[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LDR/ - Long Distance Relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Any robots in a Long Distance Relationship right now? I'm currently in one coming on 2 years now, go over to see my partner every few months and she comes here to see me in between.

How do you guys cope with it? I know it gets hard at times but with skype it makes everything much better. How long have you been in one for? Have you met each other yet?

>tfw seeing your gf as soon as you get off the plane

nothing will beat this feel

and inb4 "shes fucking other people without you knowing" If you know them well enough you will know they arnt. And even then in my case where my gf lives there are 0 people around who would even be interested in her anyway.
>>
>>24710208
anyone here in a LDR at all? i know its r9k but anyone?
>>
>>24710208
I'm in one, its been 3 months and there's 4 to go.

Like it is kind of taxing but to be honest its pretty easy. See her every 2 weeks give or take. I'm a pretty big shut in so it doesn't really bother me a ton.

Only thing that sucks is less sex but we cam and stuff on Skype.
>>
>>24710473
Mind you if it was like your case where you only see her "every few months" thatd be way to sparce for me. After 2 weeks I start getting ansy.
>>
>>24710473
yeah thats easy stuff man. Seeing each other every 2 weeks makes it much easier than not seeing each other every few months.

>tfw seeing gf for the first time in 4 months in 23 days

so fucking hyped i cant wait
>>
>Robot
>in any kind of relationship
fucking normie mang
>>
>>24710208
>robots
>any kind of relationship
fuck off m8
>>
>>24710208
I've been in one for nearly three years in February. We see eachother only a couple times a year, as it's always expensive for both of us to see eachother.

However, I'll be moving where she lives in January so it's all good.
>>
>robot
>relationship
>>
Usually it's a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>24710579
i feel you. Costs me up to $2000 to see her every time i go over. Glad to see you are moving to her though. Hopefully it works out.
>>
>>24710537
That's brutal. Whats the reason for the distance?
>>
>>24710729
Yeah it gets hard at times but we both love each other enough to make it work.

Reason is that we both met online and she lives in one country and i live in another. Time zone difference is only 2 hours and 3 hours in daylight savings so its not too bad.
>>
>>24710208
lol ur girl is banging someone on the side for sure. Fucking retard. GTFO NORMIE
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 640x960
Been in one since march but on and off though.
This is our 3rd time at it though and it's been our best time.

I love her more than anything and it does suck especially since i live in the UK and she like in US..

We still havent met yet since i was /neet/ for first 3 months and im still saving.. Hoping to go meet her in march 2016.

And yea I can't wait for that feeling of locking eyes for the first time with her and holding her in my arms..
>>
>>24712112
>on and off
please tell me that's not why I think it is
>>
>>24710208
my gf lives 3.5 hours away by car. i work 7-10 days in a row before i get a day off, so i only see her a few times a month. im getting tired of it tbhonest.
>>
>>24712189

It is whether he knows it or not.
>>
lmao OP is such a kekold
>>
I'm in one.

I was with her for about a year before we both went to university in different cities. Due to the distance and both of us being very busy we meet like once a month at best.

It's shit but I actually feel like this is easier for me than a proper relationship since I can't really deal with people. She seems to be fine with it.

I should probably end it.
>>
File: lowselfesteem.png (639 KB, 580x603) Image search: [Google]
lowselfesteem.png
639 KB, 580x603
Every friend that I've known who have been in a ldr, it always ended badly. No matter how well it seemed things were going
>>
>>24712209
Same, except with a day off every sunday and a half day every saturday. It is okay since we spend like 8 hours a day on Skype to feel like we are together. I do see her every month though for a weekend.
>>
>>24712449

LDR is a shitty concept.

If you really like the other person then being away from them so much just makes you miserable.

If you're fine with not seeing them ever you probably don't care that much.

Given that I don't believe in one true love it seems that it would always be more sensible to just try and find someone else instead of going long distance.

And here I am, in a long-distance relationship. Largely because if I were to break up I don't think I'd be with a woman ever again due to being an aspie piece of shit.
>>
I've been in one for about a month now, we're not that far and the tickets to travel to each other are quite cheap. I know it's verynaive of me to get my hopes up so badly about this but we're both very willing to make it work no matter what, we get along and compliment each other so damn well it's almost scary. Im preparing my christmas gift for him rn desu
>>
I was in one with an underaged guy, lasted a year before we broke up on horrible terms/he was super bitter towards me. Online ones just don't work out, even though we met up a few times irl.

My relationship of 2 years started as one, but we were able to be together after a year of distance so it worked out (we live together, now). I think that if there isn't a real end-goal in sight and a similarity in life-stages (both students, etc) then it will fail.
>>
>>24712640

It's not impossible. My brother and his current wife lived in different countries for some years because of work commitments. They've been married for 15 years now.

I don't think the statistics are good, however, and we've all heard the stories.
>>
Not in an LDR per se, but I am in love with (feeling is mutual) a girl on another continent.

Neither of us make very much money at all, so we get to see eachother once, maaaybe twice a year.

Were not in an official relationship because of the massive distance. I do love her a lot though and Im usually happiest when Im with her.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 900x900
>>24710549
>>24710573
>>24710581
>people that believe that robots can't have gf's are in a minority on /r9k/
Literally what the fuck
Op should off himself for thinking he's one of us, probably comes here to "laugh at the losers". You disgust me
>>
>>24710537
fuck off asslord I get to see mine twice a year
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.