[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I move to the city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
How do I move to the city?
>>
>>24695277
Get some savings together first because city life is fucking expensive, then look through your local classified or craigslist or whatever for a sharehouse that doesn't sound too dodgy in a decent area.

Not hard, just requires a bit of groundwork first. Make sure you have a car and a clear plan of action for finding a job or some other way to support yourself, apart from turning tricks on the street corner.
>>
>>24695337
>city life is fucking expensive
I see this meme a lot. Why do people say this? I moved from the middle of nowhere to the city a year ago. Maybe SF and NYC are expensive, but regular cities are not "expensive" to live in. You know what is expensive? Living in the middle of nowhere. Have fun paying for propane, well drilling, satellite Internet, and gas to drive to/from work every day.
>>
>>24695337
Is it possible to live there with shit roommates? I don't mind having roommates
>>
>>24695428
I guess it's a different type of expensive. Rents are usually much higher because of the demand and city slickers are generally keep-up-with-the-Joneses type dickheads who feel pressured to buy the latest fashions and Crapple products etc. in order to fit in. There's also a lot more to do in terms of social activities which usually price gouge the fuck out of you, but that can be avoided.

I'm guessing if all you're going to do is sit in your apartment and masturbate on 4chan it's probably not that much more expensive.

>>24695476
Possible, but it can really bite you in the ass. I once had to foot $800 dollars worth of rent for one cunt roommate who didn't pay his fair share. You can also find yourself living in other peoples filth if you're not careful, or conversely end up with a neat freak who flips out on you or leaves passive aggressive little notes around the place if there's a single hair out of place. You should definitely be prepared to stand our ground though, don't be the house bitch who lets everyone walk over them because you'll end up miserable.
>>
Yeah as long as it makes one of my dream cities affordable I don't mind roommates it would suck if I had to sign leases with them but it would be really nice if it was just month to !month and I could switch around. No roommates can be worse then the ones I have now though.
>>
When u dont need a car u save lots of money. This "city is expensive" shit is a myth spread by rednecks livin in the tampa to believe themself that the have no other choice than stay and bore to death
>>
>>24696113
I always suspected that plz tell me its true
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.