[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm working mexican tier carpentry but the pay is good (900
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1448448667976.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1448448667976.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
I'm working mexican tier carpentry but the pay is good (900 a week senpai) and I hate it

I graduated high school with a 3.0 4 years ago.

I did research on law enforcement but I won't get hired having smoked weed over 20 times. (Once a week since beginning of 2015.

Should I continue onto a higher payed trade like electrician work or go to CC for 2 years then transfer to a real school.
>>
How does one just get carpentry jobs like that with no experience
>>
>>24715913
I'd say electrician work if you're solely considering PAY

you're making about 45k a year with carpentry and most jobs won't make more than that unless you're considering grad school or engineering
>>
>>24716068
My dad is a contractor and had me on job sites since I was 11. I don't work for him because I burned that bridge, but I knew basic to intermediate shit and picked it up really quickly. Plus I think it helps that I'm bilingual.
>>
>>24716068
Have you ever met a carpenter? They are only slightly smarter than a drywaller. So long as you got steel toed boots, a hammer, and a hard hat, you can be hired off the street. If the housing market is booming, you can actually demand more money from them for your services, too.
>>
>>24716128
Electricians make the same I make just work a lot less hours.
>>
>>24716143

Yeah I know it looks easy and just5 needs a little manual dexterity but you still need to own very expensive tools I thought and you also need to know the slang words for this and that. Probably a 20 hour video crash course would fix me up good if I didn't have other problems.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.