[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /nootropics/? Looking for something to help with motivation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: nootropics-drugs.jpg (32 KB, 460x349) Image search: [Google]
nootropics-drugs.jpg
32 KB, 460x349
Who here /nootropics/?

Looking for something to help with motivation.

Heard modafinil doesn't work. Thinking about buying another case of phenylpiracetam.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Experiences?
Stacks?
>>
File: 1381450406964.jpg (5 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
1381450406964.jpg
5 KB, 248x200
No robots take any noots?
well thats weird.
>>
nootropics are bunk, you want motivation take an amphetamine
>>
>>24706056
I ate a ton of raw chocolate today and can't sleep wut do
>>
modafinil works bro get a sample pack, try /r/affinil
>>
>>24706523
just BEE yrself! :^)
>>
>>24706056
L-tyrosine, 3 grams
>>
>>24706485
>amphetamine
Can it be ordered online without a prescription?
>>24706523
theobromine
>>
>>24706613
>3 grams
are you trying to put yourself to sleep or something?
>>
reddit.com/r/nootropics

Big community, also imo they're a cult because this shit doesn't do anything.
>>
>>24706684
and that changes the efficacy? fuck off kuck
>>
File: 1441318003158.jpg (24 KB, 239x237) Image search: [Google]
1441318003158.jpg
24 KB, 239x237
>>24706852
what are you on about? c
>>
I've never tried anything harder than caffeine-theanine caps because I'm a little pussy faggot.
But I can say that they really do work. Instant wakefulness without any jitters. Just a completely clear head (for a few hours, then you pop another one)
>>
>>24706882
>10 posts
>half OP
>still can't keep up
your problem isn't motivation, your problem is stupidity
>>
>>24706056
nootropics is mickey mouse shit, get a prescription for adderall.
>>
File: eNjdQmX.jpg (39 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
eNjdQmX.jpg
39 KB, 600x800
>>24706056
Kratom, 1-3 teaspoons a day. Been doing that for like 3 years. Trying different strains and dosage to keep it fresh with a few day tolerance break here and there. In the first year or two it was like magic, now it's kinda like coffee. Still works great for coding, shopping or gaming. Just can't chase the buzz, hard to get back.
>>
>>24706985
>>24706056
whites are the best... tho reds are good too for stim. but if your fresh use greens, best workaday shit
>>
>>24706914
Having been up to 2 grams of caffeine, all it did was make me procrastinate longer.

I'm still trying to quit drinking it.
>>
>>24706985
>On June 9, 2015, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced an import alert for kratom, issuing guidance that shipments are to be seized without physical examination from several vendors listed due to concerns that there is no evidence that Kratom does not pose an unnecessary risk of illness or injury, further stating that "[C]onsumption of kratom can lead to a number of health impacts, including respiratory depression, nervousness, agitation, aggression, sleeplessness, hallucinations, delusions, tremors, loss of libido, constipation, skin hyperpigmentation, nausea, vomiting, and severe withdrawal signs and symptoms."

well shit.
>>
What everyone else said.
Noot don't give you motivation. You are looking for amphetamines.

The trick with amphetamines is to stick to a schedule, not take them every day (once every 3-5 days is much better), take them at the lowest useful dose, and actually use effects for work, rather than just jerking off.

Amphetamine has a non-linear dose response curve, so you get much less bang per mg in the medium dose range. Take 10-30 mg at most, once before noon. Make sure you eat well.

I do this once a week and it keeps my motivation at a high level.

Don't confused amphetamine with methamphetamine. Amp has almost pure dopamine action, while meth has lots of serotonin action too, which makes it much more pleasurable but worse for motivation.

The mesolimbic system responds to low amounts of extra dopamine by "seeking", and high amounts of extra dopamine as "found". If you high-dose amphetamine, you won't get shit done.

My schedule:

30mg adderal IR once a week on Wednesdays
Make sure to get lots of sleep
500mg magnesium citrate with the amp
Plenty of fruit juice and carbs while on the drug

There are huge benefits to amphetamine usage, but it's a highly addictive drug and you need to educate yourself and check yourself. I don't find low doses (<30mg) to be moreish, so keep it in that range.
>>
File: 1444603446404.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1444603446404.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>24707075
its from a tree from from the coffee family.

well shit.

the first time i heard about it was the local news saying it was like cocaine and lsd mixed

>mfw
its an amazing focus and energy boosting plant similar to the best cup of coffee you had.
>>
File: dump.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dump.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>24707075
ensobotanicals com / kratom /

i know its not as respectable as the FDA but maybe you could learn something for yourself for just this one time
>>
>>24707114
>trying to stick to a schedule with an addictive substance

thats pretty much the first stage of addiction anon: believing you're in control.
>>
>>24707169
I've been taking adderall for three years at this exact pace. I haven't deviated from the schedule once.

The fact is it's just not that moreish at therapeutic doses, and I'm the kind of person who doesn't take drugs more often than prescribed. And the benefits have been enormous. These three years have been more productive than the all the previous years combined.
>>
>>24707347
does taking it on one day have an effect on the rest of the week?
>>
>>24707371
It does in the sense that it breaks cycles of unmotivation.

I have a somewhat avoidant personality, and procrastination begets more procrastination, because pressure and stress mount and cause more avoidant behavior.

By taking amphetamine, I can break the cycle and ensure that I feel good about my progress, which helps keep a positive cycle instead of a negative one.
>>
>>24707431
>I have a somewhat avoidant personality, and procrastination begets more procrastination, because pressure and stress mount and cause more avoidant behavior.
same fucking boat.

how did you get a script?
>>
>>24707371
amphetamine every once in a while is like having a personal trainer right in your brain, encouraging and reinforcing positive thought patterns. It's great.
>>
>>24707456
Went to two different psychiatrists, got diagnosed with ADHD (which I probably actually do have a mild form of).

My health insurance covers it.

I really want to make sure you understand the dangers of this stuff, if you go this route. It's very powerful shit and needs serious respect. Don't treat it like Tylenol or coffee. If you take it every day, you'll start losing the effect and you'll fuck up your brain's reward system.

I think 5 day breaks is ideal. I take 6 days of break to be on the safe side. 3 days is the absolute minimum if you want to maintain the effects.
>>
>>24706056
I find tramadol works well until you get a tolerance.
>>
>>24706958
How would I get a scrip for adderall?
>Anxiety disorder currently on valdoxan
>>
File: 1447709517104.png (2 KB, 158x160) Image search: [Google]
1447709517104.png
2 KB, 158x160
>>24708183
Theres not that many posts in this thread anon.
>>
>>24708183
you won't be able to handle stimulants with anxiety disorders, unless you take a downer with them, but then you'll hardly be able to think rationally.
>>
>>24708255
I've got benzos and my psych will probably prescribe me more
>I have uni exams in Feb and nothing else until them so I'm living the NEET life
>>
Honestly none of them are worth it except amphetamines. And maybe acetylcholine inhibitors
>>
>>24706056
Someone talk to me
I wanna take some shit that's gonna make me program like a mfer
>>
File: freesignup.png (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
freesignup.png
85 KB, 300x300
>>24706056
Free advise from someone who has been trying nootropics for years:

>Noopept
Cheap, easy to get, effects were not very noticeable. Vision slightly augmented, colors feel more vibrant.

>Piracetam
Cheap, easy to get, effects were somewhat noticeable. Reading came easier.

>Phenylpiracetam
A little more expensive, but holy fuck. This shit is a stimulant. Combine it with 3 cups of coffee and you are on fire for 10 hours, then you crash. Take this with a choline source. Rapidly builds up tolerance. Don't forget to drink water.

>CDP Choline
This shit is sweet, makes me a little down but I feel mentally sharp.

>Phenibut
This really isn't a nootropic, its a drug. I did it a couple of times, it eliminates any and all anxiety and I felt like a normal person. You're calm, relaxed. Chatted with everyone and had a great time. Takes 3-5 hours to "hit". Doesn't make me more productive. This shit is addictive and you build a tolerance very quickly. I gave it up because the hangovers were really bad and it didn't help me study. A friend of me did this for months, every day. When he realized just how addicted he was he tapered down. He compared the withdrawals to Xanax withdrawals. Stay away from this.

>Kratom
Kratom is a meme. It's comparable to phenibut. Just avoid it really. It might have some stimulatory properties and you might feel good but you will build a tolerance and it will not help you study or work.

>Ashwagandha
I like this. Ashwagandha removes most of my anxiety, helpful for when I have to present something or give a speech. If I combine this with a light stim like modafinil or phenylpiracetam it does nothing. Tolerance builds slowly.

1/2
>>
>>24708469
coffee and 700mg of NALT

no need for anything stronger than that. You're eyes are going to be uncomfortably wide open, fyi.
>>
File: 1445835012396.png (236 KB, 497x480) Image search: [Google]
1445835012396.png
236 KB, 497x480
>>24708482
>Modafinil
This is what I use every day. It eliminates feeling tired, increases my attention for detail, repetitive tasks become more enjoyable and my working memory feels better. This is also one of the nootropics I consider safe. Modafinil has a lot of scientific research that back up it's effects and non toxicity, which cannot be said for most other nootropics. If you take this once a week you will feel detached and robot like, quite a funny feeling. Music is also more enjoyable for some reason. Coffee seems to make the effects of modafinil stronger, but it also makes me get sweaty hands, feel anxious and rushed and sometimes I feel like I have to puke but never really do. Perfect combo for when I sit indoors all day writing a paper, not so much for when I have to go to a class. If you take this every day, it might feel like there are tolerance effects. I don't really think there is any tolerance though, you just become used to it due to modafinils long half life.

>Armodafinil
Just like modafinil, but it only used 1 of the isomers of modafinil. Feels a bit harsher, effects last longer, makes it hard for me to sleep before 1 AM.

>Adrafinil
Metabolizes into modafinil, hard on your liver, just as expensive as modafinil but vastly inferior.

>Amphetamines
Tried a few of those, liked dextroamphetamine the most. Best stims out there.Thing is, this shit is just super expensive and addictive. Moreover, there is solid evidence that it will fuck up your brain if you take this over a long period of time. Gave it up.

Really, modafinil is the best you can get. It's cheap and it works wonders. You will still have to work and study hard, it won't make you a genius, but it allows you to put in more hours and concentrating becomes easier. If you cannot discipline yourself, don't even bother with any of this. You need to actually want to study hard, consistently get enough sleep, you need to do some form of cardio, you need to eat well for any of this to work.
>>
>>24708659
thanks anon, that was pretty informative.

About the armodafinil, what do you mean "harsher"?
>>
>>24708735
For me, the biggest negative effects of -finil's are irritability and anxiety. Armodafinil gives me more of these negative effects.

I take these things by the pill, modafinil is a 200mg pill. Which has 100mg R isomer and 100mg S isomer. Armodafinil is 150mg of just the R isomer, which is thought to be the more active one.

It just feels stronger, which makes the side effects "harsher".
>>
got a bottle of andrafinil
>>
>>24709052
how is it?

dg
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.