[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /guilt complex/ here? >Grew up relatively poorfag, only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1400901111330.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1400901111330.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
Who /guilt complex/ here?

>Grew up relatively poorfag, only because my mother was a financial retard with her child support/alimony
>literally squandered my dad's entire $250,000 401k on who knows what

anyway
>always got shamed for wasting any little thing and not finishing every bite of packaged food
>"Anon, that cost me X dollars!"
>"Thanks for wasting all that money, anon."
>dad's next wife is the same way but like five times worse
>
>fast forward
>
>compulsively avoid situations where I owe anyone anything
>despise christmas and birthdays, feel like I want to kill myself if I don't adore every gift I get
>Always beg not to get presents but no one ever listens
>being accused of wasting things can crush my entire soul
>on the bright side, am somewhat richfag now because I never spend money

Does anyone else know these feels?
if not I can just share cheapsk8 and financial tips for those of you with neetbux to spare
>>
>>24699426
I survived because I didn't fucking move 20m to the left. I think I might just kill myself
>>
>>24699426
>friend and I agree to play game together for the first time when it comes out
>release date
>he says he won't be able to play, tells me to play without him
>i do
>feel really guilty the next day, even though he insists that he doesn't care
>haven't touched the game since
>too much guilt
>>
>>24699426
I feel this to a lesser degree. I just hate when I have something better than people I care about. Also hate getting gifts.

You should share those tips, friend
>>
>>24699793
Well, one of the things that helps me comprehend the value of money is thinking about it as time.

Let's say I make ten dollars an hour, and I want to see a movie that'll cost me 7.50. I have to spend forty five minutes to see that movie.
If I want the latest goyphone for 600 bucks, that's sixty hours, or a week and a half's work.
>inb4 wagekek
As I work a pretty physical job, I can think vividly about how much soreness and work it takes me to create that money, so it makes it easier to say no to things that aren't basic necessities.

You'll also notice that people who are wasteful with their money (neets, teenagers with allowances, single mothers on child support, etc.) can just go get more pretty much whenever they want, so that money has no value to them.

I know this isn't super glamorous like "invest ten dollars in shekelcorp and be a millionaire next week!" but it's worked well for me
>>
>>24700000
Quints don't lie.
I actually do this to some extent, though I mostly think of it in terms of my bills though.
>>
>>24699426
Wait till 25 and drink and smoke a lot. Read some philosophy. Thabo males everything ethereal. You will be able to love only onces though.
>>
>>24699426
I have massive Jew guilt complex.

Same lower class family that harped on me eating every bite, saving a nickel whenever possible.

I'm thankful, though. I have a nice savings built up and work a relatively shit job. I can't recklessly spend money even if I tried.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.