[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: 33244007.jpg (587 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
33244007.jpg
587 KB, 600x839
Hey there, /r9k/

How are you doing? Is your day going well? Have a problem you want advice on, or simply want to vent? Is there anything interesting you'd like to share?

Whatever you have, this is the thread for you. Come in here, feel comfy, feel welcome and forget for a bit.

And remember - you are the reason miracles happen
>>
What the fuck is this thread?

I hate you, OP.
>>
>>24715799
This thread is for talking, anon.

And as for that - it's quite alright, we all have things we hate.
>>
I had a shit day comfort me lads
>>
>>24716111
What happened, anon?

In any case, grab a cup of your favourite drink, get comfy and forget about your worries.
>>
>>24715064
I got laughed at by some customers because of my stutter. It's kinda funny when they initially think I'm just fucking up, then they realize I can't speak correctly because of shit genes. Normies can't handle how awkward it is when I just stare at them with a straight face after.
All in all, a pretty good day
>>
I added a steam friend last night & they have a cute profile picture & profile but it turns out that the person is actually a girl.

makes me feel weird in a negative way
>>
>>24716170
I am sorry people are inconsiderate to you, and I'm glad you've found a way around it.

>>24716194
Why would that make you feel weird, anon?
>>
>>24715064
advice, from some retard in a loser forum
>>
My day would be going a lot better if I had a programmer bro to speak Italian with. Please help.
>>
>>24716264
Advice does not become better or worse depending on who is saying it. Listen to the words, the sense is in them, not the mouth speaking.

>>24716269
I am sorry, anon, I can't help with something so niche and specific. I hope you manage to figure out your problem, help or not.
>>
>>24716261
I never understood why anyone would laught at it to begin with. I've tried therapy multiple times but it never works, I've accepted I'll never speak smoothly.
>>
>>24716428
People are very quick to judge and make assumptions, and base their behavior on that, even if some physical traits bear no relation to character ones. The best example of this is how good looking people are often treated better and trusted more easily and thought of as better people.

Good on you for accepting yourself despite being mistreated.
>>
How do I get over her?

Even though I've yet to tell her how I feel, shes kind of made it clear that we wouldn't be nothing more than friends. She is a lot older than me so the age gap doesn't help things, and I know that even if she did give me a chance that it most likely just won't work out.

Yet, I just can't get over her. I think I'm falling in love. Its just not as easy as 'cut all contact' because I see her at work all of the time and she's friends with all of my other work friends.

People say all of the time that if a girl rejects you, that its her loss, but it just wouldn't feel that way to me if I tried it.

I'm afraid of rejection, so would telling her how I feel be the only way I can lose these feelings and go back to living my life before she came into it, and be good practice to help me get out of my shell and stop being so beta?

Or am I better off not even attempting it because I know it won't end the way I want it to?
>>
>>24715064
I feel stupid all the time. I really want to be good at math but I'm so dumb. How do I accept myself?
>>
Im skyping with the girl of my dreams right now how the fuck do i tell her without making her think ing i am a retard or just not being awkward about it

Please help me R9K
>>
>>24716566
This is a difficult situation to be in. It is not easy to face your and chalk up the courage to express your feelings, doubly so considering your job might become involved. But if you love her, you should try. That would be my advice. You owe it to yourself, and to her. It's not just her loss, you both lose if you could have been, but never try.

As for forgetting her, . I think the only actual way with getting over someone is to find another person for your affection, but that is often impossible. With love, there is also hurt.

>>24716697
Comprehending something more often comes down to having it properly explained to you, rather than being intelligent enough to understand it. But if you think that is the case with you, the easiest way to accept it is to stop wanting something you cannot achieve.

>>24716783
There is often no way to avoid the awkwardness of saying something so personal and intimate. It also often doesn't matter what you say exactly, because she either shares your feelings or she does not. I hope you find your happiness tonight, anon.
>>
>>24716566
Oh that feel. I'm going through the same thing so I can say this with confidence.
All people like us can do is just wait it out Either we will get over the person (6-12 months) or we can kill ourselves/
>>
>>24716566
>>24716836
>It's not just her loss, you both lose if you could have been, but never try
That's what I needed to hear. Thank you very much for the advice. I will give it a chance, don't want to ponder what could of been.

Do you think I should pull her to the side and talk to her about it the next time I see her or wait a little bit for a better moment? She drives me home from work and knows when something is bothering me and asks me about it. Would it be better to wait for her to do that or just get it out of the way asap?
>>
Who are you OP?
I hope you're having a good day my brother.
>>
Today I talked to a girl. I think I was not much autistic, but I don't underestimate my power to screw everything up.
>>
>>24717013
I think big or unexpected news are best presented when the person receiving them can have time, space and privacy to think them over. Doing it in the middle of the work shift might make her uncomfortable and distracted. I think it would be best if you wait until she's just about to drop you off at your home - that way you can talk if she has an answer, or simply leave her to her thoughts if she'd rather think about it instead.

>>24717041
I am just a person who enjoys listening. Thanks for the kind wish, I am, and hope you are as well.

>>24717101
That's nice to hear, anon. You should also not underestimate your ability to make everything just right.
>>
I'm being a beta orbiter with this girl and can't make myself get out
>>
>>24717150
Thanks, senpai, but my experience shows me that things always go wrong in my life. I will not build my hopes up, it only makes everything more painful after it goes wrong.
>>
>>24715064
I haven't had a drink since May, but I'm thinking about starting up again. I think I can control myself.
>>
>>24717013
>>24717150
Alright, then thats what I'll do.

Thank you for everything, I appreciate you going through the trouble of making this thread and giving out advice to people like myself, it means more then you think.

I need to hop in the shower now and get ready for work now. Enjoy the rest of your day and wish me luck!
>>
>>24717189
Friendships shouldn't be based on a power-dynamic. You need to be on equal footing, otherwise things are not genuine, nor are they real. What's your relationship with her like? If she is using you, you shouldn't stay. And if you can't because you want her - why do you a person using you? Don't stay around someone who can't appreciate you just because you fear being alone.

>>24717252
Past experience is often misleading. There are many things I can do today, that I couldn't do a year ago. But I can do tomorrow what I can do today. You only need to succeed once.

>>24717255
Why did you stop drinking? Why do you think now would be different?

>>24717308
Thanks for the kind wishes.
Good luck today, tomorrow, and on all of your days. I hope everything works out for the best,
>>
>>24717367
>Why did you stop drinking? Why do you think now would be different?

There was a girl who I used to talk to and she was against drinking. She wasn't interested and we barely talk anymore, but I continued to avoid drinking to see if my mood improves. Half a year later, didn't really help, but I like drinking since it helps me fall asleep quicker and I'll admit eases the loneliness a little.
>>
>>24717439
I've been there, drinking myself to sleep almost every night and to forgot loneliness. Sleep pills don't work with me. But it reached a point where drinking only made me feel worse. I was crying like a girl almost every night.

I still can't sleep without something to numb my brain, but I've changed the booze for weed. At least it makes me happier.
>>
>>24717439
There are some things you need to consider - your mood and general state of affairs is influenced by a lot of things. Removing drinking from your life might have helped, but due to other intervening factors, you might not have noticed. Alcoholism is an easy thing to get into, and a hard one to get out of.

But a lot of people have their own ways to make life a bit easier. I too have trouble falling asleep, and have resorted to reading books in bed. If you think a glass would be helpful, and wouldn't harm you, do so.

It's very important to be honest. If you're trying to justify something that will destroy you, don't. You only own an explanation of your choices to yourself.

>>24717480
I am very sorry to hear that, anon. I am glad you found a better alternative, and I hope things turn out better in the future.
>>
I've finally come to terms that I don't like this girl and I just want what I can't have.
>>
>>24717597
Things we want are often things we don't have and see only the glamour, but not the problems with them. It's a bad feeling, but it goes away with a bit of experience, when you can tell you really want something, and reason why you do.
>>
>>24715064
Well shit here we go
I'm 18, still in secondary school. Got held back. That doesn't bother me.
What annoys me is I'm ugly and shit at most school subjects. I'm good at politics if that makes sense, and you might think that's a job, but it's not. Still live with my parents, and even if I did to into politics as a career, I wouldn't get elected because the party I'm with is too small.
Oh btw, my weed dealer is taking too fucking long to get us any. I can get cocaine easy though, as fucked up as that is. I can get that but not weed lol, should I try it?
>>
im crazy fucked up in the head
>>
fuck i hate these threads
kill yourself op nobody wants your shitty normalshit advice. seriously kill yourself
>>
>>24717868
Physical appearance is something that can be improved, but for the most part is something you're stuck with for life. Don't let something you had no say in dictate it.

Eighteen is still a young age, and most people haven't moved out by then. Especially if you're still in school. Move out when you're ready to live on your own, not when other people expect you to. And if you are good at something, do it. You might not achieve what you thought of or set out to, but other people will notice you, and help you.

As for cocaine, it involves a lot of risks, as I am sure you are well aware. It is important to try things, but it is also important to be reasonable. Are you willing to gamble with your current life for a chance at a new high?

>>24717901
I am very sorry to hear that, anon. Would you like to share?

>>24717904
This is an advice thread. This is a thread to talk. If you ask for opinions, you shall have them. If not, you will only be listened to.
>>
>>24717901
XD LOL IM SO CRAZAY AND RANDOMM LOL I AM LIEK TOTALLY FUCKED IN THE HEAD XDDD

just off yourself bud
>>
>>24718062
I mean I want to try it because marijuanaman won't give us any. If I had weed, I wouldn't even use the cocaine, and after finding out how it works from a friend, I worry it could kill me lol
>>
>>24718141
I see. Then that's a terrible reason to try it. Decisions that can have an irreversible effect on your life should not be taken lightly.
>>
Me and my ex gf broke up about three weeks ago. She said it just wasn't the same anymore. I felt like with this girl I could spend the rest of my life with her. We went from speaking everyday for about 8 months to not speaking at all. But I'm over the break up already and I honestly don't know how I feel about. I don't really know where I'm going with this but its the first time I've said it, so yeah I guess.
>>
>>24719615
Sometimes relationships just don't work out. There's not an obvious cause or reason, just a lack of feeling or connection.

I am glad you were able to put it behind you. Better luck in your future romances.
>>
>>24716111
At least you're not being held in a basement against your will and raped by some mountain man or something.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.