[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friends. I understand that all of you are very anxious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: 1439917066685.png (762 KB, 786x576) Image search: [Google]
1439917066685.png
762 KB, 786x576
Hello friends. I understand that all of you are very anxious and confused. I used to be just like you. Over a short period of time I managed to turn my life around but it was not without a little help. 3 days ago I overdosed on LSD. While I didn't take THAT much, I did definitely take more than I was intending. Something incredible happened to me though. I died. Letting go of myself and my physical body to become part of something bigger. I realized all of the things in my life that were related to my ego and all of the things I was doing that made me sad. I saw all of the reasons for everything I do and think and I didn't like them so they changed. I used to be just as anxious as any robot but I haven't felt any anxiety at all since my experience . I think that all of you robots are confused and if you did a large dose of LSD the world would make sense to you, and your anxiety would melt away. Just a suggestion for people that I really care about.
>>
>>24714333

Tried to and was given fake LSD, almost got gg no re'd but I spit out the tab once I noticed my tongue was burning. Felt like shit for a whole day tho. Much better than losing your mind senpai baka
>>
>>24714394
I've never been giver Research chemicals but that sounds like a smart idea, spitting it out. Just order drugs off the internet, they're cheaper realler and better!
>>
Are there any hallucinogens which last something like 1-2 hours? I want to try something someday but my schedule's too tight for setting 3+ hours aside just for drugs.
>>
>>24714502
DMT is the drug youre looking for
>>
>>24714333
Translation: 'I became indifferent to anything that isn't social self-gratification via spouting platitudes'.

Thank you, but I want to actually solve my problems, not pretentiously declare that 'they are insignificant in the grander scheme of things'. Fuck off, druggie.
>>
>>24714534
>>24714333
Also, 'stopping feeling anxiety' is the surest way to returning to react instinctively in discussion as opposed to cultivating the mindset of hearing a question, deciding innerly whether I want or should reply and how, and then dispensing the answer -- or not, depending on my choice. 'Psychedelics' just make you even more of a normie than you had been, replying instantaneously without thinking.
>>
>>24714591
In other words, I have never been anxious, but I know the feeling of wanting to close my eyes and ears so to avoid being socially overwhelmed. And thank God for that, because it made me realize that the empathy that 'psychedelics' increase is just emotional noise that keeps me from colluding with myself when it comes to discussion, being autistic as it were and only hearing one's own reasoning for a moment.
>>
>>24714640
Normal people do that without looking like socially inept spergs when they're having a serious discussion rather than idle chit-chat. Accept you're just a socially awkward dude who doesn't know how to communicate rather than some kind of covert intellectual. The sooner you see through that kind of delusion the sooner you'll be able to at least pretend you're normal.
>>
>>24714333

>>24714394
You got NBOMe, with NBOMe came the end of being able to casually drop mystery blotters. They are like 2C-x on steroids and not many people actually like them, especially not psych naive individuals. I liked it the one time I did it but the nausea and come up made me feel like Dark Helmet holding on to the railing as his ship entered plaidspace.

>>24714534
*Tips my fedora to you respectively.*
>>
>>24714688
What is your definition of proper communication, druggie? Would be nice if you defined it before you accused me of delusion.
>>
>>24714534
Anti buddha detected.
>>
>>24714751
Detection implies covertness, retard.
>>
>>24714640
I'll be honest, I don't really understand what you're trying to say but I can assure you that you are confused and not understanding what I'm trying to say
>>
>>24714718
I'm not the OP, I'm talking from experience. You sound exactly like me when I was like 12 years old and desperately tried to convince myself I couldn't relate to normal people because I had some kind of unique insight into the world which made me wise beyond my years rather than the real reason (that I spilled spaghetti whenever I talked to any human being who wasn't family because I was sheltered as fuck).
>>
>>24714758
Take it easy friend. Maybe try a few psychedelics for yourself.
>>
I reached something that psychonauts apparently call "level 8a geometric visuals" which is also described as a breakthrough. I think DMT is probably actually a better way to get there as you'd have to do a larger dose of LSD to get a similar effect. I however have never tried DMT. Does anyone have any insight as to if DMT would create a similar breakthrough experience or should I just take lots of L again? Would DMT feel too intense? Thanks
>>
>>24714760
I mean that when the subject of, for instance, gambling comes up, a sober person would discuss probabilities, and a druggie would ramble off on a tangent about people are idiots and how one should take up responsibility for one's life instead of letting opportunities to enjoy life pass. Or on the subject of medicine, the druggie's rambling would be about the evil corporate money-grubbing system suppressing natural medicines as opposed to, say, ways to predict feasibility of government spending in surgery as opposed to prevention, and so on. Every time with the self-righteous indignation and expectation for the other person to appreciate their 'broader insight' and focus on 'broader relationships' as opposed to petty details. Being preoccupied with 'body language', too, eager to interrupt a reply with 'I can see that what I'm revealing doesn't sit with you well, else you wouldn't have winced that way'.
>>
>>24714845
I googled that and it sounds like it's precisely the kind of thing which a human brain wouldn't be even able to properly conceptualize if it was real. The drugs just make you think you can see a lot of cool geometrical shit and your senses don't know better.
>>
>>24714763
>'Psychedelics are revelatory.'
>'Well, what did they reveal to you?'
>'I... Well, I... UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR CURRENT UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD IS LIMITED AND THAT THERE ARE STILL THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW AND THAT YOU SHOULD KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE SO MUCH PRIDE IN YOUR INTELLECT AND YOU SHOULD DISPLAY SOME HUMILITY YOU AUTIST!!!'

Every time.

Literally every time.
>>
>>24714952
In other words, they just make you parrot a pitifully limited couple of anti-intellectual cliches while insisting that there was magical 'understanding' involved, too. Would be just retarded were it not societally harmful.
>>
>>24714952
I don't even use drugs you dumb-dumb. And the ranting in your post has nothing to do with what I wrote. I'm saying you're in denial that you may actually be a run-of-the-mill sperg and delude yourself into thinking your social awkwardness comes from some kind of unique and special trait in true edgelord fashion, and that the sooner you take the fedora off the better.
>>
>>24714952
>>24714980
But that's what happens when you take a substance that literally makes you brain believe that it understood something without a thinking. It's like a child or a dog being given a treat without having done anything, just because. The dog is deeply convinced that they must have done *something* to deserve this. Exact same thing happens with druggies, who swear there must have been *some* epiphany -- except 'i-it was deeply personal, it is n-not possible to express in words!!!'.
>>
>>24715008
>you may actually be a run-of-the-mill sperg and delude yourself into thinking your social awkwardness comes from some kind of unique and special trait in true edgelord fashion, and that the sooner you take the fedora off the better

I am just as much of an angry, insulting, hysterical normie as you are. All I do is acknowledge that 'psychedelics' exacerbate this.
>>
>>24714894
Then you make too many generalizations. I do none of that.
>>
>>24714333
nice post OP, already thought about doing something like this, but normally i dont take drugs.
>>
>>24715014

Always thought this but never knew exactly how to express it - druggies BTFO!
>>
I did LCD once and salvia a couple of times. I died in a salvia trip once, too. While I was hallucinating a huge flood ended the world and the walls in my room were dissolving into the air as the water drowned the city. It felt completely amazing.
Both drugs left me feeling like I knew so much more and way more mature than before, but it hasn't changed my life. I'm not as anxious as before and I'm generally happy as opposed to being depressed, but I still have no gf or accomplishments, and that is a much more important part of happiness than just being "enlightened".
>>
>>24715088
>generalizations

NOT ALL

>>24714763
Also, by the way, I recently realized that the stereotypical 'edgy teen' phase is, in fact, rational, perhaps the most rational phase of a human being. This is because -- which is something people who haven't read on autism, namely an extreme majority, won't understand -- brains continue to conform into adulthood, namely absorb priorities from the society, such as 'it's better to withhold judgement, it's better to value human life, it's better to just accept one's lot'. Teenhood is the point at which intellect peaks (some sources say, I believe, IQ peaks at 16), and exposure to society's values hasn't yet happened.
>>
>>24714333
I keep seeing OP's pic flying around the internet but no one can tell me where its from.
>>
>>24715044
The thing is that humans are social animals. There may be one gifted mind once in a hundred years who can achieve greatness with no external help, but it's only natural to admit humans aren't all that when we're alone. Normie-ness is for all intents and purposes a positive trait, except frogposting in /r9k. You won't suddenly lose your insight if you loosen up, it's just that understanding the nuances of social interaction is something that comes naturally for most people so they don't usually make a big deal of it. Chad Thundercock there may look like a dumbass and it's entirely possible, even likely, that he actually IS one, but you can bet he's naturally better at things like reading body language and such than some supreme gentleman who read a book on cold reading once.
>>
>>24715130
>LCD
fuck I'm retarded.
>>
>>24715014
Not everything comes to me in words. I'm sorry I can't communicate the things I've felt with you. Whenever I do LSD however I gain the ability to articulate myself very well. If you'd like I can write something down next time I experience a breakthrough and we'll look at it together to see of it really IS sensible and articulated better.
>>
File: 1398044500007.png (6 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
1398044500007.png
6 KB, 473x454
When it comes down to psychedelics you can never really say "take this, it will be very introspective and it will fix your shit". Rather what I have observed was that the more intelligent you are, the more you will make of psychedelics. There are the brick head football players who take LSD, but they don't make anything out of it. Or those hippies, they are too brain dead to make good use of psychedelics. But what about the experimentation of the 1960's when they gave LSD to average intelligent Anglo-saxons? If you watch those experimentation videos you can see how much more they make of it. And just listen to what people like Joe Rogan talk about in their experiences. A greater capacity for thought is needed to make any sense of a psychedelic trip, else you are just getting high. If you have a strong and tough ego, and good intelligence, then I would say go for it. It will make you somewhat wiser.
>>
File: lcd-screen.jpg (6 KB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
lcd-screen.jpg
6 KB, 250x208
>>24715182
You must be very brave, anon.
How was it?
>>
>>24715116
Cheers.

In past threads, I explained other mechanisms underlying the 'broadened awareness' myth: (1) 'objectivization of the subjective', namely experiencing a change in priorities so acutely that you confuse it for a realization, e.g. 'I realized I shouldn't waste my life and should embrace my life' or 'I realized that people are to be listened to compassionately', or the infamous 'I realized that everything I knew could be wrong', none of which reflects a new fact or a new model of a phenomenon, and (2) breaking of conceptual boundaries, such as OP's retarded 'I died', in which he just came to erroneously apply the term 'death' to some sort of perceived profound transformation: OP is free to abuse terms, but ungluing a biological definition is not insight.

You can probably search for >druggies in the archive and you'd find other threads I posted on the subject in, but obviously not all posts of mine I'm proud of.
>>
>>24715222
I could not agree more. It takes an intelligent person to get things out of psychedellics. Lots of people do them and lots get nothing but funny cartoons, but I think for an introspective thoughtful person it can be very helpful.
>>
>>24715258
>'I realized I shouldn't waste my life and should embrace my life'
*embrace free will
>>
>>24714333
The first time I took acid I went through ego death. I couldn't explain it for the longest time because I was inexperienced. Never again.
>>
>>24715014
Have you ever done any drugs?
I don't mean to say you can't possibly understand without having, but when you're tripping you think like super fast and not only in words but concepts and sensations, and once it ends you can't remember half the shit that went through your mind. While it's happening it feels like an eternity, but once it's over it feels like it lasted just a couple of minutes, so you're left with a general vague concept of what you saw lingering in your mind instead of the whole idea.
>>
>>24715130
>feeling like I knew so much more and way more mature than before
>>24715222
>If you watch those experimentation videos you can see how much more they make of it.
>>24715222
>It will make you somewhat wiser.
>>24715280
>for an introspective thoughtful person it can be very helpful

BUT THEN

It just so happens that the 'gentlemanly patrician intellectual introspection' that drugs confer is just >>24715130's 'I still have no gf or accomplishments, and that is a much more important part of happiness than just being "enlightened"'-tier crap. Which is just what I explained in >>24715258 under (1), by the way.

No. No introspection for druggies. Sorry. It is literally all just 'A is more important than B!!!' (or the other way round), or retarded definition games.
>>
>>24715321
>you think like super fast and not only in words but concepts and sensations

Hold on.

Thought is symbolic.

There is no such thing as 'thinking in sensations'. Either you can abstract something into symbols, or it's not understanding. There is no such thing as 'personal understanding' or 'experiential understanding'.
>>
>>24715374
Having no accomplishments doesn't matter to dogs. Why?
>>
>>24715437
I'm not in the mood to penetrate druggie riddles. Dogs do have accomplishments, they just refer to food, water, shelter, and sex.
>>
Drugs don't unlock any special powers or anything. It can all be done without drug use. Druggies are the ones who will advocate it and say it's some short of shortcut or whatever.
>>
>>24715432
Then LSD has given me the mindset of a dog, of Diogenes
>>
>>24715507
Ah, cynicism. Yes, I would agree -- disinclination to tackle particular questions and rather being content to try to dismiss them by exhibiting one's disinterest.
>>
>>24715374
Take LSD for yourself and see if any revelations make sense. I can assure you they many do.
>>
>>24715432
I don't really know how to explain it properly. My english is good enough to shitpost on 4chan but not to describe complex shit. But normally you think in words and concepts. Well I don't know if "concepts" itself, but while it's easy to describe textual thoughts, it's hard to describe abstract ones. Even things you understand perfectly in any state of the mind can be hard to describe or put to words if they're too abstract. If you're thinking at twice the normal rate it's even harder, and it's even harder when you can't remember most of it. Trips are kinda like that.
>>
>>24715582
Of course they would because you would be too high to dissect it
>>
>>24715537
Not only do I dismiss them by expressing disintrest, but by living my life happily despite ignoring these complicated "problems"
>>
>>24715631
And for the rest of your life afterwards?
>>
>>24715681
Too deep to explain in words, man.
>>
>>24715374
>the 'gentlemanly patrician intellectual introspection' that drugs confer is just 'I still have no gf or accomplishments, and that is a much more important part of happiness than just being "enlightened"'-tier crap
That is pretty much the opposite of what drugs do. That's the way I think normally. Obviously when I'm tripping balls I forget about all that shit, but every day when I wake up and I'm sober and think about my life I don't have most of the things I need to be happy, so I disagree with drugs being life changing. They're life enhancing at most.
>>
>>24715582
If you had never taken LSD, you might have realized through real, actual introspection that 'making sense' is a mere artifact of the way the brain works (specifically, pattern recognition and production of the impression of relevance), which explains why nontruths such as, so to look no further, >>24715654's implied 'true wisdom is just letting go of all that's unnecessary in life' are readily accepted for some sort of true, instead of being rightfully recognized as just cognitive tangents, often tautological, that just pleasantly, leisurely tickle an association or two, referencing a couple of comparably insignificant truisms such as 'freedom is important' or 'knowledge is important'; none of those ever coming close to the intellectual inevitability of, for instance, talking about human behaviour empirically.

But since you have, your self-awareness has taken a nosedive. It is too late now.
>>
>>24715697
What a generalization
>>
>>24715537
If you have to think things out in your native language, without being able to look at and understand a concept without putting it into words, then I think you are not as intelligent as me. Because I can understand certain concepts without ever putting it to words.
>>
>>24715786
Words are just symbols, discrete units. The concept of correlation, for instance, can just as well be defined using the symbols S, P1, P2, and possibly some F, rather then expressing verbally that 'a correlation is a relation between two members of a set'. Or the idea of a function can be described using the symbols I, A1, A2, ..., O instead of 'input, arguments, output'. Those are equivalent. Words are just slightly more verbose, but still parsimonious expressions of ideas. If you can't put your idea into words, then you have no idea.
>>
>>24715877
>'a correlation is a relation between two members of a set'
*between two properties of members of a set
>>
>>24715877
We'll then yes I think the concepts can be put into words. I'm just not personally a smart enough man to translate them.
>>
>>24715917
Well, neither am I. I just don't believe that only because *I* can't do something, it cannot be done, which is what literally every druggie does, crying their experience is unutterable and transcends words.
>>
>>24715732
>just cognitive tangents, often tautological, that just pleasantly, leisurely tickle an association or two, referencing a couple of comparably insignificant truisms such as 'freedom is important' or 'knowledge is important'

Note, again and again, that this claim will be met by druggies spouting that 'no knowledge is objective' or 'every knowledge is associative' or 'every meaning is personal'; them, of course, not recognizing that those further cliches, in their brains relevant and somehow superior, still betray the very same mechanism of following a platitude with a platitude, a broad blanket claim with a broad blanket claim. A truly lamentable lack of self-awareness indeed.
>>
When I do LSD can I just barricade myself in my room and lie down? I'm scared if I let myself walk around I might end up doing something completely retarded.
>>
>>24715940
Then I would have to say that those "druggies" are wrong. A lot of concepts do however not come in words so I know that for me it feels like translating
>>
I just want to say that, as a really depressed person with anxiety problems, don't do shrooms/LSD if you're like me. I'm pretty sure that if I had tripped alone I would have killed myself. The feelings of depression and self-loathing intensified to the point where I was staring straight ahead and could hardly breath, my heart was so heavy with sadness. I couldn't even cry. I just wanted to fucking kill myself, my life felt so worthless and shitty. Nothing has been right since that day, I think about suicide on a near-daily basis now and I stay away from shrooms and acid. I never want to feel that way ever again
>>
>>24716088
I honestly want to make some kind of argument with you but I simply cannot understand the words you're using.
>>
>>24716104
You could sure but personally LSD doesn't make me do anything stupid. I mostly just sit around looking distant.
>>
>>24716153
>The feelings of depression and self-loathing intensified to the point where I was staring straight ahead and could hardly breath, my heart was so heavy with sadness. I couldn't even cry. I just wanted to fucking kill myself, my life felt so worthless and shitty. Nothing has been right since that day, I think about suicide on a near-daily basis now and I stay away from shrooms and acid.

Welome to thymedelics.
>>
>>24716104
You should be in complete control of your inhibitions. LSD is not some extreme visual experience. It actually just affects the way you think mostly. Your vision will be a little weird but it is not enough for you to need to worry about moving about.
>>
>>24716158
I know that I am doing myself a mild disservice by debunking a substance that makes people religious; words with which to debunk religion are by sad necessity hardly more than insults themselves, and the only way to demonstrate religious druggie rambling is to exhibit reason in comparison.
>>
>>24716184
>>24716201
Alright thanks. I've never done hallucinogens before so, I wasn't sure if it would be a dream-like state where I'd be walking around, interacting with things or some shit. If I have some awareness of my surroundings then that's good enough for me.
>>
>>24716253
Yeah, first time I took it I was wondering when it would kick it. But it did and I was just stupidly thinking that I would start seeing things. The only thing that happened is some wavy vision, then you see some cool color patters when you close your eyes. That's about it. You have to take a really large dose for that stuff to happen.
>>
>>24716289
>You have to take a really large dose for that stuff to happen.

And by that stuff I am referring to intense hallucinations
>>
>>24716185
Tripped before that on shrooms and it was just my body feeling weird, weird visuals, and big pupils, but that was the trip that just made me stop and realize that this shit isn't good for someone going through a difficult time or a chemical imbalance like severe depression. It's been months and I really think it fucked me up. I just hate that I've seen an emergence in these "mushrooms cure depression" sort of threads when these drugs aren't toys and shouldn't be treated like a fix when things can go so wrong so easily.
>>
File: 1448776802561.jpg (54 KB, 717x531) Image search: [Google]
1448776802561.jpg
54 KB, 717x531
>>24714502
MXE, if you can get it.
>>
>>24716289
What's funny is that I've always just been buying acid from some kid that still went to highschool. I handled it very well. When I got some higher quality acid that shit was crazy.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.