[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else noticed "then" and "than"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Has anyone else noticed "then" and "than" are confused MORE FREQUENTLY now than they are gotten correct?

It's so fucking simple, yet millions of native English speakers fuck it up every single fucking time. Why? How? What is it about those two words that makes it so very hard for you?
>>
I wouldn't say it's that frequent. But I do notice when it happens. If a person only does it once I tend to be more forgiving and assume it's a typo but if they make the same mistake more than once I tend to assume they're either not a native speaker or uneducated.
>>
File: 1447958172789.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447958172789.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
>>24706943
>gotten correct
>gotten correct
>gotten correct
>>
>>24706978
Don't tell me you're an American who says "got bit" too.
>>
How about people constantly use "literally" like "actually"? We might as well change its definition now.
>>
I fuck up where and were all the time. Sometimes than and then, but only when lazy.
Their, they're, and there are 2 ez.
>>
>>24706943
Whatever man, I'm smarter then you. When you realize how dumb you are compared to me, than you'll come running to me and asking for MY advice. Too bad, it's a doggy dog world out there
>>
>>24707092
How does "lazy" even factor into it? They're two distinctly different words, with clearly separated letters on the keyboard. They're not even "whoops I slipped" distance. Why type ANYTHING correctly? Gmt not jams mvlt tpe ckdir tnvkg nkda cmdef kp (Why not just type the first thing that comes up)?
>>
>>24707128
When my brain just shuts off, and I'm moving my thumbs to easier to reach positions for the next words I'm typing.

Sometimes I text and just don't think really. It's like I type in sounds and say fuck all to letters in my head
>>
>>24706943
It's dysgenics, the dumbest people have the most kids, and talk the most and the loudest.

It's also not helped by degenerate entertainment like reality TV and the like.

On top of that, many Americans are descended from backward non-Germanic races, and only learned English for material gain, and don't care about speaking or writing it properly.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.