[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what did autists/spergs used to do before the invention of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1427060136066.png (44 KB, 298x441) Image search: [Google]
1427060136066.png
44 KB, 298x441
So, what did autists/spergs used to do before the invention of the internet? Nowadays it seems like trey are primarily occupied by browsing anonymous imageboards/gaming forums and social sites, but what was usually the time spender before this age? Were they just sitting around, looking at their shoes/walking around in nature, noticing patterns on the trees? I really do wonder about that.
>>
>>24710746
HAM radio and models.
>>
>>24710746
Maps, books, chess...uhh math?
>>
>>24710746

You'd need to ask a robot who's 40+ and I'm pretty sure most robots either end up becoming wagekeks, junkies/streetbums, or killing themselves.
>>
>>24710746
They played video games.
Before that it was
>television
>radio (both listening and HAM)
>maybe electronics (beside radio)?
and even before that
>books
>writing
>drawing
>collecting things (such as stamps or coins)
>models
>math, physics, chemistry.
>>
>>24710845
I'd imagine that inclination towards drugs would be quite strong. I could see plenty of autists ending up on opiates and/or sitting in cafes/taverns drinking absinthe or something similar.
>>
Mostly like neets now, just without the computer. They would be in their home, shitposting by writing spergy letters to anyone, and claiming they are working on the next big artist/philisopher thing.
>>
File: 1448903187466.jpg (92 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1448903187466.jpg
92 KB, 400x370
>>24710746
Art, reading, hobbies, introvert stuff, clubs, games, drugs, shit
>>
my dad used to buy all sorts of books, shit like how to books and craft books and stories written by local authors and auto books and fact books and books on rocks and minerals, music books, and he had a full set of encyclopedias, electronics, magazines, etc. he read all of those books and probably more than any of us here but he's just some old nerd lel he's where I get it from, love my dad
>>
Some had hobbies and met up with others who had those hobbies and were happy.
Some were still miserable turds with no lives and all they did was consume media.

Nowadays most people like that just consume media and are fucking miserable because its easier to get a miniscule amount of gratification playing videogames or shit posting than have a hobby that requires work but will give them far more gratification.
>>
>>24711078
Like my boy Ignatius!
>>
>>24710746
Trains and general engineering
But mostly trains
>>
>>24710746
Off topic, how do I get 4chan gold?
>>
Thanks for the gold kind stranger xD
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.