[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you going to join, or have been in the military, robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1446031750674.jpg (25 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
1446031750674.jpg
25 KB, 250x150
Are you going to join, or have been in the military, robots?

It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you, and are below even wagekeks
>>
File: 1449110770223.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1449110770223.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>24709476
I'm going to enlist. It's my only fucking choice tbqh.
>Can't afford college
>Did absolute shit in hs because I'm an autistic retard.
>Social anxiety UP THE FUCKING ASS HOLY SHIT IT'S SO BAD
>No ability at all to get a job
Hopefully I die in the Middle East so I can end my fucking life
Wish me luck robots.
>>
>>24709476
>free will

Anon, time to sit down and read a book or two.
>>
>join military
>get free house
>move to Japan for free
>go to school for free
>free medical
>steady promotion system

You know what that "free will" got me? Unhappiness. Uncertainty. Loneliness. Bitterness.

At the end of the day, if you truly don't want people controlling your actions and want to believe in free will, you better be obscenely rich or live completely cut off from society, because no matter what, someone else will be calling the cards on how your future will unfold.

So far, the military has done little to stifle me in doing what I want to do. I'm doing similar things to what I was doing when I was a neet, I just also have a job.
>>
>>24709579

>severe social anxiety

The military probably won't take you. They don't really want someone who is going to panic under pressure.
>>
>>24709707
And if you lie, it'll hit you hard. Take it from someone whose brother lied about it and crashed and burned.
>>
>>24709596
>commencing paradoxical debate on free-will
>Not considering that the answer may be non-binary but rather reflected through a spectrum
>In which case humans possess the highest recorded individual will of all known life, placing them to the far-right of the spectrum
>>
>>24709476
The US military is basically a welfare crapshoot with good odds. These days you'll come out with some NEETbux and priority for cool jobs. Not mentioning you can still pull the vet card even though you shined shoes for a few years. Sounds like a bretty good deal to me.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.