[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to be a wagekuck if you're a doctor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: wagekek.jpg (49 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
wagekek.jpg
49 KB, 640x360
Is it okay to be a wagekuck if you're a doctor?
>>
>>24694437
Yes, plenty of money and educated as fuck.
A 'wagekek' to me is someone who gets paid little for a lot of effort and ruins his life doing so.
>>
you dont know what working for a wage means do you
>>
>>24694437
If anything, that's even more beta.

>misguided savior complex
>stressful job
>insane hours
>extreme aggression due to stress from job
>literally drowning in debt from med school
>anyone new to the field is treated like shit
>unless you're a cutthroat businessman and you buddy up with another likeminded individual to create your own practice, you'll be stuck working for some medical firm that doesn't give a fuck about you despite the fact that your skillset is whats holding the fucking place together
>coworkers are always backstabbing cunts trying to move up the ladder

Willingly subjecting yourself to that is the epitome of betaness.
>>
File: 1441105893742.png (415 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441105893742.png
415 KB, 800x1200
>>24694437
Depends what kind of doctor you are and in what country, tutelage of medical personnel changes a lot from country to country.
>>
You don't understand the 'wage" part do you? its making fun of people who work jobs and get payed minimum wage. Doctors get payed Far above minimum.
>>
>is being a slave ok if your master calls you doctor?
TOPKEK
What do you think wageslave?
>>
File: 1430280133402.gif (564 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
1430280133402.gif
564 KB, 480x200
>>24694437

>doctors
>wagekeks

You don't even know what a wagekek is, do you?

Unless you're in family medicine. Then you're definitely a wagekek.
>>
>>24694641
U.S.A
Anesthesiologist

I'm just a student right now, I have the opportunity to be a NEET
>>
Don't doctors work like 12 hour days, 6 days a week and on call most of the time for emergencies?

A regular wagekek just says goodbye to work at 5 PM unless he works in IT or something.
>>
>>24694437
doctors have to work the same hours their whole careers. It's not like engineers who work LESS as they age
>>
>be legitimately autistic
>have awful motor coordination
>major sensory issues
>still want to be a surgeon
>figure I probably won't have a family anyway, so the time commitment's fine

Wish me luck, guys.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (26 KB, 636x470) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
26 KB, 636x470
>>24696363
Good luck mane.
>>
>>24696363
its my dream to become a surgeon as well.
wish you all the best
>>
File: 1381368233942.jpg (18 KB, 315x404) Image search: [Google]
1381368233942.jpg
18 KB, 315x404
>>24694641
>federal contractor
>60k a year in taxpayer funds
>code for 2 hours a day tops
>other 6 is shitposting and mtg
>45k of my salary is wagekeks paying me to shitpost
>>
>>24696483
What kind of surgeon do you want to be?

I'm attracted to neurosurgery and trauma, personally.

>>24696510
I mean, if money's the issue, that DOES sound cushy.

Personally, I think the whole wagekek/NEET dichotomy's kinda silly. If you're able to do something that gives meaning to your life and is enjoyable, whether a a job or a hobby, and you can do that without starving, you're pretty much living the dream.
>>
Medicalkek is one of the worst professions in my opinion.

>all those years in school
>all that debt (depending on where you live of course)
>long shitty hours working with the sick public

It's bad enough working with the public, let alone the sick public. Fuck that m8. Then you have stress due to the fact you literally have peoples lives on the line all the time.

Too much work for the money paid. Sure there is good money right at the top (like every industry), but largely just not worth it.
>>
>>24694680
No.

The fact that you have to work for a wage in the first place is a put down in itself. It's as pleb as it gets.

I know jobs like doctors are classically seen as prestigious, but especially at lower levels you're still a wagekek.
>>
>>24696363

>have awful motor coordination
>major sensory issues
>still want to be a surgeon

Dear God...
>>
>>24696656
I imagine him struggling with the operation game but still holding on to his dreams of being a surgeon.
>>
>>24696656
>>24696686

Yup. I'm the guy who couldn't tie his shoes until almost third grade. I can't eat without making a mess. I break things. My handwriting is like a toddler's. I was the kid who couldn't color inside the lines. I can't throw or catch.

Still want to be a surgeon. A good one. The weird thing is that I actually CAN do things that require an obscene degree of coordination. I can't fucking write properly, but I can sketch really well. It took me 3 tries to get my license, but I can play piano. I can't hold a spoon properly, but I'm good with small little tools and gadgets.

I've really got no doubt that if I put my mind to it, I could be very precise with my hands, and I honestly think that how sensitive I am and how focused I can get might be an advantage.

>>24696636
The real wagekeks are paramedics. They have to work an insane job and in many cases put themselves in danger, and the pay's notoriously crappy.
>>
>>24694437
I respect all doctors and I don't even care about their specialization

Surgeon is top tier though
>>
>literally dedicating your life to keeping Chads and Stacies alive

There is no bigger form of wagec*ckery
>>
>>24694469

I'm a doctor and I get paid very little for a lot of effort and inconveniences.
>>
>>24696958

with that way of thinking literally everything you do could be considered wagec*ckery

> set up a farm
>literally dedicating your life to keeping Chads and Stacies fed
> be lawyer
>literally dedicating your life to keeping Chads and Stacies out of jail

etc
>>
File: 1424285527669.gif (460 KB, 360x560) Image search: [Google]
1424285527669.gif
460 KB, 360x560
>>24696566
If you must work, work for the government. Day one they tell me im not allowed a minute over 40 hours a week. If I have to travel any longer than my daily commute (15 minutes) I get paid for it. If I have a meeting its usually at a restaurant being paid as we eat on a company card and discuss what we have coming down the pipeline for an hour (I got paid to have fucking steak for lunch with the Principal Engineer and discuss use of lesser known languages to prevent injections to the database). For every wagekek meme, federal work is the exact opposite.

And the kicker? holy fuck I actually want to go to work in the morning. Free coffee and bantz with the boys in the lab between doing what I love and doing what I love.
>>
>>24697166
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that gov't employees get such treatment.
>>
>>24697166

> holy fuck I actually want to go to work in the morning

I will never feel this feel and it genuinely saddens me.
>>
>>24694477
>Work for a time t
>Be paid amount of money x times t
Simple.
>>
Wagekeks are keks that make less than 20 dollars an hour
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.