[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So feminists claim there's a toxic masculinity. Do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1950s-housewife[1].jpg (52 KB, 391x425) Image search: [Google]
1950s-housewife[1].jpg
52 KB, 391x425
So feminists claim there's a toxic masculinity.

Do they ever address toxic femininity?

If toxic masculinity is the forcing of men into traditional gender roles, does that mean toxic femininity is any woman trying to fit into the role of a housewife or caretaker? Is caring for a family really toxic?

Why are gender roles bad? Why can't we let the genders actually...like, be their gender?
>>
File: 94784.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
94784.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>>24706546
Toxic masculinity is when men use their masculine energy to shoot up schools and kill people.
Toxic femininity is the negative version of femininity. I have no idea what that could be or if it even makes sense.
Maybe it's like being a slut and not looking after your children.
>Why can't we let the genders actually...like, be their gender?
Go to youtube and search "aaron clarey feminism"
Alternatively check out these three videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3Y_JUrPBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-cO7Gv3PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzHO3zdMAD8

>Why are gender roles bad?
They're not but to fulfill them properly it takes a lot of effort and hard work for both men and women.
>>
>>24706706
So why is there only toxic masculinity?
>>
>>24706751
Because males are the ones with all the energy.
Basically, they're better than women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwfzzBbWa4g
>>
Toxic femininity mostly involves manipulating other people's perception of you.
>>
Yes. Toxic femininity is typically less related to crime though, and tends to be less noticeable from the outside.

Toxic femininity is any time the societal pressures or femininity make a person make a decision that hurts them or someone else.
>>
>>24706827
>>24706863
Neither of you have any idea about what you're talking about. You don't know what masculinity of femininity is.
>>
>>24706546
>toxic masculinity

fucking feminist teaching men to hate themselves. why not talk about all the good that masculinity has done and set an example.
>>
you seem to get toxic masculinity, and "toxic feminist" is a thing but it's just never called that I guess because it's inherently part of feminism of dismantling the aspect of gender roles that would mean someone has to be a certain way just because they're a certain gender. I dont think there's really a reason "toxic femininity" isn't used, maybe you just coined a new term anon. it certainly isn't a new concept through, I think it's just always been assumed under conversations about gender roles

and gender roles are bad just because it creates toxic masculine/feminity. it's not about saying you can't be a woman housewife or a really masculine guy, it's just that you shouldn't feel forced to be that way due to gender roles
>>
From what I gather its more of a battle of extremes. Hyper masculine chads are the opposite of materialistic bimbos and butch femenist types are the opposite of basement dwelling antisocial men.

Its like universal balance
>>
>>24706898
Okay correct me, roastie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.