[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: most important lessons you've learned in the past few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 447x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 447x549
ITT: most important lessons you've learned in the past few years.

> I am not nearly as smarted I think I am
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1917) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1917
Never go to cooking class on heroin
>>
Jusbeeurself fun what the robot thinks
>>
File: 1419137895830.jpg (19 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
1419137895830.jpg
19 KB, 500x249
Life is a single player, not a cooperative multi player.
>>
It will only get worse.
>>
>>24693061
Your very pretty much the smarted person i know anon
>>
I need to do a poo but can't be bothered to get up.
>>
>>24694492
Fuck yourself.

>>24694749
I'm not as smarted as you think, friend; don't count on me being able to make a plan.
>>
There's no need to worry about things or to get expectations because everything that is going to go wrong will go wrong regardless of your actions and probably at the worst time.
>>
Islam wants to take over the world by infiltrating and out-breeding all over races. It must be stopped.

Islamic peace is Islamic world domination.
>>
>>24694718
> life is multiplayer where the high-level players have established a dictatorship and shit all over low-level players and destroy their creations.
>>
>>24694826
>tfw spawncamped by jews
>tfw they nerfed my dick, and the mods won't do anything about it
>>
>>24693061
it's okay to just be yourself if you can laugh when things go wrong.
stagnating into apathy was a great decision.
>>
File: 1444204746689.jpg (31 KB, 286x290) Image search: [Google]
1444204746689.jpg
31 KB, 286x290
I learned that most people are dumb and boring creatures. Maybe 1 or 2 in a hundred are worth knowing.
>>
Not killing yourself wasnt a good decision.
>>
File: 1412867550988.jpg (21 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1412867550988.jpg
21 KB, 500x329
>>24693061

1. wear a stab proof vest
2. keep an eye over your shoulders
3. if it sounds to good to be true its probably not true
4. retards are everywhere
>>
File: fighting teostra1.gif (1 MB, 284x199) Image search: [Google]
fighting teostra1.gif
1 MB, 284x199
>>24694718
>>24694826
>tfw robot life is solo-ing a multiplayer game

>tfw normies are teostra
>>
>>24694807
Maybe.

Which version of Islam though?
>>
>>24694956
The true version of it, the one that lead the prophet and his heirs to countless military campaigns in order to spread the faith
>>
>>24695032
modern crusades when?
let's bring back the white garb as well.
>>
>>24694807
My grandpa always told me that growing up, wasn't until the last few years I started to believe him. He should no better than anyone, he served as military police in turkey and lived right along side those camel fuckers.
>>
>>24695153
*know
>>
>>24695153
I suppose the patriarchy exists as well then? Because that's the same logic feminists use to support that idea
>>
Expecting intelligence from the average person is like expecting intelligence from a housecat.
>>
>never underestimate the stupidity of some people

work on retail and you'll know it's true
>>
Most people are cowards
>>
Conficence is the most valuable quality a man must have, everything else doesnt really count.
>>
one person cannot make a difference, and nobody will cross the crowd to join one person.
>>
>>24693061
>your opinions don't matter
>talk is pointless
>no one cares
>you're dumber than you thought
>lamenting your life is vanity (self hate is narcissism)
>no one really changes
>personal growth is a meme
>confidence matters more than skill for most people
>the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know
>people in power are really fucking stupid
>everyone is surprisingly lacking in self awareness
>people rarely introspect which is why people doing drugs that force introspection think they've achieved some great understanding

mostly obvious stuff, unfortunately
>>
>>24694826
>get spawned into one of the rich servers
>unlimited police summons
>can use my free skill points on getting even more gold
>have more power than even the moderators

Playing the good game here lads.
>>
> people care too much about sex, drugs. You know better.
> Life fucking sucks and always will, live to have children and make theirs better
> people are assholes. everyone. no matter what. you will never find someone else like you.
>>
>>24693061
this, 100 percent this
>>
>>24695916
I disagree (with the first part of that statement anyway). If someone is truly motivated enough, change will come with his actions. As Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 once said, the world can change, all it takes is the willpower of a single man.
>>
>>24693206
That looks very fake.
>>
>>24695916
Tell that to Princip, Castro, Lenin, Napoleon, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Hitler, Albert Einstein, Megas Alexander, Julius Caeser and fucking Vladimir Putin.
>>
>no one gives a shit about what you have to say if it doesn't affect them in some way
>if you have gril problemz, it's 50% their fault and 90% your fault
>going out of your way to impress other people is for fucking losers
>going out of your way to help other people is for cool guys who don't afraid even if it is just to satisfy your own ego, whatever, everyone wins

most importantly:
>life
>is
>meaningless
>death is the only escape
>>
>>24697458
>50% their fault and 90% your fault
140%?
>>
1.i am not as smart as i though i was
2.there is nothing wrong with being a pretentious snob about art
>>
>>24694859
Kek'd heartily

ori
>>
>everything you were taught as a child is wrong. it was all a trick in order to turn you into a failure. those lessons were never meant to be taken seriously, and were only a last-ditch effort to make chads and stacies more submissive. don't fucking listen to them.
>you are actually just as smart as you thought you were. however, you are still dumb as shit because you lack life experience and therefore came up with some really stupid conclusions about society. there are far more important qualities than intelligence, which you need to excel in (even in academia)
>nobody will understand you, so don't even try deeply connecting with others. normies are basically sociopathic aliens who took over the world in your sleep.
>as a man, you hold no value in society and everything is your fault. yeah, it's not fair, but tough shit.
>everything is your fault. Even when you are harmed by others, it's still your fault because you placed yourself in that situation. you should know better because the world sucks.
>do the opposite of what normies tell you. instead of "being yourself", change yourself and your personality to be more like a normie. that is the only way to be happy in this society.
>>
>>24697544
Do da math
>>
>>24696007
>>lamenting your life is vanity (self hate is narcissism)
I don't understand this one. Narcissists love themselves, no?
>>
>the only person you can trust is yourself
>Sex is only good if you have a emotional connection to the person you're making love to. Craigslist whore's are not the ideal partner to lose your virginity to.
>the world is slowly coming down around us, for various reasons, yet most people don't even notice it
>I'm really not that smart
>>
>>24699062
In the traditional sense, yeah. These days it tends to be broader, simply being fixated on the self.
>>
>>24699246
It's just weird to see someone saying I'm narcissistic when I fucking loathe almost everything about myself.
>>
File: tumblr_mht88wUw7a1r2g7mto1_1280.png (388 KB, 800x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mht88wUw7a1r2g7mto1_1280.png
388 KB, 800x768
>I am 100 times smarter than my dad and every single bit of career/school/love advice he has given me has been bullshit

This is a bad feel famiglia.
>>
>>24699371
yeah, you spend all the time thinking about yourself

aka narcissism
>>
>>24699403
Your dad actually fucked a girl

Check and mate
>>
>Intelligence doesnt make one more qualified to have opinions

>I am the only player in this game
>>
>>24699459
>Implying I'm straight
f a m
>>
I am destined to live and die alone, and I just have to accept that and make do with the cards I've been delt.
>>
>you'll always be bored and depressed as a NEET
>>
>>24699459
But the result was below acceptable, he clearly failed.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 740x555
>>24699437
I am an absolute egomaniac, my ego is so big it makes Stacies look small in comparison.

This is what I have learned about myself, and I like it this way, because my way is right
>>
>>24694718
You either play Multiplayer in a single player game where there's only one controller or you play single player in a multiplayer game. It is co op because the devs played the game as well.

On a related note someone should make a multiplayer game where the players make the game as they play it and in order to make it you have to play the current game and rise your skills in the current game.
>>
>>24693061
Being confidant and outgoing makes literally everything in your life easier.

Your own opinions should basically be like facts to you. If they aren't, drop them.

Most people can't come to terms with the fact that they'll never be great (no matter what "great" means to them), so they make up for it by focusing on personal relationships.

A true skill > everything else. And I'm not talking about some dumb degree, or "work experience", I'm talking about being so good at something that you can't be ignored.
>>
>>24695916
They can though, you just have to do it correctly by making the movement not about you. If it's about you you're fucking up. It is always about the cause, it is not your cause, you were just the first one to join.
>>
>>24699062

Narcissism is self-obsession. The word "love" is used often when describing it but it mostly refers to actions and thoughts that focus solely on the self without concern for others, regardless if they're negative or positive.

A narcissist with high self esteem will be perceived as confident or overly arrogant. A narcissist with low self esteem likely will suffer from self loathing.
>>
youre on your own in the end. youre always alone
see people as a rented video game, thats what they are really
>>
>>24699669
The best skill is making your own skill and being confident in that skill. No competition or trying to be better than everyone else.
>>
just love and be loved in return
>>
>>24694733
I journal and looking back on past writings things actually got better emotionally. I'm not sure how, but things got better.
>>
File: just.jpg (108 KB, 837x892) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
108 KB, 837x892
>>24699984
>tfw things got better and worse at the same time
>>
>>24700013
How so? I'm curious.
>>
>I was only drinking because of peer pressure, I hate it really
>/pol/ and the news causes unnecessary stress
>People secretly envy you for how easy you have it
>showing progress is only acceptable at opportune moments
>>
>>24700088
I've become overall more unstable and detached from myself, but I'm not in the living nightmare that I was in for the past year, anymore. I feel so empty, but like I feel everything at the same time. It's so hard.
>>
I learned that it's impossible to get by in the world without other people. Without other people approving, I can't have anything in life. I nearly wound up homeless after uni and couldn't find a job because I didn't make connections.

I'm getting by okay now but only because I literally sold my soul. I'll get it back in a few years but I need to make sure I have enough resources to get by after.
>>
>>24699669
>>A true skill > everything else. And I'm not talking about some dumb degree, or "work experience", I'm talking about being so good at something that you can't be ignored.

Pretty much this. Pride in my work is one of the few things that keeps me going, right next to week and functioning alcoholism.
>>
>>24693061
No matter how individually talented and impressive you are, you will always need the help of others to succeed.
Being a good team player is better than being the best individually skilled person.
>>
File: 1448965610226.jpg (78 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1448965610226.jpg
78 KB, 1191x670
>>24701141
>being an average shitlord is better than being dominant in your field

Sure thing.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.