[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here been in a car accident, or nearly been in one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: fff.jpg (45 KB, 680x387) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
45 KB, 680x387
Has anyone here been in a car accident, or nearly been in one?
>>
File: giphy-.gif (68 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-.gif
68 KB, 480x270
Yeah, also crashed my motorcycle and snapped my wrist and nearly broke my back. Still haven't learned my lesson and still continue to be a speed demon.
>>
It was at night and I was riding my bike to work.
Didn't see the Nissan Truck coming because he
had his lights off. Hit head on and created a
crevice into the windshield with my head. Did
more damage to the truck then to myself.

That's the day I went head on against a truck
and won my friends.
>>
3 times, I think

one was with my dad driving, and we got tboned on the passenger side, though it was just a nudge

the second was a time we got backed up on by a van

last one was most interesting, i think i was in middle school when my school bus got hit, and at the time i had my hand wedged between the seat and the wall, and the car hit right about where i was sitting.

so pretty much my wrist got forced the other way and i nearly lost my left hand (which is dominant), but i got away with a dislocation or something like that. made me ambidextrous in the end because it didnt heal for around a year or more
>>
>>24705817
Why do you ask, have you had something like that in your life?

If it's /x/ stuff you're probably wasting your time. Most "near-death" experiences are either selective/inaccurate memories or outright lies for attention.

I've been in one that nearly killed me and is the main reason why I'm even on boards like these today, my girlfriend at the time (driver) had such severe head trauma that she lives in mental-care facilities and has very little awareness of the world around her, or reliable memory for anything longer than about two minutes ago.

It's really personal for me, I can joke all day about the Holocaust or gang violence or wars in the Middle East, but car crashes are 100% serious with me.
>>
>>24706040
I hope your girlfriends tard handlers rapes her every night.
>>
I'd wager that everyone driving for longer than say 2 years has narrowly avoided an accident at some point
>>
Not really anything bad, but I guess they still count.

Some old guy left a stop sign a bit too early and bopped the back of my car, not much damage

After a long, tiring day at work doing physical labor I was stuck in traffic. It was a hot as fuck day and my air conditioning wasn't working. I ended up nearly falling asleep while at a red light and I hit someone's rear bumper since I let go of the brake as I was drifting off. He let me go and told me to "go clean up your face".

It was raining and I felt like I was in an emotional wreck. Was heading off the highway and I didn't bother breaking because I'm fucking retarded. Ended up losing control at my exit and ended up doing a 180 spin. No one was present to be hit thankfully.
>>
>>24706063
They couldn't possibly go any harder than I already do on your mum, mate.
>>
>>24706168
Do you know many motorcyclers? I'm sure they exist, but I don't know of anyone who's been riding longer than 4 years or so and has never had an accident. The lucky ones are generally the single-vehicle accidents where they didn't realize how slippery the road was or something (if they're primarily dirtbikers they're luckier, trail accidents are typically fairly non-damaging, rarely worse than a non-life-threatening fracture). I don't know anyone who's been able to live the same life after hitting or being hit by a car on a motorcycle.
>>
>>24706040
>Why do you ask, have you had something like that in your life?

Well I was driving today and I took a turn too early. The people behind me were honking like crazy and I heard a guy had to break really hard and he seemed to slide. I think it was ok though, that's all I heard. But i'm so upset. I feel so guilty. It makes me never want to drive again. I feel like I was this close to causing something really horrible and my life could have changed forever. I hate that whenever I have to turn, people are often honking behind me. I just want to be totally safe from now on.
>>
Yeah, was still drunk from the night before because only got 1hr of sleep. Was going 60 pulled e brake and hit a guard rail
>>
It was night, peak hour traffic, I was driving a 1992 mitsubishi express, the rain was coming down hard and I was going fast downhill a mountain pass on a main highway which was packed full of cars. As I came around a bend, my view was blocked off and there I saw a huge traffic jam. I had little time and kept pumping the brakes, I knew with my vehicles weight and also the rain that if I stomped on the brakes I would easily keep sliding. At the very last moment before I hit the car in front of me I turned left into a narrow opening/pull over lane which gave me more room to slow down and eventually stop. It was the single most dangerous driving experience of my life even though I have actually crashed my car before but I was the only one injured.
>>
>>24706314
You mean you turned into oncoming traffic or something?

Hey man, I'm sure you're new to driving, hopefully this will shake you to the point where you'll never do it again. Most people have done it once, lots of roads do look confusing. The trick is to never do it a second time, that's going into the "you absolute madman" territory.

Talk about it, tell us friendly folk the details, but it sounds like you should be fine. If you think you were unsafe with that, try letting a 16 year old girl drive.
>>
Yes, but never as the diver and all were minor.
Not really interesting stories any of them.
>>
I was driving a toyota celica and a woman pulled out directly in front of me in a jeep compass. I slammed on the breaks but it was too late, I smashed into her door going like 30 or 40 kmph. My headlight and fender needed replacing. That's all.
>>
>>24705817
Sort of. During high school, I went out on a ten-minute drive during recess because fuck if I had friends to hang with.

My route was a 25-kilometer loop around a lake a bit further north from the school on a gravel road, but this being winter, the road was frozen quite solid. This also means there was three feet of snow on the ground, but the road was freshly plowed and it was good fun.

I also liked to pretend I was a rally racer in those days. 100+ km/h (60mph for you yank fucks) down a narrow dirt road in the middle of winter, skidding around corners fast as I could manage- it got my pickle tickled.

The thing about dirt roads is they do sort of hump towards the middle of the road, and the thing about snowplow is that they have a straight edge- so the closer to the shoulder you are, the deeper the snow is. And snow is not as soft as you would thing.

I came around a corner and hit a familiar straight, so I gunned the engine. Felt my bollocks tingle as the acceleration pushed me into the seat. I was a bit too close to the right side though, and the snow got me- sucked in my wheels and pulled me sharp to the right.

Blew through the snowbank and straight down a ten-foot embankment. 120km/h-to-zero in no time flat.

Had enough sense to turn off the engine when I realized what happened.

Managed to heave myself out from the snow and to the road with little trouble.

Had to walk an hour to the nearest house with people in to phone home (this was the days before cell phones.) Father was not amused.
>>
>>24706857
I'm a lot like you anon,
My dad lets me take his car to school sometimes, It is a Subaru wrx, so 17 year old me has to drive like Colin mcrae every chance I get... I like to have a couple friends with me sometimes as I'm racing through dirt bike paths down by the lake late at night. great fun and I have not yet crashed...yet
>>
>>24706211
>bogan

No wonder shes a potato, shame she had someone like yourself driving.

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
Just last week I narrowly avoided crashing head-on into a driver going the wrong way down the freeway, shit was scary.
>>
>Been in car that flipped
>Been hit while on a motorcycle
>Ran my car sideways through a barbedwire fence and into a tree.
>>
I was driving in a snowstorm once and a guy turning onto the road pulled out in front of me and I had to brake harder than I would have liked to in the slushy weather. I beeped at him. and got in the other lane. He pulled alongside and yelled at me. I yelled back. The next intersection, lights red, he swerves across the whole road in front of me, from the left-turn lane, two traffic lanes, to the right turn lane. Light turns I sit there for a second and he floors it, spins his wheels, and slowly starts moving, swerves back in front of me. He was pretty obviously trying to crash into me and be able to get away with it by saying it was an accident.

theres a lot of nutcases out there
>>
three, with my family members as a kid. None of them were that bad
>>
>>24707009
Mah nigga. It was my own car though, and it was a fucking '82 Ford Shadow, kek. The ultimate low-quality shitbox, not a top-end Rally-breed.

Best part was, after dad paid to have the thing pull out of the ditch, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it- I just kicked the snow out of the radiator and drove home.
>>
yes, thrice
one was my fault
>>
>>24706857
Oh fuck, I just remembered a close-call that nearly had me dead.

Same car, same area, but it was summer. Doing my usual too-fast-on-dirt shit. Climbing one of the steeper hills at the Lake, when over the top comes rumbling a fucking giant dumptruck. I am doing ~80km/h and coming straight into its grill, only have a second to react. Hard right, quick hard left on the wheel, literally drift around the fucker and come out the other side smelling like roses and urine.

Fuck that was great.

Maybe I should do more of that. It made me feel ALIVE.
>>
>dip shit passes me on icy highway going well over 100km/hr (limit is 100km)
>tail end of truck swerves into my front end of car
>skid across the road and i'm assuming rolled a few times

after coming back to my senses after forgetting what just happened (normal brain response) i get out perfectly fine. driver had a passenger and went to the same school as me. unlimited well wishes to him but only one to me and i was the fucking victim of it all. totaled both of our vehicles but i got $5k back for it (worth about $4k) and got a brand new whatever generation ipod touch because someone stole my old 3rd gen out of my fucking wrecked vehicle. desu i was more pissed off about that than the wreck.
>>
>>24707118
you are the man for driving an old car like that hard.

If I ever do crash in my dads car I hope I'm killed in the crash, I couldn't take the shit storm that would fallow assuming I lived.
>>
>>24707181
oh ya and like in august some old bitch backed into my fucking front end and made a huge ass dent in the hood and broke my grill. insurance guy assessed the damage and was going to write it off but gave me an estimate for $2600+ that i didn't have to pay a cent on when i got it repaired.
>>
>>24706040
Im fairly certain that didn't happen and is just a selective memory or an outright lie for attention
>>
>>24706440

Well it was one of those really busy roads that I had to turn on. Plus it was raining. I thought I had enough time but I must have turned too slowly (it's a really tight turn and there was traffic going the other way to). When I was turning I heard a car horn, and then a sound of a car sliding in the rain. I think it was just the guy braking really hard but I don't know. I kept on driving because it seemed like nothing happened. But I felt so horrible. To be honest I don't like driving, it makes me nervous. And often when I try to be extra cautious, people honk behind me.

I was thinking, what would happen if something bad actually happened? I could have hurt someone. I could have ended up getting arrested or something.
>>
question: how come people in the left lane always go WAY over the speed limit? I know its meant to be a passing lane but they use it for driving. And why does it seem like these people never get pulled over?

Like if the speed limit is 60, people will go 80-85 in the left lane no problem. They even get mad when you don't and you're in front of them.
>>
File: teggy crash.jpg (79 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
teggy crash.jpg
79 KB, 540x960
I was in my best friends 95 acura integra.

It was raining and we were dicking around spinning the bald tires in the wet, going down a two lane road he pulls into the oncoming lane to pass a slow pickup truck doing 80km as we are doing about 170km going around the truck he turns to go back into the lane after passing the truck and losses control... We spin 180 degrees and are now going 150km ish? backwards down the road. after like half a second we fly off the road and skid across the ditch and smash into a telephone pull backwards. I'm guessing we hit it doing 90-110kph . Not one of us got injured but the car was totaled. He flew back in his seat and broke it right off the floor.
>>
>>24707372
People like myself like to pretend they are in germany driving fast down the autobahn.. do you ever notice most of the cars going "Way over the speed limit" are Europe import luxury cars or sports cars? people like driving fast in nice cars. You probably have the occasional dick in a f150 doing it too. If I have somewhere to be I'm going to sit in the left lane and go as fast as I think is safe and completely disregard the speed limit at that point. Police don't touch us most of the time because It's a lot of work to hand out that big a fine and show up to court when we fight the tickets.
>>
File: 1412963946944.gif (447 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1412963946944.gif
447 KB, 270x200
The first year I got my license at 16 I rammed into 2 different people, both drunk as fuck. The first guy was some dumbass marine who just yelled while I stared at him in my car with a blank face of "I really don't care" and he just went "I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MILITARY AND THIS IS A NEW CAR" (keep in mind marines always make sure you know theyre marines, he wanted to make me feel bad for hitting a hero) "YA KNOW WHAT? IM NOT WASTING MY TIME ANYMORE" and left
The second time was another truck and some old guy, he came up to my window said "you werent payin much attention sonny? Thats alright boy, youre lucky im not an asshole, drive careful now"
>>
>>24707508
I love bumping into people when traffic is heavy and they get all pissed off over nothing at all.

new cars are meant to sustain no damage below 5 mph so you can use the cars ahead of you in traffic to stop you if you want.
>>
>>24707325
>what would happen if something bad actually happened
I guess I'd advise you to take it slow, then. Drive exclusively on small low-traffic roads. Did you do the whole "mummy in passenger seat for six months while you drive with your learner's permit" thing, that you'd generally have to do if you got it before 18? If you didn't, try having someone sit copilot anyway, at least for a few weeks. It's really simple, but it's a lot to just jump in and do with no experience.

Seriously, though, if you've got a car you probably have the resources to find someone to sit shotgun with you for at least a few weeks -- if nothing else, offer free fast-food or something for any chums who'll help you learn. like I said, we've all been there. A friend of mine accidentally turned the steering wheel 90 degrees on the freeway when he was practicing the "look behind you before merging" thing, nearly hit the wall. Simple stuff, maybe you just need someone there to show you what's retarded and what isn't.

Knowing the streets also helps, too. I've been in some cities where I had to pay pretty close attention to not do exactly what you did, and I've been driving for nearly a decade.
>>
Funny you say op, I've been in 4 car accidents, and just two weeks ago I've been hit by a car.
>>
>>24707286
I wish that was the case, man. I really, really do. I really only talk about it on 4chan, everyone IRL kind of became an asshole about it when I didn't magically stop caring. There were years when I wouldn't even ride in the car with hardly anyone else driving, because even something like a rolling stop at a stop sign or merging in traffic would get me sick to the stomach and legitimately frightened.
>>
>>24707601
>implying the corporate shark in his 2016 BMW won't snapshot your license plate and hand you a court order to pay his $400 bumper-waxing service bill
i'd laugh because I'm a redneck trash who drives a lifted beater truck with brushguards; you'd dent the shit out of your hood and I might not even feel a bump.
>>
>>24705817
Yeah two days ago.
I was driving home from the gym, up this hill, it was raining and it was a pretty rough corner.
My back wheel like locked up, probably the wet conditions, I lost control, crossed the center line as I went around the corner, hit a car head on.
Came out fine, my car is fucked though. Was very scary .
>>
>>24706314
Once I was at T-intersection, a lot of lanes so I was a bit worried. Check for cars but as I go I realize a biker is coming straight at me. He brakes hard and starts mouthing off at me, swearing and shit, but I just keep going. Had to drive around for ages before I calmed down, was unsettling
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.