[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you who try to cope with anxiety, how do you do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
For those of you who try to cope with anxiety, how do you do it?

The past two years, I've made an effort to be more social and I've done okay so far, but I still can't help having anxiety attacks. Should I look for medication, therapy, or both?
>>
It can't be fixed with those things.
Maybe try joining the army and you'll see what real fear is like.
It might cause you lose your social anxiety.
>>
>>24705835

I "beat" it by just accepting it. You learn to live with and you follow through after spilling your spaghetti. Then you pick your spaghetti back up and keep going like it never even spilled.

If you look at "confident" people you'll notice the same trend. Everyone says dumb shit non stop. "Confident" people just don't let their spilled spaghetti define their future actions or their attitude.

When people see you stumble and then crumble they lose respect
When they see you stumble and recover they gain respect

"What if I don't recover"?
You can't win em all man and spaghetti is both normal and expected. Just always try to be better. You can't hate yourself if you at least always try.
>>
>>24705887
That is if I experience real combat.

I've had a near death experience in the ocean before. I literally almost froze to death. That was pretty fucking scary. Does that count?
>>
>>24705938
I'll try to remember that. Thanks
>>
>>24705948
Maybe but the military will just harden you up regardless.

>>24705938
>Everyone says dumb shit non stop
Confident people usually don't realize that they've said something stupid though.
Their lack of self-awareness aids them.
Also,
>Just keep trying brah :^)
>Like, just improve yourself. It works for me every time.
>>
>>24706052

>Just keep trying brah :^)
>Like, just improve yourself. It works for me every time.

I'll not pretend I'm a true robot, but I've been here off and on since the board opened in the heyday of 400x400.gif efg (2006-2007). During that time I was in the middle of a 9 year dry spell (save two hookers). I'll admit I was "chad" before and am "chad" again.

I think my life gives me a unique perspective on being on both sides of the fence. Part of why I come here is to listen to OP and help if I can.

Social interaction is more complicated than "bee urself lol" and trying to summarize my post as such disingenuous.
>>
File: 546654768.gif (759 KB, 499x286) Image search: [Google]
546654768.gif
759 KB, 499x286
>>24706268
>I think my life gives me a unique perspective on being on both sides of the fence.
Guess what? It doesn't.
Idiot.
>>
>>24705997

Sure thing m80. Another thing:

Don't let

>>24706328
>>24706052

This board get you down. Cliches love company
>>
Been dealing with insane anxiety lately myself.

You could try medication, maybe Buspar, I don't recommend benzos as those will probably work but also make you retarded and addicted.

Diet and exercise is a big one too, as is your sleep cycle.

Anxiety really is the worst feeling ever, it also helps to accept that you are crazy and your worries are meaningless and are just a manifestation of your malfunctioning brain.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.