you'll have a couple hundred followers
>>
File: 1448668444176.gif (988 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1448668444176.gif
988 KB, 500x280
>no friends for 8 years
>won't get friends online or offline
>no one to even just play video games with
>>
>>24716999
>crossdresser
Don't do this to me senpai
>>24717116
I'm not good with social media, I end up forgetting to post
>>24717169
Iktfb
>tfw just want someone to chill and watch cartoons with
>>
>>24717169

Gaming communities help a bit in that department senpai
>>
>>24716918
shin is a fagget
>>
If you want to get cute girls to be your friend on tumblr

make a tumblr
make it hipster
i mean like actual hipster tier
where girls will like
just message girls and ask them if they want to be friends
works 90% of the time
im talking about girls with less than like 1000 followers
when thye have like 20k its impossible to even talk to them
i can give you examples of how to make your blog look if you like

hell, there are even
talk-to-me tags
>>
Are there any fembots who want a girl online friend?
I'm so lonely and crave female attention.
>>
>>24717327
Can't, I'm a manlet
>>
>>24717411
I'll be your friend but I'm not a fembot and doubt you're one too
>>24717303
What if I don't play video games
>>24717327
I really don't want go anywhere near tumblr desu senpai
>>
>>24717481
Well i don't know desu, but forums/communities are usually a good way to start, not matter what it is, there's always something for your interests.
>>
>>24717481
You sound boring as shit.
>>
>>24717530
I am desu
>>24717525
I've tried forums but I'm so used to chans that approaching people with some form of identification is kind of daunting and everyone that I talk to on there ends up ignoring me. The last time I even came close to making friends on a forum was when I orbited some qt on an anime forum in my early teens
>>
>>24716759
>I'm too beta to do that, I feel guilty when I'm mean to someone on here

Being a decent human being doesn't mean you're "beta". For many, this anonymous online environment is the only place they can exercise their rage and frustration at the world. That doesn't make them "alpha" in any sense.

As for answering the OP, make people feel valuable. Ask questions about themselves. Remember details about them, like their name (seriously). Make a person feel like they're valuable and they will follow you to the ends of the world.
>>
>>24717481
I said 'no males' in the most polite way possible yet you still had to comment with your passive aggressiveness. I sure wonder why you have no friends.
>>
>>24717726
Sorry

>>24717716
That's not what I meant but I see your point, being a nice person as you put it doesn't really help though
The reply above is exactly what I mean, even now I feel bad and this will probably be on my mind the rest of the day now

I try to do that but I'm not sure how comfortable people would be answering personal questions with someone they barely know and at what point it becomes OK to become more attached
>>
File: Shin.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shin.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>24717319
Shin a good boy he dindu nuffin
>>
>>24717726
You sound like a grade A cunt yourself, not surprised other girls avoid you like the plague.
>>
>>24717411
will a tranny suffice?
>>
>>24718299
Go take your anger/failings in life out in someone else please.
>>24718322
No.
>>
File: 1434902696574.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1434902696574.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>24717411
>I'm so lonely

Mmm delicious
Must be that no one likes you or something
>>
you sound a lot like me. i'll be your friend if you want to message over skype or something.
>>
>>24718389
lol you have no friends
and it's really obvious why
>>
I have a gf but no friends, how fucked am I? Gf want to do stuff together all the time...
>>
>>24718537
my skype is idktfb if you or anyone else wants to add me but i'm going to sleep in a bit so might not be able to reply straight away

if i don't reply, let me tell you in advance its not your fault at all and just me being too autistic to even make online friends
>>
Start playing mmos, you'll have the game to deflect your awkwardness
>>
>>24716734
Thats surprisingly true anon
>used to be nice/tryhard in most games
>have no friends and don't do shit
>start griefing and being a general dick constantly
>make loads of friends and am liked
I don't get people :/
>>
>>24717716
>>Being a decent human being doesn't mean you're "beta".
AHAHAHAHAH holy shit omega detected loooool
>>
>>24719260
I've been into mmos lately, but how does one get friends in there?
>>
>>24719662
Too late for that, there's no popular MMOs where the grind is too much to do alone.
>>
Join Deviantart and chat with random people on the Recent Deviations page, they appreciate random friendly comments.
I've made better friends via Furaffinity and Deviantart then in real life.
Believe it or not the majority of people there aren't mentally fucked, most people there just wanna dump some silly OCs and fandom shit.
The fetish stuff is just weird, avoid them altogether.

I'm probably just lucky for the friends I made there, but its relatively simple for making friends to fool around with.
>>
>>24719721
Oh well, I'll keep playing and maybe something will happen.
>>
>>24716759
>I'm too beta to do that, I feel guilty when I'm mean to someone on here
Understand that they can probably take it.
You are not hurting the person, you are just another drip of diarrhoea in the shitstorm that is 4chan
They understood what was going to happen once they stood in

It also matters "how" you're an asshole. It's a strange thing to describe, but not everyone on here is looking to lash out on people.
There's a lot of degrading humour but it's kind of character building.
Nobody here has an identity so any criticism or degradation is done with practically zero consequences if the receiver has some level of ability to deal with it.

So there's this "it's okay we're not really being serious" vibe.

If you dish insults out, it's best to do it with a snark/ dank maymays to make it funny and not just straight up dickish.

You've also got to know how to deal with being vulnerable. You do this by understanding that the worst case scenario holds no consequences, and that you can get through it.

>>24717716
>this anonymous online environment is the only place they can exercise their rage and frustration at the world
Nope
>>
>>24719987
And to add to this,
The humour behind this whole concept has evolved to the point where sometimes posts REALLY attempt to get under your skin.

Bait threads/ posts are an obvious form of this, but this also includes things like rekt threads.
Everyone has a curiosity for morbid reality, so those threads are most populated by non-psychopathic users. But when you see a dog get beaten to death in the context of "HAHAHA REKT SONNN" it immediately gets under your skin.
You were baited.
You "lost the game". Also you just lost the game.
>>
>>24716704
It used be easy in 2005. Just type nicely and join a chat room with girls in it.

Chat rooms are dead now, but their spirit kind of lives on in some video games, and maybe other places that I am not aware of.

So yeah, find a game that girls actually play and that has a good chat system.
>>
>>24720185
>in 2005
It was best in the mid to late 90s though.
>>
your steam id?
>>
>>24721498
I wasn't on the internet back then. Did girls really use the internet in the 90s though?

In 2005 I was 15, and I could go to some chat site and find plenty of other 14-17 year old chicks, including hot ones. Was that really possible in the 90s?
>>
>>24717726
>I sure wonder why you have no friends.

If you're going to go there, you immediately reacting to someone saying something you don't like with that is a pretty good indication why you're friendless these days yourself
>>
>>24718389
You're the one who got angry first, so you can add lack of self awareness to the reasons why you're lonely
>>
File: 1441256562092.jpg (185 KB, 800x780) Image search: [Google]
1441256562092.jpg
185 KB, 800x780
>>24716704
>tfw she deleted all of her videos
>>
>>24722270
>Did girls really use the internet in the 90s though?
Yes, the rare intelligent ones who didn't give a shit about Chad.
>>
>>24722470

>tfw no more asmraurette waifu
>>
>>24722470
unfortunately thats not the case.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSG77dD1FE
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.