[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I just realized that the reason I care about legalization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: marijuana-leaf sized.jpg (73 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
marijuana-leaf sized.jpg
73 KB, 509x509
I think I just realized that the reason I care about legalization so much is because by getting high i can get more connected to my computer
The music is clearer and the screen seems so much more crisp
And I become invisible
Almost as if I am one and become part of the dream
I connect with my animes and video games
There is no leaning back and seeing the walls of your room and remembering that you're human and in need of interaction
I don't know if this is bad or not but the entire reason I smoke isn't beneficial like I once thought but it fulfills the need of real life contact with the help of my computer
>>
>>24710851
The government shouldn't have control over most personal aspects of your life like what you are consuming. The weed ban is outrageous, it is like banning sugar to combat sugar-related diseases and deaths as if the citizen is unfit to decide on his own and in need of a nanny.
>>
drugs are great and keeping them illegal is responsible for 100% of crime
>>
>>24711511
100% true
Fuck the nanny state
>>
>>24710851
Translation: instead of learning to appreciate music compositionally, you just opt to 'connect to it', thus never feeling the impetus to develop your tastes. Literally the definition of degeneration.
>>
Eh, it'll get old pretty quick. Enjoy those highs while you can. Eventually you'll lose the enjoyment and then realize it is setting self actualization back.
>>
>>24711949
Wow so patrician xD
>>
>>24710851
> i can get more connected to my computer
you trying to fuck your box or what
ahh m8 had a great laugh there

Well my opinion on legalization is that hard drugs should stay banned. But weed should be OK at one point in life a person should know what he/she/it wants to do with their life
>>
>>24711949
how does 'connecting to it' prevent you from developing tastes, if anything it helps it
>>
>>24712000
Honestly anything with less potential of abuse than alcohol should be fine
>>
>>24711949
That's like saying "wow you need to take psychedelics to visually see morphing objects? fucking pleb"
>>
>>24710851
So you become computer?
>>
>>24712000
>>24712035
What is defined as "hard drug" is arbitrary. Many people ruin their lives or kill themselves with alcohol while other people live perfectly normal/robot lives on their opiate prescription.
>>
>>24712032
>>24711971
Yes. The point of cultural self-development is to find more and more things borings, so that you are more and more prompted to find more complex ones. This is clearly not possible when you like primitive music. Even I display this; after a month or two of exerting my taste, when I return to a simple song, I still can play it on repeat for a day or two, and my memory of the superiority of my songs of choice fails to affect it.

>>24712048
Nothing wrong with seeing things; the danger is in that seeing keeping you from seeing other things.
>>
>>24712086
PCP
Meth
Things that will genuinely endanger society
The thing about opiates is worst case scenario you go bank rupt and your life is ruined, but that's your problem
If the person is wacky enough they might rob a store, then they go to jail
>>
>>24712109
Nobody would be a methhead if you could get safer just-as-good amphetamines or cocaine at discount at your local pharmacy.
>>
>>24712099
I think you're a little confused on what people mean when they say being high makes music better
https://youtu.be/91C9h_Yd_3o?t=53s
>>
>>24712139
>he doesn't know that druggies use the terms of 'seeing clearly' and 'seeing better' strictly because they are vague enough to *imply* increased knowledge of structure of music while *meaning* 'wow so connected so into it such an intimate experience wow'
>>
>>24712099
do you identify as autistic?
>>
>>24712157
make of it what you will but if literally describing the effects of a drug comes off as pretentious to you then so be it
>>
>Wanting it to be legal

Full retard, all the normies will be doing it.

Decriminalized state master race.
>>
>>24712165
I wish I had any basis to.

>>24712171
The literal effects are that you are content just having your ears tickled when you're high and in fact, you don't give the slightest of fucks about the music itself, you're just entertained by it as the wall of noise in the background; you could tell absolutely nothing about it itself.
>>
>>24710851
I feel you man. Weed makes doing nothing on your computer all day a pleasurable experience.

also
>>24711511
This, except more like 75% of crime.
>>
>>24712194
As proven by thousands of druggies who say they've developed a taste for 'slower music' or 'calmer music', which literally means 'I've developed a taste for less music'.
>>
>>24712194
I whole heartedly disagree and have no doubt in my mind that music is clearer and much more animated when I'm high
I bet you don't think it's crazy to believe adderall makes you pay more attention to schoolwork
>>
>>24712219
>clearer

Repeat this word some more; prove some more that you haven't read this thread.
>>
>>24712230
You clearly said it just "entertains you more" which is not true
>>
>>24712230
>>24712219
In other words, your reaction to music when you're high is as if you took a book and instead of reading it marvelled that 'it has a cover! and letters, too! what a masterpiece of technology! the black of ink, on the white of paper! such contrast!'
>>
Yeah dude like have you ever thought about space there's so much space like everywhere like in space they a lot of space and that's rad but there's space everywhere like not even in space like the space in space cause we're in space but there's space inside that space I am so high lololol
>>
>>24712247
>One of the more remarkable effects noticed in the state of consciousness brought on by marijuana use is a greatly enhanced appreciation of music. The effect seems to be almost universal, and does not seem to fade with experience in the use of marijuana, as do certain other effects typically noticed by novice users.

Holy shit.

Mental note to add cannabis to the 'never to do' list definitely made.
>>
>>24712247
no dillweed
maybe if youve actually been high before you would know that it gives music a new dimension in your head
>HAHA DUDE WEED
It literally does this
Yeah it sounds weird as shit and try hard but its true
Once again, you should try getting high before you talk about what being high is like
>>
>>24712247
This is retarded. Have you ever been high?
I find that I'm able to appreciate every detail of the song even more when I'm high. I become more immersed, and enjoy it on a different level.
>>
>>24712307
I smoked weed and my penis grew 4 inches now I cop bud with my monster cock like

"Atyye baybay"
Girl comes up and sucks my cock
Now my seed sprays on the ground and new herbs grow

I pay respect to Mother Earth and the cycle repeats

Renewable resources
>>
>>24712337
>every detail
Such as?

>I just told you! Every!
Meaning exactly?

>Every single one!
Name one specific one.

>It can't be explained! I understand every single part as a whole, okay? You idiot! Don't talk about what you don't understand!
>>
>>24712361
>arguing with trolls
>>
>>24712307
>>24712337
In other words, I understand exactly what happened. The brain faculty that underlies detection of patterns is disabled, apparently permanently, and taken over by by the one that 'just feels it man'. I have no interest in 'just feeling it man'. Appreciation comes from discrimination and judgement, something you'll never know.
>>
>>24711949
>appreciating music compositionally
That's like saying you appreciate food geometrically
>>
>>24712384
>just feels it man
No homo bro
>>
>>24712390
Let's look at this more closely. You implied that value of music doesn't lie in composition. Where? Clearly, in the emotional value, 'its power to move'. The 'power to move' bores me. I feel embarrassment at the thought that I might return to my 15-year-old self in which such things matter.

And for the matter, yes, visual appeal of food is important. Every chef is a visual artist.
>>
>>24712361
Nice dodge, right back at you
>>
>>24712361
>>24712384
It has a new feeling
I said already it feels more "animated"
That's the best way to describe it
When you say you hear it better it feels like each different instrument in a song has different sections in your brain
The thing that makes being high listening to music different than sober is the "headspace"
You don't have an open head with sounds jumping around inside of it when youre sober
It's something you have to experience for yourself. I'm sorry that "DUDE WEED U JUST GOTTA DO IT URSELF" is your best arguement because thats how it is with all drugs just like how you have to drink alcohol to know what it does
It's very simply put, just do it yourself or don't make assumptions because everything you know is based off of stereotypes and retarded teenagers who try to fit into them so they can seem like they "get it"
>>
>>24712416
>let's look at this more closely
No dude I'm not a homo!
>>
>>24711396
>as if the citizen is unfit to decide on his own and in need of a nanny
but this is true
>>
>>24712426
Of course I've never used drugs. Cue the druggie dodge of 'you magically can't discuss consquences of things you've never experienced because you can't because reasons'.
>>
File: ss__2015_07_02_at_03.22.19_.jpg (43 KB, 411x522) Image search: [Google]
ss__2015_07_02_at_03.22.19_.jpg
43 KB, 411x522
>>24712361
"It's up to you to prove me wrong!"

Dont argue with this retard
>>
>>24712434
Well, so you've come to basically concede what you haven't read of me in this thread. That the sole effect is feeling particularly acutely some particularly conspicuous twangs and bangs and plings, and letting thereby narrowed focus, a tunnel vision as it were, keep you from realizing that the song as a whole is droning shit. Well done.
>>
>>24712497
>make claim
>be asked for proof
>accuse of shifting the burden of proof

I won't say 'you're a retard'. 'You're a druggie' has always sufficed so far.
>>
>>24710851
I understand I'm the same way when I smoke. You should try admiring nature when you do it though it will help you feel like you are connecting to something more real that you can interact with in real time.

Seriously try it.
>>
>>24711396
>sugar will never be banned despite people's gluttony in consuming sodas on a daily basis chock full with the stuff
>caffeine will never be banned despite the gross overwhelming majority of people addicted to it, the prevalence of the Starbucks enterprise, and the sheer availability and reliance upon the drug
>alcohol will never be banned despite millions of related deaths (ranging from alcohol poisoning to drunk-driving murders), its effect upon people, and again, the absurd reliance on the drug by the populace
Obviously there are far worse existing drugs that could/should be examined but you can chalk the federal ban of marijuana in the States to corrupt politicians, even especially at the state level.
>>
>>24712416
It's about fusing with the music first and then looking at the composition. The pain or pleasure that you feel listening to music doesn't matter at all. The more pleasurable a song sounds the harder it is to connect to since most songs are about painful experiences and sounding good distracts the listener from the anger or frustration of the person singing.
>>
>>24712515
In other words, cannabis narrows awareness of music.
>>
>>24712515
>>24712592
Look, no matter what anynoe says you're going to have some negative nancy poo nanny about it to act like you're right so why would I even try to explain it to you
Go drink some juice
>>
>>24712608
I just found this joke:

Q: What did the deadhead say when he listened to The Grateful Dead not on drugs?
A: What a crappy band.
>>
File: 1448776802561.jpg (54 KB, 717x531) Image search: [Google]
1448776802561.jpg
54 KB, 717x531
>>24712541
I think weed just makes it easier to zone out if reality and focus on the music. You hear things in the music that have always been there, but you were never "zoned in" enough for you to notice before, like a neat synth riff or something in the background. It's not that complex, dude.
>>
>>24712664
>It's not that complex, dude.

What, the synth riff? Knowing the kind of music druggies listen to, yes, probably.
>>
Weed got me into IDM and bands like Boards of Canada. I also unironically like vaporwave and dark ambient. Before weed I was a fan of dadrock and 80s metal.
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg (17 KB, 300x519) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg
17 KB, 300x519
>>24712646
Eh I think the Dead are pretty banging and I don't do drugs. I like Sugar Magnolia, it's one of my favorite songs. They have a lot going on, not necessarily compositionally, but most of those harmonies and instrumental backing are improvised. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.
>>
>>24712416
Back to /mu/ you fucking scum bag senpai desu desu
>>
File: 1438473220909.png (1 MB, 788x872) Image search: [Google]
1438473220909.png
1 MB, 788x872
>>24712681
Woe, clever dude. I'm a pianist so I listen to mostly Western art music, but just off the top of my head I know Death Grips, TransSiberian Orchestra, and Dream Theater all use synthesizers to some extent. You're generalizing about a group of people you've only grazed the shitty surface of.
>>
>>24712608
But in the process of this explanation, you're still replying to him. Only when you grow to recognize the futility of responding to such behavior--only then--will you rise above the concept known as Internet Arguments(TM).
>>
>>24712565
>sugar
>drug
>>
>>24712720
Ironically I'm the opposite, I liked dark ambient and vaporwave back when I didn't smoke last year, i still do, but for some reason now that I've picked it back up I've been getting into bands like Iron Maiden and Sabbath
>>
>>24712565
Yea, how many people die from cigarettes, fast food and alcohol each year compared to weed?
>>
>>24712416
Woah it's almost like people's opinions on what music should be are different (see: Baroque vs Classical music)
>>
File: d9c.jpg (13 KB, 494x622) Image search: [Google]
d9c.jpg
13 KB, 494x622
>>24712764
He's playing fast and loose with the fact that any substance whcih alters a bodily function could be considered a drug.
>>
>>24712764
Are you doubting that? Sugar is addictive and causes all kinds of metabolic problems, at least fructose does.
>>
>>24712764
Hm, fair enough on that front. I don't actually remember if sugar is classified as a drug. Wasn't something we discussed in class. I'll research into it a little more later.

>>24712774
Right. All about social conformity and acceptance--in this vein, alcohol, cigarettes, and fast food are socially acceptable whereas marijuana tends to not be.

>>24712809
Alcohol and caffeine -are- classified as drugs.
>>
>>24712850
>alcohol, cigarettes, and fast food are socially acceptable whereas marijuana tends to not be

Because, somehow, people still understand, admittedly tacitly, that the first three don't permanently impair you mentally.
>>
File: 534252345345.jpg (35 KB, 261x252) Image search: [Google]
534252345345.jpg
35 KB, 261x252
Guys what are we fighting for ITT
Let's all just spark up a doobie and chill man xD
>>
>>24712086
Meth, Coke and stuff Heroin, Crack. Things that fuck you up badly like Meth being cooked with battery acid. Painkillers, Opiates like Valium or Benzo, I think, are fine if they are really needed, i.e. Via prescription
>>
>>24712883
desu I think adderall should be OTC for 18+
and stop being given to kids
>>
>>24712883
"You don't need a gun" comes to mind. Most people don't need a white knight nanny to save them.
>>
>>24712871
>alcohol doesn't permanently impair you mentally
Read a book m8, alcohol has a much higher correlation to schizophrenia than weed.
>>
>>24712995
Weed doesn't even have anything resembling a notable nor significant--both in the statistical vernacular and the normal definition--correlation with schizophrenia.
>>
>>24713019
Not according to my local politician ;-)
>>
>>24712995
>thinking mental impairment means full-blown psychosis

There are thousands of other factors to relate to drugs.

That said, mind a source? Maybe it's a coping mechanism, like nicotine.
>>
>>24713038
Figures. Harkens back to ye olde corruption at the higher levels.
>>
>>24713041
>>24712995
Or maybe the correlation is based on a common factor like IQ: unintelligent people are more likely to both drink and be mentally ill.
>>
>>24713057
(Which -- the fact that e.g. drug abuse increases with intelligence (in certain ranges) -- in no way at all implies that it is less harmful; some strictly harmful behaviour might be only accessible to intelligent people, e.g. via technological ability.)
>>
>>24713057
That's what's wrong with correlation studies. Correlation doesn't equal causation etc. Funny how the only studies that put weed in a poor light are correlation ones...Conducted by and funded by the government.

Fuck I sound like a hippy
>>
>>24712959
Truuuuue. I never drew parallels between these two arguments. Thanks des.u
>>
>>24711949
Have you ever heard of synesthesia? It's when you see musical notes/sounds as colours and shapes.

When I smoke cannabis I notice a little bit more depth and clarity in that separate field of vision and am able to see more parts and have an easier time figuring out/deconstructing the song's mix and overall song structure.

This moves even further when I've had experiences with LSD - even though I wasn't near my guitar or piano throughout the trip, the next day I was able to play all of the songs that I had listened to during the experience, even instrumental parts that I didn't know where there at first or could barely make out what notes/shapes they were.

Both drugs have helped my ears tremendously even though I don't partake in either anymore. I guess having perfect pitch to start helped.
>>
>>24713115
>Correlation doesn't equal causation etc.

I know that people like to throw this catchprase around when it is not relevant, but please rather disambiguate your claim of 'alcohol is related to schizophrenia'. Alcohol what? Daily use? Addiction? Schizophrenia what? Trigger? Onset? Course? Severity? 'C. != c.' idiots are the worst.
>>
>>24710851
Thats called dissociation
>>
>>24713168
>I was able to play all of the songs that I had listened to during the experience, even instrumental parts that I didn't know where there at first or could barely make out what notes/shapes they were.

Translation: 'I just strummed randomly, omitted 90% of the parts, altered 60% of the rest, and genuinely believed "it's perfect enough" (irony fully intended).'

>[Edward Van Halen] learned from watching and listening. During recitals of Bach or Mozart, he would simply wing it. From 1964 through to 1967, Edward won first place in the annual piano competition held at Long Beach City College. Afterward, the judges would comment that he had an interesting interpretation of the classical piece. Van Halen's view was, "What? I thought I was playing it correctly!"

Literally what happened to you.
>>
>>24713019
I fucking hate you.
Kill yourself fag.
>>
>>24713295
I sympathize, anon. People who speak lightly of mental illnesses are bad enough, and then there are those who trivialize their triggers.
>>
>>24713238
Not quite, I've taken years of music theory/aural training and usually spend multiple hours working on transcribing songs, the longest I spent was transcribing all of the instruments for Stravinsky's Rite of Spring which took me almost a week. The classes helped a great deal, but the drugs took it even further.

I would be disappointed in myself if I just got 10% of it; I'd consider myself a failure if I got anything less than the song in its entirety. And don't ever compare me to van halen or use me in the same sentence as them. They're hacks of musicians.
>>
>>24713168
>Have you ever heard of synesthesia?

Also I have heard of it, it makes writing painful because everything I write is a patchwork of colours and I hate it unless I manage for a pair of syntactically parallel words to alliterate, preferably more.
>>
>>24712764
sugar is a stimulant I think
>>
File: Drug_danger_and_dependence.png (32 KB, 722x420) Image search: [Google]
Drug_danger_and_dependence.png
32 KB, 722x420
>>24711396
>>24710851
As you say, the ban is an outrageous control over what should be personal decisions. While marijuana has it's negative effects on memory, emotional stability and motivation, they are hugely overblown. And while I know that sweets, anime, junk food, beer, sit coms and video games are a "waste" of time, money and health, I wouldn't condemn anyone for enjoying them, that is, in moderation. Overdoing any of these is destructive of course but men should be free to live unproductive lives in many ways, and marijuana even has a low addiction potential. Most people who smoke weed smoke it in moderation, and even more people would be able to enjoy it for the fun it is, if it wasn't for the social stigma.
>inb4 ad hominem
I don't regularly smoke (only with certain friends whom I only meet once every other week). While it was fun, I didn't like the brainfog I got from it when I once smoked every night for a week. I always have weed at home but have no intention of smoking it alone despite really enjoying it's positive effects. It's a habit that's very easy to control. My other "bad" habit of eating junk food, getting slightly buzzed on alcohol, browsing 4chan and watching sitcoms I find much harder to control.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.