[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This girl I know from class has liked and commented on over five
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 369x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 369x217
This girl I know from class has liked and commented on over five of my Facebook posts since we became friends yesterday. I really like her. Is this a pretty sure sign that she is into me? How do I proceed from here? I don't want to fuck this up.
>>
Message her and let your heart pour out into words. Trust me.
>>
ask her out before it's too late
>>
>>24693734

I am kind of autistic. Please don't fuck with me.
>>
lets see the whole fucking picture please
>>
>>24693748

On Facebook or in person?
>>
Sounds likes she's into you, man. Ask her out on a date, but make sure that it's something that isn't reliant on her coming along.

Something like "Hey, I'm going to xxxx on sunday, want to tag along?" That way you're covered if she can't.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 632x114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 632x114
>>24693779

I don't want to post her name. Here is a comment she wrote on one of my blog posts (I am doing a LOTR reread.)
>>
File: 1427145409611.jpg (76 KB, 501x670) Image search: [Google]
1427145409611.jpg
76 KB, 501x670
>>24693716

OH GOD

DONT-FUCKITUP-DONT-FUCKITUP-DONT-FUCKITUP.

Hahaha, just kidding

time for you to 'study' together anon.
>>
>>24693716
It sounds like a good sign, but you'll never know until you get to know her personally.

Just don't fucking do this: >>24693734.

Here's what you gotta do. You ONLY text / message her if you want to meet up with her when you're about to go do something that YOU want to do. That's it. No banter until you guys are relatively close.

When you meet up, keep it cool and keep the conversations LIGHT. Have a good time and enjoy yourselves.

Under NO instance should you go autistic and tell her verbally or through message that you like her. You must show her. Use physical contact when / if you meet up with her. By this I mean, placing the hand in the small of her back. Getting her attention by making physical contact with her like touching her forearm, etc.

You'll be able to tell she's into you since she'll be throwing signals at you, like touching her hair, neck, or if you feel that she's giving you the up and down when you're "not looking." If she stares at you while you're looking at her for a prolonged period of time, that's your move to kiss her.

This wraps up today's social skills 101 class.
>>
>>24693798

Ok thanks bro.
>>
>>24693850

What are some good things to do for a first meet up?
>>
>>24693826
post a pic of her so we can see what she looks like
>>
>>24693931

I'm not sure I should do that. I really don't want to fuck this up. Sorry. She is really cute though.
>>
>>24693952
you can just put a mark on it in paint so we can't reverse search it if you are that paranoid

just let us see
>>
File: 1445130172794.png (406 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1445130172794.png
406 KB, 601x601
Fuck off normie. I hate it when people succeed.
>>
My oneitis likes everything I post on Instagram, but it's probably because the photos I take are just siqq
I doubt there's anything more to it in your case
>>
good luck mate, seems that she is in to you..
just keep it light, but be more friendly to her than other people and compliment her..(but not all the time)

but for date.. idk do you have same intrests.. to watch a lotr movie ??
>>
>>24693716
For the love of fuck OP

Every time I like something on FB guys always assume I want their dick.

Responding to your shit doesn't mean she is into you.
>>
>>24693716
Write her a sonnet, bitches love sonnets.
>>
>>24694104

But responding to EVERYTHING I post? That doesn't mean she likes me?

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>24694104
But it doesn't not mean she's into him either.
A few girls I've dated started out from them liking stuff I've posted.
>>
>>24694145
without context it's impossible to tell, obviously you are in the best position to say for certain. I'm just telling you that responding to shit you post doesn't mean she wants you and it's a stupid assumption guys tend to make.

That said, if you're getting that vibe from the tone of herresponses, there is only one way to find out: stop being an autist and ask her.
>>
>>24693798
>>24693854

I second this.

If she says, "Oh, sorry, I'm busy." then you can walk away with dignity intact.

If she says, "I'm busy but let's do something else some time." then you're a winner.

Of course she might actually say yes.
>>
>>24694204

If a girl doesn't want a guy to think she's into him then she shouldn't fucking like everything he posts.
>>
>>24693716

> OMG A GIRL LIKED MY JEWBOOK PHOTO WAT DO ROBOTS

how about you fuck off
>>
>>24694238
this is why you will never get laid. You deserve your fate for how god damn retarded you are.
>>
>>24694245

Salty as fuck lmao
>>
>>24693898
Something that gives opportunity to talk and get to know each other. Cinema is a bit of a no-no unless you arrange to go for food afterwards. Then at least you can talk about the film.

Ideally it would be something you will enjoy and be passionate about so that she sees you when you are happy and positive and confident - these are attractive qualities.
>>
>>24694258

You sound like an obese cunt who's got a permanent chip on her meaty shoulder because no living male will even look her in the eye.
>>
>>24694281

One of the clubs I'm part of is having a bonfire tomorrow, should I ask her to that?
>>
>>24694306
>One of the clubs I'm part of is having a bonfire tomorrow
are you genuinely fucking autistic? you have no chance with that/a girl
>>
>>24694383

How about coffee? And yes I am kind of autistic.
>>
>>24694145
It could be that you just post things that demand responses. However, judging by what you posted, her response didn't seem particularly necessary and she was just showing interest in you for the sake of you.

Good sign but don't get carried away. It probably means she's interested and it's definitely a green light for you to respond equally and show interest in her. Don't be creepy or overbearing, just let thing splay out. There's no rush, is there?

I wouldn't necessarily just come out and ask her about it though. In my experience, that ambiguity and the anticipation and hope is the most exciting bit. But I enjoy the thrill of the hunt so maybe that's just me.
>>
>>24694258
If believing that helps you sleep at night, sure! Look, I'm sorry I called you retarded ok anon? But I can enjoy interacting with someone on facebook without wanting his dick. Life just works like that, and not understanding that is why you are maladjusted and why girls prefer chad over you.
>>
>>24694306
Sounds alright. Don't make it too heavy like it's a date with all kinds of potential consequences.

>You're going to a social event, would she like to go too?
>She would.
>Go to social event, get to know each other better.
>Hopefully still like each other
>Repeat

It's good if you know other people there so you seem like a normal social person but avoid the following:
"Friends" who will take the piss and belittle you (even if you're normally fine with it)
Anyone who will deliberately or accidentally sabotage you or put innecessary pressure on you ("Oooh, look, anon is with a girl! Hey, is this a date etc")

I'm of course assuming this club is not the Ku Klux Klan.
>>
Just tell her that you like her, OP. If she would even consider dating you she would have already done it by now.
>>
>>24694306
>Club event
>event
>for a club you're both in
>Romantic bonfire
Uh, I dunno, should you? (That's sarcasm, if you're too autismo to realize, of course you should)
Don't listen to this retard. >>24694383 OP I'm guessing you're pretty young, so I'll just let you know, coffee is a pretty weird thing to do unless you're at least in college or older.
>>
>>24694409
What do you mean by kind of autistic?

Do you have something wrong in your brain or are you just a slightly socially awkward teenager?

Because one of those things gets better and you can learn and grow. And the other one, well, that's a bit more difficult.
>>
>>24694561

Thank you! I'm gonna send her a message soon. I'm sick of being alone. I'll probably get rejected but I have to try anyway.

>>24694612

But I thought girls rarely if ever made the first move?
>>
Ask to netflix and chill... surefire plan
>>
What would you rate yourself of of 10, and what would you rate her?
B honest
>>
>>24694655
They don't usually, but if she thinks you're ugly or something then she'll never like you no matter how hard you try. Basically it's already decided unless you sperg out really hard, I don't know how much autism you have around women
>>
>>24694716

I'm like a 7.5/10 and she's an 8.5 or a 9/10.
>>
Man I'm learning so much from this thread. Thank you, guys.
>>
>>24694824
While some of the people here might be completely depraved and tell you some off-based shit, some of us are gladly willing to help. It's no sweat off our back, anon. We're in this together.
>>
>>24694655
The trick is to be able to take rejection appropriately. Sometimes people just aren't into you and it's no big deal. Getting obsessive and creepy won't help. If she's not into you then keep looking for someone who is.

And don't be afraid to have her as a friend. Sometimes things do develop as you get to know each other better but you should never expect it. The real value is that girls tend to know lots of other girls and if you're a nice guy who isn't always trying to get in her pants then you will get recommended in her social group. Or at least get invited to her social events and have the chance to meet other people.

There's no such thing as "the one" or some magical special connection. It feels that way when you really click with someone but that's just an emotional high that can't sustain long-term relationships.

The simple equation is, the more people you meet, the more likely you are to find one that likes you and you get on with.

If 1 in 10 women are attracted to you then you need to get out and meet 100 women. If 1 in 1000 women are attracted to you then you need to meet 10000 women (and possibly look into ways of making yourself more attractive).
>>
>>24694007
this.

The fuck are the odds of someone knowing some roastie you like on /r9k/, let alone giving enough of a shit about it to do anything?
>>
>>24694947

I'm screenshotting this shit. You need to write a book or something man.
>>
>>24694763
pics required, at least of her

Plus hurry up and ask her and then post the results
>>
>>24695037
>>24694007
don't do it OP it's not worth it
>>
File: 1413673942650.gif (770 KB, 127x189) Image search: [Google]
1413673942650.gif
770 KB, 127x189
>>24693716
>I really like her. Is this a pretty sure sign that she is into me?
It's a pretty sure sign of her feigning more interest than she actually has in an attempt to get you to have these exact types of thoughts, of which you will become a slave. It's her way of collecting you as her beta orbiter. It looks like it is working so far.
>>
>>24695102

That's an extremely cynical way of looking at the situation.
>>
>>24695040
God damn it, you're right. I should.

I don't think I'm anything special, I think I've got just enough experience to have a healthily cynical attitude. I've had a couple of serious relationships and tons of short term ones - you make a lot of mistakes on that journey and as long as you're open enough to look at yourself and learn from your errors then you're going to grow.

I'm 31 now and the major difference between me now and me ten years ago is simply self-confidence. I'm confident in the areas I know I should be and when I'm not confident I fake it - you'd be surprised how far that gets you.

And arrogance is not the same as confidence.
>>
>>24695102
Do women consciously do this, or is this shit just hardwired into their brain?
>>
>>24694947
Not that anon, but I have a problem where I obviously want a gf and know that being friends is the best thing to do. And friends that are girls isn't a bad thing. But I can't help but thinking of a relationship as something that could happen and then I can't look at them as just friends, no matter how much I want to. How do I condition myself to not even think about a relationship occuring?
>>
>>24695437
I believe it's more hardwired than anything, man. They provide a battery of fitness tests. If you fail or you're "ugly" (by their standards), you're immediately relegated to orbiter status.

>>24695340
I'd write a book with you, anon.
>>
Fuck I'm so nervous. I don't think I can go through with this.
>>
>>24695171
nah it's pretty likely
>>
>>24693826
Either fake or she's fucking with you
>>
>>24695514
I don't really have an easy answer for that. It's a psychological issue that is to do with the way that you view the world and the people around you. You sound pretty desperate (don't worry, that's normal) and you're letting that affect your judgment.

Here is a simple way to treat this: You should never be more interested in a girl than they are in you. Okay, maybe 10% more interested so you can push it forward.

If a girl shows no interest in you whatsoever then why would you be attracted to her?

If she seems to want to know you and takes an interest in you then do the same back.

If she's all over you then get stuck in.

I said earlier that I liked the thrill of the hunt when it came to women but actually that's not really true. A hunter goes after prey that doesn't want to be caught and destroys it in the process. This is more like a game of hide and seek. It's only fun if the hider actually wants to get found.

Don't go looking for people who aren't even playing the game because you'll miss the girl with her feet sticking out from underneath the curtain.
>>
>>24693757
Don't do that. Don't pour any emotion into a girl until you've had lots of other interactions.
>>
>>24695678
Nothing to be nervous about. You're going to a thing that she might be interested in so see if she wants to come. Imagine she is a guy that you've known for months.

"Hey bro, wanna come to this thing with me? It should be fun."

You shouldn't be nervous because it really doesn't matter. You're not emotionally invested in this girl, you barely know her. If she's not interested then at least you'll know and you can shut that niggling thought down straight away and just think of her as a friend.
>>
>>24696097
This is what I was trying to say but put in a more succinct way. The level of emotions you put in should be equal to what you get back.
>>
>>24696110

Thank you for the confidence boost! Get going on that book man.
>>
>>24696110

Thanks for the confidence boost! Get going on that book, man.
>>
>>24693850
if that's what it takes to get a gf, I'd rather just stay a KV for the rest of my life

not OP btw
>>
>>24694027
fuck off, robot. I'm a full-blown wizard but I still enjoy seeing someone else succeed. you sound like a failed normalfag
>>
>>24697850

well it wasn't that hard back in the olden days, all that shit he detailed was basically male culture spread through strong father figures. Died around the 70-80's with 2nd wave feminism.
>>
>>24693716
yes it's a sign

go for it. you can even mention that you noticed she liked your photos and that you think she's cute too. just don't spill spaghetti while doing it (y)
>>
>69 replies
>no pics
>no message screencaps

worthless reddit thread
>>
>>24698147
thanks, David. I feel pretty distant with a lot of the posters here, but I'm glad we can connect on a personal level.
>>
>>24693716
>This girl I know from class has liked and commented on over five of my Facebook posts
it could mean that she finds you interedasting

that doesnt imply anything about whether its romantic/sexual or platonic, though. she probably just thinks you're a potentially good person to know. considering you just met, you should just keep talking to her to build off her natural interest. message her, speak to her in person whenever possible, do whatever senpai. just dont let her forget you exist, and don't spaghetti out too much

>>24693734
NO NO NO NO NO

he's baiting if you're too oblivious to notice

>>24693748
yeah, if you dont enter through the window of opportunuity, you'll get cukt and memezoned
>>
>>24693826

does she have aspergers?

Ask her on a study date or something
>>
>>24695437
>implying women are capable of sentient thought processes

what do you think, anon?
>>
>>24695514
fap before you interact with them, that way you'll see them as just another "male" friend
>>
>>24698147
fuck off david
>>
>>24698108
if that's male "culture" then I'm glad it's dead, sounds like a lot of work tbqh
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.